Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is there to do at endgame?

BayenBayen Member UncommonPosts: 37

So lets say you have achieved the following in the game:

Got level 50

Crafted best gear

Got the best house

Got the best boat

Killed the Kraken

What other large achievements are there to collect? 

The game has been around almost 2 years in other parts of the world, are there any expansions, new land, new endgame bosses, level cap raise, anything like that?

If I did everything in my list above after say, 9 months or so, maybe less knowing me, what is left to do or look forward to?

Not complaining, just want to know as much as I can before I decide to buy a founder pack.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• ijksijks Member Posts: 4

End-game for Archeage is PvP, resource economy, and hunting down World bosses. That's all there is to it. If you are expecting a raiding experience like WoW, then this game isn't for you.

You won't be able to grab the best everything in 9 months, because of how Labor Points work. You can play 15 hours a day, but you will have capped out Labor points that only regen with time (some buffs with things like crafting a bed and sleeping in it, etc).

When you do reach a point where you have everything in the game, the only thing to do is control the economy and horde resource/money till a new patch where you will craft/build better things. GvG castle-seige. Arena. Pirating. Etc.

By then, it just depends on how fast XL games will push content and how fast Trion will translate it.

• BayenBayen Member UncommonPosts: 37
    thanks for the answers guys, much appreciated.
  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

The best achievement, im my opinion, is becoming famous, respected, apreciated or feared in the server. How to get it is up to you.

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

It is a sandbox. You are the content.

What I find quite amusing is that players tired of theme parks ask for sandbox based games. And then, when they finally got their sandbox, they ask for content based games, aka theme parks.

Truely a vicious circle! ;-)

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by coretex666

The "endgame" design is one thing I am not so happy about.

For me, it is a pity that Jake Song did not go with design closer to early L2 where it was a very long process to get to max level.

Anyway, sorry for off topic, I just felt like thread with the word "endgame" in its title is a good place to complain about this :)

I very much enjoyed Lineage 2, but by todays standards, the majority of players would complain shitstorms about the grind. And Lineage 2 was a grind par excellence!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by ijks

End-game for Archeage is PvP, resource economy, and hunting down World bosses. That's all there is to it. If you are expecting a raiding experience like WoW, then this game isn't for you.

You won't be able to grab the best everything in 9 months, because of how Labor Points work. You can play 15 hours a day, but you will have capped out Labor points that only regen with time (some buffs with things like crafting a bed and sleeping in it, etc).

When you do reach a point where you have everything in the game, the only thing to do is control the economy and horde resource/money till a new patch where you will craft/build better things. GvG castle-seige. Arena. Pirating. Etc.

By then, it just depends on how fast XL games will push content and how fast Trion will translate it.

That's it ?

Labour points have a daily hard cap, with no way around it ?

Not even via the Cash Shop ?

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by ijks

That's it ?

Labour points have a daily hard cap, with no way around it ?

Not even via the Cash Shop ?

There's in game items that can regen LP a bit, and it's not known what will be in the store yet but there might be an LP regen item. But a big balancing part of the game is the LP system so there isn't going to be a way to be unlimited in labor points.

• JeepEscapeJeepEscape Member UncommonPosts: 64

As was mentioned above, the players are he main content here.  There is no 'end game'.  You become part of the game community, get involved in various aspects of it which may or may not include social, crafting, gathering, pvp, etc.  Some people won't like this, others will. It was this aspect of Star Wars Galaxies, for example, that made it so loved by many people and hated by others.  

If you've never played a game like this, then I suggest giving it a shot. The questing is standard stuff, and not terrible exciting.  It's more used as a way for you to be introduced to the game's systems and as a way to make money for the beginning of your journey as you level up.  Don't go to ArcheAge looking for innovative quest content.  It's the other aspects of the game that are innovative compared to standard themeparks.

I spent the better part of a day, yesterday, just hopping mountain tops with my glider, in search of materials and hidden player farms.  My goal is to have an entire ocean fishing/farming/boating operation later on when my character can afford it.  A few of my guild mates have started side-businesses in game of transporting people across the ocean on their ships.  Use your imagination.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I expect be part of something bigger then my personal objectives.

I dont know the actual state of north continente, but one of the highest guild objective i have is there.

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by Bayen

Got level 50

Crafted best gear

Got the best house

Got the best boat

Killed the Kraken

What other large achievements are there to collect? 

what is left to do or look forward to?

Get a guild. build a castle, collect taxes, defend the castle, lay siege to other castles and take them over, get a huge guild party boat, go treasure hunting, get a top of the line car, get a mini sub, get your favorite glider and upgrade it, become a pirate and go after trade on the sea. Get a few of your favorite mounts and pets. Convert a world boss into a pet. Go on some epic fishing trips. Write your own songs and get good at playing them. Breed animals and become a cook. Become the best potion maker.........

basically you decide your endgame in this game, which is unique in the west in recent AAA game history. Endgame in many of the regular AAA titles has mainly been about daily quests, daily dungeons, weekly raid encounters etc. This game shakes that up a bit.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

To the OP: basically, you must follow this steps:

1- Think what do you want in the game, what you want to have, to be or experiment.

2- Check if it's possible in the game.

3- If yes, go for it.

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

There is also a 10 man raid, apparently.  Whether they add more content like this is a question, who knows.  

As many have said though, the sandbox elements give it a lot of longevity I imagine.  The whole running trade routes for profit and gain, allowing you to buy upgrades, gear, ships etc. is what you're aiming for.