Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel or resub, the big poll

Comments

• Agathos88Agathos88 Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Played til about level 20. Got bored of it fairly quick. The botting was absolutely terrible in the dungeons, however that wasn't why I left. It was missing something...

-Prior story writer for MMORPG.com

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JR4D
    Originally posted by Pemmin

cancelled at 45

too much of a single player experience....i like group games not single player  games.

Good luck in finding that type of mmorpg in todays standards, welcome to the era of  console gaming and instant gratification. The days of getting a group to accomplish goals is over, no one has patience for that anymore.

ArcheAge.

And more in the future.   PFO's main focus is bringing back the social aspect of teamwork, CU I believe is in the same boat, SC I have no ideal about.  EVE already is based on teamwork and non-single player.

Now themepark MMOs though that advocate this teamwork..... yeah... really none come to mind and concede that there is none or really bleak prospect.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    It's like some people get offended when others stop playing the game they play, and down right mad when you point out that they stopped.  

Or, alternatively, a forum that might otherwise be for discussion of the game gets spammed by multiple threads, involving the same people, on the same topics over and over and over.

If only they had an official forum where the people playing could go to talk about the game and any negative opinion could be moderated out...

oh wait, people not playing the game can't read those forums, and some people want a place they can tell people not playing the game how great it is without any contrasting opinions?  

You are literally complaining about people using a non official forum, to tell others they stopped playing the game you like, and why.  

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    VR 5 and cancelled for obvious reasons. The vast majority of the game was broken for a month and a quick review of their 1.1 patch list many of it will remain broken. From what I've heard 1.1 hasn't even launched yet. Seriously 1.5 months post release and they still can't get the content that was promised at release out to their customers?

This is so untrue. Ive ran across maybe half dozen broke quests, all of them have been fixed so far, some within one day of me finding it. You are talking like you never played the game with "sounds like" statements. So quit being a parrot of trolls.

Actually he did play... he played the shit out of it to some VR rank for a month and then finagled a refund... sort of like buying a 24-pack of no-name cola, drinking 23 of them, taking the 24th can to the store and getting a full refund. His new hobby is living in this forum and trashing the game.

My new hobby is my old hobby; playing games that actually work, ;)

Oh, and that's a terrible analogy. You can't compare Coke to a product like ESO. Coke is flawless and the top selling beverage in the world. *opens a can of Coke*

OK, OK, I exaggerated.... you only drank 19 of the colas and took 5 back image

I don't think I'd ever compare software to consumables. I just don't see that as a good analogy. If I were to ever return a pack of coke it'd be because the product has been tampered or tainted in terms of taste.

Why not? Crafted content is a consumable just as much as crafted meals or a movie.  Player generated content like PVP and Sandbox features are more a service than a consumable so it does depend on what part of the game you value the most.

I personally believe there is room in this world for both kinds of games and would be sad to see either form fall out of favor.

• cmorris975cmorris975 Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Cancelled.  This game bored the pants off me.  But I did find Project 1999 so I have something fun to play, even if it is 15 years old!  Wish we could get a modern version of early EQ but it seems the market may not be there for that.  These modern MMOs don't feel like worlds like the old ones do.
  • TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Still playing, but won't require a support group should I decide to stop at some point.
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

resubbed with a level 36, and a level 17.  I am one of those guys who loves the MMO journey, and is used to new games having bugs at launch.  It usually takes several months, if not years for a game to be completely bug free. 

I am also not a spoiled WoW kid, who is used to instant gratification, and having levels and gear handed to you.  I like the fact that I can take my time and enjoy the game at my own pace.  TBH it's not really that buggy and they are fixing things at a rapid pace so far.  I just want my damn house tho.  A lot of the people who unsubbed are the people who rushed to level 50 and beyond while the game was still free, no idea what they expected if they burned thru the content that fast.

Oh also somehow people still can not afford a whopping 50 cents a day to play...i bet if i went outside for a couple hours IRL i would find more than that on the sidewalk.  What I did to offset the HUGE cost, was buy a can of coffee, and made it myself instead of buying one at the gas station every day, problem solved.  Troll on people.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by cinos

Interesting to see the trend going here.

Initially I thought that we would see a larger proportion of players cancelling in the VR levels and more subbing whilst still in the 1-50 levels, but after 400 votes the VR levels (and 25-50 lvl range) look to be almost 50/50, very close, just a few percent between them. Whereas 1 - 24 appears to be the outlier and main range where people have decided to cancel.

Overall, and assuming most of these submissions are accurate, I'd say ESO is looking to perhaps be doing much better (with regards to retention) than I personally expected, at least as far as this site goes.

but it doesn't look that bright tho...

