Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

archeage is the best mmorpg 2014.

Comments

• sword4hiresword4hire Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

None of other mmorpg thats released currently has more features then archeage. The closest i think is eve online, and swg.

this is the year to shine for archeage, cant wait for official release here in the U.S. not even mortal online, dark age of camelot, or dark fall has all these featureas that archeage has. 

I don't know if this game is the "one" but its getting us closer to what some of us are looking for in an mmo. I've had my eye on it for a little over a year now and I've seen more things I've liked than things I haven't. Like many  there's no way id pony up $150 just to say im in alpha so ill have to wait to get my hands on it to give an honest opinion.

• WraithstarWraithstar Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by siuko_uk
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by sethman75

PVP forced game.....NO THANKS!!!!!!!

It's not forced. You choose yourself if you wanna venture out into the PVP zone. Personally I love it that they focus endgame around PVP. Finally!!! If you want PVE 24/7 then you have EQ Landmarks that way ----->

You are correct that it isn't completely 'Forced PvP' - but you will be very restricted if you definitely don't want to do ANY PvP.

Archeage's basic setup is fantastic and some of the immersion in the game is the best I have seen in years!

But if many of the PvP mechanics aren't changed (such as Allies killing Allies for fun) I can see it dying horribly a few months after release - which is an absolute shame as archeage with a few tweaks could be one of the best modern immersive mmo's on the market.

Make a PvE server - or better still allow people to either choose to PvP or not (using something similar to Neocrons Implant system - which could have lowered rewards for trading etc) and you are much more likely to get player numbers...

Come on I am so damn excited since I heard that some of the boats you can build come with air tanks so you can go deep sea swimming for treasure!!

The game ISNT JUST ABOUT PvP ENDGAME - if it was - why put everything else in it!!

I play on russian servers and very rarely did my same faction kill me, i think its more of a alpha thing, people don`t really care because it`s all getting wiped anyways. There will be people going for pirate on release im sure of it. Worst case scenerio you just team up with 1 or 2 other people. And i like how it sort of forces you to play with others instead of going through the whole game solo.

That may even be the main problem. People are so used to leveling and not having to group at all...Well i have news, Archeage isn`t that game, find friends, have fun, gank ur hearts out, it goes both ways.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    I'll let you know if it's the best, worst, or something in the middle after I've tried it.
  • AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378

None of other mmorpg thats released currently has more features then archeage. The closest i think is eve online, and swg.

this is the year to shine for archeage, cant wait for official release here in the U.S. not even mortal online, dark age of camelot, or dark fall has all these featureas that archeage has. 

Quantity over quality as measure.

Anyway, is a release date published for the game?

It takes one to know one.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Lasterba

Archeage has a ton of features but it looks terrible.  The graphics are at least a decade behind where they need to be.

Anyone who disagrees with this is lying to you.

The combat is boring, the animations are lazy and amateurish, and the overall environment is ridiculously horrid.  The quests are the same old crap you've seen for years (go here get this, kill that x of y, go talk to z).  The UI looks like they hired a freshman from Full-Sail as an intern to throw together just any old junk so that the players can open menus.

Really..."the best of 2014"?  No chance in hell.

And anyone reading this BS , should just ignore it ...

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Love those threads, when new games come out and get overhyped.

And then people realize its just another asian grindfest...( and yes, I played the russian version a bit)

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    I'd change the title to best since 2012 till 20XX. Really the only promising MMO coming out (for me) is EQN and even for that game i just can't get to like it's cartoony graphics. So yeah AA will by my next MMO for many years to come.
  • kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    lol no archeage is not best mmorpg :)) sorry thats all
  • ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Best MMO by Trion? Never.

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

sorry but the game is 2 years old already

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    If you examine the competition it's hardly a ringing endorsement. But let's see what Wildstar brings to the table and let's not completely discard ESO. Yes,the game has not lived up to most ppeople's expectations but in six months they may turn tthings around. Not likely, but you never know. Plus there's expansions and other games to come out.

plus having lots of features doesn't make a good game.

Wildstar might be mildly popular.  Not a fan of raiding and guild drama's so that pretty much shuts it out for me.  ESO will eventually get to where it needs to be but it'll be tough with the massive exodus of subscribers.

