Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE PATCH THAT DIDN'T ACTUALLY PATCH (1.804)

Sup guys, so I've played this game since late 2009.  I've loved it every bit of the way even through all the exploits, bugs, gm corruption, well the list goes on... Anyways, for the past 8-12 months about 90% of the playerbase has been complaining about something that completely removes the skill ceiling from the game.  Mounted Combat, sounds cool right?  Well, it's literally the easiest completely non skill based thing that's been added to the game in almost 5 years. 

So what happens when 90% of the player base complains everyday about how broken/overpowered mounts, and mounted combat are?  Well... Nothing, see in mortal online, you don't actually matter and the things that aren't working, simply, don't get fixed or are never looked at.  For almost 12 months mounts (lykiators, lizards that can ride up mountains steeper than humans) and mounted combat in general have been broken by the pure fact they can hit the strongest armors for over 50% of a skilled players HP.  Oh, you're a mage? Well enjoy 90% HP hits.  The skill required to actually land a mounted combat is literally nothing, you point and spam W as fast as you can to get a high momentum damage bonus.  From a dead stop a player can do hundreds of damage to any player in any armor, mounts have upwards of 2 - 3 x's a player's HP and it's near impossible to dismount a  riding player, therefore, making the player that's riding a mount, NEAR INVINCIBLE.  So this has been going on for 6 months, and the only way to enjoy the game is to... well, make a MOUNTED COMBAT CHARACTER. 

So, for almost 3 months now the developers, programmers and even CEO of the game have promised a revamp/rebalance to mounts and mounted combat.  On paper, they had some cool changes that might have effected Mounts and Mounted Combat into being more in line to a proper damage base. Also they were supposed to make lizard mounts not be able to climb super steep mountains that even players couldn't traverse.  Unfortunately for the MO community (as garbage as everyone in it is) this is NOT THE CASE. 

The patch was dropped yesterday, and after almost 40+ hours of server downtime we are presented with the same bug riddled piece of shit game we all love to play.  Within just a few minutes of getting our small group together, we go out to fight and end up engaging a small group of terrible players.  Doesn't really matter though, because they have lizards that can climb ridiculously steep mountains, and hit players in the best armors for over 60% of their HP in ONE HIT. ONE EASILY AIMED, NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO MISS COMPLETELY UNSKILLED HIT!!!  Normally, I wouldn't even be here posting on these forums, especially not about this game.  I truly feel like STARVAULT bit the bullet on this one, they think they are ready for a steam release, but unfortunately even with the low amount of players it will bring, it is BY FAR NOT READY FOR A STEAM RELEASE, discounting ALL BUGS. The game is COMPLETELY IMBALANCED, AND THEY REFUSE TO FIX IT!!  So, after all this time... They've had over 6 months now to simply, properly, fix momentum based damage on mounts and mounted combat, and it's very clear to me that they obviously have NO IDEA how to fix it or they just don't care.

There are more than a few ways to fix this, such as, dismounting players with any weapon (at the moment it must be 25+ damage worth of blunt strictly with a pure hit , no handle hit), dismounting players by hitting their MOUNT, the introduction of bolas, properly fixing spear stance ( that still doesn't work after 5 years lol), MANY MORE WAYS TO BALANCE OUT MOUNTED COMBAT... but, NO!!! Instead, players get to ride around on a mount with 2-3x more hp than the highest HP character with almost 0 fear of being dismounted, therefore, riding through groups of people doing 60-90% hp damage to ANYONE IN THE GAME. 

All in all, I hate writing shit, especially on forums... but, goddamn, after waiting for this patch for over 3 months now I really didn't care what the fuck they did with the game as long as they balanced out Mounted Combat... but, fuck no. They couldn't or wouldn't bother with that, so fuck it.  I've been blind faith paying for subs for almost 5 years on multiple accounts but tonight, I unsubbed 6 accounts and several more as well because my friends are done with this shit as well.  People can flame this post, hate on it, we all know the game is garbage but why the fuck couldn't we at least make it a little bit enjoyable.  I'm sick and tired of the lies and lying from the CEO, and programmers constantly blaming their mistakes and terrible programming on things that are out of their control.  This game has been fucked for a long time but for me, a player since 2009 beta, and over 200 vet points.  I'm fucking through with it.  Uninstalled, going to slam shots of gin until I pass out. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK! 

