Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just plopped $150, hope it was worth it?

13»

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Makidian
    Originally posted by steelwind
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

Do you guys even realize that you will be burn out after 3 months- and in every case- as f2p or sub member; you will all do the same- JUST a f2p player has paid 0 for that.

150 Dollar for 3 months for a game you didnt even TEST yet- is just outragous. Do you buy a car that you never tested before?

How long will it take -- till you realize- you just burned money for free.

Imagine the last game you played for 3 months (im sure that was a quality p2p game): Archage has f2p in mind- a whole different story.

Most of you all will stop playing after 3 months- right then when the real game starts- you just dont burn yourself before the real adventure starts. And paying a company to test their game- i think im gona make a game too and let the fools pay ME money to test my game. yes, because it IS foolish what you guys are doing. I could afford the alpha pack easy but i would never do support such shabby profits.

And those threads are getting annyoing: why does every alpha player think we care that they bought the pack?

You guys know it yourself that you made a mistake- you dont need our voice to tell you that- because thats where its heading.

If you would be happy with your purchase you would give a damn with our opinion. You made a mistake and its your fault for falling into a trap.

Do you realize you have no idea what you are talking about?

First, it isn't possible to scratch the surface of the game in three months, there is simply too much to do and aquire. You will need far far far more time than that. That is unless all you care about is combat and killing while ignoring the crafting and sandbox completely, then you may but if you are that kind of player you shouldn't be playing Archeage to begin with.

Second, 14 months of playing Archeage and counting....... Still have TONS of stuff to accomplish. Looking forward to starting over in NA as well.

So....before stating opinions as facts, you fail to realize that there are hordes of players with actual experience unlike you.

+1

+1 as well.

There are so many new generation players that simply cannot see how a game can be a long term home... It's scary. They have all been infected with a MMO tourism mentality of all these games being nothing but play hard, burn out, move on. 

AA is designed to be a main game and a long term investment. Three months is nothing in this world.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Salenger

There is a whole lot of crazy in this thread!

I mean $150 usd for alpha access? upcoming wipe? for a free to play game?

Yes, it's a known issue - people can't picture themselves or their picture neither in the current moment nor in the near future. So they continue what they can do best: Mindlessly consume.

Don't worry, issue is already been dealt with. Soon fixed.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

That title... so MURICA.

"Just dropped a bomb, hope only 'Terrorists' get killed?"

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Viper482

I mean $150 usd for alpha access? upcoming wipe? for a free to play game

I just dont get paying money to be a beta or alpha tester, even more so on a game you can play right now for free if you just wanted to try it out.  I ask because I really dont see it...

It has been explained multiple times at  length how the founders pack has substantial value beyond the alpha access for a lot of folks who will be playing this game in the long term.  

it also has to be noted that for a lot of people £109 is not a lot of money... 

buuut... I would guess, at this point, that if you 'don't see it' it is because you don't WANT to see it. I can't fix that so I will happily leave you to your wondering.

That aside, AA is a great game for those it appeals to and is to them worth it.

But not explained by the meat of the points you cut out of my post. If your to lazy to reply to the meat of someones post, dont reply =-)

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by davc123

Originally posted by Bcuda
    If you pay for the alpha. And the game sucks. They got your money.  I was so looking forward to ESO until I played the beta... Nope glad I passed. Game sucks . I hope Archage is great. But I wont pay to find out in Beta.

Like ESO you mean ppls buyed and is sux xD  ?

idk why alot of ppls are mad  maybe because  dont have enought money for Alpha ? :D

You are right if you check the past history of majority of the people complaining about people spending $150 for the game you find out that they are the people who are totally against paying any money on games that they play :p. I guess they are just jealous of the people who are actually in alpha and just venting their anger out on them.best thing to do is to ignore them :)

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Hrotha

That title... so MURICA.

Since you are using slurs to bash my country, is it ok that I call you a krout?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    IS there a way to get the game from EU and pay 150 dollars instead of the 139 euros. Quite big difference in cash. :P I know. I'm a cheap ass. But if there is a way to save ~30 bucks I rather do that. If there is a way to make it look like I buy the game from the US instead of EU. :P
  • huxerhuxer Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Hrotha

That title... so MURICA.

Since you are using slurs to bash my country, is it ok that I call you a krout?

This guys a German and he's talking about how americans don't think before they act?  Who was it that decided to back Hitler and his arian race again?  You sure you want to go down this road with us son?

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Do you guys even realize that you will be burn out after 3 months- and in every case- as f2p or sub member; you will all do the same- JUST a f2p player has paid 0 for that.

150 Dollar for 3 months for a game you didnt even TEST yet- is just outragous. Do you buy a car that you never tested before?

Imagine the last game you played for 3 months (im sure that was a quality p2p game): Archage has f2p in mind- a whole different story.

Most of you all will stop playing after 3 months- right then when the real game starts- you just dont burn yourself before the real adventure starts. And paying a company to test their game- i think im gona make a game too and let the fools pay ME money to test my game. yes, because it IS foolish what you guys are doing. I could afford the alpha pack easy but i would never do support such shabby profits.

And those threads are getting annyoing: why does every alpha player think we care that they bought the pack?

You guys know it yourself that you made a mistake- you dont need our voice to tell you that- because thats where its heading.

If you would be happy with your purchase you would give a damn with our opinion. You made a mistake and its your fault for falling into a trap.

