Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best themepark mmorpg in years?

WildbeardWildbeard Member UncommonPosts: 137

It sure as hell is for me.

Damn,  i really  love  this game.

....love the graphics , been amazed and have been standing still so many times just staring

the combat feel awesome, blocking dodging, heavy attack , light attack , etc

stories are so good ...makes me laugh or feel sad, or feel epic...

pvp , best there is atm

first time i ever crafted aswell ...great system

thank you zenimax...

there is still lots of room for improvement , but your doing it great in my book

i rarely post on forums , but i simply do not understand the new level of hating that has arisen for a game i consider the best i ever done .

some people spend so much energy hating on someone loving.

Why you hef to be mad???

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Wildbeard

Damn,  i really  love  this game.

....love the graphics , been amazed and have been standing still so many times just staring

stories are so good ...makes me laugh or feel sad, or feel epic...

pvp , best there is atm

first time i ever crafted aswell ...great system

thank you zenimax...

there is still lots of room for improvement , but your doing it great in my book

i rarely post on forums , but i simply do not understand the new level of hating that has arisen for a game i consider the best i ever done .

some people spend so much energy hating on someone loving.

Why you hef to be mad???

-Because I disagree. 

I see ESO as a cash grab and a ton of wasted potential.

On the graphics and music and voice acting- Top notch. The World is stunning imho. Just bland and boring. Pretty colors and great visuals are nice but should be secondary to gameplay.

So we will have to agree to disagree.

Ummm- On the best "theme park" in years- You MAY be right. But imho that isnt saying much.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Best themepark MMORPG in the world!

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196

OP what level are you in ESO?

• PalaziousPalazious Member Posts: 162
    IMO, the best quest based themepark MMORPG ever created.

Palazious <The Vindicators> Darkfall
    Palazious r40, rr45 SW War
    Palazious 50 Pirate PoTBS
    Palazious 35 Sorcerer Vanguard
    Palazious 75 wizard EQ
    Paladori 50 Champion LOTRO
    Poppa Reaver bugged at rank15

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    I quite like it but I have different number one and two as the best theme parks. 
  • GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Haters these days are nothing but wanna be hipsters.  They think they're cool by saying things like, 'oh, it doesn't have underwater combat, crappy game' or, ' <insert_fav_mmo> has got a better <insert_gameMechanic>'. They'll find any reason not to like something. It's what gives this type of person an ego they can live with. Fact is, this is the best MMO in years. Best graphics, best combat, best questing system, great leveling. Honestly, what is there not to like? What is great is that there are very few haters out there. The majority of those who've tried the game love it.
  • BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

You must be playing ln the US server, for us in EU its dodging hmm responded 5sec later, attack, hmmm 1, 2, 3 dont react... Ohhhh Im dead.... Again... Sigh.... there is another 137 gold in repair.

----

----

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Bigboo

You must be playing ln the US server, for us in EU its dodging hmm responded 5sec later, attack, hmmm 1, 2, 3 dont react... Ohhhh Im dead.... Again... Sigh.... there is another 137 gold in repair.

Combat for me is fine. Around a second delay which I'm fine with. You get the occasional lag obviously.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Gaeluian
    Haters these days are nothing but wanna be hipsters.  They think they're cool by saying things like, 'oh, it doesn't have underwater combat, crappy game' or, ' has got a better '. They'll find any reason not to like something. It's what gives this type of person an ego they can live with. Fact is, this is the best MMO in years. Best graphics, best combat, best questing system, great leveling. Honestly, what is there not to like? What is great is that there are very few haters out there. The majority of those who've tried the game love it.

Just the one point- Where are you getting this from?

Even if true- The majority of people wil generally love EVERY NEW MMO for the first few months. Its called the 'honeymoon phase' so discussing how much you "love" it and that its the best thing ever and you wil "be playing for years" (all quotes I have read here btw) is silly.

The same goes for any relationship of any sort really. They always start wonderfully and everything she does is cute and wonderful. Slowly the 'cute' things start to annoy you. 3 months later you have had enough and have no idea what you ever saw in her. Granted, its a sloppy analogy but quite true with many things especially MMORPGs.

The sheer amount of "hate" or people not liking  the game (myself among them) is quite worrying for a game that is not yet a month old.

The test for all these things wil be determined within a year. Anything else is speculation. These game hoppers who get caught up in hype and marketing and then think they must spread the gospel and defend their sacred game (similar to the old Nike vs Addidis fights which sometimes happened in schoolyards in the 1980s) will all have moved on to the next shiny they will profess love for and claim to be playing for "years".

An MMORPG is about longevity not some box sales for folks who sway whichever way the wind blows.

So hopefully you will be singing the praises of ESO in a year. Right now you SHOUL be as you are new to a game world. The problem is, many are not feeling the same and thats a huge red flag for a new subscription game.

• V-SalubriV-Salubri Member Posts: 7

And the award for Best Hyperbole Sample of the Day goes to.................... Bigboo!

/golfclap

On topic: You'll get a huge amount of crap for enjoying a game around here (I know, we exist in bizzaro world), but I do agree with you Wildbeard. 

• WildbeardWildbeard Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by V-Salubri

And the award for Best Hyperbole Sample of the Day goes to.................... Bigboo!

/golfclap

On topic: You'll get a huge amount of crap for enjoying a game around here (I know, we exist in bizzaro world), but I do agree with you Wildbeard. 

i play from EU

lag is fine for me....very occasional combat disconnect for a bit....overall nothing annoying....didnt get me killed sofar.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

No, not really. It's OK... nothing special. If it was the best I wouldn't have had to force myself to play it.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

Winning at the Special Olympics.

ESO, the best of the worst. There hasn't been a good Themepark MMO in a long time. Just a lot of bland garbage.

• WildbeardWildbeard Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by mbd1968

No, not really. It's OK... nothing special. If it was the best I wouldn't have had to force myself to play it.

you could always play what is the best for you ....right?

i am not gonna spend time going on wow forums expressing my opinion about their game.....though it does give me a chuckle to see the hate from some players seeing what games they play.

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

/golfclap

Thks and at least I get something, not just repairs...

How would anyone call it an EU server when its located in the US?? Its plain BS.

And the lag is awful.

----

----

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

/golfclap

How is that hyperbole? A poster said combat feel is awesome, another retorted with an opposing experience?

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

Just wait until you hit Veteran Rank and that tone will change.

I was in absolute love with the game right until i hit 50 (VR1).

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I would say, personally, that Rift was and is better.

So, no.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    I would certainly say so, the old school systems and 3 faction PvP make it shine. Best since Lotro launched 7 years ago I would say.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    BEST SANDPARK IN YEARS!
  • karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000
    It is fun and I should get a few months out of it since I only get maybe 2 hours a week. Bots are an issue so I hope they are all sterilized.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    not for me,ESO is just one more fantasy mmo on market ,nothing else
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    I think so.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I would say, personally, that Rift was and is better.

So, no.

Rift combat is horrible.. same old tab target.. sterile gameplay with lackluster skills and combat animation.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    I prefer both RIFT & SWTOR tbh. ESO for me is a mediocre game, but that's me. Others may find it superb :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2