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by MortalOnlineVet

Sup guys, so I've played this game since late 2009.  I've loved it every bit of the way even through all the exploits, bugs, gm corruption, well the list goes on... Anyways, for the past 8-12 months about 90% of the playerbase has been complaining about something that completely removes the skill ceiling from the game.  Mounted Combat, sounds cool right?  Well, it's literally the easiest completely non skill based thing that's been added to the game in almost 5 years. 

So what happens when 90% of the player base complains everyday about how broken/overpowered mounts, and mounted combat are?  Well... Nothing, see in mortal online, you don't actually matter and the things that aren't working, simply, don't get fixed or are never looked at.  For almost 12 months mounts (lykiators, lizards that can ride up mountains steeper than humans) and mounted combat in general have been broken by the pure fact they can hit the strongest armors for over 50% of a skilled players HP.  Oh, you're a mage? Well enjoy 90% HP hits.  The skill required to actually land a mounted combat is literally nothing, you point and spam W as fast as you can to get a high momentum damage bonus.  From a dead stop a player can do hundreds of damage to any player in any armor, mounts have upwards of 2 - 3 x's a player's HP and it's near impossible to dismount a  riding player, therefore, making the player that's riding a mount, NEAR INVINCIBLE.  So this has been going on for 6 months, and the only way to enjoy the game is to... well, make a MOUNTED COMBAT CHARACTER. 

So, for almost 3 months now the developers, programmers and even CEO of the game have promised a revamp/rebalance to mounts and mounted combat.  On paper, they had some cool changes that might have effected Mounts and Mounted Combat into being more in line to a proper damage base. Also they were supposed to make lizard mounts not be able to climb super steep mountains that even players couldn't traverse.  Unfortunately for the MO community (as garbage as everyone in it is) this is NOT THE CASE. 

The patch was dropped yesterday, and after almost 40+ hours of server downtime we are presented with the same bug riddled piece of shit game we all love to play.  Within just a few minutes of getting our small group together, we go out to fight and end up engaging a small group of terrible players.  Doesn't really matter though, because they have lizards that can climb ridiculously steep mountains, and hit players in the best armors for over 60% of their HP in ONE HIT. ONE EASILY AIMED, NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO MISS COMPLETELY UNSKILLED HIT!!!  Normally, I wouldn't even be here posting on these forums, especially not about this game.  I truly feel like STARVAULT bit the bullet on this one, they think they are ready for a steam release, but unfortunately even with the low amount of players it will bring, it is BY FAR NOT READY FOR A STEAM RELEASE, discounting ALL BUGS. The game is COMPLETELY IMBALANCED, AND THEY REFUSE TO FIX IT!!  So, after all this time... They've had over 6 months now to simply, properly, fix momentum based damage on mounts and mounted combat, and it's very clear to me that they obviously have NO IDEA how to fix it or they just don't care.

There are more than a few ways to fix this, such as, dismounting players with any weapon (at the moment it must be 25+ damage worth of blunt strictly with a pure hit , no handle hit), dismounting players by hitting their MOUNT, the introduction of bolas, properly fixing spear stance ( that still doesn't work after 5 years lol), MANY MORE WAYS TO BALANCE OUT MOUNTED COMBAT... but, NO!!! Instead, players get to ride around on a mount with 2-3x more hp than the highest HP character with almost 0 fear of being dismounted, therefore, riding through groups of people doing 60-90% hp damage to ANYONE IN THE GAME. 

All in all, I hate writing shit, especially on forums... but, goddamn, after waiting for this patch for over 3 months now I really didn't care what the fuck they did with the game as long as they balanced out Mounted Combat... but, fuck no. They couldn't or wouldn't bother with that, so fuck it.  I've been blind faith paying for subs for almost 5 years on multiple accounts but tonight, I unsubbed 6 accounts and several more as well because my friends are done with this shit as well.  People can flame this post, hate on it, we all know the game is garbage but why the fuck couldn't we at least make it a little bit enjoyable.  I'm sick and tired of the lies and lying from the CEO, and programmers constantly blaming their mistakes and terrible programming on things that are out of their control.  This game has been fucked for a long time but for me, a player since 2009 beta, and over 200 vet points.  I'm fucking through with it.  Uninstalled, going to slam shots of gin until I pass out. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK! 

this isnt really news, i dont think anyone expected anything other than a complete broken mess and you should know better than to have faith in sv come patch day.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• oldmostaffoldmostaff Member CommonPosts: 18

I always used a metaphor for Mortal Online that I think describes things well.

