Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth the 150 for alpha acces i so wan to play it

RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
150 is hard to get together atm even tho i f i can it be fine : )

Comments

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

If you think the price tag is worth the goodies and the instant access, why not?  People waste shit tons more money on "worse" deals than this right?

A lot of people are saying it will transition to beta within a month or so, not sure how much truth there is to this at this current moment, but if so then you could wait and pay half as much or less to get beta access at that point.

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51

No game is worth $150, in my opinion, however I did drop the $150 as I had some money and time to kill, and I can honestly say I'm extremely impressed wit this game.  This alpha is very polished, and the localization to English is the only thing I've currently come across as not complete.  I've had this game for 1 week, and am lvl 20 on my first character and loving every minute in game.

If you are hesitant to spend $150, no worries.  Drop $50 on Beta access which should start in 3 weeks (June'ish), and be prepared to have  good time.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    There's plenty of videos and information out there so that you can make that decision for yourself, and not ask this forum. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I wouldn't waste any money on it, the game is going to be F2P. I have no plans to play it when it is free either though.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Not worth $150. Not worth even $50 honestly. It feels like a typical f2p asian game with big time syncs to hide shallow features.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I doubt many people are going to actually admit to spending 150 on a f2p alpha and tell you it's not worth it.  Not this early in the process.

You make me like charity

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    I doubt many people are going to actually admit to spending 150 on a f2p alpha and tell you it's not worth it.  Not this early in the process.

Lol honestly you're probably right.  That's definitely enough money to most people to where they would at least attempt to justify their purchase.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Hysteric

No game is worth $150, in my opinion, however I did drop the $150 as I had some money and time to kill, and I can honestly say I'm extremely impressed wit this game.  This alpha is very polished, and the localization to English is the only thing I've currently come across as not complete.  I've had this game for 1 week, and am lvl 20 on my first character and loving every minute in game.

If you are hesitant to spend $150, no worries.  Drop $50 on Beta access which should start in 3 weeks (June'ish), and be prepared to have  good time.

the other option is to be patient and wait for ob(also sign up for beta(the non pay version)).

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Fearum
    I wouldn't waste any money on it, the game is going to be F2P. I have no plans to play it when it is free either though.

heh i messed with the game in russian and i loved it too so duno just dropped the 150 but it spulling form wrong account damn site didnt let me choose : ( all well

i work hard for money i spend it anyway i want too so dont worry about that

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354

The game sound cool and it's worth playing but why pay now when in a month or so you can play it for free.

edit: also I don't know any alphas that keep the character so wipe is most certain to come, again why pay for just testing the game when in very short time you can play it for free.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Considering I've never paid more than $60.00 for a game, I can't think of any game that's worth $150, most of all still one in Alpha stage.  (I don't care about the technicalities of it already being out for over a year elsewhere, an Alpha is an Alpha)
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Impatience is expensive. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

A lot of people are saying "wait til it's f2p" but f2p is basically "girlfriend mode".

You can't do half the things that make the game compelling.

Originally posted by dandurin

A lot of people are saying "wait til it's f2p" but f2p is basically "girlfriend mode".

You can't do half the things that make the game compelling.

yea its comes with the ingame money and cool glider and 90 day subs for the most part so but spending 150 now i have to stick with it for a while btw 1 hour to download the client XDD

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Raxeon

heh i messed with the game in russian and i loved it too so duno just dropped the 150 but it spulling form wrong account damn site didnt let me choose : ( all well

Then you didn't really have to ask here if you already bought it lol, unless you were just looking for people to applaud your impatience to drop $150 on a F2P game in Alpha that you might like.

Originally posted by Raxeon

Then you didn't really have to ask here if you already bought it lol, unless you were just looking for people to applaud your impatience to drop $150 on a F2P game in Alpha that you might like.

i bought it after the post : /  

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    From the few people I know who paid $150 for this game, only 4 people, all of them have told me its ok but they would not do it again given the choice.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by epoq
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Lol honestly you're probably right.  That's definitely enough money to most people to where they would at least attempt to justify their purchase.

Or they could tell you, in all honesty, that they find the game great and the package they purchased to be great value to them.

But, I guess you will see things the way that it suits you to see them.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Impatience is expensive. 

I agree. I would say do not buy it if the only thing you see of value in the package of perks is the alpha access.

It really isn't the most compelling part of the deal for someone that will play this game long term, despite folks that want to complain constantly focusing on it as a reason to be negative.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

How it is worth depends on how much you want to play the game. You get access to a 24/7 server all the way until release.

Sure beta is said to be in june. But most likely it will be limited access like beta weekends.

So its up to you.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    No game is worth $150. So for the love of god, wait. 150 is too much. Anyone who tells you otherwise is crazy. Also why would you want to play in alpha. All your progress will be wiped out and then at launch you will have to repeat the same content.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71
    No
  • An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    You don't spend 150$ to try it out; you spend them if you want to make an investment as you already know what the game is about and are sure to play it for months to come, after release.
    Plus you can't wait to play as it's a fantastic game and every penny was worth the purchase.

^If you don't feel like that wait for release.
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    No game is worth $150. So for the love of god, wait. 150 is too much. Anyone who tells you otherwise is crazy. Also why would you want to play in alpha. All your progress will be wiped out and then at launch you will have to repeat the same content.

I think this might be the official test server at release so it may not be wiped ( thats what my guild was saying)

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

Yes it is worth it.

One warning this game is very addictive, this would be my biggest worry about buying it.