Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Elder Scrolls Online: Very Fun, But Not Perfect

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I played the beta a few months before launch. I certainly haven't played it enough to render a valid opinion.

I will say this, though. I was so bored that I didn't even make it to the first starting city. Moreover, knowing that this game offers a linear path with a dedicated area for lack-luster end-game PvP brought no incentive to "stick with it".

I'm done with those types of games.

• subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by Lazarus71

While I am enjoying the game I have to echo others thoughts here and say that the Social aspect should definitely be more like a 5-6. The game just really just seem to promote single player gameplay.

Same u cant consider public dungeons or other points of interest social, since u can easily complete them without being in a group(just with random people, where u dont even chat with them), whereas in quests where u actually need grouping , u cant group up , and  even if u do its like a torture, u even have to make quests two times sometimes

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

...and again I have to echo the others as well , why did they rate social an 8?  I would have done 4 or 5 compared to other MMO's this one lacks many necessary things to keep grouping together, working together. 

It is like the overall scores are given on what the game can be not what it is.

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Botting, scammers, item loss, campers, dupping, bugged progression quests, grinding, trainers, speedhacks, gold spammers.

And you pay for this experience?

I have a score. MMORPG credibility: 2.3
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

I think its a fair review and it shows that Bill has dropped some dozens of hours into the game unlike a bunch of other quickshot reviews out there.

Hodor!

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

GW2: 9.3

SWTOR: 8.7

Aion: 8.7

Rift: 8.7

D3: 8.5

Warhammer Online: 8.3

ESO: 7.9

When you compare it to earlier reviews 7.9 seems fair. They generally give out way too high scores.

Personally I would give ESO a 5 or a 6.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

Originally posted by subxaero

This review is bad.ESO is a mediocre game and considering the previous article about hating on ESO. I am  afraid a very possible connection between u and bethesda,

SOCIAL 8? SERIOUSLY??.When u cant group up   with a friend and the dungeons are full of bots

Value??? seriously now?....

Ya I would have given social a 4 at best. Never found a game more unfriendly to teaming and making friends. So much solo content people just dont have time to team as you cant help them with a good chunk of their quests. All guild quests are solo and some of the main story is the same. They plan on fixing the phasing problem but up till now its there and a pain. I cant count how many times I had to ask my wife "Can you see me?" "Do you see this node as well?" I think solo content is needed in a MMO but even solo content should have the option to play with friends as it is a MMO. 

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Originally posted by boxsnd

GW2: 9.3

SWTOR: 8.7

Aion: 8.7

Rift: 8.7

D3: 8.5

Warhammer Online: 8.3

ESO: 7.9

When you compare it to earlier reviews 7.9 seems fair. They generally give out way too high scores.

Personally I would give ESO a 5 or a 6.

Your point is valid, appreciate this information.  Pretty much agree with all of this.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I think the score is too low. But that is just my opinion.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66

man it really should have been a 10 for social. if u give it a 9 do better and just put a 10 on it....like the article is reflecting the real deal whats going on, not even close..

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

This picture makes me laugh every time:

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Wow what an interesting infographic!  Thanks for sharing Jeez! is this typical?  I am thinking no but i could be wrong.  so yea this may be better in its own thread cause i am sure this will generate a lot of talk.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This is the best thempark MMO I've played in years. I'm excited to see how they develop it. Great game.

Joined - July 2004

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

WOW, I had no idea!!! Do they look like copy/paste when inside them? 

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    8-8.5 with room to grow.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Is this the same person who accused the people who had issues with the game of being spoon fed haters. The same person who was baiting in their other thread but didn't have the polite to post again in that same thread.

Just a reminder OP http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/411308/page/1

Perhaps you would be kind enough to comment on many of the posts in your eso hate baiting thread now.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    A game launches with 31 dungeons and 100 variations, and people make it into a bad thing? Geez..
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Is this the same person who accused the people who had issues with the game of being spoon fed haters. The same person who was baiting in their other thread but didn't have the polite to post again in that same thread.

Just a reminder OP http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/411308/page/1

Perhaps you would be kind enough to comment on many of the posts in your eso hate baiting thread now.

I'm not Ryan Getchell.  I'm Bill Murphy.  Both articles from different writers. ;)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    I think it is very brave of this site to give the game such a high score in present form. I would have given it 6 out of 10. 
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423

Social 8 - I say 4 due to the way questing with friends works, it doesn't, the game does everything ass backwards in terms of promoting a community.

Innovation 7 - I say 5, Really what's new here? Not a whole lot of anything.

Aesthetics 9 - I say 7, copy and paste dungeons get old very quickly.

Longevity 9 - The games tanking as we speak, best tune that down to 6, the fans will still hold on for a bit.

Polish 6 - That must be a typo on your part the bug riddled game gets 2 here.

Value 8 - The Imperial scam and the sub for a substandard game doesn't seem very valuable to me. I give it a 6.

Overall 7.9 - I disagree, I give it a 5.4

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

WOW, I had no idea!!! Do they look like copy/paste when inside them? 

Yes, they do. They're all pretty much identical.

Lol this is terrible. How can anyone be proud of the 30 over dungeons 100 over variations. Copy paste ad nauseam. Go check Everquest for how to do a proper dungeon. Truly sad state. Those dungeon designs are so terrible it is a travesty to even put them up. I only betaed and went into two dungeons I think which were very small but my god looking at this I just realised that almost all the dungeons are tiny. Dungeon delving should be a cornerstone of a game like this which you do with your friends but then again you cannot group properly in this game either .

I agree with the others the social score is way too high.

Chamber of Chains