Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Ex-Blizzard Producer Moving to Cloud Imerium Games

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Alex Mayberry, most recently the lead producer for Diablo 3, is headed to Cloud Imperium Games to take on the Executive Producer role on Star Citizen. Mayberry's other credentials include stints with Xatrix Entertainment, EA, and Kalisto as well as three years as director and executive producer on America's Army.

“After 10 years at Blizzard, I didn’t think that there was anything that could ever get me to leave,” said Mayberry.  “But then Chris invited me to come check out Star Citizen, and after seeing the game and listening to Chris talk about his vision, I knew that I had to be a part of it.  Star Citizen is bold and ambitious, with a unique and innovative approach to game development.  I am extremely excited to be joining the talented people at Cloud Imperium Games, and I strongly believe that together, with Chris Robert’s direction and the support of the player community, we will set a new standard for AAA games.”

Read more about Cloud Imperium Games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

"lead producer for Diablo 3"

*giggle*

SC is doomed.... :p

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    This is pretty interesting, actually. Blizzard has lost a few of their longer terms guys to smaller companies over the last little while here. Folks with experience are seemingly wanting to join smaller teams, most likely due to the more creative freedom the smaller environments may offer.
  • DirtyFeetDirtyFeet Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Not happy about this, Alex and his team is responsible for destroying the Diablo franchise
  • CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    D3 is hardly destroyed - star citizen will be just fine on pc and console
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    At least he dont have to worry that he wont get paid! ;)
  • LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by DirtyFeet
    Not happy about this, Alex and his team is responsible for destroying the Diablo franchise

Let me see, Diablo 3 + RoS, made a boatload of money and at the very least a few hundred thousand people still playing it. If that's a destroyed franchise, I'll take 2.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-sells-27-million-copies-in-one-week

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by Crusades

Wait... they are releasing SC on consoles?

PLEASE tell me that isn't true ;(

..Cake..

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

How long has Star Citizen been in production so far? I forgot how long

D3 is only still around because of new players flocking to it that didn't play in the first release and experience all the hacked accounts going on thanks to Blizzard's weak security on their systems. That and the piss poor overhaul game design verses the old game design of the Diablo series.

This is not a very good sign of the future for Star Citizen. Thank God I didn't contribute any funds to the development of this game.

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    PANDA's in SPACE!!!!!

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

Always love all the doom and gloom posts.  My guess is they picked him up for his experience in multiple platform games, possible first person exp?  Regardless, I don't read too much into this (for example, this one man made Diablo 3 bad, glad I didn't sub for Star Citizen).

Star Citizen just looks better and better.

Faulkner

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by sgel

If this comes out on PS4, I will buy it on day one!

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127
    According to the RSI website Star Citizen is still planned to be PC only.
  • AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

ok time to clear up the silliness:

As per Chris Roberts on  April 15, 2014 - As far as consoles go Star Citizen will never be on the PS3 or Xbox 360. As for the next gen consoles, PS4 and Xbox One, we have NO CURRENT PLANS, but my stance remains open and is consistent with the many interviews I’ve given -

So if Star Citizen hits consoles it would be only the PS4 and XBOXone.. however as of right now at this time there are no plans for it... The reality is that Star Citizen is a PC game only at this time.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Akumawraith
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

ok time to clear up the silliness:

As per Chris Roberts on  April 15, 2014 - As far as consoles go Star Citizen will never be on the PS3 or Xbox 360. As for the next gen consoles, PS4 and Xbox One, we have NO CURRENT PLANS, but my stance remains open and is consistent with the many interviews I’ve given -

So if Star Citizen hits consoles it would be only the PS4 and XBOXone.. however as of right now at this time there are no plans for it... The reality is that Star Citizen is a PC game only at this time.

I hope its at least considered down the line.

If/When its released I will pick it up to play on whatever platform is availible first- But man...Kicking back in a recliner and usig the HDTV big screen playing this game would be the way to go imho- At least for portions of the game (I would still want to PVP on a PC I would think).