Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 free days of game time?

CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I just got this email about 5 free days of game time in appreciation for being part of the community, yada, yada. 

Does 5 days really do much for you? I would almost rather them not give me anything. 5 days, what is that like a buck?

I think that something WAAAAAAAY cooler would have been to create a custom item, call it something like "Battleworn Soldier's Helm of Resilience", make it level 1, no stats, vanity, whatever. Then make it legendary. Then give that item to everyone who has been here for the first month. I think that sort of thing is a much more appropriate display of appreciation than a dollar. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
----------------

Comments

• JackyD30JackyD30 Member Posts: 20
    The 5 Days are meant to make up for lost play time caused by unexpected server down times and other launch month woes...
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

This just goes to show you can't please everybody, even when they are given something completely free.

Personally, I was quite happy to see that email this morning, way to go ZOS, live and learn, keep fixing the bugs and carry on. I think this was a great move on their part.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    What are you complaining about? I didn't even GET an email to tell me I got 5 free days and I checked my account and nope, no 5 free days. And I preordered the game, played in early access and was there right from the start! Baah...

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by fivoroth
    What are you complaining about? I didn't even GET an email to tell me I got 5 free days and I checked my account and nope, no 5 free days. And I preordered the game, played in early access and was there right from the start! Baah...

The email I got states it will extend to all players over the next 72 hours, be patient, if you don't receive the email this weekend just contact their support, I found them to be extremely helpful with both issues I have had with the game.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    I didn't care either way.  With or without the 5-days, I only really play on the weekends.  Doesn't affect me much at all.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • uidLuc1duidLuc1d Member UncommonPosts: 194
    ...that's like finding $5 and saying you wish you hadn't found anything at all.
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Ill take the 5 days that have tangible value over a vanity item worth, well nothing.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    gift horse... mouth...
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Op please really please tell me you where incredible drunk when you made this topic.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Iselin
    gift horse... mouth...

I know, I know! I'm just saying that they could have taken the opportunity to do something more...... epic. It's kinda like buying your wife rubber gloves for your anniversary. "Well I see that you use these all the time, so I figured why get you a ring or something when you've got a jewelery box full of them already, when you'll actually use these!" 

BTW, the above will also get you an unlimited amount of free gaming time. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    gift horse... mouth...

I know, I know! I'm just saying that they could have taken the opportunity to do something more...... epic. It's kinda like buying your wife rubber gloves for your anniversary. "Well I see that you use these all the time, so I figured why get you a ring or something when you've got a jewelery box full of them already, when you'll actually use these!" 

Haha, that last line gave me a good chuckle. I can understand where you were coming from and I guess it boils down to preference. I don't care about vanity items that much, but I do enjoy free stuff in general, who doesn't when it truly is free?

• pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Please not another crap "trophy" that takes up an inventory slot that is worth around 3000g (considering how much it costs to upgrade slots)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    gift horse... mouth...

Well, if we're going to dream... I'd like a VR5 legendary set of light armor with a couple of awesome 3-piece bonuses... maybe +20% damage and 20% damage reduction... and 5 days... and a partridge in a pear tree image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by pappacube
    Please not another crap "trophy" that takes up an inventory slot that is worth around 3000g (considering how much it costs to upgrade slots)

lmao, ok point taken. Maybe they should have given 10 more slots instead. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    gift horse... mouth...

Well, if we're going to dream... I'd like a VR5 legendary set of light armor with a couple of awesome 3-piece bonuses... maybe +20% damage and 20% damage reduction... and 5 days... and a partridge in a pear tree image

^ hahaha!!! 

Originally posted by pappacube

lmao, ok point taken. Maybe they should have given 10 more slots instead. 

Now that would have been awesome. I did read somewhere on the official forums the other day that they were looking into expanding the initial bank size and adding a crafting materials bank, I would probably expect to see both of those or one or the other in the coming months.

If there is one thing GW2 got right, it was crafting storage.

gift horse... mouth...

Yeah, but like the other guy pointed out, inventory space is limited, so get rid of all the other crap and let's just make some room for the partridge in a pear tree. Is that just one slot? It's not a partridge AND a pear tree. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I got the email but when I entered the code it was 'invalid'. For those that say I entered it wrong I copied and pasted from the email. For those that say it's a formating problem with the email I tried again and copied into Notepad first then from Notepad to my browser.

NOTE: It looks like they add it automatically and you don't need to redeem the code.

Originally posted by mbd1968
    I got the email but when I entered the code it was 'invalid'. For those that say I entered it wrong I copied and pasted from the email. For those that say it's a formating problem with the email I tried again and copied into Notepad first then from Notepad to my browser.

Well if it's a formatting problem copying it to notepad wouldn't help, I would type it in manually. I haven't had much luck copying and pasting game codes ever really, also take into account the email says "over the next 72 hours." They may not have the 5 free days in place yet.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Well if it's a formatting problem copying it to notepad wouldn't help, I would type it in manually. I haven't had much luck copying and pasting game codes ever really, also take into account the email says "over the next 72 hours." They may not have the 5 free days in place yet.

I already canceled 2 weeks in so I'm not using it anyway. Plus I noted I have 49 days of gametime remaining. Better keep an eye on that in case they try to take a sub from my account after I cancelled.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

I already canceled 2 weeks in so I'm not using it anyway. Plus I noted I have 49 days of gametime remaining. Better keep an eye on that in case they try to take a sub from my account after I cancelled.

I suppose if there is nothing wrong you better make something up

Originally posted by Bad.dog

I suppose if there is nothing wrong you better make something up

What did I make up?

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Look at the email again. It says applied to the account. I don't think you have to do anything.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    It doesn't matter to me much.  I'm happy with the game, the 5 days is just a bonus :D
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Maybe they only gave it to people who canceled their account, or complained to zenimax customer support for hours;)