Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all the bad stuff I hear about this game company...

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
  There customer service sure is fast, and to the point. They even beat steam customer service on getting back to me. I wanted to try this again since it is free, and when i went to my steam account it was gone. My account on their site was also gone. I have the email from steam where i bought it. So i sent a email to steam, and to them, asking where my game went. Aventuine fix the problem within 3 hours. Steam still hasent responded to me.

Comments

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133

There's maybe 100 people playing Darkfall right now. Their customer service isn't exactly overwhelmed. 

Darkfall has a TON of potential, but the company behind it is terminally inept at managing it. Do not be fooled by their recent "refocusing" efforts. They have squandered any good will they ever earned with their customers.

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Yea I think AV stopped using what's left of their money on drugs and sobered up. They are improving.
  • KingLlamaKingLlama Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I dont think you know what you are talking about. Darkfall has over 100 players. We just had a siege 60vs60 and atleast another 30-50 scroachers. This game is going places.

Pirate MMO Tattered Sails http://tatteredsailsgame.com/

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by KingLlama
    I dont think you know what you are talking about. Darkfall has over 100 players. We just had a siege 60vs60 and atleast another 30-50 scroachers. This game is going places.

I actually like low populations. I every game i have played, when the population get down to under 1000 the people there are nicer, and it usally has a better community.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Yeah, Darkfall is in a pretty good spot right now with the population. Not enough that you die everytime you go out and farm but populated enough that you find people when looking for trouble.
  • rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

Only AV has the real numbers but I am part of an active Clan and we have at least 30 people online during NA primetime.   There has to be at least 1000 people playing but it isn't as crowded as it was during launch last year.

And to the OP  myself and a friend need CS help when we reactivated two weeks ago and I was shocked when they fixed the character issues and responded back in under 10 minutes  !!!!    

AV did a good job so far and have made alot of great changes to the game,  it is one of the very few open world sandbox games with pvp.   Hope you have fun and enjoy the double XP/Prowess weekend.

• JeepEscapeJeepEscape Member UncommonPosts: 64

The problem is, as it was for the original DarkFall, that regardless of whether or not you guys like playing with only 1000 people or so, AV's not making enough money.  How they didn't get the clue that this was a niche game model the first time around is beyond me.

If they were smart, they would have made this game a little more PvE friendly, and more of a well rounded sandbox.  Then, perhaps, they would have a larger player base.  How long until they kill this game off, or close their doors completely?

• ArenthasArenthas Member Posts: 85

I played at release, and unsubbed.

I recently subbed to check out how things were going. I don't know what it is, but something changed at AV, and they've turned 180 degrees the opposite direction. 

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Yeah, Darkfall is in a pretty good spot right now with the population. Not enough that you die everytime you go out and farm but populated enough that you find people when looking for trouble.

This.  It is a population that seems to be getting to just about right.  Things have definitely improved greatly over the last 3 months.  I have been playing since last July and it is the most fun I've had since EQ1. 

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Originally posted by Badaboom

This.  It is a population that seems to be getting to just about right.  Things have definitely improved greatly over the last 3 months.  I have been playing since last July and it is the most fun I've had since EQ1. 

Well I have heard of this game in passing but not familiar by far.  However it sounds like a really great pvp game, seriously considering trying it out.  Thanks for the heads up, especially if the company is getting a handle on their CS.

PVP Sandboxes FTW!

*edit* - Hell, I AM still playing EQ1 on P99 cause cant find anything better..

Originally posted by rutaq

Only AV has the real numbers but I am part of an active Clan and we have at least 30 people online during NA primetime.   There has to be at least 1000 people playing but it isn't as crowded as it was during launch last year.

And to the OP  myself and a friend need CS help when we reactivated two weeks ago and I was shocked when they fixed the character issues and responded back in under 10 minutes  !!!!    

AV did a good job so far and have made alot of great changes to the game,  it is one of the very few open world sandbox games with pvp.   Hope you have fun and enjoy the double XP/Prowess weekend.

Thanks I hope I will. i am still downloading....... Damn my slow internet.

