Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Open Beta Dated - May 8-18th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of WildStar will be able to take part in the game's open beta that is slated to run for ten days from May 8-18th. In honor of the event, the level cap has been increased to 30 to allow players to experience more of the game than in any of the previous closed beta events. The WildStar team will be taking to the airwaves in special live stream event on Thursday, May 8th at 11:00 a.m. PST / 2:00 p.m. EST.

To kick off the Open Beta, we’re hosting a 30 minute LiveStream on our Twitch Channel on Thursday, May 8th. (http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar)  featuring the guys behind the game – Mike Donatelli, product director, Chad Moore, creative director, Stephen Frost, producer and voice of DevSpeak, and Matt Mocarski, development director. Not only will they give a state of the game update and share their thoughts on exactly why WildStar is going to kick ass and disrupt the MMO category at launch and beyond, but we’re going to answer some of the outstanding questions that have been regularly popping up in our forums. You will not want to miss this.

In addition to the LiveStream on Thursday, the team will be back on Friday with a six-hour developer LiveStream featuring a slew of content including Jeremy Gaffney talking to the challenges they’ve had to overcome to get this game ready for launch on June 3, play-by-play of some exciting raids and Warplot activity, a sneak peek into higher level Open Beta content and if we’re lucky, some post launch content gameplay. But, to top it off, we will be turning this into a massive social AMA, opening up every social platform to take questions – Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, Forums, Twitch, Vine and maybe even MySpace to name a few. 

Read more on the WildStar site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Wow, so soon! And people were complaining they didn't get an extra day for the issues last weekend. Well...here's 10 extra days :-p.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Wow, so soon! And people were complaining they didn't get an extra day for the issues last weekend. Well...here's 10 extra days :-p.

Well, it ain't going to be pretty if they cannot get the performance issues sorted! /sigh

I am not ditching the Graphics of this game as it has it's charm. But for a game with stylish graphics (no taxing highres textures, etc) it's horribly optimized! The framerates are all over the Place. :(

So I really hope they can get their act together and manage to push some much needed optimizations into the game before launch.

But as so far I have seen ZERO improvements in the last couple beta weekends, I am sadly not holding my breath. :(

• JemmytJemmyt Member UncommonPosts: 13
    JeroKane I can't agree more.

• MegashMegash Member UncommonPosts: 17
    i dunno but i lost interest in this game after a while. So i gave my key away ;3
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257

Well, last chance to convince me which is the MMO to purchase. I´m in a fence between Wildstar (still has not convinced me quite frankly) and Archage (which looks very interesting).

If I really can´t get into Wildstar again, my money is on a Archage founder´s pack to try beta.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by NoxiousBass

Well, last chance to convince me which is the MMO to purchase. I´m in a fence between Wildstar (still has not convinced me quite frankly) and Archage (which looks very interesting).

If I really can´t get into Wildstar again, my money is on a Archage founder´s pack to try beta.

Get both! Win/win!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Unless they have done something significant about the bad performance (which i doubt they have), the open beta will scare more people off than it will attract.

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    I don't see the live stream info on the official site ... was this from a press release or am I missing a link?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Has anyone information when the open beta starts?

Is it 0.00 UTC, or that 11.00 PST when their live stream event starts, or something in between? I would very much like to know to plan my schedule accordingly.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Well, it ain't going to be pretty if they cannot get the performance issues sorted! /sigh

I am not ditching the Graphics of this game as it has it's charm. But for a game with stylish graphics (no taxing highres textures, etc) it's horribly optimized! The framerates are all over the Place. :(

So I really hope they can get their act together and manage to push some much needed optimizations into the game before launch.

But as so far I have seen ZERO improvements in the last couple beta weekends, I am sadly not holding my breath. :(

Agreed I can run most games on high with no issues on my system but this game runs like crap on all settings no matter how I change them. I have hoped every beta weekend that would change but so far nothing has.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by Volgore
    Unless they have done something significant about the bad performance (which i doubt they have), the open beta will scare more people off than it will attract.

i dont get y people judge the entire lifespan of a game by the first month of launch. instead of expecting perfection just wait a month then play it. i know the game is gonna have performance issues and bugs but i also know it will b fixed. patience is a virtue wasted on the young.

