Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Road Ahead - May 1st

Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Another article update by Matt Firor, discussing an assortment of topics regarding eso. From bugs and bots, to bad reviews, to what they're up too right now. Particularly I'm interested in the things they aren't working on atm but intend to implement in the future such as:

• Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storyline and quests.
  • Spellcrafting
  • Imperial City PvP dungeon
  • Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader
  • Field of View (FOV) adjustment
  • Armor dyeing and tinting 
  • A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught

Rest of the article here, I recommend a read for anyone interested and or playing ESO. 

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/04/30/the-road-ahead---may-1st?ref=home

Comments

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303

Sounds like the Imperial City will be the new Darkness Falls dungeon...cool.

A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases +1

Armor dyeing and tinting - This will be very popular

Increased ability to pick up items in the world .+1 This is one of my annoyances in the game.

Improved Looking for Group system  - This will be popular too.

Animation tweaks and polish (on the PTS now) many people have wanted this.

"we are giving an additional five days of included game time to every ESO player who set up an active account prior to 8pm EDT Thursday May 1st and who are currently enjoying their 30 days of included game time. If you’re eligible to receive the five additional days, a confirmation will be sent to your account’s registered email address." ---- Very smart move.

• blazedontblazedont Member UncommonPosts: 12
    love it love it love it !!
  • Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by Arndush
    Sounds like the Imperial City will be the new Darkness Falls dungeon...cool.

Brian Wheeler (PVP designer) was asked way before this came out on a Tamriel Foundry livestream is they were going to make Imperial City into a Darkness Falls type dungeon. He wouldn't say so for sure but the tone in his voice gave it away pretty well that that is indeed what they intend to do. 

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Moar61

Another article update by Matt Firor, discussing an assortment of topics regarding eso. From bugs and bots, to bad reviews, to what they're up too right now. Particularly I'm interested in the things they aren't working on atm but intend to implement in the future such as:

• Spellcrafting
    • A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught

Rest of the article here, I recommend a read for anyone interested and or playing ESO. 

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/04/30/the-road-ahead---may-1st?ref=home

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are at the top of my list of anticipated features. The justice system would make it feel way more like TES, as well. Somehow, this justice system seems like it should have been a fully fleshed out feature from launch instead of pushed to the back burner.

Lots of promise here. Looking forward to it, but not sure if I'll be playing or not by the time it's all implemented.

• ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

I agree that most of this stuff should have been in at launch, but I'm just glad that it's going to be there at all at this point.

Also very relieved to hear an official source say that Craglorn is for VR1 onwards.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Are there any ETAs for any of it?
    Most of this shit SHOULD have been in it, but if anyone followed closely this game basically had to take a 180 because it was headed entirely into the wrong direction
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Really cool, these first few patches will fix any of the minor gripes I have had with the game thus far. Really looking forward to the future, this is the first time I have been actively excited about major updates for years!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236
    Most of this shit SHOULD have been in it, but if anyone followed closely this game basically had to take a 180 because it was headed entirely into the wrong direction

Yup.  This is what happens when you secretly make World of Elder Scrolls for YEARS and then announce it and get the public opinion.  

If it had been a new IP they would have been fine, but they really should have gotten the ES fanboy feedback before the game was pretty much complete.  It is nice that they have been jumping through hoops to make it more like an offline ES game and they have done a decent job considering that wasn't what they were originally going for.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Spellcrafting

They couldn't possibly mean what I think they mean...could they?

Man!  I loved that in the early ES games and missed it in the later ones. Mix and match effects to make your own unique combo.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin

Spellcrafting

Man!  I loved that in the early ES games and missed it in the later ones. Mix and match effects to make your own unique combo.

I sure hope so. Frost/Fire/Lightning damage on touch anyone? Blow people 20 feet in the air :)

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Spellcrafting

I sure hope so. Frost/Fire/Lightning damage on touch anyone? Blow people 20 feet in the air :)

If you don't use it already you might want to pick up Fire Rune from the Mages' Guild and persevere through its lackluster damage until you can morph it into Volcanic Rune: fun ability that does just that... blows people up into the air, damages and stuns them... particularly funny in PVP when a zerg thinks they just broke through and have a clear path to the flag :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

If you don't use it already you might want to pick up Fire Rune from the Mages' Guild and persevere through its lackluster damage until you can morph it into Volcanic Rune: fun ability that does just that... blows people up into the air, damages and stuns them... particularly funny in PVP when a zerg thinks they just broke through and have a clear path to the flag :)

Damn, I took it off because it was...lackluster (swapped for spear shards). I'll add it back though to check out that morph.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Spellcrafting

Haha cool thanks for the tip, will have to try it out.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Good too see they taken the necessary steps to fine tune this game.

