Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(ESO) Paypal Denies Reimbursement.

Comments

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

No MMO is ever released without bugs and server issues. When you buy an MMO game at release you have got to know this. Your not new to MMO's and have been at this web site enough to have read this. How would you expect things to be different?

It is a shame you do not like the game, find the bugs or server issues to be to much, but really, just move on. Lesson learned. Not every game you buy you will like and you can not expect to always get your money back after cracking your CD Key.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by AreWeLive

No MMO is ever released without bugs and server issues. When you buy an MMO game at release you have got to know this. Your not new to MMO's and have been at this web site enough to have read this. How would you expect things to be different?

It is a shame you do not like the game, find the bugs or server issues to be to much, but really, just move on. Lesson learned. Not every game you buy you will like and you can not expect to always get your money back after cracking your CD Key.

And this should be considered a norm why?

What about other business practices.  Should it be alright for other types of business' to sell unfinished buggy/broken products?

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

seriously.... don't buy games if you don't know if you like em or not?

"uh a new mmo! i will buy it and if it sucks (or i am missing the skills to rock in it) i just give it back and haha!"

yea, i don't like your kind

ps: this "product" i neither unfinished, nor broken. get over it. it works. not for you? yea, must be the game, only logical conclusion..... (or not)

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by onlinenow25And this should be considered a norm why?

Because it is a nature of extreme complexity computer software represents. ESO consist of millions lines of code, it will have bugs, you like it or not.

Expecting anything else is unreasonable.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I don't believe in asking for refunds if you got to play the game unless its an extreme situation (where the game can't open or load), or is simply horrendous.  You'll know this within a short period of time. 

While I am disappointed with ESO the more and more I play it, I did get some enjoyment from it.  Was it worth the $60?  Absolutely not.  Is it worth a subscription at this point?  IMO absolutely not.  I cancelled before sub.  The only reason why I would dispute a claim at this point is if they tried to charge me for a month of time I did not participate in or want.

Bottom line is, PC Gamers need to be more vocal with their initial payments.  Not during or after.  Stop buying in.  Stop "waiting to see". Be skeptical, be wary, be a critical, and be vocal (regardless of what butt hurt fans, and paid off editorial websites say).

Getting beat for cash behind cruddy unfinished games isn't baller even if you have it to lose.  It makes you a mark.  There are people who proudly exalt how they've spent thousands on pieces of shit like Firefall, while the execs take mental notes.  Shitty games keep getting through because of dumb gamers with disposable income.

Don't use Paypal. Use your credit/debit cards. Don't buy games to "see" how it will turn out. If it looks shit, wait until it's proven otherwise. The burden is on the Developer and Publisher. MMOs launch badly as a norm because the fans allow it.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

What I do not understand is that the OP claims the game does not work at all that he could never get the game to work, 

yet talking out the other side of his mouth complains about all the broken features of the game and pvp issues.

How would he know about all the bugs and such and pvp issues if he never got the game to launch as he claims?

Still that being said returns should be based on return policy. 

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

You can talk to paypal. They are very reasonable if you get them on the phone. When you do that they almost always side with you.

You can also go through your credit card company. They want you to be happy so you will stay with them.

Hopes that helps.

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by psiic

What I do not understand is that the OP claims the game does not work at all that he could never get the game to work, 

yet talking out the other side of his mouth complains about all the broken features of the game and pvp issues.

How would he know about all the bugs and such and pvp issues if he never got the game to launch as he claims?

Still that being said returns should be based on return policy. 

You obviously didn't read the post...

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Creatorzim

You can talk to paypal. They are very reasonable if you get them on the phone. When you do that they almost always side with you.

You can also go through your credit card company. They want you to be happy so you will stay with them.

Hopes that helps.

You are 100% correct, paypal has had me send a dispute through my linked bank account, and the manager I spoke to has informed me that Zenimax has relieved themselves of any duties involving disputes.

REPHRASE: If a bank asks for the money back, paypal will AUTOMATICALLY DO SO BECAUSE ZENIMAX UNDERSTANDS THEY HAVE NO GROUND TO STAND ON.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

I suspect that the OP may have seen this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/410977/page/1

where someone says they got a refund from paypal. I pointed out several times in this thread that paypal do not cover virtual items such as online games with their dispute system and that in my opinion the OP of that thread was not telling the truth . 

This thread pretty much confirms it . Personally I think Paypal should cover them in certain cases or make it clearer that they don't . Its not  the first time it has been denied . Every such claim is automatically denied . 

In this case rightly so .

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

Based on the responses of the OP, they fully understood the issues the game had and still purchased the game and proceeded to play.

That speaks volumes about the type of person the OP is. And more than likely has a habit of this type of behavior.

• CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by trancefate
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Why did you not ask for a refund right from the start from Zenimax ? Why wait and try to get it from Paypal ? You should have done it within the first week. How long did you wait ? You played the full 30 days right then you deserve not getting the money.

To respond to you and the other completely incorrect and ignorant comments here, I tried VERY hard to make this game work. Tried to the point of giving them multiple weeks to fix known issues 100% halting progress, to no avail.

For the record, I did ask for a refund well before the grace period was over, 21 days in to be exact.

Here is the copy pasta.

"The product was significantly not as described. Ignoring significant ammounts of downtime creating large times of complete unplayability, there were issues that completely precluded participating in the content I paid for. Every single attempt at a forray into cyrrodil has ended in chain crashes, I had to re-install three times and this problem still persists. Frequent duping has destroyed the game economy, three well known ones within a week. Guild bank and mail functionality have been down for a significant ammount of time. My character was stuck for greater than two weeks time unable to progress because of a known and unfixed issue in the main story quest. Bots run rampant and can be seen EVERYWHERE. Gold spammers fill my in game mail and chat boxes continuously. But more than anything: I was more often than not UNABLE to play your game or progress to the content I paid for due to bugs and instability."

Keep in mind, I paid $80 for a workable, long term, MMORPG. Not for a single player RPG with broken PVP, no player interaction, broken mail, broken bank, bots, multiple economy destroying gold/item dupes that have been intentionally left in since beta, and bugs that literally halt progression through 4/5 (all veteran zones, cyrrodil, and eventually craglorn) of the game.

SO yeah, I guess i'd take an 80% reimbursement since I was able to complete about 20% of the content I paid for....

TLDR: I'm not asking for a refund because I didn't like the game; quite contrarily the game was great, their release and backend were so garbage they completely denied service and playability to many customers, myself included.

They reason they didn't side with you is because your entire argument and actions are bullshit. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I give in and come to these sites because I hope to see some interesting news and then I threads like yours and I go "no don't do it" and then I click anyways.  You're not entitled to a refund after playing for a month. Wow haha just wow.

• Proudsoul1Proudsoul1 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Give this man his cockroack pasta money back!

But really you should have asked for your money back earlier. At what point did you realize it was a as you said a single player game with broken PvP? It seems to me you feel you are entitled to your money back because you didnt do your research but I am wondering did you at any point Beta the game? ...read up on the gamer? ...watch anything about the game? I personally did my research and after spending a few days in Beta I realized this was not the game we all hoped it was and did not buy it. I do hope next time you decide to pre-order a game you do your research.

Oh P.S. there is a wonderful Transformers pre-order for ONLY $449.99 I wonder will you be ordering this one?

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Awesome news glad to see this!!!

To many gamers trying to take advantage of Paypal... ESO is playable... They had the same issues as every other MMO at release, they have the right to fix it, if they don't they you deserve  your money back, they did..The game is fixed and everyone is playing... I know this because I could not play due to crashing at login and a few others. They also gave us our time back ..

So Paypal should not give any of you your money back!!!

when I got a refund the first dungeon was unplayable, there were zone roll backs every few hours all your progress was lost, and there has since been proven extreme duping and hacking issues.

Please explain how these problems are not refund worthy?

They are.

ESO is in dire need of a 'reborning' the way FF14 did when it first launched. 

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

The OP posted this 4 days before this post.

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6311334#6311334"; href="http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6311334#6311334"; edit"="">TESO: It's not me, it's you

File a paypal dispute lengthily explaining the inability to play, or progress due to bugs. This isn't even mentioning THREE widely known dupes in one week (two were in since beta and WELL known).

I filed for product not as advertised (missing parts) and PayPal has refunded my $80

5/01/14 9:18:30 AM

So he got his money back in one post and then creates another one saying he didn't get his money back. I can only conclude he was so sure he would get his many back due to having done this a few times before.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Awesome news glad to see this!!!

To many gamers trying to take advantage of Paypal... ESO is playable... They had the same issues as every other MMO at release, they have the right to fix it, if they don't they you deserve  your money back, they did..The game is fixed and everyone is playing... I know this because I could not play due to crashing at login and a few others. They also gave us our time back ..

So Paypal should not give any of you your money back!!!

when I got a refund the first dungeon was unplayable, there were zone roll backs every few hours all your progress was lost, and there has since been proven extreme duping and hacking issues.

Please explain how these problems are not refund worthy?

They are.

ESO is in dire need of a 'reborning' the way FF14 did when it first launched. 

I don't think you understand what FF14 being reborn actually meant...

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338

For anyone who was wondering, for the first time ever I have had a paypal dispute decided in favor of the seller. This is unprecedented, because as far as "product missing parts or not as advertised" claims go, this is by far the most blatantly broken piece of trash I have purchased. Sadly, Zenimax has lobbied paypal, and doesn't even respond to their emails anymore, giving paypal sole deliberation.