Basically Henrik is busy trying to build a new dream ship, he's able to hype up features, tell about the new mast, the new sails, the shinny new everything on it. While we all sit on the old, sinking ship made out of rotten wood. He tries to put a huge piece of a new shinny ship on the old shitty ship, and of course it doesn't work. Its not logical, it doesn't work, he puts too big of a piece and sinks the ship, etc etc. Then seb/paratus try to plug holes in the ship that got it sunk, while henrik is dreaming up new features to add on paper to the 'new' ship. 

That's Mortal Online, a little longer than I hoped, but basically sums up my view. Complain  if you must that there is a huge hole in the bottom, but if a new gold steering wheel sounds awesome, and will attract players, then thats what MO will get instead. Fuck the haul, fundamentals, and other basics of the game. Shinny, awesome concepts that fan boys can brag about are what matter.  

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Originally posted by oldmostaff

I always used a metaphor for Mortal Online that I think describes things well.

Basically Henrik is busy trying to build a new dream ship, he's able to hype up features, tell about the new mast, the new sails, the shinny new everything on it. While we all sit on the old, sinking ship made out of rotten wood. He tries to put a huge piece of a new shinny ship on the old shitty ship, and of course it doesn't work. Its not logical, it doesn't work, he puts too big of a piece and sinks the ship, etc etc. Then seb/paratus try to plug holes in the ship that got it sunk, while henrik is dreaming up new features to add on paper to the 'new' ship. 

That's Mortal Online, a little longer than I hoped, but basically sums up my view. Complain  if you must that there is a huge hole in the bottom, but if a new gold steering wheel sounds awesome, and will attract players, then thats what MO will get instead. Fuck the haul, fundamentals, and other basics of the game. Shinny, awesome concepts that fan boys can brag about are what matter.  

But it has ALWAYS been that way.  If they hadn't deleted the old forums you could see that the SAME promises being made today are ones made years ago: 

NEW TERRITORY CONTROL SYSTEM !!!

NEW MAGIC SYSTEM !!!!

NEW AI !!!!!!

It's been so long that it blurs now but I think this game RELEASED 4 years ago.  Anyone that thinks this is going to grow and deliver on it's "potential" after all this time is sadly mistaken.  People were saying the same thing 4 years ago, then 3, then 2... then last year.  I think there are so many undelivered promises that they just follow the SyFy channel method for naming their movies.

Sy-fy seems to have 2 pools of names and they just randomly pull 1 from each for the title of a new movie.  Thus "Sharknado" (shark - tornado), sharktopus (shark-octopus) or "Manquito" (man-mosquito).  With SV they seem to just pull old promises at random, slap them together in some unstructured 4-5 line "development plan" and some people lap it up like a kitten to milk.

After 4 years, the commonly used definition of insanity certainly applies here...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• oldmostaffoldmostaff Member CommonPosts: 18

hopped on today to see the progress of the patch after a few days and a few hotfixes...well not impressed. No noticable changes, even the foliage that they added around fab and stuff isn't really impressive at all. 

Then, wait for it to hit night, whole server(or at least 5+ people in help chan+me) went to 6-10 fps(I was at 65 before night). GM said it was a small problem that happens with the coming of night. 

Good thing there is a new dynamic day/night cycle, we really needed that. Who cares about 60+fps when you can have dynamic night cycles! 

I'll post more as I see more. 

edit: seems that whenever I go over a certain node/area in tind GY there is also a 1 second hicup(and a guy I was chasing trying to kill got the same thing) havne't checked on other nodelines 

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Seriously, i don't know why they don't just remove broken feature to fix them just to re-introduce them later. Less broken shit in a game even if it means removing features equals up to a better game coz it changes the meta.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326

This post is really funny because they just NERFED mounted combat into oblivion yesterday. Some will say they went a little too far, but it is better than what it was before (as you can see in the OPs post).

