Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: "Jump Into Beta To Prove Us Wrong"

Comments

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    Originally posted by Volgore

I don't think the game is "the best" at anything it does, but it's still a pretty complete package with lots of love in its details. Like the game or not, but it has soul.

Anyway the EU servers were all low, except for one that went to medium later in the evening. I guess by now everyone who was/is interested in the game already had enough chance to get an impression on the previous weekends and there wasn't a huge run on the EU servers.

"It's the best MMO, jump in and prove us wrong"... what is wrong about the game (UI, performance, classes/bugs, amps, starting areas and more) has been posted in and out on the forums and to a certain part been ignored by the "devs who are listening".

Except that if you actually played / payed attention to the game, you would see that the UI was already completely rehauled, the performance is continually being optimized, and the housing truly is the best out of any mmorpg to date.

I love the new UI. I'll admit the lag with it at first was really bad, but they fixed that.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I don't think the game is "the best" at anything it does, but it's still a pretty complete package with lots of love in its details. Like the game or not, but it has soul.

Anyway the EU servers were all low, except for one that went to medium later in the evening. I guess by now everyone who was/is interested in the game already had enough chance to get an impression on the previous weekends and there wasn't a huge run on the EU servers.

"It's the best MMO, jump in and prove us wrong"... what is wrong about the game (UI, performance, classes/bugs, amps, starting areas and more) has been posted in and out on the forums and to a certain part been ignored by the "devs who are listening".

Except that if you actually played / payed attention to the game, you would see that the UI was already completely rehauled, the performance is continually being optimized, and the housing truly is the best out of any mmorpg to date.

Some of us would like to play the game, but can't despite the fact Carbine says our systems should be able to without a problem. Funny that, huh?

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Best game I've played this year? So that's going to put it up against Rift (which Trion has been killing off steadily this year) and ESO. Well, crap. That's not going to be a hard win. All it needs to do is be average.
  • Path4Path4 Member Posts: 35

Beta....

They find problems and they fix them, there's a word for that oh yeah beta.  Also I can't remember any mmo release that was perfect.  Stop being snobs and support the game if you like it or go do something else if you don't. 

Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    • “We have the best damn MMO that’s you’re going to play this year. Period. End.” – Mike Donatelli I played. I disagree.  The game is childish and obnoxious (not because of the graphics either)
    • “If you are going to sell an MMO for the box price with a $15 subscription you got to give them the value. Month after month we will release more content for every play style.” – Mike Donatelli I can't speak on this, but if you find this game not annoying, it does have a ton of stuff to throw at you.
    • “We have an entire expansion worth of content that we plan to launch over the next 12 months,” Mike Donatelli Could be true, but CHALLENGE STARTED ruins it for me.
    • “We have a whole zone that’s coming in the very first patch post-launch,” Mike Donatelli Again, probably true... but it's still Wildstar which is not a good thing to me.
    • “Best Housing of any MMO, ever,” Matt Mocarski I'm sure somebody will disagree with this bold statement. I'm not equipped to argue.
    • “We are the first ever MMO to do mount customizations (we have hoverboards in the game if you didn’t know),” Matt Mocarski Whoopty fucking do.
    • “The 40 man Raid is bat s$@# insane,” Mike Donatelli Yes. It is because the combat system is the only thing really engaging about the game.
    • “We definitely have the best Raids of any MMO,” Stephan Frost Say it two times because that's all Wildstar really had for me

The game runs better than it did before, but like I said... it's still WIldstar. I'm sure others will enjoy it.  I honestly don't understand why they shelved Blade & Soul for Wildstar.

It was a marketing decision (if even that) to stop Blade & Soul and bring this instead. Most "Asian/Korean-Style MMOS" do not really do too great over her in NA. 

To be honest though, they probably stopped Blade and Soul for other reasons than Wildstar's release.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    "First MMO to do mount customization" Yeah, that's not even remotely true.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

UI 2.0 is about as bad as the previous version was, albeit in its own way. Fonts, functions, certain class related stuff (i.e. Esper PSI indicators/bars), clutter, quest tracker, C for phone calls, V for loot, F to interact, Chat/-functions, popup overkill and other things that have been discussed and complained about for UI2.0 as much as for v1.0

Of course performance is continually being optimized, it happens with every game and even WoW's engine is getting tweaked until today. No one questions that Carbine is in the process of optimizing, the problem is that the game runs horrible for alot of people as is now. The related thread on the forum is like 30 pages long with people stating that nothing was optimized for them in several weekends. So whatever Carbine is doing is not enough for alot of people who sit on 20 fps on mid to high end PCs.

