Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the longest you've ever stayed with an MMORPG?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

For me I stayed with Mabinogi the longest.  Over five years.  I would still be playing that game on and off if it hadn't left residual in my registry so reinstallment is impossible.  Second longest game I ever played was FFXI for 1 1/2 year and coming in almost neck n neck was WoW also about 1 1/2 year.

What mmo have you played the longest?

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

Vendetta Online.  10 years, 11 months, and I'm still playing image

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• GrootGroot Member UncommonPosts: 87

WoW consecutively 7 years, on and off the last 3 years...so 10 years total.

DAoC/UO next longest for 3 years each.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

Longest continuous subscription?

Probably either Everquest for maybe 12 months or so.

I think my longest stretch with WoW was Vanilla...about 7-8 months.

As a whole subscription month to month, year to year. It would probably be WoW. I probably have about 2.5 years of subscription in total.

That actually feels somewhat depressing considering how long the games have been out. Currently the longest game that's kept me subbed is FF14, which lasted nearly three months. Hopefully our next batch will be able to make it to the year mark again...

:(

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Over 5 years total subbed time to EQ1. Longest stretch was 3 years to EQ1.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Nearly 5 years in Everquest 1 from the day it released in March 1999. No other game has put a claim on my life like that game did.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Lotro since release, have a lifetime sub and have never regretted it. Still hop in every time new content comes out, just bought the Archeage founders pack, so currently playing that and enjoying it very much.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I suppose I've been playing Lord of the Rings Online on and off since closed beta. Though I had breaks. But I suppose 7 years for that.

Played Lineage 2 for 4.5 years with less breaks than LOTRO. It feels like I've played that game longer.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    I played Everquest 1 from 1999 until 2011, however, I took two one year breaks around 2003 and 2005. The longest I played consecutively was from 2006 until I quit for good in 2011.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Anarchy Online 2004- thousands and thousand of hours and then i took p2w cash shop in the knee. (4 paid accounts)

still visiting as a froob maybe once per month.

edit: cant remember when the cash shop came,mostly because i dont even want to.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    EVE Online, over 5 years and still enjoying it.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Everquest for a little over 5 years consecutively, with no breaks in subscription at all.  A worse stat is I had over a year of /played time so I spent a little over 20% of those 5 years on Everquest.  I've considered going back to play Project1999, but just can't bring myself to do it.

The only other MMO I spent a real significant amount of time on is WoW, which I spent about 3 years on, but it was not consecutive years and it was on and off.  I've been completely done with WoW for since the first month or two of WotLK release though.

• DilligDillig Member UncommonPosts: 123
    EQ 1  just over 5 years then DAOC almost 2 years and currently ff14 which is what 7 or 8 months so far. Currently playing ESO and still playing ff14
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    The game I played consistantly since 2001 or so was Dark Age of Camelot. I also subbed to EQ2 ( I still play here and there), and SWG (which I stayed with until the end)
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    WoW. Since early beta in mid 2004 up to today, I still play with random breaks
  • AmbrosiusAmbrosius Member Posts: 75

JUMPGATE!

Played from late beta back in 2001 until it closed down in 2012 -- and happily playing again now that it has been resurrected.  :)

http://jumpgate-tri.org/

-- Ambros.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Phaserlight
    Vendetta Online.  10 years, 11 months, and I'm still playing
    That is awesome! Has it changed significantly over that decade+?

My top MMOs would be:
    City of Heroes (3 years solidly + 3 off and on)
    EverQuest 1 (3 years)
    Wizard101 (2 years solidly + Just back into playing it again)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    13 years for UO (Will sometimes play on www.uoforever.com sometimes), 9 years (still playing) for EVE, SWG for 2-3 years, WoW for like maybe 2 years. Nothing else has lasted past 6 months after this.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Lotro since August 2007 I believe
  • World Of Warcraft : 8 years

Warhammer Online : 5 years

Guild Wars : 5 years

Ragnarok Online : 6 years (Still playing)

Dark Age Of Camelot : 3 years (Still playing)

Guild Wars 2 : 2 years (Still playing)

Star Wars Galaxies : 2 years

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Runescape, 13 years.

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219
    LotRO, from release through four years plus a bit...  When F2P turned the game to crap; when all of its updates turned to crap; I voted with my pocketbook.
  • junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

City of Heroes - 5 yrs

LotRO - 2 yrs

WoW - 1 1/2 yrs

Played other games, but these are my longest stretches.

• tmann50tmann50 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Approximately 8 years playing EQ1...best game ever IMO and about 6 years with WoW

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

EQ at 15 years now and still playing, DAoC is second with about 8 years played.

I have about 800 days played on my EQ characters and about 500 or so spent in DAoC. Lots and lots of time heh.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Eve ,since 2005.