Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bugs fixed?

Did they fix all the game breaking bugs yet and has craiglorn been released yet?

Just wondering was thinking about buying the game. 

Comments

• primaloozeprimalooze Member UncommonPosts: 21

ive got to VR2..not even seen a bug so far... every quest worked perfectly for me.

I Love the gameso far .... you are seriously missing out.

• Big-CronkBig-Cronk Member Posts: 61
    I have been enjoying this game but I have run into quite a few broken quests and a few terrible bugs. They havnt deterred me or sent me into a nerd rage but they do in fact exist. Its playable, but you will run into issues once in awhile

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

DMKano nailed it.  The possibility that going to VR2 without a single bug is astronomically ridiculous.  The game is good.  The game is also plagued with broken quests, objects you can't interact with and are supposed to, and the poorest excuse for end game i've ever seen.  The way up is a magical ride.  Veteran ranks are a cruel joke for many though, and are generally bypassed by experience exploits and grinding.  FUN!

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Craglorn hasn't released yet on the live servers, but It will likely take you some time to get there seeing as its a VR10-12 zone.

As for bugs, yes there are plenty. Relogging or resetting your instance almost always fixes the problem however. I wouldn't define anything I've heard about or come across as remotely "game breaking" but every person is different.

If I had to guess I'd say I come across a bugged quest every 5 - 10 hours /played.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Its a good game most bugs are due to phasing so relogging will fix them.

That said, their Support forum is the most used one... but take it with a grain of salt some of the threads are not bug related as people also use it as a General Discussion forum. :-p

Its a good game tho and now that the bots were driven out of the solo dungeons i`d say that the leveling experience is good as long as you like lore and just play to relax and enjoy the world.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by DMKano

OP - just look at the official support forums.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support

That's reality.

Folks claiming to hit VR2 without ever hitting a single bug - don't believe it for 1 second.

I just hit vr1... well... first week of play when the game released I had a bug in a quest where you had to inspect some crates inside a ship in daggerfall looking for some assassins and a quest in glenumbra where you came to a part you had to listen to some ghosts (both have been fixed - same thing for a lot of them that were bugged but I wasnt high enough when they were bugged so when I got to them they were already fixed)... and 2 days ago I hit vr1 killed molag ball, the end for the main story quest... that was it for quest bugs.

Oh and I completed every zone, including every lorebook (zone and others zone-related - around 380ish), did every quest, cleared all public dungeons, all group dungeons (ours and the other 2 factions), group challeges, all skyshards and have 2 professions at 30ish and 1 at 20.

Other bugs still in that everyone still has - 1 world boss in Alikir (lesser circle), 1 world boss in bangkorai (summoner) and 1 worldboss in coldharbour (daedroth larder)

Everyone whos a vampire (including me) has a bug that whenever vampires die, we lose our passives, so we have to relog (or port to a different zone) for our passives to come back - fixed next patch

And thats pretty much it for bugs... and since I remember a level 7 quest and a level 11 or 12 quest from the top of my head from a month ago, believe me, like I said I havent had any bugged quest till VR1

I just got to Aldmeri Dominion side today (VR) so I cant comment anything but Daggerfall - I'm in the starter Island of AD right now.

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

The last week Im only having problem with phasing, npc dont react or u cant talk to them, portals disappear, entrance to dungeons disappear,
    elogui want help, leaving the instance or relogging almost always solve it. 

So I belive the bigger ones are gone, as the irritating Bank Bug. I dont see any bots in dungeons either, I dont know if they are still in lower lvl dugeons, Im lvl 23 know.

The main problem for me is lag and latency that sometimes make the game unplayable, you just freezes, you try to dodge or roll and nothing happens, u try to fight back with your abilities but no response and u die a lot. I play on the EU server so I belive it will be solved when they finally move it here.

