Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On the fence? I advise you to wait until this topic is resolved.

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Love the game so far, but a certain issue popped up on the forum today. Many players sharing my opinion, you get credits when you buy into alpha/beta. You would expect to be able to use this on everything real money related to the game. So far that is not their plan.

I come here to spread the  word, in hope they will see this being an issue. 

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/

In the link above you clearly see, XX dollars/euros "value" in credits. A question was asked on the forum if you are able to buy Patron status(Sub required to build houses/farms + extra labor point regeneration.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortrek View Post

Anyone knows if will I be able to purchase Patron with the credits given on the pack?

Community manager Scapes: Not currently, no.

Me and other customers assumed since they state in their FAQ that the cash shop will be similar to RIFT that you would be able to buy sub with these as well. Why wouldn't you? 

As of writing this, there has not been any replies to the concerns that the people who have paid for Credits, be it Alpha or beta have brought up. 

Just want to inform you that you cannot expect to pay you'r sub with the credits you will receive for buying any of the packages. So you are better of buying the cheaper packages unless you want to play in the alpha. 

I make this thread to inform potential customers to know what they can expect.

It's saturday and we probably won't have a official response to this until next week. It may be an miss understanding, but advertising XX dollar value and then later say it can not be used to pay you'r subscription is a really bad way to treat you'r customers in my opinion. 

This might be an miss understanding or they might have planned this and change it depending on feedback. 

TL;DR: You might not be able to pay you'r sub fee with the credits you get from the Alpha and beta packs, although they advertise their cash shop as similar to RIFT where you could do this.

Comments

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

1. You get 90 days of patron status for buying the $150 Alpha pack.

2. Being able to purchase "subscription" time using the game's cash-bought currency is not a common feature for F2P games.  Yes, a few have done it, but if it doesn't fit in their design decision for the economy, they won't do it.  I suggest you ask for it on their official forums in a polite way and hope enough people back you up.

• WraithstarWraithstar Member UncommonPosts: 70

Different games do different cash shops, just the way it is. i dont see the issue here, I bought the alpha and i`m not worried about paying for patron. ive got 90 days on release and if your able to buy the packs you are probably able to afford the monthly afterwords.

as for people whining about what perks people get for being subscribed. I don`t know what you expect. you want to play completely free and not support the game and expect that subs shouldn`t have some sort of advantage.

You CAN play completely free. if your have friends that have sub. they can help you with pretty much everything. and you can use everything they have aslong as you are in their family. It`s free to play, but don`t expect to have it as easy as subs will, just the way it is and always will be. if you can`t afford subs than you shouldn`t really be playing mmos to begin with.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by syntax42

2. Being able to purchase "subscription" time using the game's cash-bought currency is not a common feature for F2P games.  Yes, a few have done it, but if it doesn't fit in their design decision for the economy, they won't do it.  I suggest you ask for it on their official forums in a polite way and hope enough people back you up.

They had that system in RIFT and saying AA would have a similar  cash shop.

This topic has two threads on the forum with 10+ pages.

I just wanted to share and inform about it here.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Well, then something is wrong here, they say somewhere in a stream that was possible players buy patron status in-game, i thought was because CS players could sell them in AH. (wich i dont like it but can live with)

So, how F2P players can buy patron status with in-game gold if CS players cant buy it in shop?

im missing something?

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Well then, my fears of more money grabs are coming true. I really want to play this game, but just won't with all this shit going on.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by bound4hades
    Well then, my fears of more money grabs are coming true. I really want to play this game, but just won't with all this shit going on.

LMAO typical over reaction from people who dont pay attention but just read something then let all the misinformation sink into their heads.

But whats the big deal? So you cant buy  sub tie with credits you get in the founders pack. You get 90 days anyway. If you want more sub time just pay cash for it. I am sure it will be cheaper than what they would charge in credits for it anyway.

Now if people are taking this as them sayign there wont be any options to buy sub time with in game cash then OK. but even then there are only a couple games that allow that. Yeah Rift is one of them and the connection is obvious but Trion isnt the developer theyre only the publisher of AA. So not sure exactly what kind of power they have in that decision.

Bottomline is AA is actually a SUBSCRIPTION game but theyre allowing free access to the servers. Theyre not making you pay anything up front to see th egame like a 'true' sub game does. They let you play it for free and THEN decide if you want to pay for it.

But in regards to the alpha, it will be a 24/7 thing until release. Cheaper packages just get you access to those quick hit events (Like ESO) so you wont be getting in long term access. But it is still a test server and that is what it will become when the game goes live. But if you want to play from now until release (all sorts of speculation on that but probably not til at least August if not later). Not t mention it still might actually be Buy to play. I dont think they have ever said it would be 100% free, people just assumed it would be I think. So there is that as well.