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Yea the optimization is a problem. If it runs like it has in CB. I wont even touch this game. which sucks because it looks like a lot of fun.

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by derek39
    Yea the optimization is a problem. If it runs like it has in CB. I wont even touch this game. which sucks because it looks like a lot of fun.

What issues do people have with optimization? I've run this game on 3 different specs and it worked fine. Not superb, but fine.

So far, the only ones which are complaining are people with SLI's and people with unbalanced i7 and 30$ GPU configurations.

If your performance utterly sucks, please do share your specs. I really want to know.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by JeroKane

This. There is no reason a game with literally no textures should run the way it does. I would possibly consider the game (themepark and all) if the performance was better.

To the poster above. What does it matter what people's comp specs are. ESO and Darkfall are recent games with better gfx and better performance. There is no reason for ws to run like it does...even when running around solo.
  • Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102
    So will we get more boom boxes for logging in?
    Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I won´t be playing this time...neither at launch.

3 betas were enough to convince me that this game is not for me.

Have fun those who like it though!

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Volgore

QFT , i wanted to buy WS but the perfomance is what is stopping me to preorder it right away.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by DeniZg
    Originally posted by derek39

What issues do people have with optimization? I've run this game on 3 different specs and it worked fine. Not superb, but fine.

So far, the only ones which are complaining are people with SLI's and people with unbalanced i7 and 30$ GPU configurations.

If your performance utterly sucks, please do share your specs. I really want to know.

I7 2600K

8gigs of 1333mhz ddr3 ram

2gb 7850HD 2gb

Never could get decent stable performance. I chalked it up to being beta first couple weekends but it has not seemed to improve. Hopefully that will change.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I had a couple of disconnect issues but game performance was never an issue. Running at max settings, no drop in frame rate at all. Load time are awful though.

Wildstar was a pleasant surprise for me. Lore, world, and questing are tremendous fun. Some claim quests aren't innovative but was does that mean?
  • TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133
    The first couple of weekends, this game ran flawlessly. The last 2 beta weekends, I could barely get over 20 fps in ANY area. They have definitely screwed something up. I hope they get it worked out, because I have a fairly powerful machine that has no issues running any game released recently.
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

Dont know what people are talking about...

I have a 580GTX nvidia card, running wildstar with 30-60fps constantly, no drops no lag no packetloss. Most of the time really fast load times to, compared to eso  or swtor the load times are not even half as long, i would say loadtimes in wildstar are superfast.

When I run my twitch stream on second screeen, and utorrent dowloading some movies while playing the game, i get "some" delay/lag, but thats because my computer can't handle the load of all things at the same time. If i'm only running wildstar it runs smooth.

I don't want to tell people that their computers suck if they get bad performance in wildstar, cause thats probably not true, it could be so many reasons for some people to experience lag, but unlike other people here, I say if its working flawlessly for me, they will probably be able to make it run flawlessly for you.

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

I haven't had any major problems running the game and my system is several years old. I'm not sure what the rest of you are bitching about. I think you're setting your expectations too high and blaming the game for not matching the impossible standards you set for it.

That being said, unless we get to keep our characters when the game officially releases, it's going to be hard for me to play with characters I know are going to get wiped in a few weeks.

• EatonaroundEatonaround Member UncommonPosts: 6

I'm pretty stoked for the 10 open beta. It's giving a lot of my friends an opportunity to try it out since we all are trying to see if we'll have enough for a guild.

My dad has issues very briefly on his computer with the frame rate this past weekend so I know what people are speaking about. I haven't had any issues but I'm chalking that up to me being lucky the couple weekends I've played.

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

And yet, knowing that there could be a global nuclear meltdown during open beta, you will still try it.  Couldn't be any worse than the new Godzilla movie and it doesn't cost you a dime to see it.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I gave away my key also. The more i researched the game the more i hated it. And the community already sucks. I also heard that some peoples graphics cards would break down when playing this beta. That its so random that its a risk to play it.