Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(ESO) Paypal Denies Reimbursement.

Comments

• ArcheAge2014ArcheAge2014 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Originally posted by Coman

It would not work for this I do not think it should work for a game that either your computer had conflicts with or you just did not like aspects of.

I really do not understand the "You computer had conflicts with" as longs as someones computer is at least the minimum specs then it's never the gamers fault the product does not work on there computer. That would actually be a very good reason to get a refund as the game does not work on a system they said it was suppose to work on 

I have had many games that my drivers, my parts, ingeneral something about my system setup caused conflicts.  For awhile AMD graphic drivers kicked me out of WoW years back...could not play.  Was not Blizzard's fault was AMD drivers changing something that they later patched up.  If the game was crashing in ways that was not common for the majority and he waited this long to ask for a refund...he has accepted the risk that the issue is on his end or something that he is going to wait for a patch to possibly fix.

Wait for fix on a gamebreaking cannot progress your character bugs?? Your the reason why there is so many crappy buggy mcbuggerton " quote from booogie2988 on youtube".  out in mmorpg industry. People like you dumps money on shitty product and companies know they can release it  really buggy. MMorpg players should take a stand with their wallet, and not get bullied by said company and their shoddy product.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Get in touch with Zeni, Im sure they will give your money back.

I wouldnt, you have had the game for a month now. You played it, you ate it. You pay for it.

If you thought it was a bad product, why oh why did it take you a month?

Very few MMOs launch with no bugs. I dont get it. Kids these days!

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Learn from this. When buying MMOs wait 6 months before making a purchase. By that time most of the issues will have been resolved and there will be enough reviews and comments out there to make an informed choice. The game way even be on it's way to F2P thus saving you from having to make any purchase at all.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

do open beta or free trials this will save you from buying somthing you dont like.

and never EVER pre purchase.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by ArcheAge2014
    Originally posted by Coman

It would not work for this I do not think it should work for a game that either your computer had conflicts with or you just did not like aspects of.

I really do not understand the "You computer had conflicts with" as longs as someones computer is at least the minimum specs then it's never the gamers fault the product does not work on there computer. That would actually be a very good reason to get a refund as the game does not work on a system they said it was suppose to work on 

I have had many games that my drivers, my parts, ingeneral something about my system setup caused conflicts.  For awhile AMD graphic drivers kicked me out of WoW years back...could not play.  Was not Blizzard's fault was AMD drivers changing something that they later patched up.  If the game was crashing in ways that was not common for the majority and he waited this long to ask for a refund...he has accepted the risk that the issue is on his end or something that he is going to wait for a patch to possibly fix.

Wait for fix on a gamebreaking cannot progress your character bugs?? Your the reason why there is so many crappy buggy mcbuggerton " quote from booogie2988 on youtube".  out in mmorpg industry. People like you dumps money on shitty product and companies know they can release it  really buggy. MMorpg players should take a stand with their wallet, and not get bullied by said company and their shoddy product.

Reading comprehension....I said if he had a what you call "gamebreaking" bug...and did not ask for the refund in the first say 2 weeks like others did and instead waited till his 30 days was all but done he has pretty much accepted the risk (risk of his money) to wait for the bug to be fixed.   Now if it is a driver or product on his own personal computer and waited that long there is no question the risk is on the consumer.  You buy a car and can not fit it in your garage...that is your fault not the car dealer.

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188

Paypal processed my dispute, and in less than 10 hours I got my refund.

Not sure what you did wrong.

• NoTxGooDNoTxGooD Member UncommonPosts: 15

This kind of stuff makes me sick what a bunch of scabs!

I would never buy a game and expect to get a refund unless the disc was broken or the game would not download at all.

[mod edit] play the game then realize its not your type and expect to get your money back cmon do your research. Even if there are bugs and other issues whatever cancel your sub and wait till its fixed don't cry for a refund.

there are problems like this with every game it takes time to work out the bugs.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Dear Jaguar,

I drove your car for 30 days and I did not feel the "drive the excitement".  I find your product to be broke and request my money back.  Sorry I put 6,000 miles on your car, but I am just not feeling it. 

