Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

archeage is the best mmorpg 2014.

1235»

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by summitus
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Yeah it seems they will try to latch on to anything to try to inflate their own skewed idea of what this game is like.

And as you say Archeage has more scope and vision than most other games around at the moment.

And if ESO or Wildstar were even half as good as Archeage , they probably wouldn't have  such a turkey on their hands.

Ahh, you caught me before I had the chance to edit that down for clarity!!

But, yes, if I was a Western dev launching games like we are seeing right now (specifically ESO and WS, but especially ESO with it's super budget), I would be embarressed looking at something like AA.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    150€ founders pack? No, thanks.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Archeage, Game of the Year 2012.... :-)

Maybe you should be more worried, seeing as you guys want to keep going on with this 'GOTY 2012' joke, about the current state of Western MMOs when an 'old' game can come along to this market and curb stomp games like WS and ESO sooo badly.

If either of those 'newer' titles had the scope, ambition, imagination, and accomplishment of AA, I would be as excited for them.

But they haven't, so I am not. Which is surprising seeing as AA is so 'old' and all.

Think you're missing the whole point. People keep talking about it being a "new" game, when it isn't one. That's just a  simple fact. Sure, it will be new to the west, but it has also been available in other regions for well over a year now and has had the chance o change things that were needed, fix issues, add things, etc just like any other game that has been out for over a year. The "alpha" of AA is not an actual alpha, as it is an already released finished product. The translations / conversions to suit a western release is the only thing that's new.

It's the equivalent of taking a game that is already popular in the western market, let's just say WoW, and releasing it in China or something and claiming "OMG this new game World of Warcraft is so amazing", when we all know it's NOT a new game and will not be in the same shape as it was on the actual launch of the game.

Originally posted by maji

It's not for everyone. Nps buddy, you can play for free at launch :)

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Maybe you should be more worried, seeing as you guys want to keep going on with this 'GOTY 2012' joke, about the current state of Western MMOs when an 'old' game can come along to this market and curb stomp games like WS and ESO sooo badly.

If either of those 'newer' titles had the scope, ambition, imagination, and accomplishment of AA, I would be as excited for them.

But they haven't, so I am not. Which is surprising seeing as AA is so 'old' and all.

Think you're missing the whole point. People keep talking about it being a "new" game, when it isn't one /snipped for clarity and redundant repetition of what we all already know

I have not seen anyone call it a 'new' game... I might have missed that though I admit, so please feel free to quote it or whatever. I haven't seen anyone deny or misrepresent that it has been launched elsewhere previously before.

Buuut is IS a new release in the Western market, and therefore clearly eligible to be considered for the GOTY 2014 title in that market.

That is all that is being said, so, no, I don't think I am missing any kind of 'point'.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Think you're missing the whole point. People keep talking about it being a "new" game, when it isn't one /snipped for clarity and redundant repetition of what we all already know

I have not seen anyone call it a 'new' game... I might have missed that though I admit, so please feel free to quote it or whatever. I haven't seen anyone deny or misrepresent that it has been launched elsewhere previously before.

Buuut is IS a new release in the Western market, and therefore clearly eligible to be considered for the GOTY 2014 title in that market.

That is all that is being said, so, no, I don't think I am missing any kind of 'point'.

Aion was exactly the same , and nobody whined about that being an old game, sad isn't it ,people will find something to whine about even if there is nothing. As it is in this case .... " Its new for the Western Market " ... there ya go, its not rocket science is it .. sigh.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by mbrodie

from level 30 it's forced open world PvP zones... everything is OWPVP the zones you need to go through to do your quests n such are all mixed faction OWPVP zones.. i leveled 2 toons to cap on russian servers.. so PvP is kind of forced on you.

Edit - so if you're behind the curve, enjoy.. because the second toon i leveled on russian servers, when basically everyone already had level cap players.. was just a gank fest from level 30, somtimes to the point of being unplayable.

doesn't sound appealing to me  but time will tell

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Now wait just a gosh darn minute.  Some fans over at the ESO forums have already claimed that the Elder Scrolls Online is the best mmorpg of 2014.  Clearly there can be only one!

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• WingeyeWingeye Member Posts: 58

may 4th be with you

the art doesnt appeal to me otherwise im sure it would be amazing

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Having played both the russian beta and jumpimg head long into american alpha something is very apparent. a very disenfranchised gaming base has found ALOT to like about archeage. Everything in the game including pvp serves a purpose in the grand scheme of the game. Every stream i have watched the host smiles...theres no frustration with bad game mechanics or quest grind. it wont be for everyone but personally speaking if you love the open world of skyrim, the housing crafting and professions depth of swg with non insranced housing this game is ideal for you

so say we all

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by iixviiiix

I hope this game don't get burn by the hype , but the sign seem bad .

There is an awful lot of hyperbole being thrown out about it.  Especially in comparisons with SWG, a game which it really is not that much like.

The stuff I loved about SWGs class system is not remotely here.  The stuff I loved about SWG crafting is not remotely here.  It doesnt have that RP draw SWG had.  It does look like it will foster a good sense of community, however the PvP element will hang heavy over that which will be a deal breaker for many.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Originally posted by iixviiiix

I hope this game don't get burn by the hype , but the sign seem bad .