AA will be huge, really huge for a very small amount of fans.  I doubt it'll ever have the numbers of some of the Themepark big boys, but it'll do fine in its own right because it seeks to do something none has done in a while.  Sadly wish there was no PvP or a PvE server but I fully intend to give it a shot because the criminal system looks to be pretty good.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Oops, I already found something that is very questionable, and has very high potential to pretty much ruin an open pvp game for many players. Perma stealth (+teleport) on any char.

This game will be a massive stealth-jump fest. If you do not have stealth you had it coming lol. Seriously, perma invisibility in open world pvp is a bad mechanic, and everyone having access to it is just silly. You always get the jump on others which pretty much means you will win unless you suck really bad, and it also means you can cancel the fight if you wish at any time.

This is the dream game of invulnerable ganker (that was me back when WoW launched, forsaken rogue on pvp server) you can build a char with stealth and teleport (on a ranged char btw), so either cull the helpless until you are bored to death, or face an army of your clones.

My time in WoW before flying mounts, as a rogue, taught me why perma stealth is extremely bad for open pvp. First of all, it goes against the nature of pvp, you feel completely safe at all times, no sense of danger on pvp zones, you can just watch enemy players go on about their business in front of you. Second, half of the victory is having the jump on an opponent especially when they cant see you at all, at any time, anywhere, of your choosing.

Stealth does not belong into open pvp games, if you want to create a fitting rogue/ninja class in your game, make it something with few second vanishes and tricks, no freaking perma stealth which is an ability designed by trolls for trolls.

Ofcourse many players will love this, mainly the spineless kind of players, but it makes pvp setting ridiculous on the big picture, and favors heavily the stealthers, especially when you can build one with teleports and heals and whatnot. I have extremely bad feeling about this, sure I had fun as rogue in WoW at first, but it's like using cheats in singleplayer games, the game becomes boring and you feel like it's the class/cheats and not you who is doing the awesome work. Or you are just a troll and love every second for using cheats :D Both scenarios are bad for the game.

I'm reconsidering trying this game at all at this point.

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    well the game is basically dead in other regions it's launched in aaaaand it honestly doesnt have that many features, but what it does it does fairly well, aaaaand there isnt really much to do outside of PvP or ship PvP at end game... so i'm gonna pass on this game being best of 2014... it isnt
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

I have done monthly sub before , but archeage is the first mmorpg im going to sub for 1 year when it comes out.

This game is worth every penny and subscription, definagtely will support this game 110%. Something I've never done in any mmorpg before. 

an entire 1 year sub, is that desperation?

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by siuko_uk
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by sethman75

PVP forced game.....NO THANKS!!!!!!!

It's not forced. You choose yourself if you wanna venture out into the PVP zone. Personally I love it that they focus endgame around PVP. Finally!!! If you want PVE 24/7 then you have EQ Landmarks that way ----->

You are correct that it isn't completely 'Forced PvP' - but you will be very restricted if you definitely don't want to do ANY PvP.

that's the restriction you're imposing onto yourself.

some have tried to level in WoW without fighting, simply by gathering/exploring/FedEXing. They are very restricted.

err thats incorrect sort of... from level 30 it's forced open world PvP zones... everything is OWPVP the zones you need to go through to do your quests n such are all mixed faction OWPVP zones.. i leveled 2 toons to cap on russian servers.. so PvP is kind of forced on you.

Edit - so if you're behind the curve, enjoy.. because the second toon i leveled on russian servers, when basically everyone already had level cap players.. was just a gank fest from level 30, somtimes to the point of being unplayable.

I really wouldn' worry about what the usual army of whiners and people already trolling this game are saying , there are so many people actually playing and really enjoying Archeage , it kinda makes it irrelevant.

Get the game if your really stoked for it or check it out when it released. Do yourselves a favour and for once don't listen to all the immature posts already bashing this game , play it and make your own minds up.

I wouldn't maybe agree with OP that's its the second coming or anything , but it really is a great game to play.

Oh and to all those whining about the graphics ... get yourselves a pair of glasses ffs ....

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256

I hope this game don't get burn by the hype , but the sign seem bad .

