Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Main site problems?

DyraeleDyraele Member UncommonPosts: 200
For the past 4 or 5 days I have been unable to access the main site. Is anyone else having problems? If so, anyone know what is going on?

AKA - Bruxail

Comments

• DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68

Looks like it's down.

Facebook message from feb. 1:

"We are currently experiencing some trouble with our servers. Working on getting the website back up ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.
    "

• DyraeleDyraele Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Thanks! I don't facebook much at all so I appreciate the feedback.

AKA - Bruxail

<div fsm="" fwn="" fcg"="">

Februrary 10th Facebook update

Update for you guys!
    Our servers should be back online soon, per a discussion I just had with our host. As soon as I notice it comes back online I'll get the monthly update posted.

Again, very sorry for the inconvenience guys!

What host keeps their client down for over 2 weeks? This sounds more like money problems than hosting problems. If this was a host problem they won't be in business too long.

AKA - Bruxail

• frenzy2011frenzy2011 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Game will never see light of day anyway why bother

Another Facebook update. Seems to me like the host holding them hostage.

"Alright guys. After lengthy discussions with the host, it seems they're absolutely unwilling to work with us. They're basically wanting a big chunk of change that FS can't afford.
    Unfortunately, because they shut everything down without us being aware that it was happening/impending, they also have a lot of data on their servers that we no longer have access to. Obviously, some of that which was hosted was the website and everything on it.

I'm not certain where we're moving to from this point, but this monkey wrench definitely hurt. 

I'll update you guys as soon as I know more.

-Rob"

AKA - Bruxail

• Vexus_XVexus_X Member UncommonPosts: 57

You guys are really shit dumb if you think the 'host' is holding them hostage. Ah and they have no backup of the site. Oh gee guess we have to wait to get back to our 'lore' and 'fantasy world of forum chatting about potential features'.

Just to be clear:

EMBERS OF CAERUS IS DEAD.

They didn't want to pay the monthly hosting cost, or had their credit card account cancelled and so the host no longer is getting paid = cancelled hosting. They still have the domain, and thus can put up any website they want at any time, even a placeholder to say 'shit's down!':

http://whois.net/whois/embersofcaerus.com

They don't, because they knew it was a hype scam from the start, and never produced anything noteworthy, and so they are trying to let it die.

The next time you guys see a website filled with hundreds of lore posts but have to dig for hours to find a possible screenshot of a game, you can dive into the lore if you want, but at least know you are likely getting ripped off. And I say ripped off more in the emotional/imaginative/fantasy way rather than financial.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Dyraele

Another Facebook update. Seems to me like the host holding them hostage.

"Alright guys. After lengthy discussions with the host, it seems they're absolutely unwilling to work with us. They're basically wanting a big chunk of change that FS can't afford.
    Unfortunately, because they shut everything down without us being aware that it was happening/impending, they also have a lot of data on their servers that we no longer have access to. Obviously, some of that which was hosted was the website and everything on it.

I'm not certain where we're moving to from this point, but this monkey wrench definitely hurt. 

I'll update you guys as soon as I know more.

-Rob"

Appreciate your honesty Rob, good luck getting things going.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

I still check in once a month.

The site has been down since the end of January

Rob Steele the guy that got the kickstarter funds and additional funds

from his Support Plan on the forums has posted many types of excuses.

Looks like this one is a wrap. Hope it will be a lesson for those that got scammed.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Their main website is still down.   Guess the game has failed mid development?   A lot of words of dream game, but as always falls apart?   We need a big funding game to hire these types of developers to make a game.   Unfotuantly that will never happen.
  • DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106

Just looked at their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/EmbersOfCaerus

The Rob Steel guy hasn't posted since April.  So $48,000 in kickstarter money, in addition to whatever was donated, is basically unaccounted for.  Wow.  

• CurtisburkCurtisburk Member Posts: 1

Vexus_X and DeVoDeVo----not all the public explanations of the hosting are "accurate" in regards to this game development. However, from an insider perspective...this game development was disrupted long before the hosting company closed down the FREE alpha hosting Forsaken was being provided. Disclaimer----I am not associated with this game in any way!

• OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45
    DeVoDeVo said:

Just looked at their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/EmbersOfCaerus

The Rob Steel guy hasn't posted since April.  So $48,000 in kickstarter money, in addition to whatever was donated, is basically unaccounted for.  Wow.  

48k is nothing ... Camelot Unchained has over 4mil and it's still slow going...