Granted, this site might be the largest, but probably not the best for using this kind of poll for any statistical calculations and/or future diagnosis.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by cmorris975
    Cancelled.  This game bored the pants off me.  But I did find Project 1999 so I have something fun to play, even if it is 15 years old!  Wish we could get a modern version of early EQ but it seems the market may not be there for that.  These modern MMOs don't feel like worlds like the old ones do.

ESO bores you, but EQ 1 doesn't?  Are you high?

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    LVL 33 Resubbed and still really enjoying the journey to lvl cap . I also got a chance to try Wildstar this past week and preordered. Next month should be intersting as i intend to play both games somewhat casually , Despite all the MMO hate on these forums from the try-hard trolls this is really a great time for MMO's. Between ESO Wildstar and Archage on the horizon we are seeing the "nxt lvl" of polish in this genre. Great time to be gaming......
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Katilla

resubbed with a level 36, and a level 17.  I am one of those guys who loves the MMO journey, and is used to new games having bugs at launch.  It usually takes several months, if not years for a game to be completely bug free. 

I am also not a spoiled WoW kid, who is used to instant gratification, and having levels and gear handed to you.  I like the fact that I can take my time and enjoy the game at my own pace.  TBH it's not really that buggy and they are fixing things at a rapid pace so far.  I just want my damn house tho.  A lot of the people who unsubbed are the people who rushed to level 50 and beyond while the game was still free, no idea what they expected if they burned thru the content that fast.

Oh also somehow people still can not afford a whopping 50 cents a day to play...i bet if i went outside for a couple hours IRL i would find more than that on the sidewalk.  What I did to offset the HUGE cost, was buy a can of coffee, and made it myself instead of buying one at the gas station every day, problem solved.  Troll on people.

Interesting because based on the poll results, many who quit, including myself, did so well before hitting 50. 

The rest of your post reads as a troll post since you generalize and attack others by painting them as cheapskates who expect everything handed to them or "spoiled WoW kids" as you call them. My biggest issue was that the multiplayer aspect seemed tacked on and not well done making it frustrating for me to level with my wife. If those weren't bugs causing us to phase in and out when entering and exiting instanced areas then this game has bigger problems than I initially thought. And lastly, it's generally not that people can't afford the price point per month, it is that many do not feel it is worth that sub price especially since there are better options out there for less. Troll on indeed.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by cinos

Interesting to see the trend going here.

Initially I thought that we would see a larger proportion of players cancelling in the VR levels and more subbing whilst still in the 1-50 levels, but after 400 votes the VR levels (and 25-50 lvl range) look to be almost 50/50, very close, just a few percent between them. Whereas 1 - 24 appears to be the outlier and main range where people have decided to cancel.

Overall, and assuming most of these submissions are accurate, I'd say ESO is looking to perhaps be doing much better (with regards to retention) than I personally expected, at least as far as this site goes.

but it doesn't look that bright tho...

Granted, this site might be the largest, but probably not the best for using this kind of poll for any statistical calculations and/or future diagnosis.

Not to mention this is just in the first month. Wait until that 2-3 month mark and see where it's at. It may not be the best sample pool for results, but it's interesting enough to see how the game is doing amongst this community alone.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Subbed for 6 months, along with a 6 month sub for my son. Never even considered cancelling; only question was 3 versus 6 month sub (haven't done a 6 month sub to any game other than my lifetime sub to LotRO years ago).

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

cancelled at 45

too much of a single player experience....i like group games not single player  games.

From what I read this is the last of problems this game face.

And from another of my posts ... know from second hand about group of 10 players where 8 cancelled before even expiration of free time. But they do not follow this forums as many also do not. :-) Many times people accept something has become past and do not bother again. Must be really big number of people voting to get something meaning.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Bought 6 months.  VR8.  Loving it!
  • BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

Resubbed ofc... Having a really good time with this game.

Mostly I like the combat, the weapon switch and skills. 

At the moment I enjoy my new vampire skills, its fun to suck the life out of poor souls and then bashing them with the shield. 

----

----

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Oh do I love those poll figures. Suffice to say, has to be healthy MMO when, at least according to the poll the number of players not subscribing to the game is that high.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    This is the third thread about cancellation, but apparently the OP has no agenda. That's because people do cancellation threads out of the goodness of their heart. Right.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JR4D

cancelled at 45

Good luck in finding that type of mmorpg in todays standards, welcome to the era of  console gaming and instant gratification. The days of getting a group to accomplish goals is over, no one has patience for that anymore.

ArcheAge.

I concur. 

While it plays very linear if you let it, you don't need to do so to progress.  On top of that it has all the sandbox features you would want and an amazingly fun crafting system.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!