Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Get Rid Of The Dang Pop-Up Windows

RateroRatero Tallassee, ALPosts: 337Member Uncommon

I log in today and click an on a link.  My browser pops up 3 new window tabs for unrelated crap.  I can back click to the previous screen but if I pretty much click on ANYTHING I get multiple windows cropping up about gaming stuff.

I don't know when you guys did this but if it keeps popping up garbage windows then I'd done visiting this site.

Ratero.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYPosts: 5,717Administrator Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ratero

I log in today and click an on a link.  My browser pops up 3 new window tabs for unrelated crap.  I can back click to the previous screen but if I pretty much click on ANYTHING I get multiple windows cropping up about gaming stuff.

I don't know when you guys did this but if it keeps popping up garbage windows then I'd done visiting this site.

Ratero.

Can you be more specific? What are you clicking on? And what is showing up when you do? Can you post a screenshot?

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• syntax42syntax42 Columbus, OHPosts: 1,305Member Uncommon
    Does it happen on any other sites?  You might have adware on your computer if it does.
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Perris, CAPosts: 273Member
    Get adblock plus. Gets rid of about 90% of ads on all websites.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,452Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Creatorzim
    Get adblock plus. Gets rid of about 90% of ads on all websites.

It's not this site, it's him. He has some sort of malware or "something". One can safely click on links here and not get additional windows opening up.