Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game worth playing?

VolumendsVolumends Member UncommonPosts: 41

Ahoy gamers!

I've played so many games in last 10 years that I can't even remember tham all. But I know that now there isn't game worth playing. After 10 years of online gaming I can call myself quite skilled player. In last year I only had fun with one game and that isn't good. New games are easy, friendly and not challenging. I'm not looking for games like wow, eso, rift and this easy games.

What I'm looking for:

Hard game

f2p

fear of death (ingame, hehe)

full loot by others

challenge

end game

Games I most played enjoyed:

UO - shard Endor (quit because of small player base)

Fallout online - different shards (quit because of no endgame)

Atlantica online (quit because of biggest p2w in history)

GW2 (quit because of no endgame)

Thanks for all suggestions and help!

MSI GE70 - i7-4700MQ, GeForce GT 750M, 8gb ram, 750gb 7200RPM HDD and 128gb SSD

Comments

• freakkyfreakky Member UncommonPosts: 113
    I would wait on archage. Not full loot by what I have seen but there is some good ship pvp with trading packs and destroying other peoples boat. I'm waiting on it but might wait till it goes full release rather then paying extra to play it early.
    Good lucks and have fun. 
  • akiel123akiel123 Member UncommonPosts: 21

I agree with you completely :D

You should check it Trials of Ascension I would categorize it as hard, it has an 'unlimited trial' (f2p) that limits you to being a human, you should definately fear death, it has full loot when you die or are knocked unconcious and you can build a kingdom if you have nothing else to do ;) Plus a lot of other awesome features, including planned Dragon race, Innovations and Dynamic Spawning.

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189

EVE Online. Match with everything you're looking for, except that it is sci-fi environment - and it's not F2P. Else, you might have to give ArcheAge a go.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    ArcheAge
  • lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• RageGoriaRageGoria Member UncommonPosts: 61
    albion online, game has full loot. that means you'll fear of death.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Out of those recommended, most are not released.  I think H&H is dead (at least the last time I tried to play it).  Darkfall UW fits your bill, but it is not free.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• VveaponVveapon Member Posts: 1
    Definitely try Darkfall, its a challenging game at first, can be frustrating. Try to link up with people as soon as you can.
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Most AAA titles probably won't fit your tastes. Darkfall might, but I always thought there was a difference between games that Roleplayed your PvP encounters vs games that are a purely random gank-fest; realm vs realm, good; kingdom vs. kingdom, good; good vs bad, good; a random dude of the same race, class and city ganking you while you shop at a vendor - really bad.

For most of the reasons you mentioned above, and the one I also gave, Uncharted Waters Online was a fun game that kept me busy for quite a while. If it wasn't for the corporate abuse, mismanagement and complete imbalancing the game suffered under Netmarble, I'd still be playing it. Heard they changed companies though, so we'll have to see how that goes.

I also posted a link for a MUD I'm trying to get people back into. I didn't create it, but I did play it for several years. It has everything you're talking about, plus more (total open pvp system with only player-rules in effect for instance). Only two downsides are; there's no one playing it at the moment and it's text based (if you're not a fan). I linked to it here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/411962/A-fun-experiment-to-revive-a-classic.html

• VolumendsVolumends Member UncommonPosts: 41

Hello again,

thanks for all the suggestions. 

Darkfall - I don't want to pay for game which I would be playing 1 or 2 moths. But maybe I will give it a try.

Albion online - for this game I'm looking forward. But it seems that release date won't be in 2014.

ArcheAge - this game I have on my list too. But it is only in alpha now. I have to wait for open beta or full release.

Trials of Ascension - it is still i development but looks interesting

Conclusion: I will have probably wait for some new games and stuck to RPG now :-)

MSI GE70 - i7-4700MQ, GeForce GT 750M, 8gb ram, 750gb 7200RPM HDD and 128gb SSD

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Volumends

Ahoy gamers!

I've played so many games in last 10 years that I can't even remember tham all. But I know that now there isn't game worth playing. After 10 years of online gaming I can call myself quite skilled player. In last year I only had fun with one game and that isn't good. New games are easy, friendly and not challenging. I'm not looking for games like wow, eso, rift and this easy games.

What I'm looking for:

Hard game >> pacman

f2p >>packman

fear of death (ingame, hehe) >> euh... pacman

full loot by others......even packman isnt perfect.

challenge >> packman

end game >> you will never see it in packman :p

Games I most played enjoyed:

UO - shard Endor (quit because of small player base)

Fallout online - different shards (quit because of no endgame)

Atlantica online (quit because of biggest p2w in history)

GW2 (quit because of no endgame)

Thanks for all suggestions and help!