P.S the asteroid is depleted........... Lol i hope this makes a good game to play with eve, like i am planning.

PSS Steam still hasent responded..... Wow i never realized

how bad steam support is.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by TerminalDeity

There's maybe 100 people playing Darkfall right now. Their customer service isn't exactly overwhelmed. 

Darkfall has a TON of potential, but the company behind it is terminally inept at managing it. Do not be fooled by their recent "refocusing" efforts. They have squandered any good will they ever earned with their customers.

While the population of Darkfall has been at a low point as of late, there are over 100 people playing it. A population boost would be more than welcomed, but its not as dire as the above poster makes it out to be, and population or at least activity (which is more important IMO) has improved a lot since the last couple month changes. 

To anyone following this thread  i'm sitting on 6 buddy keys. Hit me up if you would like one.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

I've given Aventurine a hard time on many occasions over the years about incompetence and lack of listening to player feedback and providing anything close to decent customer service.

But for some reason they seem to have finally realized they need to start doing these things. I resubbed a few days ago to check out some of the recent and ongoing changes since there will be a good pop increase during the free 5 day period. So far, I'm quite impressed with their recent attitude and way of running the game compared to how they wee in the past.

So far I've experienced very fast responses to tickets, assistance from a GM in game as soon as I asked for something, I see GMs talking in chat with players regularly and helping people out, and along with some recent changes to the game which I tried for a long time to get AV to implement (such as the territory control bonuses) they are also pushing out some other things which myself and many others tried to get them to do for months. Stuff like removal of the classes to allow freedom of builds, addition of siege weaponry / towers / ladders, redoing a lot of the loot tables, and various other changes.

Theyve been patching the game at least once, often 2-3 times per month over the past few months, which is a huge change from the going months without any significant patches before.

So long as they keep up their recent efforts and pace of rolling out changes, as well as providing good customer service and responding to feedback, they may actually be able to turn the game around in a big way and bring both old and new players in for a long time.

If they really have learned their lesson about not communicating with the players, ignoring their feedback and suggestions, and basically leaving player feeling like there isn't much point in sticking with the game then it's going to be pretty awesome. Even if some things take awhile to happen, people are much more understanding and patient when you actually communicate these issues to them and give them something to look forward to. Choosing to leave people in the dark and do things like mention coming updates, or acknowledge big issues with the game, then go completely silent for many weeks at a time with no further updates was something that turned a lot of players away.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I remember people saying this company was trying to play all military lockdown with their forums. Deleting/banning people to keep them quiet. Not sure if those allegations were true or not.  Hopefully things are getting better though. I intend to eventually try it out if it ever picks up momentum again( and the people running it don't go all kgb on their playerbase)
  • TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by TerminalDeity

While the population of Darkfall has been at a low point as of late, there are over 100 people playing it. A population boost would be more than welcomed, but its not as dire as the above poster makes it out to be, and population or at least activity (which is more important IMO) has improved a lot since the last couple month changes. 

To anyone following this thread  i'm sitting on 6 buddy keys. Hit me up if you would like one.

I'll admit to a certain amount of exaggeration with my population estimate, but you cannot deny that Darkfall has been in a constant state of decay for almost as long as it has existed. The best news you could ever hear about it would be that it was sold to a competent developer that understands deadlines and proper management. The improvements they have added lately are rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It's been a YEAR, and the game is virtually unchanged. There are other developers out there that have done much more with far less.

Having said that, there isn't ANYTHING out there like Darkfall, and that's the only reason it's still around.

• sword4hiresword4hire Member Posts: 22
    Tried taking part in this 5 day trial and game wil not launch for me submitted a ticket and got a response about 8 hours later the response was typical send us your dxdiag and client logs nothing special about there customer service in my opinion.
  • mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Strange, I open 3 tickets with 3 different issues  the longest one took 45 min to resolve.
    Originally posted by sword4hire
    Tried taking part in this 5 day trial and game wil not launch for me submitted a ticket and got a response about 8 hours later the response was typical send us your dxdiag and client logs nothing special about there customer service in my opinion.

