Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage Alpha from the EU?

gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

Has anyone in the EU bought the Alpha access, and if so, what was the final price?

Also I guess the server is in NA, but how is the connection latency?

Comments

• AennyAenny Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I did and payed 134 € and the connection is laggy, 1-2 freezes in one minute. But AA is lot of fun, was waiting for it since CB 4 in Korea.
  • BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50

I'm playing from EU and have no real issues with lag and I haven't crashed once since I started.

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Playing from Europe and I have no issues with lags :-)
  • summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Pop in here and say me too , no problems playing from Uk , no lag or crashes etc. 
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    glad to hear no server problems from uk cheers dude i was wondering about that,off to buy it now.
  • eyesadieyesadi Member UncommonPosts: 56
    You won't regret it!
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

From EU here as well, not really any lag at all. Server has been up 99% of the time I've been in the Alpha. Glad I bought in.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Na, the Servers are in the US. Why pay for the Alpha when they extablish the server in EU during beta. You had a better ping playing the RUS version.

• Zetm0rZetm0r Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Aenny
    I did and payed 134 € and the connection is laggy, 1-2 freezes in one minute. But AA is lot of fun, was waiting for it since CB 4 in Korea.

You mean a graphical freeze every 30s? That's not a network issue, but a buggy DX11 engine.

Just switch to DX9, it won't change anything graphically anyway, and you won't have anymore freezes with AA alpha.

No lag at all to the alpha server here from Paris (with a very good connection though).

• wishsalerwishsaler Member UncommonPosts: 14
    save ur money . Go play rusian server , yea it`s on russian language but still no1 want you to spend 150$ on some alpha, check the game there and decide did u wanna guy it.
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

I play from the EU and it's fine.  There are some times when there's a bit of ability lag, but generally it seems like at peak times and people are complaining in the global chat that there's lag -- so maybe it's not latency to the server.

Overall I would say it's fine to play from the EU.

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    i bought it from uk i think i payed £106,as far as the server goes it is in us and i do get a bit of lag not severe though,i notice some delay on key press of spells/shots  as hunter but not all the time overall its not bad for us servers so worth trying out if you can afford it.btw the game is huge and so much to do you feel overwhelmed at first but  you soon find your feet so to speak.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

Anyone know when Beta starts for US/EU ?

No f***ing way am I paying €134 for alpha access.