But at this point with only the one server it is packed and the available land (A big part of the game) is very scarce. So people coming in now looking for places to put farms and houses are having difficulties. Not sure if they are going to try and fix that or not.

In the end it is free to access, so where people get the idea of there being some sort of cash grab is a joke right? All the money listed in the prices of the packages can be accounted for. Either by direct and tangible things like cash storo credits and game time, or other future cash store items that also have some 'value' if you ever planned on buying any with real money.

In the end for less than twice the money people spent on ESO (many I imagine are not playing now ) you get access to the game forever, and you also get credits that you can spend along with 90 days subscription.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

This is one of the few times the " TO THE FORUMS" post actually seem valid. It's probably something people would actually consider and should be made clear.

It is still alpha and I'm sure they'll work it out in the end but info worth knowing for now.

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by rodarin

LMAO typical over reaction from people who dont pay attention but just read something then let all the misinformation sink into their heads.

But whats the big deal? So you cant buy  sub tie with credits you get in the founders pack. You get 90 days anyway. If you want more sub time just pay cash for it. I am sure it will be cheaper than what they would charge in credits for it anyway.

Now if people are taking this as them sayign there wont be any options to buy sub time with in game cash then OK. but even then there are only a couple games that allow that. Yeah Rift is one of them and the connection is obvious but Trion isnt the developer theyre only the publisher of AA. So not sure exactly what kind of power they have in that decision.

Bottomline is AA is actually a SUBSCRIPTION game but theyre allowing free access to the servers. Theyre not making you pay anything up front to see th egame like a 'true' sub game does. They let you play it for free and THEN decide if you want to pay for it.

But in regards to the alpha, it will be a 24/7 thing until release. Cheaper packages just get you access to those quick hit events (Like ESO) so you wont be getting in long term access. But it is still a test server and that is what it will become when the game goes live. But if you want to play from now until release (all sorts of speculation on that but probably not til at least August if not later). Not t mention it still might actually be Buy to play. I dont think they have ever said it would be 100% free, people just assumed it would be I think. So there is that as well.

But at this point with only the one server it is packed and the available land (A big part of the game) is very scarce. So people coming in now looking for places to put farms and houses are having difficulties. Not sure if they are going to try and fix that or not.

In the end it is free to access, so where people get the idea of there being some sort of cash grab is a joke right? All the money listed in the prices of the packages can be accounted for. Either by direct and tangible things like cash storo credits and game time, or other future cash store items that also have some 'value' if you ever planned on buying any with real money.

In the end for less than twice the money people spent on ESO (many I imagine are not playing now ) you get access to the game forever, and you also get credits that you can spend along with 90 days subscription.

Sigh..... Over reaction it's not. This whole mess starting with the alpha access is a money grab and when that ball starts rolling who know where it stops. You feel it's ok, then by all means, open your wallet and start paying, I just have no intention to. I have been following this game for years and I am sad that Trion has chosen this route and just expressing my feeling that this is only going to get worse.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by andre369

Taken from the FAQ:

Is there going to be a Patron Program (VIP Subscriptions) like RIFT?
    We have gotten great feedback from our RIFT players on the inclusion of the Patron Program. It’s important to us that, as much as possible, Patron benefits add to your fun but are not required to play the game. We are adopting the essence of RIFT’s “No Tricks, No Traps” approach, while balancing the unique concerns of an open-world sandbox game! For players who want to get a little extra out of the game, or who wish to support Trion Worlds, the Patron Program will be available. For those who wish to gain VIP benefits while remaining free, we are also hoping to support earning Patron status via in-game methods similar to how REX works in RIFT. We’ll be announcing the details in the weeks to come!

Highlighted the relevant part for you.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

Love the game so far, but a certain issue popped up on the forum today. Many players sharing my opinion, you get credits when you buy into alpha/beta. You would expect to be able to use this on everything real money related to the game. So far that is not their plan.

I come here to spread the  word, in hope they will see this being an issue. 

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/

In the link above you clearly see, XX dollars/euros "value" in credits. A question was asked on the forum if you are able to buy Patron status(Sub required to build houses/farms + extra labor point regeneration.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortrek View Post

Anyone knows if will I be able to purchase Patron with the credits given on the pack?

Community manager Scapes: Not currently, no.

Me and other customers assumed since they state in their FAQ that the cash shop will be similar to RIFT that you would be able to buy sub with these as well. Why wouldn't you? 

As of writing this, there has not been any replies to the concerns that the people who have paid for Credits, be it Alpha or beta have brought up. 