----

----

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    I'm VR4 now. I've ran into some bugged quests and other stuff, but nothing too serious. Ghosts of Westtry, Children of Yokuda, those are the two quests on Daggerfall Covenant side that I ran into that were bugged. Those two have since been fixed. There was also the liberation of Northpoint quest, but I relogged once and it worked then. Beyond questing, I've fallen through the world a single time. The most annoying bug that I seem to have consistently, is that whenever I ride around on my mount, I'll just randomly dismount for no apparent reason. But, it's not really deterring me from gaming. Really sucks for the people who are stuck with lots of bugs, but at the same time, glad it's not me. :p I'm very happy with ESO :-)
  • VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

That's reality.

Folks claiming to hit VR2 without ever hitting a single bug - don't believe it for 1 second.

Thats true what you say there, but customer support forums are always full of bug reports or exploit reports, in any game.

Same like the section Character Balance, is always full of  and cryers and "elite players".

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

That's reality.

I'm 47 and only bugs I've ran into happened on the the first few days of early access. They were fixed two days later. I hear there still bugs out there but they don't seem to be game breaking.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

The quest bugs were mostly questions of phasing - a character that you were supposed to talk to wasn't there at the glowing chevron - and if you logged in and out they got fixed.  There were a handful of more serious and genuine bugs (and they got enormously long threads of complaints, which is how you can tell the difference between rare and common things.)  Those have almost all been fixed (there is still an issue with the final main quest, I think, although it may be patched in the next content release.)

Common sense - like, for example, not trying to click on things at the exact same time as other people are - goes a long way.  As does listening to the instructions (if you don't read the quest text you can get lost) or paying attention to the visual cues (this is a three dimensional map, and sometimes your objective is above or below you.  It does tell you this...)

There are actually relatively few quest bug threads on the front page of support and the patch notes have had numerous quests addressed.  So, yes, I think that it's totally fair to say that the bugs would not be a major factor at all for someone starting up a new character.

EDIT: Addon incompatibiltiy can cause problems that get reported as bugs too, and they can slow the game down a lot.  I ran with a vanilla interface, experimented with some mods, and performance clearly takes a hit.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by ohioastro

The quest bugs were mostly questions of phasing - a character that you were supposed to talk to wasn't there at the glowing chevron - and if you logged in and out they got fixed. The bugs aren't "fixed" by logging in and out. You got lucky and whatever issue that affected you the time before, didn't affect you a second time. That's called a sloppy work-around, not a "fix". The problem is still there, you just managed to avoid it. Interrupting gameplay by logging out and back in, or otherwise restarting the game should never be considered an "acceptable way to deal with issues". That's not what people bought ESO to do. There were a handful of more serious and genuine bugs (and they got enormously long threads of complaints, which is how you can tell the difference between rare and common things.)  Those have almost all been fixed (there is still an issue with the final main quest, I think, although it may be patched in the next content release.) Just because they weren't affecting as many people doesn't make them any less serious or genuine. It just makes them less common in terms of how many are affected. They are still bugs.. problems with the game, and can not be discounted simply because "they weren't talked about as much".  They are still quite real and quite serious to those affected by them.

Common sense - like, for example, not trying to click on things at the exact same time as other people are - goes a long way.  Ah yes, the "blame the player for the game's problem" approach. Love that one. "It's not that the game has a problem, it's that players should be waiting their turn". Yeah, that's realistic. The true common sense approach would be for the game to be designed to account for, sort out and handle multiple people attempting to interact with something at the same time. I've played myriad MMOs where that was the case, and none of them resulted in game affecting bugs. It's poor coding on ZM's part. Spinning excuses and shifting blame doesn't change that. As does listening to the instructions (if you don't read the quest text you can get lost) or paying attention to the visual cues (this is a three dimensional map, and sometimes your objective is above or below you.  It does tell you this...) - And yet another "blame the player, not the game" argument. Except in this one, you're blaming the player, and insulting them. Even if they miss it the first time, people will work out the difference between "missing important details in a quest" and "this isn't working the way it's supposed to be, or at all".