Sincerely,

Horusra

Interestingly enough, I bought a gaming laptop from Sager and they gave me 30 days to try it out and return it before that deadline if I didn't care for it.  Would be nice if cars worked the same way, some dealers in my area give a 3 days return policy.

In the case of Zenimax, they don't actually promise refunds anywhere in their TOS, so you are at their good graces in terms of whether or not to grant you a refund.  Some folks they will, other's they won't , largely I suspect it's how long you play for and what sort of complaint you raise.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    Originally posted by olepi

Simple rules:

- never pre-purchase anything

- never purchase a game that hasn't been officially released

- never purchase a game until you have tried it, or read enough reviews after it has been released

- never ask for a refund.

Lol so your saying if a customer accidently bought a crap game they should not get their money back?

WOW, its like letting the game company anal rape your butt and you take it from the behind.

If i were OP, id done the same thing get my money back. I dont let crappy game companies anal rape me from behind.

Sorry like op i have principles.

That is exactly what I am saying. If you accidentally bought a crap game, it is your own fault. There were plenty of reviews, plenty of beta times to try the game out.  The way to stop a crappy game company from taking advantage of you is to not buy their game in the first place.

Only buy something if you know what you are buying.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187

A week and a half after launch, I put in a refund request for my digital Imperial edition bought from their website. A week later or so, Zenimax replied and gave me a full refund back to my CC no questions asked.

If it had been AFTER 30 days, I don't know if I would have gotten a refund or not but highly doubtful.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by olepi

Simple rules:

- never pre-purchase anything

- never purchase a game that hasn't been officially released

- never purchase a game until you have tried it, or read enough reviews after it has been released

- never ask for a refund.

Lol so your saying if a customer accidently bought a crap game they should not get their money back?

WOW, its like letting the game company anal rape your butt and you take it from the behind.

If i were OP, id done the same thing get my money back. I dont let crappy game companies anal rape me from behind.

Sorry like op i have principles.

There is no 'Accidently'. The game did not just fall on the register or into his shopping cart on Amazon.com. It was a conscious decision they made to purchase the game. If they found the product lacking they should not have waiting till the last minute to return it. OP made a conscious decision to buy the game as well as to keep it the full 30 days before asking for a refund. 

Nice use of the dramatics, but again wrong. It's not like letting the game company take sexual advantage of you. That would be paying $150 for a F2P title. But to each his own.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by dotdotdash

Originally posted by trancefate
    For anyone who was wondering, for the first time ever I have had a paypal dispute decided in favor of the seller. This is unprecedented, because as far as "product missing parts or not as advertised" claims go, this is by far the most blatantly broken piece of trash I have purchased. Sadly, Zenimax has lobbied paypal, and doesn't even respond to their emails anymore, giving paypal sole deliberation.

Dear ---- -----,We have concluded our investigation into this case. Unfortunately, at thistime we are unable to decide this claim in your favor.-----------------------------------Transaction Details-----------------------------------Seller's Name: Zenimax Online StudiosSeller's Email: [email protected]Seller's Transaction ID: 5TM39234GJ355510NTransaction Date: Mar 20, 2014Transaction Amount: -$79.99 USDInvoice ID: 655000191299Your Transaction ID: 2SB63073J49934307Case Number: PP-003-106-386-865Buyer's Transaction ID: 2SB63073J49934307Sincerely,PayPal

I got a refund on exactly the same grounds in the UK.

What I did was:

A) Contact Zenimax directly.
    B) Cite the specific clauses in consumer rights legislation in the UK (Sales of Goods Act and Statutory Rights). You will need to tailor this to your specific region. I have no idea what the relevant state or federal laws are covering this area, but there should be something prescribing some level of protection to consumers in such circumstances.
    C) Highlight specific problems and issues I was having with the game that would class it as a faulty product (at the time that I asked for the refund). I was very careful to state that the refund request was based on the state of the product at the time of the request and not subject to patches or updates after this time that fixed the issues that I was having.
    D) Uninstall all game files at the time of the request. I did not log into the game at all after I sent the request, so they could not cite access logs against me as "proof of usage".

