Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel or resub, the big poll

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

cancelled at 45

too much of a single player experience....i like group games not single player  games.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Pemmin

cancelled at 45

too much of a single player experience....i like group games not single player  games.

Good luck in finding that type of mmorpg in todays standards, welcome to the era of  console gaming and instant gratification. The days of getting a group to accomplish goals is over, no one has patience for that anymore.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Cancel...
    One of the most buggy mmo's released in recent years....

Still no EU servers when we have insane lag spikes / ability delays / 30 second of freezes in pvp / strange fps drops out of the blue / mass crashes when grouping / passives bugged / skills bugged / weapon swap delays / etc etc etc etc and more etc....

Free to play in 6 months.

This week i saw EU campaings from 6 full to barely getting 1 full.
    People are leaving in droves already.

And they are right by doing so....
    Dont support Zenimax if they dont fix the gamebreaking bugs that where in beta for longer then 2 months, its 1 month after release and its still shait and not fixed.

/byebye Zenimax

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219

Cancelled with the intent of coming back in a year or so, if the game has been fixed.

Did the same thing with AoC.  Came back after they fixed [most] things and played 8 characters to level 70; quit at level 70 because crafting can't be advanced at that point without being in a major guild.  Without crafting, the only way to get good gear is raiding and PvP.  Without a guild, raiding doesn't happen and PvP as a mercenary (non-guildmember) is a joke.  I don't do guilds (won't tolerate the guild drama, guild politics, guild aristocrats, guild pontiffs, guild jerks, guild assholes, etc), so that's on me...

Did the same thing with SW-TOR.  Currently playing it and finding it bug-free, though still ridiculously linear game-play.  It's a time-killer, is all.

If AoC and SW-TOR could fix all their problems, I presume ESO can, too... eventually.  If they do, I'll happily pay a subscription, just like I did with AoC and am doing now with SW-TOR, but I won't pay a subscription for a buggy, poorly designed mess.  I'm not one of the lemmings.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JR4D

cancelled at 45

Good luck in finding that type of mmorpg in todays standards, welcome to the era of  console gaming and instant gratification. The days of getting a group to accomplish goals is over, no one has patience for that anymore.

ArcheAge.

nailed it :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115

For me it was simply too much hassle to try and co-ordinate playing with friends because of phasing and the lack of incentive to repeat dungeons at the time.

Will probably keep an eye on patch notes over the next few months to see if it changes but at this point (2 level 25 chars) I have no urge to log-in and that's enough for me to cancel for the time being.

Like everyone else says, it's too solo orientated and just feels like a less epic Skyrim with  a multi-player mod

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66

cancelled at 45

Well the thing is single players lovers don't mind playing solo. But there are tons of MMO's where group play is a must and players like to do it. In ESo group play is not there that much because of the design of the current system they using for group play and all know its just a BS system that is broken, so players are forced to do it solo instead to play together in ESO.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    I will be playing ESO until the Repopulation and their open world PvP server releases. If I do give another game a go it will likely just be temporary.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184

VR 3 with a canceled sub

I enjoy the game, and their version of NG+ for the VR leveling, but almost no one in my gaming circle picked up the game, and those that did are not subbing.  It delivers a pretty good single player experience, but makes it hard to group.  That is not a recipe for success with an MMO.

• DelusiveDelusive Member Posts: 151

I canceled, but mainly because my wife didn't enjoy the game. She was hoping for Skyrim coop/online. This wasn't close enough to that for her, so she went back to GW2 since it is B2P.

I liked the game, but cancelled sub because I was craving some FFXIV. I plan to go back in a month to 3 months time...unless ArcheAge comes out soon, then ESO will get pushed back further. I do not regret my purchase, but I regret purchasing it for my wife because she will probably never play it again.

Edit: We only made it to level 12 together, then I made a different character after she quit, which I also got to 12. I reached 10 and then only played in PVP. Levels are slower in PVP.

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

Oh looky its another stupid poll where the HATE ESO crowd gets another shot to spew dribble.  OP do the same thing for WILDSTAR when its out, you will see the same kind of hate from the same people who simply are too hard to please.