There are actually relatively few quest bug threads on the front page of support and the patch notes have had numerous quests addressed.  So, yes, I think that it's totally fair to say that the bugs would not be a major factor at all for someone starting up a new character. No, you can not say that. You do not know what other issues may exist that could well affect a new player, especially when a number of bugs don't affect everyone. You don't know exactly how many bugs still exist, regardless of how many have been addressed. All you can say is "They've been addressing a lot of the bugs". That's it. Anything beyond that is unsupported conjecture.

EDIT: Addon incompatibiltiy can cause problems that get reported as bugs too, and they can slow the game down a lot.  I ran with a vanilla interface, experimented with some mods, and performance clearly takes a hit. And let's close it out with another passively insulting response where we, again, blame the player for the game's issues. You have no idea if mods are playing any part in bugs being reported, so to bring that up is completely pointless, and just another attempt to shift the responsibility away from ZM.

Gotta tell ya... when it comes to spinning apologist nonsense in defense of "your game", you have been trained well. At every turn, you attempt to either outright blame the player, or otherwise downplay the legitimacy of a bug, using phrases like "genuine".

The game has many issues. It's undeniable. They've been discussed and noted over and over again, by players, by reviewers, etc... To come on a message forum and attempt to spin it as any number of them somehow being "the player's fault", or whether they're "serious" or "genuine",  is not just dishonest, it's insulting.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by ohioastro

The quest bugs were mostly questions of phasing - a character that you were supposed to talk to wasn't there at the glowing chevron - and if you logged in and out they got fixed. The bugs aren't "fixed" by logging in and out. You got lucky and whatever issue that affected you the time before, didn't affect you a second time. That's called a sloppy work-around, not a "fix". The problem is still there, you just managed to avoid it. Interrupting gameplay by logging out and back in, or otherwise restarting the game should never be considered an "acceptable way to deal with issues". That's not what people bought ESO to do. There were a handful of more serious and genuine bugs (and they got enormously long threads of complaints, which is how you can tell the difference between rare and common things.)  Those have almost all been fixed (there is still an issue with the final main quest, I think, although it may be patched in the next content release.) Just because they weren't affecting as many people doesn't make them any less serious or genuine. It just makes them less common in terms of how many are affected. They are still bugs.. problems with the game, and can not be discounted simply because "they weren't talked about as much".  They are still quite real and quite serious to those affected by them.

Common sense - like, for example, not trying to click on things at the exact same time as other people are - goes a long way.  Ah yes, the "blame the player for the game's problem" approach. Love that one. "It's not that the game has a problem, it's that players should be waiting their turn". Yeah, that's realistic. The true common sense approach would be for the game to be designed to account for, sort out and handle multiple people attempting to interact with something at the same time. I've played myriad MMOs where that was the case, and none of them resulted in game affecting bugs. It's poor coding on ZM's part. Spinning excuses and shifting blame doesn't change that. As does listening to the instructions (if you don't read the quest text you can get lost) or paying attention to the visual cues (this is a three dimensional map, and sometimes your objective is above or below you.  It does tell you this...) - And yet another "blame the player, not the game" argument. Except in this one, you're blaming the player, and insulting them. Even if they miss it the first time, people will work out the difference between "missing important details in a quest" and "this isn't working the way it's supposed to be, or at all".

There are actually relatively few quest bug threads on the front page of support and the patch notes have had numerous quests addressed.  So, yes, I think that it's totally fair to say that the bugs would not be a major factor at all for someone starting up a new character. No, you can not say that. You do not know what other issues may exist that could well affect a new player, especially when a number of bugs don't affect everyone. You don't know exactly how many bugs still exist, regardless of how many have been addressed. All you can say is "They've been addressing a lot of the bugs". That's it. Anything beyond that is unsupported conjecture.