First, it isn't possible to scratch the surface of the game in three months, there is simply too much to do and aquire. You will need far far far more time than that. That is unless all you care about is combat and killing while ignoring the crafting and sandbox completely, then you may but if you are that kind of player you shouldn't be playing Archeage to begin with.

Second, 14 months of playing Archeage and counting....... Still have TONS of stuff to accomplish. Looking forward to starting over in NA as well.

So....before stating opinions as facts, you fail to realize that there are hordes of players with actual experience unlike you.

+1

+1 as well.

There are so many new generation players that simply cannot see how a game can be a long term home... It's scary. They have all been infected with a MMO tourism mentality of all these games being nothing but play hard, burn out, move on. 

AA is designed to be a main game and a long term investment. Three months is nothing in this world.

+1

Originally posted by Viper482

I mean $150 usd for alpha access? upcoming wipe? for a free to play game

I just dont get paying money to be a beta or alpha tester, even more so on a game you can play right now for free if you just wanted to try it out.  I ask because I really dont see it...

It has been explained multiple times at  length how the founders pack has substantial value beyond the alpha access for a lot of folks who will be playing this game in the long term.  

it also has to be noted that for a lot of people £109 is not a lot of money... 

buuut... I would guess, at this point, that if you 'don't see it' it is because you don't WANT to see it. I can't fix that so I will happily leave you to your wondering.

That aside, AA is a great game for those it appeals to and is to them worth it.

But not explained by the meat of the points you cut out of my post. If your to lazy to reply to the meat of someones post, dont reply =-)

The fact is that you have ignored the explanations people have provided as to why this is good value to them, yet you obviously expect us to hang and answer to your every word or don't reply.

Your name calling ('lazy') is not required btw, nor does it add anything to the conversation (except to troll for an emotional response). 

The fact is that is HAS been explained numerous times why people think this pack has value to them. Why can't you understand their point of view? I mean, you don't have to agree with it, but what's stopping you from understanding it?

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208

+1

+1 as well.

Yep, I played eq2 for 6 years. I will do the same with AA.

• YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Fantastic gameplay, lots to do...lovely graphics and sound. I only wished I'd not gone ahead and doshed out £80 or whatever it was for the disappointment which was ESO, and put it toward this. Archeage is definitely my new time sink. Nothing else is getting a look in. Anyways... must dash - I think my strawberries are ready to harvest!
  • fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64

im not one of the new players. ive been playing mmos since 2001 probably. So im not new, i just got older and moved with the time. Im not against the new trend because time has value. Maybe if you want to live your live in a virtual world- then yes 3 months are nothing. AA is designed to make you pay money to speed up the process of gathering and farming. It is not made for your interest alone.

Ive played Eq2, Eq1 and all other bs that was out that time ago- wich was great that time! but for todays standard-no.

MMo tourism has nothing to do with it, just people that look at their time more carefully but also lets not forget- mmos have alot more competition today. If it cant grab a players attention fast its doomed to fail very fast.

[mod edit]

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

im not one of the new players. ive been playing mmos since 2001 probably. So im not new, i just got older and moved with the time. Im not against the new trend because time has value. Maybe if you want to live your live in a virtual world- then yes 3 months are nothing. AA is designed to make you pay money to speed up the process of gathering and farming. It is not made for your interest alone.

Ive played Eq2, Eq1 and all other bs that was out that time ago- wich was great that time! but for todays standard-no.

MMo tourism has nothing to do with it, just people that look at their time more carefully but also lets not forget- mmos have alot more competition today. If it cant grab a players attention fast its doomed to fail very fast.

And again no, mmos will be and never can be a home- you carebears need to grow up! Spending 150 Dollar was very childish and no way rational. If you would tell the people, family around you what you have done- they would laugh at you!

Oh the Irony of you telling people to grow up ..... I laughed so  much I nearly wet my pants ...

• JeepEscapeJeepEscape Member UncommonPosts: 64

I bought it a few days ago and I don't regret it one bit.  My daughter, who was playing GW2, tried it out on her own character, and then left GW2 for good to play AA.  We're both loving the game, and really looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Originally posted by summitus

Ive played Eq2, Eq1 and all other bs that was out that time ago- wich was great that time! but... /edit for waffle

Oh the Irony of you telling people to grow up ..... I laughed so  much I nearly wet my pants ...

lol IKR.

30% empty waffle, 30% insults, 30% just making stuff up based on his own reflection. He says he isn't an fickle MMO tourist, but then goes on to clearly demonstrate that he is (one that clearly can't understand why others want a long term game home, just because he doesn't).

As if he has a right to an opinion on what other people feel is good value, supporting a game they love.

I don't know why people that don't want to spend the money care so much that others do... Unless it is just some form of jealousy. I am not sure.

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

I'm so on the fence regarding this one.  

On the one hand, I don't like the idea of paying to alpha / beta test a game and I think gamers are sending the wrong message to developers when we throw our money at these types of founders packs.    It's a slippery slope that isn't in the gamer's best interest long term.

On the other hand, I like Trion as a company and always try to support them when I can.  ArcheAge is also looking like a really fun MMO that may actually become a long term game for my friends and I.  

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

We don't really need a new thread every time someone purchases a package.

Additionally, many others have been giving their opinions of the game in multiple threads here, including this similarly themed one: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/411573/serious-question-if-I-do-decide-to-put-down-15000-on-this-game.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.