I can't speak about the housing, but i read a tip in the loading screen today stating somethign like : "you can get all this and that for your house ...with money" what exactly seems to mirror Carbine's attitude in regards to the game's CREDD influenced economy.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

This MMO is so good that after a couple of hours playing, I had to uninstall in order not to be addicted!

*coughs*

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Some people are going to like WS and some are not. I fall in the NOT camp myself. I wish the game success but I will not be in any way part of it. Played beta....many many hours....and it just did not live up to my expectations. Again, that does not mean that it will be way over the top for someone else...just not for me.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

I did not enjoy WoW ...so after trying closed beta a while back I decided this game was not for me. 

So I guess "best damn MMO" doesn't apply to me then....must not be their target audience....

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Lol it's a safe bet ths if you don't enjoy wow you wont enjoy ws.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    So if I don't find it the Best Damn Game will they give me... what a free copy?  LOL if I don't like it there is not much they can do.
  • VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Finally some spirited WildStar discussion... I LOVE IT! About time people started talking.
  • obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189

Can you guy's make things easier !!!!! Cries , oh the tears ! 

That Frost dude says, NOPE !

Ok , I have much RESPECT for that. 

Just that statement alone just really shifted my thoughts about this game. 

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Oh boy.  This PR stunt is going to turn around in bite them in the arse.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ShainnaShainna Member UncommonPosts: 58

Tried it in one of the betas a while ago, 30 minutes into the game i was bored as hell. It's a pity because i really enjoyed what they were doing with housing, combat would need getting used to but nothing too hard, pretty standard everywhere else, but the questing just put me off completely. If i'm not having fun leveling i'm not touching it (especially with a sub).

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

ill go again and look around a little bit and see if  there are people playing.

not interested in playing more than a view minutes-average and boring.

Maybe because pretty much all games beta leave optimisation to the end and it's stupid complaining about optimisation in a test phase.. That is used to optimise software and hardware.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Been there done that, not going back.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

They should great a mmorg that's is just one barren landscape and award xp for being miserable sods.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

As a pve raid game it is fun no doubt about that. The skill/attack system is meh...as in "spam 1 until npc is dead, if enemy isnt dead in 2-3 hits add keys 2-4". The directional stuff of npcs is just plain boring because you see it charging and know exactly when it deals dmg. Not that it is bad just really predictable.

The class system is mediocre but the..job(?).. system makes up for it... at least a bit. Not sure how it will affect stuff at high lvl but on low it was fun but not really useful. Might be because few people used it. Stations were down most of the time and encounters were easy to solo.

But none the less I would play it but the gfx turned me away. Might play it as f2p but no way for 15$ a month.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by DMKano

Those statements reek of attention seeking and desperation.

When you are best at something there is no need to say it, as people are going to talk about it.

On the other hand whenever a product claims to be best...... almost never the case.

I couldn't agree more.

That said. The three things they have done best (in the game, not the genre) IMO are:

Housing, Crafting, and Adventures

I'm not a fan of their dungeons. Not at all.

For the record: A tough guy doesn't have to tell you he is tough. You can just look at them and know.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Why do they need to "challenge" people to play/try the game for free ? Don't people normally break down the doors trying to get in when you have something that will become the best ?

Their hype has died down quite a bit since a lot of people have gotten into the beta weekends so they needed to jump start it again is all.

Alumicard if you think the game is meh, it's not going to get less meh just because you don't pay a sub. smacks of the jaded ul play a game even thou I don't like it mentality doesn't it- and we all know what that does to the social aspects of a Moore don't we,,,

Originally posted by moosecatlol
    "First MMO to do mount customization" Yeah, that's not even remotely true.

I was questioning that one too, but I couldn't think of one that lets you. Do you know any?

(I'm assuming a sandbox of some type)