Lol seriously? That is like calling up honda and being like, well my car dont start and i want you to tell me how to fix it. Then you get a response well you gotta bring it in, and we will look at it. You being like well that customer service sucks.

You seem to not understand that a game on a pc is a hard thing for a company to figure out whats wrong. Esp with you not giving them any hard information on whats wrong. If I was the customer service and you sent me a ticket, saying what you put here. I wouldnt even of sent you a response back.

There could be a billon things wrong with your computer that could be causing the game not to load. This is 100 percent why I do not try to run my own game any more. When i ran a epoch server and a uo server, 99 percent of the people are just like that. The game dont work fix it for me. All games I have ever played, when there isnt a mass amount of posts on the game not working, told me it was my computer and i fixed it. Yours is the first post i have come too where the game doesnt load. Fix your computer.

Originally posted by makasouleater69

Lol seriously? That is like calling up honda and being like, well my car dont start and i want you to tell me how to fix it. Then you get a response well you gotta bring it in, and we will look at it. You being like well that customer service sucks.

You seem to not understand that a game on a pc is a hard thing for a company to figure out whats wrong. Esp with you not giving them any hard information on whats wrong. If I was the customer service and you sent me a ticket, saying what you put here. I wouldnt even of sent you a response back.

There could be a billon things wrong with your computer that could be causing the game not to load. This is 100 percent why I do not try to run my own game any more. When i ran a epoch server and a uo server, 99 percent of the people are just like that. The game dont work fix it for me. All games I have ever played, when there isnt a mass amount of posts on the game not working, told me it was my computer and i fixed it. Yours is the first post i have come too where the game doesnt load. Fix your computer.

Real great reply considering you have no idea of the communication that took place between myself and aventurine.Maybe the fact that you jump to nonsensical conclusions is 100%  why you don't try to run your own game anymore.And for that we thank you.

Are you using Windows 8?

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Are you using Windows 8?

Yes im running Windows 8,however as of my last post in this thread it seems I can no longer access the Darkfall account management or customer service?  which is most likely due to server overload.

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Are you using Windows 8?

Yes im running Windows 8,however as of my last post in this thread it seems I can no longer access the Darkfall account management or customer service?  which is most likely due to server overload.

If you haven't done so already: If you have the game installed in either of your Program Files folders, move it out of there. Windows 8 doesnt play well with things installed there, and the game doesnt patch properly when it is in there. My bro had problems getting into game as well. He moved it, then when running the launcher it actually updated everything (which it hadnt done initially) and was then able to get in game properly.

He had a similar problem with ESO as well. Good old Microsoft and their "improved" versions of WIndows.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
      I wanted to try this again since it is free,

Since when Darkfall is free ?

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    I thought my copy of DF:UW on STEAM was gone too. Unlike FFXIV..which stays in the Library whether you are subbed or not...DF: UW disappears from the library and can't be found in the active or inactive list when you un-sub. You can find it listed under  account info tho. Can't remember just where..I think under purchases. I'm at work so I can't confirm this to be sure. From there you can re-sub but I see no option to download it again to try it for free...as in the case of this brief return trial. Anyone have any clues how to bypass this?....It just keep telling my I have no payment options (I guess b/c I use paypal on STEAM  and maybe Darkfall can't use that as a sub option..idk)
    Originally posted by BarCrow
    I thought my copy of DF:UW on STEAM was gone too. Unlike FFXIV..which stays in the Library whether you are subbed or not...DF: UW disappears from the library and can't be found in the active or inactive list when you un-sub. You can find it listed under  account info tho. Can't remember just where..I think under purchases. I'm at work so I can't confirm this to be sure. From there you can re-sub but I see no option to download it again to try it for free...as in the case of this brief return trial. Anyone have any clues how to bypass this?....It just keep telling my I have no payment options (I guess b/c I use paypal on STEAM  and maybe Darkfall can't use that as a sub option..idk)

Contact their support, not steams. They will re activate your account, if you have your steam code, and send the email from the email address used on their site.