Its probably getting several hotfixes this coming weeks fixing all the stuff that they broke, its the usual thing with Starvault. But the game is going in the right direction, its just an indie game anyways so they dont have the manpower to polish their game that quickly. Sorry guys, but Mortal isnt going anywhere, next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by YoungCaesar

This post is really funny because they just NERFED mounted combat into oblivion yesterday. Some will say they went a little too far, but it is better than what it was before (as you can see in the OPs post).

Its probably getting several hotfixes this coming weeks fixing all the stuff that they broke, its the usual thing with Starvault. But the game is going in the right direction, its just an indie game anyways so they dont have the manpower to polish their game that quickly. Sorry guys, but Mortal isnt going anywhere, next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

As long as i remember they re doing the same "briliant method" regarding mounted combat since the beggining: Nerf it to oblivion as you said and buffing it to the sky. Its the same thing repeating over and over again. And the sadest part is that this nerf-buff rotation doesnt only apply to mounted combat.

next is finally the acclaimed territory control update.

Acclaimed by who exactly?

And is this territory control version 1? 2? 3?  Hmm.. think it's actually #4...

Surely THIS time it will be all that we hope and dream!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

It is regarded as the Jesus patch in the MO community, most of the old playerbase is waiting for it. Dunno which number it is, but the past few have just been a placeholder for this one. It will finally bring some "meaning" to pvp and controlling land, giving players RTS type buildings to build in their territory (like mines and farms, which can be raided by enemy guilds), give more benefits to owning land, etc.

Its not gonna come for a long time tho, probably not before christmas, the Devs first have to clean all the bugs and stuff they broke with the last patch lol

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

News update.

Gamer just woke up from stockholm syndrome. 

Welcome back the real world OP. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

It is regarded as the Jesus patch in the MO community, most of the old playerbase is waiting for it. Dunno which number it is, but the past few have just been a placeholder for this one. It will finally bring some "meaning" to pvp and controlling land, giving players RTS type buildings to build in their territory (like mines and farms, which can be raided by enemy guilds), give more benefits to owning land, etc.

Its not gonna come for a long time tho, probably not before christmas, the Devs first have to clean all the bugs and stuff they broke with the last patch lol

So... your new claim is that all the prior Territory Control patches, including the highly publicized territory control EXPANSION, where they had articles published on major gaming sites like MMORPG.COM were actually "placeholders" for the NEXT version which by your own words is now going to be the "Jesus" patch...

OOOOOOOO  KAY......

Funny, when Henrick was hying his Territory Control EXPANSION in Nov/Dec 2011I do not recall him ever saying it was a placeholder...

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

So... your new claim is that all the prior Territory Control patches, including the highly publicized territory control EXPANSION, where they had articles published on major gaming sites like MMORPG.COM were actually "placeholders" for the NEXT version which by your own words is now going to be the "Jesus" patch...

OOOOOOOO  KAY......

Funny, when Henrick was hying his Territory Control EXPANSION in Nov/Dec 2011I do not recall him ever saying it was a placeholder...

Man if I had more time I would find and necro those threads.

The promises, the hype, the whole thing- 

How many "Jesus Patches" are there going to be?

EDIT- Not to be a dick but I thought of something funny (and true). If MO had a statement to best describe it at any point in its history it would be this "Mortal Online: 1 Patch away from greatness since 2011."

@ Young Ceasar- If you can, search the archives here- t used to be filled with hilarity of a sort I have never seen in any gaming forum- Ever. There were like 4-5 Jesus Patches that were all going to be the "one". MO supporters would come in here in droves telling us "wait and see - The next patch fixes everything" then once the patch came it was "great." and "the population is booming"- Then a week later they would eave and we would never see them again.

So much of this forum should be bound into a book since it seriosuly was entertaining as all hell and some of the most tragic and yet hilarious reading I have ever done- Bar none. May posts were deleted and accounts banned so even the archives will nevr show the full picture- But you will find some old threads of interest regarding the TC control system (version 1-whatever they are at now...)

It really is sad this sub forum has lost its steam and its been worn into the ground. I used to love coming into work and firing up the forum for the daily MO scoop.