48 hours later I received a full refund.

Did exactly the same from Aus. Zenimax's terms force customers to rescind their rights everywhere except in a few countries that laws don't allow it - USA not being one of them. First game I've ever sort a refund in over 20 years of gaming.

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by onlinenow25
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Awesome news glad to see this!!!

To many gamers trying to take advantage of Paypal... ESO is playable... They had the same issues as every other MMO at release, they have the right to fix it, if they don't they you deserve  your money back, they did..The game is fixed and everyone is playing... I know this because I could not play due to crashing at login and a few others. They also gave us our time back ..

So Paypal should not give any of you your money back!!!

You have never eaten at a restaurant and sent back food or gotten your money back because the food was terrible after you already tasted/tried it?

Same concept.

There is also more loss to a restaurant from you even touching the food because that product is now lost compared to someone disliking a game and getting their money back.  Zenimax or any company at that has no actual loss of product that needs to be paid for through an increase of sales.

Mmorpgs are not the same concept as a restaurant, those who use this analogy have no leg to stand on.

When was the last time you sat at a restaurant and before you ate they brought you 20+ pages of legal paperwork to read through?  Stop using this analogy it's ridiculous! 

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480

Originally posted by naami
    I see you lost $80. Buying the more expensive edition of a game you aren't 100% sure about is never a good idea. Next time be more careful with your money.

1) I'll get my $80 back, I promise you that.

2) I almost always buy the collectors edition, this is the first time I've ever asked for a refund on one.

I bought the expensive steak at dinner, if they burned I would return it just the same as the cheap steak.

Awesome! !! Great job fighting back and getting your money back. Hopefully send a message to the entire community too. Video games have gone to shit yet they are charging more and more. What Zenimax has done here should not go unoticed, they have pissed so many people off, kudos to people like you who make a statement by getting your money back. Job well done.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814

I will admit that I did get a refund one time: being a lover of RPG games, I bought Everquest when it first came out. When I got home and unpacked the box, it turned out you could not play the game, AT ALL, without a credit card. The box did say "credit card required for online play", but I had never heard of online play, and just wanted an RPG game, single player.

So I never loaded it, took it back, and got a refund. Not because I didn't like it, not because it was a crappy game, but because I  literally could not play it at all. I then educated myself on the new phenomenon of online games, and bought DAOC. I still think that was a good choice :)

13 years later, game companies now come out with goodies if you "pre-purchase". Then people get the game, decide they don't like it, and ask for a refund. To me, it seems ridiculous.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

For anyone who was wondering, for the first time ever I have had a paypal dispute decided in favor of the seller. This is unprecedented, because as far as "product missing parts or not as advertised" claims go, this is by far the most blatantly broken piece of trash I have purchased. Sadly, Zenimax has lobbied paypal, and doesn't even respond to their emails anymore, giving paypal sole deliberation.

Dear ---- -----,

We have concluded our investigation into this case. Unfortunately, at this
    time we are unable to decide this claim in your favor.

-----------------------------------
    Transaction Details
    -----------------------------------

Seller's Name: Zenimax Online Studios
    Seller's Email: [email protected]
    Seller's Transaction ID: 5TM39234GJ355510N

Transaction Date: Mar 20, 2014
    Transaction Amount: -$79.99 USD
    Invoice ID: 655000191299
    Your Transaction ID: 2SB63073J49934307
    Case Number: PP-003-106-386-865

Buyer's Transaction ID: 2SB63073J49934307

Sincerely,
    PayPal

actually its a good thing...

It requires a judge to decide if your claim is right..  

To me and to the companies it feels like an unjust thing, that people get their money back after playing a game for like 100 hours ...   

And there are some bugs indeed, but nothing sensational gamebreaking in the long run. You should have considered this when you bought an MMO pre release.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

This thread really represents everything wrong with the consumer. The rest of us who do our research and expect that a product we buy might not live up to all our expectations are probably paying more to make up for the refund happy. OP probably tries to get a refund every time he is done playing an MMO.

Based on the OPs requirements, I could find a reason to get a refund on any single MMO at launch.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

I have zero sympathy for the OP.