Dear ---- -----,

We have concluded our investigation into this case. Unfortunately, at this
    time we are unable to decide this claim in your favor.

-----------------------------------
    Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Zenimax Online Studios
    Seller's Email: [email protected]
    Seller's Transaction ID: 5TM39234GJ355510N

Transaction Date: Mar 20, 2014
    Transaction Amount: -$79.99 USD
    Invoice ID: 655000191299
    Your Transaction ID: 2SB63073J49934307
    Case Number: PP-003-106-386-865

Buyer's Transaction ID: 2SB63073J49934307

Sincerely,
    PayPal

You apparently haven't played X:Rebirth then lol.

• ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    You should have talked to Zenimax after paypal denied you, I heard they are very lax on it's refund policy. It's also hard to believe the people in here would have reacted positively or helpfully to this thread.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

For anyone who was wondering, for the first time ever I have had a paypal dispute decided in favor of the seller. This is unprecedented, because as far as "product missing parts or not as advertised" claims go, this is by far the most blatantly broken piece of trash I have purchased. Sadly, Zenimax has lobbied paypal, and doesn't even respond to their emails anymore, giving paypal sole deliberation.

Dear ---- -----,

We have concluded our investigation into this case. Unfortunately, at this
    time we are unable to decide this claim in your favor.

Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Zenimax Online Studios
    Seller's Email: [email protected]
    Seller's Transaction ID: 5TM39234GJ355510N

Transaction Date: Mar 20, 2014
    Transaction Amount: -$79.99 USD
    Invoice ID: 655000191299
    Your Transaction ID: 2SB63073J49934307
    Case Number: PP-003-106-386-865

Buyer's Transaction ID: 2SB63073J49934307

Sincerely,
    PayPal

One major flaw I have seen in your argument is just about everyone I know that asked zenimax for a refund before 2 weeks was up got one.  They even gave paypal the ability to just refund it without question at one point.

So here is my question how many hours did you play? 5, 10, 15 or more show me zenimax's response to when you emailed them the first time saying you would like a refund?

They have had given a lot of refunds, and I don't really feel bad for you.  You got what you paid for, after week 2 they had the main quest lines working.  Yeah there are side quest bugs but they took the servers down to fix them.  So what faction where you?  I know you could do all of AD side to include every quest by week 3.  Completed them all.

Maybe next time try a game before you buy it or do your research first.  So tired of seeing all the stupid hate threads about every game that is released, not just this one.

• RejakuRejaku Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by loopback1199
    You apparently haven't played X:Rebirth then lol.

You had to go ahead and open up that wound again. Talk about a horrible broken mess.

ESO is nowhere near the same ballpark.

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

I skipped most of page two, so I apologize if I missed anything.

I'm curious if the OP played beta. If so, this is a good time to use it to test any possible conflicts, your enjoyment, AND their game for them. You purchased the CE prior to the final beta weekend, so I'm pretty sure you had access. This would have been a great time to find out Cyrodill didn't load properly for you. IF you did I would probably adjust you 80% number - not that refunds really work like that anyway.

- Nellus

• OP a month after you bought the game is not the time to ask for a refund. A friend of mine got it at launch and was fully refunded using paypal when he refunded after only 3 days. Probably like 10 hours of played time total. There is no conspiracy from Zos to deny all paypal refunds. 
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Dear Jaguar,

I drove your car for 30 days and I did not feel the "drive the excitement".  I find your product to be broke and request my money back.  Sorry I put 6,000 miles on your car, but I am just not feeling it. 

Sincerely,

Horusra

It would not work for this I do not think it should work for a game that either your computer had conflicts with or you just did not like aspects of.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Horusra

It would not work for this I do not think it should work for a game that either your computer had conflicts with or you just did not like aspects of.

I really do not understand the "You computer had conflicts with" as longs as someones computer is at least the minimum specs then it's never the gamers fault the product does not work on there computer. That would actually be a very good reason to get a refund as the game does not work on a system they said it was suppose to work on 

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Coman
    Originally posted by Horusra

I really do not understand the "You computer had conflicts with" as longs as someones computer is at least the minimum specs then it's never the gamers fault the product does not work on there computer. That would actually be a very good reason to get a refund as the game does not work on a system they said it was suppose to work on 

I have had many games that my drivers, my parts, ingeneral something about my system setup caused conflicts.  For awhile AMD graphic drivers kicked me out of WoW years back...could not play.  Was not Blizzard's fault was AMD drivers changing something that they later patched up.  If the game was crashing in ways that was not common for the majority and he waited this long to ask for a refund...he has accepted the risk that the issue is on his end or something that he is going to wait for a patch to possibly fix.

This discussion has been closed.