EDIT: Addon incompatibiltiy can cause problems that get reported as bugs too, and they can slow the game down a lot.  I ran with a vanilla interface, experimented with some mods, and performance clearly takes a hit. And let's close it out with another passively insulting response where we, again, blame the player for the game's issues. You have no idea if mods are playing any part in bugs being reported, so to bring that up is completely pointless, and just another attempt to shift the responsibility away from ZM.

Gotta tell ya... when it comes to spinning apologist nonsense in defense of "your game", you have been trained well. At every turn, you attempt to either outright blame the player, or otherwise downplay the legitimacy of a bug, using phrases like "genuine".

The game has many issues. It's undeniable. They've been discussed and noted over and over again, by players, by reviewers, etc... To come on a message forum and attempt to spin it as any number of them somehow being "the player's fault", or whether they're "serious" or "genuine",  is not just dishonest, it's insulting.

You seem to have a real passion for attacking people who enjoy a game that you don't play and don't like. 

The claim being made is that, somehow, anyone who plays this game is constantly struggling with crippling bugs.  This just isn't the case.  It matters whether a bug involves one player in ten or one player in ten thousand, for example.  Anyone who knows anything about software knows that there will *always* in any game be people who have problems, especially with an online game.  Anyone, unlike you, who actually plays the game has noticed that things have gotten notably smoother since launch - so holding up issues that were resolved weeks ago as current ones isn't fair.

In technical terms, it matters quite a lot whether a bug or glitch causes you to stop in progress or whether it's a nuisance.  Taking 20 seconds to log in and out is annoying, but hardly crippling.  Not being able to do anything is more serious.

If I'm having problems I might just want to see them solved, not to just come and vent on a message board.  It's relevant that addons matter.  It's relevant that things being called bugs are not bugs - for example, being on the ground floor while the character that you're looking for is upstairs.  I've though that things like that were bugs, only to find that I just wasn't doing them right.

People like you seem to have a huge investment in blowing the problems way out of proportion.  To summarize your "message", if anyone, anywhere, any time has a problem then it doesn't matter how many people it affects, whether it has been fixed, or how serious it is - the only thing to do is to agree that the game is broken and anyone who disagrees is a "blind fanboy".

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

What game breaking bugs?

You mean the bugs that did not effect your play, those bugs? The bugs reported by guys that had made it to Veteran 8 and then were telling us there are bugs causing them problems while they sail up the levels getting to V10 before a month has past? They must have been a real issue then.

Bugs mostly fixed, game breaking bugs never existed.

• thegoodgamerthegoodgamer Member Posts: 19

That's reality.

Ouch :/

So Craiglorn isn't out yet?

I thought they said they were releasing it at the end of April.

Oh well I guess I will wait a little longer until these nasty bugs are fixed and the new adventure gets ironed out. 

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

That's reality.

There are few bugged quests in this game for sure however there are also a lot of quests that require you to do more than chase the shinny arrows on your compass to which a lot of people decide are bugged.  Making it so you have to slow down and think or listen to what NPC's and books are trying to tell you isn't a broken quest.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Level 43 and still only have one bugged quest sitting in my journal. The games pretty smooth now, and will only get that much smoother come Craglorn update
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

Yes there are still some bugs, but the main quest lines have pretty much been fixed.  So far I have completed every quest to include all side quest on the AD side and about half way thru the first veteran error with only one phasing bug, the work around for those log in log out.  Not trying to rush through just enjoying the game. 

Only real issue I can see for a lot of people now is the not being able to quest together due to phasing.  This is suppose to be fixed in the 1.0 patch coming soon.  We will see about that one.

Overall the game is very playable at this point.  They have improved massively since the release, with hot fixes left and right.  Still minor issues some people say they have with class skills but haven't seen any on my sorc so can't tell you about those. 

They still have many improvements they can make but they are trying. 

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

no and no.

craglorn is "soon." broken quest fixes are ???. if you want a good experience i would wait a couple months before playing. coming from a VR6.

