Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Does this game use the WoW engine?

DesetesDesetes brampton, ONPosts: 88Member

Was wondering why it looks EXACTLY like WoW.

Are those Dranei standing in Nagrand? Dunno.

Ohhhhh, I missed the barrens. Are those undead or trolls?

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member
    It's Carbine's own engine, not the same one Blizzard uses. The similarities between the two are so many though I can see why you would think it is. Carbine is having some optimization troubles right now, but if they can iron it out to run as good as WoW does, it will be all good.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• IkonisIkonis Raleigh, ARPosts: 215Member Uncommon
    Don't feed the troll
  • UhwopUhwop Wilm, DEPosts: 1,663Member Uncommon

They look nothing alike, aside from having stylized art.  

But then there are people who can't see the differences in art style from one artist to the next.  Obviously you're one of those people that everything "looks the same" to.  

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAPosts: 836Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    It's Carbine's own engine, not the same one Blizzard uses. The similarities between the two are so many though I can see why you would think it is. Carbine is having some optimization troubles right now, but if they can iron it out to run as good as WoW does, it will be all good.

Good points.  But, the game is already running way better then it did in Closed beta.  I'm sure it will get even better by launch.  If it stays how it is right now.  I will be fine, but I'm hoping others don't have issues.

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Uncommon
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Posts: 5,486Member Uncommon
    Cant say what this thread is without my post being deleted and maybe getting a 24hr ban so read between the lines! =-)

=-D Only on a forum can optimism be called bad and pessimism the good thing =-D Welcome to the internet and forums. 

This discussion has been closed.