But yeah, people will always find new things to whine about. For starters, just a few posts before me.
    Originally posted by yaminsux
    Good too see they taken the necessary steps to fine tune this game. But yeah, people will always find new things to whine about. For starters, just a few posts before me.

You're forgetting the first law of mmorpg.com: there is nothing so positive that it can't be turned into a negative... and to be fair, the opposite is also true image

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

Good to know they have some good plans for ESO even though the game should have launched with all that. ESO launched feeling very, very incomplete.

These features however will not be in-game for quite some time. I would be surprised if they can put all that in the game before 2014 ends.

I think they should focus on what the game does best, PVP. Cyrodiil needs to be way more interesting, dynamic events happening throughout the land promoting small group skirmishes in between keeps.

With so many quests available and craiglorn coming out soon, they really should focus the direction of the game out of the themepark mentality and head into sandbox mentality. They already have enough PVE in my opinion with craiglorn coming out. What were they thinking making so many quests? Kill their customers out of boredom and lore overdose?

They should make it closer to elder scrolls where anything can happen anywhere and players have a real sense of belonging. FREEDOM TO THE PLAYAH .

• marcmymarcmy Member UncommonPosts: 95
    this made my flipping day. i love ZOS. thank you!

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online, Elite: Dangerous | Recently played: FFXIV, Rift, LoTRO, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Guild Wars 2 | Single player RPGs: Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim

Originally posted by Kinado

I would be surprised if they can put all that in the game before 2014 ends.

I wouldn't be. Considering their 4-6 week content release schedule, as well as the fact we know what the upcoming one is going to be (Craglorn), I'd assume these things are the next on their list. The only ones I'd question are the thieves guild and dark brotherhood, which they will probably hold off on.

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66

Those so called still to be done features that will come somewhere this next year won't keep the players loyal to the game. only those ES fanboys will stay subbed and do the same boring stuff over and over again. Those that know when a developer says we have this in mind here it is on paper, know that it will take a long long time till it will get released. 

it is nice zanimax is trying, but lets be honest all here they failed before the game was launched already, only reason players bought the game is it is a Elder scrolls game, YES the name is like magic ain't it....sells like prada shoes for woman just for 50 bucks = INVASION of buyers. But then they just realize, i just bought a crappy peace of S.. kinda hurts..

I bought the imperial edition, i was just sucked into it because the FREAKING MOUNT in game was way to expensive to get and it would take light years to reach max lvl by playing a walking sim game. I am letting it go after i reached vet rank 4 after 10days in game played time, and realized i still need to do a lot. Doing the same shitty quest over and over again to lvl the veteran rank, it was to much boring to much time consuming grinding. And No i was not willing to abuse the broken game mechanics as many did that where rank 10 within the first week. 

Lets hope ESO will survive this year where many other MMO'S will come, some new one and some OLD one with new expansions. As it stands now ESO will be ripped apart into peaces, lets hope the ES fanboys will stay to support the game when Zanimax needs them THE MOST*.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Well you might have got sucked into it, I like beta testing games, I have the time spare so as long as I can do that and my current mmo's then I'll go for it.

I have imp. Ed. but just for the faction / race .. I do get the horse when I make a character but don't use it much, mostly I walk everywhere. Since I got my game via a cd key site it was cheaper so that's np .. The game is the one with worst maintenance I've ever tested and played but then I never tested WoW or any of the FF games that people say are so bad.

I think some people bought it expecting skyrim online but as has been said before, ES is far more then Skyrim and each game is different. Mention ES to me and I'll think of Morrowind .. Others might think of Daggerfall, Oblivion and of course a deal will think skyrim. So with all of us having a different ES as the one you think of first it'd be hard to make a single ES game to encompass everyone's tastes as well as make it an mmo.

When doing the testing I decided after awhile to forget about it being ES and just take it as an mmo

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445

• Spellcrafting

Am i the only one concerned by the specific language used; 

and the omission of skill lines?

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Originally posted by Relampago

• Spellcrafting

Am i the only one concerned by the specific language used; 

and the omission of skill lines?

Not really since Fighters and Mage have a storyline, ways of advancement and ofc skill trees. Seen it somewhere recently that they would have skills also.

I'd be more worried with just tacked on skill trees and nothing else.

A nice Vampire or Werewolf questline would be pretty cool too. Its like one quest atm.