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I think it needs to be released before claiming to be the best (or the worst).

I self identify as a monkey.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

The game is released in serveral countries already and its in the process actually, to get released in the west now.

It is absolut amazing to see all this smart-assing and critical opinions ...

Just take it, ArcheAge delivers.

I could write a book about it, i have tons of fun in it.

Now that i checked the news and this site as well as some other sites in my morning shedule, its time to login already :)

hf^^

Oh, btw, caLl out one game that is playable and actually delivers everything you want by at least 80% ^^..

I only see promises and tests but not a single game out yet, what delivers even half the fun now ..

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by rawfox

The game is released in serveral countries already and its in the process actually, to get released in the west now.

It is absolut amazing to see all this smart-assing and critical opinions ...

Just take it, ArcheAge delivers.

I could write a book about it, i have tons of fun in it.

Now that i checked the news and this site as well as some other sites in my morning shedule, its time to login already :)

hf^^

Oh, btw, caLl out one game that is playable and actually delivers everything you want by at least 80% ^^..

I only see promises and tests but not a single game out yet, what delivers even half the fun now ..

sorry, I meant the west.  The players have different expectations and play styles than say the east.  My fault for not clarifying

my point

I self identify as a monkey.

• HerzyHerzy Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Originally posted by summitus

I really wouldn' worry about what the usual army of whiners and people already trolling this game are saying , there are so many people actually playing and really enjoying Archeage , it kinda makes it irrelevant.

Get the game if your really stoked for it or check it out when it released. Do yourselves a favour and for once don't listen to all the immature posts already bashing this game , play it and make your own minds up.

I wouldn't maybe agree with OP that's its the second coming or anything , but it really is a great game to play.

Oh and to all those whining about the graphics ... get yourselves a pair of glasses ffs ....

This is one thing I would keep arguing against. The detractors might not like the art style but graphic-wise? It's the CryEngine 3 for crying out loud. By default it cannot look bad, unless it's scaled way down (like Aion back in the day).

I just don't see it.

Gliding is so much fun...I want a better glider dang it image

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Hrotha

I have done monthly sub before , but archeage is the first mmorpg im going to sub for 1 year when it comes out.

This game is worth every penny and subscription, definagtely will support this game 110%. Something I've never done in any mmorpg before. 

an entire 1 year sub, is that desperation?

A guy tells you that he loves a game enough to feel confident in ponying up 12 months sub, and that's what you take from it?

Cynical much?

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Originally posted by Herzy
    Originally posted by summitus

This is one thing I would keep arguing against. The detractors might not like the art style but graphic-wise? It's the CryEngine 3 for crying out loud. By default it cannot look bad, unless it's scaled way down (like Aion back in the day).

I just don't see it.

Gliding is so much fun...I want a better glider dang it image

legolas much...?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Archeage, Game of the Year 2012.... :-)

Maybe you should be more worried, seeing as you guys want to keep going on with this 'GOTY 2012' joke, about the current state of Western MMOs when an 'old' game can come along to this market and curb stomp games like WS and ESO sooo badly.

If either of those 'newer' titles had the scope, ambition, imagination, and accomplishment of AA, I would be as excited for them.

But they haven't, so I am not. Which is surprising seeing as AA is so 'old' and all.

Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Archeage, Game of the Year 2012.... :-)

I don't get why you, seeing as you guys want to keep going on with this 'GOTY 2012' joke, you are worried about the current state of Western MMOs when an 'old', because I assume that's what you are trying to jibe it with, game can come along to this market and curb stomp games like WS and ESO sooo badly.

If either of those 'newer' titles had the scope, ambition, imagination, and accomplishment of AA, I would be as excited for them.

But they haven't, so I am not. Which is surprising seeing as AA is so 'old' and all.

Yeah it seems they will try to latch on to anything to try to inflate their own skewed idea of what this game is like.

And as you say Archeage has more scope and vision than most other games around at the moment.

And if ESO or Wildstar were even half as good as Archeage , they probably wouldn't have such turkey's on their hands.

Although I will add , I don't think Wildstar is as bad as ESO , just a little boring and generic. Just my opinion though ;)