I have no problem with people asking for refunds. Hey if you can get one, good for you. But to come here whinging on the forums that you didn't get a refund makes you sound like a baby crying about spilled milk.

You are not the first person to drop cash on something crap. Grow up.

Or if you have a real problem you could always start a lawsuit. Good luck with that one!

O_o o_O

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

My bank failed also... but... I am not asking for a refund for the actual purchase but the extra charge of the monthly subscription whcih was charged by simply having an active subscription.

So i paid for an extra month which i did not use, or plan on using, since I currently do not have an active subscription before my free 30 days are over.

My bank is retarded I beleive, or simply have no power. At first they wanted me to file it as fraud by ESO... but I wanted them to investigate.

Retards like to make big accusations before they even understand what an MMO is, and how the subscription system works. They do not seem intent on making the necessary work to investigate. However, ESO is wrong at this point, but the actual reason might not be fraud, but something accidental.

I wonder what I should do in my case? Should I talk to ESO directly? Or go back ot my bank again?

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by IncomparableSo i paid for an extra month which i did not use, or plan on using, since I currently do not have an active subscription before my free 30 days are over.

So,you consciously purchased a product and you ask for a refund just because you did not use the product?

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    PayPal is a good service that has no choice but to stop buyers from exploiting the claims they didn't get the item paid for. ESO is available to play once you buy the title & patch it up. If you think you got ripped off get in touch with Zenimax & complain to them.

I sometimes use eBay or Half I might run into a seller who promises me an item that never ships or he/she keeps promising it's in the mail but can't provide me with any tracking info. then I have no choice but to get the refund process rolling from Paypal. If however you bought it, received the item, played it and then just turn around and say well that sucked I want a refund there's not a whole lot you can expect from Paypal as far as ruling in your favor.

A friend of mine who used to play UO has a rule of thumb when it comes to new mmo's and that is wait six months before buying simply to avoid the headaches of titles that need more time to fix & balance the world. I rarely follow his advice but it does make sense especially if there are so many unsatisfied players popping up in the current marketplace. Perhaps Zenimax could continue boost its image by offerring up more free game time to players who find ESO too troublesome to play in its current state. Either way if the game bothers you it's best to use up any time you have left and move on. Good luck.
  • AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    MMO locust and exploiter of right of return. Shame on you!
  • KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

I just enjoy how people are no longer just disappointed by a game, as it goes straight to "THE MOST BROKEN THING THAT EVER GRACED THIS EARTH. WHOEVER CREATED THIS IS PROOF THAT DEMONS ARE SENT FROM HELL TO TORTURE US".

You bought the game. You played it; You didn't like it. Move the f on.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Where are you from? EU laws allow you to get a refund within a reasonable time frame - 14 days i think. You should even get them from websites that state no refunds or other crap to try and get you to think asking for one is pointless.

If all else fails try and get the bank on the phone explain you got scammed and say you take full responsibility for the action. I did this once for SWTOR to reverse a sub fee charge after i canceled and i still got charged the next month, as long as you do it fast its ok.

But yes all this should have been done a while ago not one month after the fact... you most likely waited for paypal to give you an answer next time at least you know what to do.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Incomparable

My bank failed also... but... I am not asking for a refund for the actual purchase but the extra charge of the monthly subscription whcih was charged by simply having an active subscription.

So i paid for an extra month which i did not use, or plan on using, since I currently do not have an active subscription before my free 30 days are over.

My bank is retarded I beleive, or simply have no power. At first they wanted me to file it as fraud by ESO... but I wanted them to investigate.

Retards like to make big accusations before they even understand what an MMO is, and how the subscription system works. They do not seem intent on making the necessary work to investigate. However, ESO is wrong at this point, but the actual reason might not be fraud, but something accidental.

I wonder what I should do in my case? Should I talk to ESO directly? Or go back ot my bank again?

You should always talk to the company first and see if they will resolve it. For one, they won't ban your account that way, but a charge back might.

I believe when you dispute a charge it is always filed as a "fraudulent charge" and then the bank investigates from there.

This discussion has been closed.