Subbed 3 months, Liking my time, if when I don't. Ill find something that will take its place, The crap about the bugs is patently false were there some? OF course, did most get fixed? OF course, will more bugs pop up OF course, will it be the end of the world? OF course not. Not one bug was ever game stopping and if you say it was you are a liar.

Seriously most of the haters here and elsewhere are the kind of people that will never be happy in any game because you set unrealistic goals on what a game should be for yourselves. In another words i think its more of an issue with certain people than any game. You can't fix that with a patch.

[mod edit]

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by OldMMOGamer

Oh looky its another stupid poll where the HATE ESO crowd gets another shot to spew dribble.  OP do the same thing for WILDSTAR when its out, you will see the same kind of hate from the same people who simply are too hard to please.

Subbed 3 months, Liking my time, if when I don't. Ill find something that will take its place, The crap about the bugs is patently false were there some? OF course, did most get fixed? OF course, will more bugs pop up OF course, will it be the end of the world? OF course not. Not one bug was ever game stopping and if you say it was you are a liar.

Seriously most of the haters here and elsewhere are the kind of people that will never be happy in any game because you set unrealistic goals on what a game should be for yourselves. In another words i think its more of an issue with certain people than any game. You can't fix that with a patch.

There I put my 2 cents into another phony poll, yes I know I click on the OP's discussion.

Yeah I am pretty sick of this mmorpg crowd, I don't know why they love to hang around forums of games they hate.

If you want a good forum with good people go to the reddit one :) lots of people just trying to have fun.

Hopefully the mmorpg community will be better once ESO is not in the spotlight as the newest game.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    There's already one of these dreary and predictable threads; I suggest merging them.  Yes, this really does come across as people wanting to make sure that every front page post is negative; no, there is nothing new that we're learning here; and no, we don't even know if the people responding have even ever played the game, so any poll results mean nothing.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

[mod edit]

Dear heaven forbid people complain about a tripple A mmo that costs 80 euros for a imperial edition and 13 euro a month to start playing and cant even group together...
    Or make a solid build that actualy works instead of half broken passives that needs you to relog upon death or zone in or out.
    The constand crashes in Cyrodiil when grouped
    or the massive lag and ability delay for EU players....

Oh dear lord we should all praise Zenimax for delivering this single player mmo loaded with gamebreaking bugs.....

Sorry buddy but if you brag about your going to have the the smoothest launch in history and have 6 downtimes in 1 week with gamebreaking dupes / crashes / lag / freezes you deserve to be held responsible.
    As Zenimax completely failed to deliver a proper mmo that it hyped itself for the last months.
    Epic trialers / epic intervieuws and ingame its nothing but lag lag lag freezes and crashes when doing pvp.

Playing with friends is imposible due to phasing, but hey !!!!!! its going to get fix there people !!! no worry's !!!! we just cant even fix half the crap now, but we sure can fix it all !!! just keep paying untill we did !!!

/bb zenimax see you when free to play kicks in.

Sorry i want to see shit fixed before we lay down more money.
    As of right now i can say that this is worse then SWTOR / Warhammer.....

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

I had a lvl 35 DK and cancelled before the sub kicked in. I also just felt I was playing to much of a single player game to justify paying the sub. 

No signature, I don't have a pen

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by OldMMOGamer    unrealistic goals

Óò

only thing that is unrealistic is these businessmans acting like they were devs.

1997 we had pentium II and direct x5.0 ,windows 98 and Ultima Online

now we have Hal 9000+ technology compared to 1997 and games which are 0.1% of UO.

if something is unrealistic ,its actually a question : What happened to MMORPG´s and why.

+and yes cancelled pretty fast,cant pinpoint the main reason because i need a pin machine gun for that.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by DMKano

cancelled at 45

ArcheAge.

That and Repop could be the alternative sandbox mmorpg that I understand, but as for now, all we have our themepark mmo's with the solo player in mind.

It's amazing how many years it took to even give the player base another chance to get into something new with almost the same mechanics as AC and SWG with newer standard graphics of today.

