Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gankfest?

13»

Comments

• JeepEscapeJeepEscape Member UncommonPosts: 64

I still don't get the fear of PvP some people have, and I'm not even a hardcore PvPer.  All my many, many years gaming, I've never had anyone grief me to the point where I wanted to cry about it.  

I'd rather have the thrill and immersion of a PvP server any day, than to run around bored, watching a movie on my other screen because the game is just a mindless solo-fest.  I can see why some people want that, but I prefer a little excitement in my MMOs.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by JeepEscape

I still don't get the fear of PvP some people have, and I'm not even a hardcore PvPer.  All my many, many years gaming, I've never had anyone grief me to the point where I wanted to cry about it.  

I'd rather have the thrill and immersion of a PvP server any day, than to run around bored, watching a movie on my other screen because the game is just a mindless solo-fest.  I can see why some people want that, but I prefer a little excitement in my MMOs.

PVPers always talk about how immersive it is, but typically what happens is, since people hate to lose to other players, they find the most immersion-breaking exploits available to gain an advantage.

I'm all for playing a game where PVP is legal, but just because it is legal doesn't mean it needs to be prevalent.  A sociopathic ganker wouldn't last a day in Game  of Thrones, for instance. I want an environment where PVP is rare and meaningful, griefers get nowhere, and responsible, clever players end up on top. 

• Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by JeepEscape

Well, ArcheAge will teach you a lesson about getting ganked and griefed. As long as you´re foolish enough to leav the safezones!