Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(ESO) Paypal Denies Reimbursement.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by gameguy369

I just enjoy how people are no longer just disappointed by a game, as it goes straight to "THE MOST BROKEN THING THAT EVER GRACED THIS EARTH. WHOEVER CREATED THIS IS PROOF THAT DEMONS ARE SENT FROM HELL TO TORTURE US".

You bought the game. You played it; You didn't like it. Move the f on.

hahaha right? People are so dramatic! Other than one annoyingly bugged quest I haven't had much issue at all since head start.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Transaction date of march 20th. We're now into May..... You couldn't of been that upset with the game if it took you over a month to try and dispute the charge. This thread does not help your credibility at all. If you disputed this charge back in the middle of April you would of got your refund most likely. Sounds like you wanted to play through your free 30 days and dip.
  • onemanwolfonemanwolf Member Posts: 20
    This one of the worst MMOs I have every had the displeasure of playing a complete failure and the company is lost the have no clue of what a MMO is and what a Guild is.  Guilds are family and not a place to business I recommend people stop trying to get a refund and mark it up as lose and let the game die a slow death like other crappy MMOs who failied like this game will.  I had a lot of hope for the game and the more I heard what the company was saying reminded me of the Blizzard mind set we know what the customer wants not the customer the only way this will change is if people stop playing and not subscribing .
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Originally posted by onemanwolf
    This one of the worst MMOs I have every had the displeasure of playing a complete failure and the company is lost the have no clue of what a MMO is and what a Guild is.  Guilds are family and not a place to business I recommend people stop trying to get a refund and mark it up as lose and let the game die a slow death like other crappy MMOs who failied like this game will.  I had a lot of hope for the game and the more I heard what the company was saying reminded me of the Blizzard mind set we know what the customer wants not the customer the only way this will change is if people stop playing and not subscribing .

When was the last time any of our posters joined a website just to pan a game? So forgive me when I put you in the category of the around ten posters who have mysteriously decided to join just as TESO launches and then say the game is rubbish. The agenda of such posters is extremely transparent.

I am not even sure I understood what the OP was getting at, in his post did he say Paypal had denied reimbursement? If so this would be the first time I had ever heard of that happening for a MMO. So once again please excuse me for thinking its baloney.

• DarkFailDarkFail Member Posts: 66
    This made my morning so much more enjoyable.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by trancefate
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
    Originally posted by trancefate
    Originally posted by naami
    I see you lost $80. Buying the more expensive edition of a game you aren't 100% sure about is never a good idea. Next time be more careful with your money.

I bought the expensive steak at dinner, if they burned I would return it just the same as the cheap steak.

How many bites would you take first?

Probably two or three, if the middle wasn't ruined I'd just eat it. Unfortunately with ESO it was 2-3 bites of good steak, and the rest was frozen solid....

No, sorry, not 2 or 3 bites, if you were in Veteran Rank content, you were basically done with the game. Sorry, but that's all you hear is how after Veteran Rank there's nothing left. How much /played time? 100 hours? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

I am glad to see that most people won't be asking for a refund because it is indecent to do so.

This increases significantly the chances of people who find getting a refund acceptable to get one.

• Spitfyre808Spitfyre808 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    You are a customer buying a product. How many companies let you return a product that isn't broken or defective and is already opened? Not very many. The bugs that you are complaining about were pretty much all during the free 30 days that you received anyways so you really didn't even waste any money while the bugs were around. I'm sorry, but I can't see this in your favor.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    If you but a physical copy of a game you can almost never return it. Should be the same for digital. You got what you paid for. I've made regrettable game purchases but it never occurs to me to get a refund.

• nightscarnightscar Member Posts: 31

I just enjoy how people are no longer just disappointed by a game, as it goes straight to "THE MOST BROKEN THING THAT EVER GRACED THIS EARTH. WHOEVER CREATED THIS IS PROOF THAT DEMONS ARE SENT FROM HELL TO TORTURE US". You bought the game. You played it; You didn't like it. Move the f on.

A Fricken men man,
    Is this how the new generation of gamers are now?
    self entitled little brats.. Who are used to getting there way from mommy and daddy..
    I applaud ZenM & Paypal!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    This is like a person I know that goes to expensive boutiques, buys a nice dress, wears it one time, then takes it back the next day for a refund.  
    Originally posted by nightscar

I just enjoy how people are no longer just disappointed by a game, as it goes straight to "THE MOST BROKEN THING THAT EVER GRACED THIS EARTH. WHOEVER CREATED THIS IS PROOF THAT DEMONS ARE SENT FROM HELL TO TORTURE US".

You bought the game. You played it; You didn't like it. Move the f on.

A Fricken men man,
    Is this how the new generation of gamers are now?
    self entitled little brats.. Who are used to getting there way from mommy and daddy..
    I applaud ZenM & Paypal!

Ummmm, yeah, Miss? I'm sorry, but I wasn't happy with that lap dance, I'd like my money back please. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Unentitled claim was denied. That's how it should be done.

Oh look, someone using the new catchword "entitled" or "entitlement" out of context.

