Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: 'City Life' Video Shows Off the Beauty of Urban Zones

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

An intrepid Black Desert beta tester has taken it upon himself to begin a series of videos to show off urban living in the game. The first one features a look at a seaside town complete with harbor and rain-soaked roadways. Thanks to Karrus for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Why is this site hyping this game while it is still in beta in Korea? Just asking for people to get annoyed after having to wait the year+ for this game to come out to the west. 
  • KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198
    A lot of pop-in everywhere =/ People are rendered right at your face sometimes. I guess the graphics were looking too good to be true. Environments and animations look beautiful though, a lot of attention to details. We ll see it in the west in 2020 maybe???
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Sector13
    Why is this site hyping this game while it is still in beta in Korea? Just asking for people to get annoyed after having to wait the year+ for this game to come out to the west. 

Oh Jesus... What is it with gamers, their impulse control, and them taking emotional offense just because they have to wait.

I love AA, but BD looks amazing. I am happy to hear whatever it is that they have to say about the title.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    I thought it looked amazing until I found out that there are only four or five classes and they are gender locked. That is OK, not great, for a single or multi player game, but not for a MMO.
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    The world is nice, yeah stuff pops up in your face abit though.  The world is looking close to photo realistic and then they put the cartoon character player models in... 
  • ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    the graphics look amazing and the towns feel alive because of the population density
  • Hamger8Hamger8 Member Posts: 78
    Im guessing people don't know that PC has graphic settings and most likely whoever put this video up had it either on low or medium.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Yes, popping exists.  I would have to see more I suppose to judge whether this would irritate me.  Once you notice it you tend to focus on it so it could be annoying.  The shading and and water are amazing however. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

well, I can live with the "pop". I just love what I've seen from this game and in this video especially how slick with water the roads and areas were.

Then again, I come from a time when "this" was "awesome"!

so anything above this is "more awesome".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I would be absolutely dazzled by this except I have seen what combat looks like. Amazing realistic looking MMORPG with scaled movement speeds to match the scale ---> combat begins and you get 3d Street Fighter. so so bad.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Looks good.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Daum! That looks great <3 I patiently wait. Even if it is 2 years :) and Daum ! that looks great
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    It does look great.  To be a large success I think they'd have to provide quite a bit of scaling options, though.  Not sure how high the percentage is of MMO gamers who run top-of-the-line rigs here in the U.S..

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    character models look awful, and don't match the realism of the scenery.
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by HighMarshal
    I thought it looked amazing until I found out that there are only four or five classes and they are gender locked. That is OK, not great, for a single or multi player game, but not for a MMO.

There are six classes.

Fighter: which has the male warrior and female Valkyrie.

Ranger: which has the male ranger and female ranger

Magician: which has the male Wizard and Female Sorceress

Giant: which is a high damage "berserker" class, seems to be male only but not confirmed we simply have not seen any female giants.

Tamer: the pet class which is female only.

Blader: which is a martial arts based sword wielder that is male only.

However Pearl Abyss has already said this is simply how it is for the Asian market, because they seem to have no issues at all with gender-locking, and that they are completely open to change for the future Western release.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I'm still looking for a game that would entice me to upgrade my almost 3 years old computer (and more powerful than any console on the market). Hopefully this game will be a contender, though I don't see a western release anywhere near the immediate future. And by that I mean in a year from now.
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

MMO with witcher3 like gfx - thats just win

And gosh people stop with the "its not released in korea so no western market for next decade" BS

Just because it happened to AA doesnt mean every other game will do the same

English client is halfway through translated by Pearl Abyss itself with RU to be already chosen and EU on the way

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• NIIINIII Member UncommonPosts: 113

Looks great!

I'm pretty used to pop-in, what with being a Dynasty Warriors fan and all.

The maps on the dirt are the best I've seen (that I can recall) at showing how wet and muddy it is.

Even if I don't end up enjoying the game, I'll gladly give it a thumbs up in the graphics area.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Looks nice but I'm not convinced its going to be a proper MMO....  Ya know like EQ, VG, SWG and  EQ2 with all the usual features..

Looks like it could be an arcade beat em up while questing...  Is there crafting, some form of AH, banks, exploration, open world dungeons, harvesting etc???

• DelusiveDelusive Member Posts: 151
    Game world looks beautiful, but something about the colors of the player characters is distracting. It is like they are too loud/bright. I can't place my finger on it, but the NPCs don't have that issue.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    It looks lovely, but the two issues I have is the race and gender locking of classes along with the constant popping with the graphics. But I feel that there needs to be an MMO that pushes the technical boundries, hopefully this is the game that does it.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

game looks stunning even with a few of the graphical glitches it clearly has at the moment.. still they will be sorted.

I am just not a fan of the combat system they have gone with, but i guess you cant have it all haha

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    in the year 2014 gender locking is pretty dumb, but I can't help but be intrigued by this game
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Is this game more hardcore PvP than Archage ? More difficult to avoid I mean.