Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confirmation on video optimization?

2»

Comments

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    Originally posted by Nevulus

i just dont understand whats going on with people talking about video problems.

I have 2 cards, 580 gtx and a 570 gtx, both considerably old, on 2 different computers. 2600k 8gb RAM, and other is an i5. I ran the game at 50 fps with everything max except shadows in crowded areas, and considerably higher fps when out questing. The lowest I saw it go was 45 fps during a large amount of permanent particles around a heavily populated quest hub.

There was one person this recent closed beta constantly spamming chat about how poorly the game ran, when asked what gfx card he has he said a Nvidia 260. 

We aren't new to PC gaming, we should all be aware as newer games come out, older gfx cards WILL be taxed more in performance. I just don't get it, unless I am missing something completely. I understand everyones rig is different, but from what I saw this weekend there was a LOT of people blowing things out of proportion in order to stand high on their soap box.

I am not sure why you assume people are blowing things out of proportion. I have been able to run every MMORPG to date just fine with the exception of WS on my Nvidia GTS 450 which is a decent mid range video card. While I respect that you aren't experiencing the same issues that others are, how about offering up helpful information instead of proclaiming we are here to stand on a soapbox and over embellishing our experiences. I get as high as 50 fps and then experience drops to as low as 15. On top of all of that there is a stutter that causes my head and eyes to ache after playing for roughly an hour. What I don't understand as why folks like you continue with this head in the sand defense of something when people like me want to enjoy the game and are looking for answers to a fix. While the OP may have been busted as trolling, I legitimately wanted some information and instead I get this drivel.  

[mod edit]

I stated that I fully understand everyone's rig is different. but during beta this weekend I had one guy spam the entire chat for 3 hours over & over about how bad his fps was, and when finally asked his card was a 260. Yup that's blowing things out of proportion.

Here's some advice: Betas always needs optimization. Chances are there is debugging software running in the background. Will they fix it? Who knows. None of us know, but what I do know is that YOU can always upgrade your gfx card. [mod edit]

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 422

I have 2 cards, 580 gtx and a 570 gtx, both considerably old, on 2 different computers. 2600k 8gb RAM, and other is an i5. I ran the game at 50 fps with everything max except shadows in crowded areas, and considerably higher fps when out questing. The lowest I saw it go was 45 fps during a large amount of permanent particles around a heavily populated quest hub.

There was one person this recent closed beta constantly spamming chat about how poorly the game ran, when asked what gfx card he has he said a Nvidia 260. 

We aren't new to PC gaming, we should all be aware as newer games come out, older gfx cards WILL be taxed more in performance. I just don't get it, unless I am missing something completely. I understand everyones rig is different, but from what I saw this weekend there was a LOT of people blowing things out of proportion in order to stand high on their soap box.

I have equivalent if not slightly improved hardware than you and i got crappy fps when i tested.... it seems its just certain hardware thats having issues.

AMD fx4300 3.8ghz GTX 760 2g 8G Ram

• KenichiKenichi Member Posts: 109

Upgraded from an i3 to an i7, GTX 560 Ti to 760. I went from having crappy fps to barely being able to run the game. It is the only game that I have any problems with and this is with the settings low. There must be some driver issue or something very wrong.

At this point, unless a miracle patch happens in open beta, I'll have to get a refund because I just can't play a game like this.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

There's a huge bugfix patch coming by tomorrow. I'd hold off judging performance until after that and it's inevitable hotfix. Most of the current issues with the game were introduced with UI 2.0, things were starting to look much better until they introduced it.

Obviously it won't be a miracle patch but it should go a long way to sorting out a lot of the current issues.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972
    Haven't run into any of the issues being discussed here.  I hope these things are addressed, of course.  But I personally haven't witnessed any issues first hand.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

I got twin 660 TI, get a stable 4.5 from my processor, all drivers up to date all other AAA games run fine and Wildstar was running like shit for me from day one.  The FPS was all over the effing place regardless of the settings. The foliage was stretching and distorting all over the screen etc.  Between that and how the game got increasingly more obnoxious as I played I just gave up on the title. I tried everything possible before that.  It's not my problem anymore.

[mod edit]

Distortion is a driver problem in about 80% (from personal exp that is) of the time.