Just want to inform you that you cannot expect to pay you'r sub with the credits you will receive for buying any of the packages. So you are better of buying the cheaper packages unless you want to play in the alpha. 

I make this thread to inform potential customers to know what they can expect.

It's saturday and we probably won't have a official response to this until next week. It may be an miss understanding, but advertising XX dollar value and then later say it can not be used to pay you'r subscription is a really bad way to treat you'r customers in my opinion. 

This might be an miss understanding or they might have planned this and change it depending on feedback. 

TL;DR: You might not be able to pay you'r sub fee with the credits you get from the Alpha and beta packs, although they advertise their cash shop as similar to RIFT where you could do this.

Relax friend, i am pretty much sure there will be such item in cash shop that will give you patron status like in Rift. I am sure when the game is live with cash shop you will have such item in there. why i believe that? because the game will obviously die out without such option. The f2p model of this game is more gimped than SWToR, it will not survive until they give f2p players a very realistic illusion that they can compete with patron without spending real money and just by playing game. I am quite sure Trion will add an item like that when the game is live.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Wow..knee jerk overreaction. It is not that big of a deal, it will get sorted and if not it still isn't that big a deal. Relax there is no 'shit' going on with Archeage. Lol calm down.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

Not a game breaker for me. It means that if i planned to buy subscription with the credits and add more to buy cash shop items; now i have 75$ to spend. It's a lot of money for just cash shop items, so i will probably not add a single penny to that for years to come.

Scapes said "Not, currently no". Currently there is not even a cash shop, so let's voice our opinions about having the possibility to buy patron via credits.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Thanks for sharing I was wondering about it as well and it seems a bit stupid to not allow that since they're having "Daru chests" - something that is present in the RIFT shop and you can get gear out of that. I just hope they don't screw it up and give end level armor and weapons with this chests because that would be a deal breaker for me instantly.

Tho I'm wondering what's the deal with stones as well or is there any word on how much will patron status cost?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Patron + Cash Shop......... This scares me !

I don't do cash Shops, I will never give a dime to a Cash Shop. This arguing about what you get vs. what you don't get is typical of Cash Shop games.  Another thing rules can change at any given time when their is a Cash Shop involved.  This may be a game breaker for me.

I hate Cash Shops, period !

Does anyone ever think about this ?.....That guy your playing with my be gimped because he doesn't have what you have ?

Now can I please ask a question ?.....I'm planning on waiting for release, I just don't have time yet anyway. If I pay for Patron every month, do I get everything, and no need for cash shop.  Or Will I have to play around with a Cash Shop and points earned crap like F2P mmos ?

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394

It is in the Russian version of AA: "Within the item shop you can exchange crystals for 1, 30 or 90 days of VIP-Time. Crystals can be bought via real money from Mail.ru."

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

This was actually obvious since day one... that's why they also give separate 90 days of patron with the $150 pack in addition to the shop currency.

Most if not all other F2P games with subcription options don't allow you to pay the subscription with cash shop currency either.

The value of the $150 pack is actually $75 worth of cash shop currency and $45 of 3 months of patron status, making the pack really cost just $30.

If you add the 6 Daru Chsts, 10 Evenstones and 10 Hereafter Stones you actually save money. It's a real deal this one.

• parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220

unfortunately this new business of selling alpha and beta access is kind of going well for trion which is very alarming. at least wild star will reward you for playing beta, it is completely free and it will reward you for getting into beta and test their game.

again unfortunately companies like trion selling alpah and beta of the game that has been released more than year ago, if goes well for them, it is gonna poison the game industry and we will see more of such things in future. 

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Kangaroomouse

It is in the Russian version of AA: "Within the item shop you can exchange crystals for 1, 30 or 90 days of VIP-Time. Crystals can be bought via real money from Mail.ru."

This was actually obvious since day one... that's why they also give separate 90 days of patron with the $150 pack in addition to the shop currency.

Most if not all other F2P games with subcription options don't allow you to pay the subscription with cash shop currency either.

The value of the $150 pack is actually $75 worth of cash shop currency and $45 of 3 months of patron status, making the pack really cost just $30.

If you add the 6 Daru Chsts, 10 Evenstones and 10 Hereafter Stones you actually save money. It's a real deal this one.

6 Daru Chests=rng lock boxes; 10 everstones=50 silver (3-4 quests) 10 Hereafter Stones=more or less 10g. If you plan on buying alpha for that crap i wouldn't suggest it :P

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

'Similar' isn't 'the same', so stop speaking like it is.

Secondly, I never expected to pay for my ongoing sub with this cash shop money, so the whole thing isn't an issue for me tbh.