I think you were looking for "unsubstantiated"

Also, I would side with the consumer in this case.  As for those saying "Oh man, you played 50+ hours and want a refund, what a scam!"... I would probably imagine that if the OP said they only played 5 hours, there would be an equal amount yelling at him saying that the OP didn't give the game enough of a chance to make an informed decision.

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by nickster29

Oh look, someone using the new catchword "entitled" or "entitlement" out of context.

Also, I would side with the consumer in this case.  As for those saying "Oh man, you played 50+ hours and want a refund, what a scam!"... I would probably imagine that if the OP said they only played 5 hours, there would be an equal amount yelling at him saying that the OP didn't give the game enough of a chance to make an informed decision.

Nah.  If he only played 5 hours he'd be good.  

In 2014, it is completely acceptable to review an mmo based of the first few hours so.... that is how long it takes to determine the value of the entire game.  If you make it to VR content then you obviously know everything about the game and have no excuses.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by nickster29

Probably but I would still think he would be entitled to a refund as the product was mostly "unused'. Two different issues that have little to do with each other.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142

Well keep trying OP. I don't know where you live, but learn your legal rights as a customer and use them. File a complaint if necessary. Ask for legal help too, there are some costumer organizations who can help you with this.

As for all other "lol you are a thief" posts.. I read company lawyer claims against cases like this everyday because of my job and believe me, they are much nicer then you.

Learn your rights. Use your rights. Vote with your wallet.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196

While I understand that 80 bucks is a lot for some people, I'm not sure in understand the point in asking for a refund. You played the game for quite a while. I Bought it and probably only played for 5 hours in total, but I would never ask for a refund. If you had asked for a refund immediately it would be different. I think the restaurant analogy is a bad one. Having bugs in your food is not really the same as bugs in the game.

That being said I'm sure there is a way for you to get your money back. I'm just saying it might not be the right thing to do.

That's just my 2 cents.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by kakasaki

Probably but I would still think he would be entitled to a refund as the product was mostly "unused'. Two different issues that have little to do with each other.

5 or 50 hours how does it make any difference?

Just because you do not like the product or you no longer find the product worth the money does not make you entitled for a refund.

You are not guaranteed satisfaction so what you actually want to base your claim on?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Regardless of how much you've played the game you still have the right as a consumer to return the product if you deem it unsatisfactory

No, you don't.

Companies have often very loose refund policy(proof that consumer right laws are not needed) because the amount of refunds is usually very small. However, they are not obliged to provide a refund just based on your dissatisfaction.

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by CowboyHat

While I understand that 80 bucks is a lot for some people, I'm not sure in understand the point in asking for a refund. You played the game for quite a while. I Bought it and probably only played for 5 hours in total, but I would never ask for a refund. If you had asked for a refund immediately it would be different. I think the restaurant analogy is a bad one. Having bugs in your food is not really the same as bugs in the game.

That being said I'm sure there is a way for you to get your money back. I'm just saying it might not be the right thing to do.

That's just my 2 cents.

Many of the issues in the game you wouldn't truly know is happening without extensively playing as much of the issues are most notable later in the game. Regardless of how much you've played the game you still have the right as a consumer to return the product if you deem it unsatisfactory, faulty, or broken.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have the right to a refund. I just think that if I was in his position I wouldn't bother with one. I guess it is because I would be able to justify paying 80 bucks for ~30 hours of playtime. Its pretty cheap entertainment.

I'm just curious, but at what point in time is asking for a refund not okay? If they release craglorn and decide that  there are too many bugs, would you still be entitled to a refund? Even though it was not part of the original game?

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Originally posted by Necropsie

Well keep trying OP. I don't know where you live, but learn your legal rights as a customer and use them. File a complaint if necessary. Ask for legal help too, there are some costumer organizations who can help you with this.

As for all other "lol you are a thief" posts.. I read company lawyer claims against cases like this everyday because of my job and believe me, they are much nicer then you.

Learn your rights. Use your rights. Vote with your wallet.

Right, Zenimax is indeed breaking Consumer Protection laws by refusing refunds. Their company policies do not override laws that are in place. Also when they claim the product you've purchased (Elder Scrolls Online) as a service make sure to correct them. The account you're using and pay 14.99 is a service. However, the ~30GB file are goods that you've purchased.

What are your rights with regards to returns under consumer protection laws? IDK what this is in the US (assuming this person is from the US). Tibbs, did you end up getting a refund? 

I think that one of the biggest issues is that the OP turned this into a he said/she said issue. Zenimax has a ton of data to show that the user enjoyed the product, and played it for a substantial amount of time. Actually, the OP admitted here that they loved the game, but disliked some other factors. 

I think that if the OP had emailed Zenimax and said that he was really upset about the game and that he wanted a refund and didn't care if they had to delete his characters to get a refund, that may have done it. That basically shows that you're giving up all rights to the digital property that you claimed when you made the purchase. Personally, I wouldn't give up a toon after investing that much time, but that's just me. Plus it might get wiped at some point anyway. Anyway, without Zenimax's argument to PayPal we'll never really know why it went this way, but for digital goods it must have been a pretty good argument. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

This discussion has been closed.