I had this in GW2, updated my driver and all was solved last time.......had the same thing back in wow, EQ2, age of conan and rift.

my 2 coppers

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    This may or may not be related, but I planned on making a chua spellslinger at release until I made one in beta and ran around a bit.  When you strafe on a chua the camera kind of stutters along with the chua's footsteps and it really bothers me.  So much so that I'm going to make a cassian instead.  Has anyone else noticed this?
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Kabaal

There's a huge bugfix patch coming by tomorrow. I'd hold off judging performance until after that and it's inevitable hotfix. Most of the current issues with the game were introduced with UI 2.0, things were starting to look much better until they introduced it.

Obviously it won't be a miracle patch but it should go a long way to sorting out a lot of the current issues.

I hope.  If everything is fixed i'll probably make a new thread describing how much better it is, but if not then idk.  I certainly can't raid with the fps I was getting last beta weekend.  Plis carbine.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

iv been following this issue for quite some time, here are my observations:

People complaining on fps in wildstar either have a AMD card or below nvidia 570gtx.

People saying there is nothing wrong with the fps seem to have 580gtx and higher/newer nvidia cards.

If anyone reading this has been using a nvidia card above 570gtx and experiencing fps issues while "only" running wildstar on their machines, please reply to this.

• GadzGadz Member UncommonPosts: 32
    im getting about 120 fps with everything on the highest setting.. so yeah, that would be awesome if they optimized it more
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Imo its more about CPU and less about GPU. I got a friend having an i7 and gtx550 and he is playing almost always at 50+ fps.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by fardreamer

People complaining on fps in wildstar either have a AMD card or below nvidia 570gtx.

People saying there is nothing wrong with the fps seem to have 580gtx and higher/newer nvidia cards.

If anyone reading this has been using a nvidia card above 570gtx and experiencing fps issues while "only" running wildstar on their machines, please reply to this.

Playing from an internet cafe. Some pcs here have high end amd cards and other have nvidia 570gtx. With amd i was getting 80+ fps with everything maxed. I will try playing on nvidia 570gtx once open beta hits and post the results here.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Hai.

I have a GTX 670 overclocked. So it's basically a GTX 680. 12 gb RAM. i7 cpu. Quite a beefy desktop computer.

Game runs poorly in quite a few places for me.

It is a known fact the game isn't optimized yet. We're all waiting for when it will be.

Originally posted by skoupidi

Playing from an internet cafe. Some pcs here have high end amd cards and other have nvidia 570gtx. With amd i was getting 80+ fps with everything maxed. I will try playing on nvidia 570gtx once open beta hits and post the results here.

hmm

Originally posted by kikosforever
    Imo its more about CPU and less about GPU. I got a friend having an i7 and gtx550 and he is playing almost always at 50+ fps.

maybe its not AMD maybe its CPU related. im on a i7 2600 and its running fine. 

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

I think the issues is predominately on Laptop rigs. I know in my situation, playing on medium setting I can get 30 fps on average. It drops down to the 20 range with a lot of people. If you compare that to GW2, I have everything on high and get 40-60 fps. It dips down to 40ish when I’m in a zerg playing WvW. So something is wrong.

Everyone says its optimization and it very well could be.  I hope that’s the issue and this patch coming tomorrow gives me back 20+ FPS. It’s a pipe dream though as I’ve never seen a patch give back 20+. Which leads me to think this will be a problem for a prolonged period of time. I can see there being a staggered optimization for the next 6 months. I hope I’m wrong. I would like nothing better to log in tomorrow and get 40 FPS in a raid situation.

Rig Core Stats

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-2670QM Mobile Processor 2.20 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.10 GHz
    MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Evga 660 Ti, i5 overclocked, 32 gig ram.  No reason I should be getting 20-40 fps on a cartoony game when my computer runs everything else like a beast. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    There is a 110 mb patch out to download now. Just came up today. Patch notes will be up later today. We'll see what they changed/fixed.
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Evga 660 Ti, i5 overclocked, 32 gig ram.  No reason I should be getting 20-40 fps on a cartoony game when my computer runs everything else like a beast. 

okay so that makes me consider the cpu theory even more, do we have anyone with a i7 with fps problems? not counting laptops cause we know the M cpu's seem to be having problems.

• Well, unless there's some kind of miracle performance patch I think this game is dead in the water. The dates graphics of this game is sending my i7 on its knees, requiring me to put most of the already lackluster graphics on low to get remotely decent framerates.

I'll be playing now and then during the beta to see if they improve the performance, but right now it's just not worth playing with these issues.

There's a very long thread on the official forums about it, where some people claim "it runes fine" for them, but it turns out by "fine" they mean framerates in the 20-40 range, which is quite low.

• i_own_ui_own_u Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I have an i7 4930k. No FPS problems.