Maybe, ESO just got burnt by the hype train so these things can and do happen.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by maji

Thats the super duper pack for 134.€

Fouder packs start at 50.- bucks. like every other title as well ^^

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I played the beta not interested,ESO still the best out there and dark souls 2 also.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    The game is the best game that is dropping this year in NA/EU doesn't matter when it originally came out and where. Its still a better game than ESO and WS could ever hope to be.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I still want to see if this game can stay the course after it releases as F2P when the undesirables start flooding in.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Oops, I already found something that is very questionable, and has very high potential to pretty much ruin an open pvp game for many players. Perma stealth (+teleport) on any char.

This game will be a massive stealth-jump fest. If you do not have stealth you had it coming lol. Seriously, perma invisibility in open world pvp is a bad mechanic, and everyone having access to it is just silly. You always get the jump on others which pretty much means you will win unless you suck really bad, and it also means you can cancel the fight if you wish at any time.

This is the dream game of invulnerable ganker (that was me back when WoW launched, forsaken rogue on pvp server) you can build a char with stealth and teleport (on a ranged char btw), so either cull the helpless until you are bored to death, or face an army of your clones.

My time in WoW before flying mounts, as a rogue, taught me why perma stealth is extremely bad for open pvp. First of all, it goes against the nature of pvp, you feel completely safe at all times, no sense of danger on pvp zones, you can just watch enemy players go on about their business in front of you. Second, half of the victory is having the jump on an opponent especially when they cant see you at all, at any time, anywhere, of your choosing.

Stealth does not belong into open pvp games, if you want to create a fitting rogue/ninja class in your game, make it something with few second vanishes and tricks, no freaking perma stealth which is an ability designed by trolls for trolls.

Ofcourse many players will love this, mainly the spineless kind of players, but it makes pvp setting ridiculous on the big picture, and favors heavily the stealthers, especially when you can build one with teleports and heals and whatnot. I have extremely bad feeling about this, sure I had fun as rogue in WoW at first, but it's like using cheats in singleplayer games, the game becomes boring and you feel like it's the class/cheats and not you who is doing the awesome work. Or you are just a troll and love every second for using cheats :D Both scenarios are bad for the game.

I'm reconsidering trying this game at all at this point.

If you know anything about the game, which clearly you don't, squishy stealth builds have zero value outside of ganking questers. The majority of pvp takes place in larger groups/on the sea.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SemielSemiel Member UncommonPosts: 94

For those people complaining about the graphics, you can tweak the engine (system.cfg) beyond what you can do through the GUI:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?4703-Big-Bag-of-Client-Tweaks!-(System.CFG)

Of course you would need a decent machine, but the game does look amazing.

• Orange_ZOrange_Z Member Posts: 31
    Oh, god ... The game is TOTALLY AWFUL :|| If you still do not believe thousands of dissappointed russian players - you can see everything with your own eyes ... the game is one of the worst MMOs of the last years ... 
  • Orange_ZOrange_Z Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    The game is the best game that is dropping this year in NA/EU doesn't matter when it originally came out and where. Its still a better game than ESO and WS could ever hope to be.

Oh damn it ... Have you ever seen these three games ? ... 

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Orange_Z
    Originally posted by Maquiame

Oh damn it ... Have you ever seen these three games ? ... 

Yes i did, i played all the beta weekends.

In Eso i had quit some fun due to the good grafix and combat, but its a Hero, i played SWTOR for months and it feels so very like SWTOR in a different theme. All Hero's a full of zonescreens, the worlds dont seem to actually be worlds.

WS is great due to the fun it has. Sadly it would not let me jump over the rim.

Would the gameworld be at the end there, i could understand that, but i just wanted to jump down a layer but it wont let me.

That was be a big indicator for me, that the game does not want me to do, what i want, it wants me to jump the train and show me where the rails are going. Well, i like some of it, but for my taste it can not even compete to ArcheAge, same with Eso.

I dont say ArcheAge doesnt has problems, but there is really no other game out yet, that offers so damn many things to encurage you to drive your own train to where you want in a world that ends at its end and not at the end of the zone.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

None of other mmorpg thats released currently has more features then archeage. The closest i think is eve online, and swg.

this is the year to shine for archeage, cant wait for official release here in the U.S. not even mortal online, dark age of camelot, or dark fall has all these featureas that archeage has. 

So the year isn't even half over, and you've already made this statement.   I am curious what we should tell to all the players who don't like this game or are non pvpers, oh well there is next year?  Are you trolling for game support or publicity, and not that you have any biases or potential financial interests,judging by your name.

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

It was then Gen. Dwight D Eisenhower who said,

"Plans are nothing;  planning is everything."

And Mike Tyson who said,

"Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face."

Sure, the original design of the game matters but just as important IMO is how the company responds during the testing phases to player feedback.  Do they rigidly stick to ideas that don't appear to be working or do they alter course and revise their plan?  This is what makes or breaks a game.  Too many companies have used the testing phases as simply a loan bearing exercise and find themselves scrambling for fixes and updates after release for issues that should have been addressed earlier.  AA's success or failure will not depend on their original plan so much as how flexible they are with that plan and how they revise their plan after they get that first punch in the face.