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by thegoodgamer

Did they fix all the game breaking bugs yet and has craiglorn been released yet?

Just wondering was thinking about buying the game. 

gamebreaking bugs my ass. playing since day 1. had none.

had some quests bugged, but none of those stopped me from playing.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Bugs appear to be very minimal, at least up to level 30 so far. From my own experience, the worst you should run into it is the combat very rarely will lock up for you during combat so you can't do anything, but the enemy can still attack you, but all you need to do is hit ESC a couple times and good to go.

Otherwise...

- I've also very rarely had an NPC not be loaded in an area even when the arrow on the radar pointed to the spot I was standing in, and all I had to do was re-log or re-enter the zone, which isn't too big of a hassle. Same if you come across most other issues, really.

- Sometimes during combat, I'll swing at an enemy but if I'm on an uneven surface, it goes right through and nothing happens.

- I've only ever had one quest not be completed due to a bug, where a bunch of undead spawned in a room that you had to fight, and they're supposed to come 2-3 at a time, but instead of 10+ of them attacked at the same time and destroyed me every time (and I was also a bit under-leveled). I assumed it was the under-leveling, so I came back a little later and it was a pushover now because they only did the 2-3 at a time thing. Personally, I can see someone being frustrated, but this didn't bother me whatsoever.

- It can seem a bit laggy trying to open doors or click on objects when others are also doing so.

------

I mean, I'm sure there are other issues people are experiencing, but so far, it's been a relatively bug free experience, and I am enjoying it.  You'll hit a snag here and there, but most issues seem to be fixed by re-logging or re-zoning.

From my experience, it seems the bugs are blown out of proportion.

But there are a ton of bots in the public dungeons and stuff. They don't really bother me, though, because I generally just wander in, do everything I need to do as I fight through, and the bots are generally at the boss of the place, so I just take a swing or two and get credit for the dungeon. I can see how people might not want the easy road like this, but I consider these just bonus xp on the side anyway.

Anyway, pick the game up. It's pretty awesome, if far from perfect.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Most of the serious bugs got squashed. Here and there you will encounter a bugged quest. But mostly relogging or restarting it will solve it.

Also the problem with bots seems to be solved. They kicked them out pretty well

Hodor!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Anyone thinking of buying the game might want to wait until the console versions launch, by then Zenimax should have the game well in hand enough that incidents of bugs should be minimal, certainly not game breaking, i don't mean to suggest actually buying the console versions, i think graphically the PC version is probably going to be the best one, but only suggest waiting until it is launched on console as that should be an indication they have most of the issues solved, including and perhaps more importantly, the grouping issues in the game.image

Of course checking the official ESO forums to be on the safe side is also recommended. image

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Anyone who tells you no is a fool. Further more those of you clearly lying and saying you have not experienced a SINGLE bug all the way to your veteran ranks are blind fan boys. You are not helping the game... in fact you are hurting it. By lying to people you are encouraging them to purchase a product that is not as you say. Then when they purchase it and find out it's nothing like you said it was, you make them only have negative feelings towards the title.

The 1.1 patch notes on the PTS are proof to the extreme amount of bugs within this game. 

• ChipSet91ChipSet91 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by primalooze

ive got to VR2..not even seen a bug so far... every quest worked perfectly for me.

Lucky you , my 'main' can't progress because I'm stuck, in the quest Cast Adrift.

For some some reason i can't interact with the water leak and this is the reply I got the

from a GM 7 hours ago:

"Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. I apologize for the trouble you are having interacting

with the objectives in the ship quest. Don't worry. I'm looking forward to assisting you in any way I can. 

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you.

From my scroll, I can see that Sheogorath has used a very powerful incantation to bind you so I will need to 

send this to my High Elves so they can break the bind you are in."

Since my subscription is cancelled , I don't really care anymore, but 

I'm curious; can anyone tell me what the bold part means? =P