I don't know what to think about with Archeage, to me it looks like another korean graphic game and maybe I can put aside the graphics side for good ole fashion game sandbox mechanics and gameplay.

As for ESO, I am sticking with it until something better comes out and Wildstar doesn't look like it will hook me, at least from what I have played in their beta. Someone says, lvl 20 is key to get in that game, but isn't that said in most new mmo's anyways?

Anyways as we can see there is no other mmo's to choose now, so players will just go back to their favorite single player theme park mmo that they already invested time in.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    It's like some people get offended when others stop playing the game they play, and down right mad when you point out that they stopped.  
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Oh looky its another stupid poll where the HATE ESO crowd gets another shot to spew dribble.  OP do the same thing for WILDSTAR when its out, you will see the same kind of hate from the same people who simply are too hard to please.Subbed 3 months, Liking my time, if when I don't. Ill find something that will take its place, The crap about the bugs is patently false were there some? OF course, did most get fixed? OF course, will more bugs pop up OF course, will it be the end of the world? OF course not. Not one bug was ever game stopping and if you say it was you are a liar.Seriously most of the haters here and elsewhere are the kind of people that will never be happy in any game because you set unrealistic goals on what a game should be for yourselves. In another words i think its more of an issue with certain people than any game. You can't fix that with a patch.There I put my 2 cents into another phony poll, yes I know I click on the OP's discussion.

Get over yourself. When you spew biased blanket statements nobody will take you for anything other than a troll. You're not a troll are you?

I canceled my sub, I don't hate ESO, I only have a finite amount of hours, and I don't feel it was worth my time, period.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276

I canceled at about level 44...just was nothing to look forward to...The game is a complete solofest as any grouping is really bad given the bad design decisions the developers made to marginalize grouping.

Wildstar seems to be the only grouping game out there and even it is only for dungeons and end game raiding as you can still solo to 50. 

Archeage, I played a bit but saw no reason to group...unless people are talking about grouping up in the PvP zones but that is really more zerging than grouping as you are only running in a pack to make yourself a less desirable target to gank...that's not grouping IMHO.

• Vortex5ooVortex5oo Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Grixxitt
    I will be playing ESO until the Repopulation and their open world PvP server releases. If I do give another game a go it will likely just be temporary.

I cancelled ESO sub at lvl 30 and will keep an eye on it(patch notes and forum). My next mmo will be The Repopulation(PvP open sevrer,skillbased, player citys, swg style crafting and so on). It will be my last shot at the mmo genre, if it doesnt deliver I will quit buying and playing mmos. Sad but true, I had big hope for the future of mmorpg´s back in the UO days it felt like it was no limits to what could be done with the genre, but now 20+ mmos later it feels like the whole genre fell down a  black pit and now there is almost nothing left of all that I loved with mmos in the beginning.

EDIT: Oh and the reason why I quit was it was not a game for me, a bit too much singleplayer feeling(phasing and no nametags/guildtags). But there was much great things too, graphic and gameplay(fighting mechanics).

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    It's like some people get offended when others stop playing the game they play, and down right mad when you point out that they stopped.  

Or, alternatively, a forum that might otherwise be for discussion of the game gets spammed by multiple threads, involving the same people, on the same topics over and over and over.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

About 32 % said they would resub which is the norm for all the subscriber type games. In fact it is 30 % and below usually and this seems above the norm by a little. So all things said ESO is doing as well as the usual sub games.

We just do not know what number they started with though; the number of people who bought the game. Since Zenimax seems reluctant to announce the number and I say reluctant because they bragged they had 5 million beta testers if a lot of people bought the game they would have already said so.

Chamber of Chains
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I cancelled after getting my second character somewhere in the teens.  I bought it to play with my friend (I was originally just waiting for archeage and wildstar) but between me not being able to finish quests because of bugs and him not being able to finish we couldn't even play together.  So I canceled and didn't look back
  • Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    I don't see how grouping is an issue, I'm VR1 now and did almost all the quest zones up to this point with 1 or 2 friends. Likely 75% of the pve time I was in a group. 100% of the time in pvp I was in a group. I enjoy the small pve group experience