I am happy to use it for whatever cosmetic items I see that I fancy as I go along.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Even in SWTOR the Cartell coins cannot be used to pay the sub. I pay two subs on  SWTOR and we get the coins monthly as part of the sub not the other way round.
    Chamber of Chains
  • VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Thanks OP. I'm a bit surprised they aren't doing what they did with RIFT. Even a sub-game WildStar allows you to use in-game currency to pay for sub.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

I can see selling game time for in game currency.  Allowing me to buy game time and then sell it in game to other players, ala EVE on lines plex.  

It doesn't make sense to go into the cash shop, buy credit, and then use that credit to by myself game time.  Why wouldn't I just buy the game time and skip purchasing credit altogether?  

Plus, as others have pointed out, each of the packages comes with patron staus. I don't see any reason for them to have to let you buy more time with the credit they give you.  

I don't see the problem here.   

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Prhyme
    Thanks OP. I'm a bit surprised they aren't doing what they did with RIFT. Even a sub-game WildStar allows you to use in-game currency to pay for sub.

He's not talking about in game currency, he's talking about the cash shop currency.  Specifically what you get in the founders packs, he wants to use to purchase addition patron status on top of what the founders packs already give.  

If he was complaining about not being able to buy game time with in game currency, as rift does, I'd agree with him.  

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Not really an issue.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Sigh..... Over reaction it's not. This whole mess starting with the alpha access is a money grab and when that ball starts rolling who know where it stops. You feel it's ok, then by all means, open your wallet and start paying, I just have no intention to. I have been following this game for years and I am sad that Trion has chosen this route and just expressing my feeling that this is only going to get worse.

Its a free to play game (maybe buy to play) they have to make money somehow. Isnt that the excuses all the ESO fanboys sed when Zenimax did the same thing with a game you MUST pay a sub IN REAL LIFE CASH to access the servers? Arhcheage is a better game on all fronts than ESO, so since people love to make comparisons that is one of them.

They are going to sell credits as well as sub time. Just because you cannot buy sub time with credits isnt a crime.

For one if they dont sell game time (at first) for in game gold then that will severely diminish the demand for gold sellers with there dozens of alts farming the highest vendored items in the game and gushing cash into the system to turn around and sell to people who dont understand the game or are too lazy to make money themselves.

I paid the 150. I am getting 3 months game time (39.98 if a sub for 90 days is the same here as in RIFT) I also got 11250 credits. If they have a reduced price I cant remember. But that seems pretty accurate. Rift doesnt have that exact break down but if you bought 3 separate packages that added up t0 75 bux it would be 12500 credits. But again we dont know the break down of the 'value' of credits in AA yet. So to compare them in a mirrored vacuum is wrong.

But even with the known reduction i still have 115 bux in cash 'value'. So that leaves me 35 to account for. The stones, the pet juice, and the chests probably take care of all that in real life cash t credit exchange. Then I still get a cloak, a title, a crest, a glider, 4 days head start and some cosmetic gear.

So where exactly is the cash grab? The game is a QUALITY product, not some broken down piece of trash like ESO is filled with bugs and performance issues. Sure its been around awhile but it still has been changed and those changes havent caused any major problems. Cash grabs are reserved for garbage games looking to get as much money to of people they can before said playerbase realizes the game is garbage. There are thousands and thousands of people playing AA right now. I suppose theyre all dumb? I have seen maybe 3 or 4 negative trolls complaining about the game and mostly because theyre probably playing on 5 year old systems or systems that cant handle it and hey have problems.

There certainly arent the posts that ESO or SWOTOR have had about how shit their game is.

Like I said everyone can have an opinion but in this case most people are wrong. You are in fact getting items worth real cash plus all the other stuff. If a person doesnt get it now and waits til release and buys all the stuff offered right, it will definitely add up to more than 150 bucks. Of course some of it is available in game and he might save some money here or there, but if he buys credits and buys a sub he is looking at at least 115 bucks. He will then get 90 days of sub perks, ad who knows how long those credits will last could last for years if he is frugal. But the 90 days of patron status is going to be a huge boost to his in game cash flow as well as his ability to save real life money buying credits at all. 

It is most definitely a subscription game, if you want to maximize it. Theyre just giving people an option to play it for free before they spend anything up front. Barring these packages of course, which I have already shown more than pay for themselves.

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by An4thor
    Originally posted by Kangaroomouse 

6 Daru Chests=rng lock boxes; 10 everstones=50 silver (3-4 quests) 10 Hereafter Stones=more or less 10g. If you plan on buying alpha for that crap i wouldn't suggest it :P

I was being sarcastic (i know, hard to detect on a forum). No game is worth $150 to Alpha test. No matter how much digital crap they throw into the deal.