Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just plopped $150, hope it was worth it?

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Been watching streams the last 2 days after work.  I'm about 99% positive I'll buy it Sunday heading into my off days from work.  So far I'm liking everything I've been seeing about the game.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by masterdtox

People that def this BS, have enough cash they don't care, and its fine. But if people have some common sense, they would know that this is just a CASH SCAM..

I guess i will start selling stuff that i don't have yet to people, so i can buy the products and then ship it to the buyer. The only thing is they need to wait a few months for it, but i can send them pictures of the product and maybe with a nice commercial video to keep them warm. Sounds like a legit business idea.

right? right? ;-)

That $150 will help the studio transition to a good working Western translation.  In return I get to play the game right now and when it releases get all sorts of goodies that a great majority of people will either have to spend money on or farm like crazy to acquire.  I call the upfront fee a blessing.  Plus I have the disposable income to plop down thrice that amount if I wanted.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Been watching streams the last 2 days after work.  I'm about 99% positive I'll buy it Sunday heading into my off days from work.  So far I'm liking everything I've been seeing about the game.

That's what I did first , watched some Streams and got a load of information for myself and then bought it , Its sad to see the usual misinformed people Trolling these threads at every opportunity they get.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Good job OP I considered it but in the end I opted to go.get the $500 Transformers founder's pack

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by masterdtox

People that def this BS, have enough cash they don't care, and its fine. But if people have some common sense, they would know that this is just a CASH SCAM..

I guess i will start selling stuff that i don't have yet to people, so i can buy the products and then ship it to the buyer. The only thing is they need to wait a few months for it, but i can send them pictures of the product and maybe with a nice commercial video to keep them warm. Sounds like a legit business idea.

right? right? ;-)

With the exception that i can log in every time i want and enjoy the game as it was live. Will it get wiped? I really don't care. This is the 3rd time i start over a 4th won't change much, oh 5 if we consider beta.

You say it's not a legit business idea; but you didn't buy it so how exactly did you get scammed? Did they scam your feelings?

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64

Do you guys even realize that you will be burn out after 3 months- and in every case- as f2p or sub member; you will all do the same- JUST a f2p player has paid 0 for that.

150 Dollar for 3 months for a game you didnt even TEST yet- is just outragous. Do you buy a car that you never tested before?

How long will it take -- till you realize- you just burned money for free.

Imagine the last game you played for 3 months (im sure that was a quality p2p game): Archage has f2p in mind- a whole different story.

Most of you all will stop playing after 3 months- right then when the real game starts- you just dont burn yourself before the real adventure starts. And paying a company to test their game- i think im gona make a game too and let the fools pay ME money to test my game. yes, because it IS foolish what you guys are doing. I could afford the alpha pack easy but i would never do support such shabby profits.

And those threads are getting annyoing: why does every alpha player think we care that they bought the pack?

You guys know it yourself that you made a mistake- you dont need our voice to tell you that- because thats where its heading.

If you would be happy with your purchase you would give a damn with our opinion. You made a mistake and its your fault for falling into a trap.

• huxerhuxer Member Posts: 12

Meh, I dunno.  Kinda weird that some people are acting like it's a total rip off and some are dumb for buying in.  150 dollars is a lot for a game and since I'm still playing Dark Souls 2 I'll wait and pick up a smaller package when I'm done with that...maybe, I might just join in anyways next week.  I have to assume that it's sticker shock.  The people who bought it so far have seemed pretty happy with it. It's only the people who didn't that are bashing this guys thread about how he likes it and feels it meets his value requirements.

3 months subscription gotta be like 45 bucks yea?   Then 75 bucks worth of in-game cash which CAN be used to buy subscriptions.  Right there you have what 8 months of membership after the game starts.   So, yes 120 of the 150 dollars is immediately accounted for expenditure wise so long as you plan to play the game for the long haul.  I'm betting the people that jumped into the alpha are probably in for the long haul too.  So 30 bucks to play now and get some items or whatever, yea it's still a decent chunk but no unreasonable like some here would suggest.

Personally, I feel that MMOs are still one of the most cost effective hobbies I can have and it really would be nice if they were better funded since the cost effectivness ceiling has quite far to go before it would be better than picking up the newest single player games when they come out.   I have xbox friends I see what it's like for them.  So cool, sandbox title is getting early support, I'm gonna finish up what I'm doing here and I'll be along shortly to join you guys.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

Do you guys even realize that you will be burn out after 3 months- and in every case- as f2p or sub member; you will all do the same- JUST a f2p player has paid 0 for that.

150 Dollar for 3 months for a game you didnt even TEST yet- is just outragous. Do you buy a car that you never tested before?

Imagine the last game you played for 3 months (im sure that was a quality p2p game): Archage has f2p in mind- a whole different story.

Most of you all will stop playing after 3 months- right then when the real game starts- you just dont burn yourself before the real adventure starts. And paying a company to test their game- i think im gona make a game too and let the fools pay ME money to test my game. yes, because it IS foolish what you guys are doing. I could afford the alpha pack easy but i would never do support such shabby profits.

And those threads are getting annyoing: why does every alpha player think we care that they bought the pack?

You guys know it yourself that you made a mistake- you dont need our voice to tell you that- because thats where its heading.

If you would be happy with your purchase you would give a damn with our opinion. You made a mistake and its your fault for falling into a trap.

If you also take in to account that Trion was very slow in to localizing the game - they claimed they had 80% done last december, now is May and it's still isn't done. I wouldn't give them even 1$ for such a poor job.

Even Russians done 10x time better job at both localization ( like they didn't changed the name of an entire race Ferre to some silly Firran, like Trion did) and advertising - they had posted over 200 articles on the game befor Russian Beta began, lots of promotions as well, and they weren't so money grabing like Trion - Russians only had 1 pack for a price of 17$.

I can only feel sorry for all thouse people that bought 150$ pack, they don't realised just how much they got scammed by Trion.

Sorry to disappoint you sir ,but I haven't made a mistake , I'm really enjoying my purchase ........ [mod edit]

Originally posted by Jonas_SG

If you also take in to account that Trion was very slow in to localizing the game - they claimed they had 80% done last december, now is May and it's still isn't done. I wouldn't give them even 1$ for such a poor job.

Even Russians done 10x time better job at both localization ( like they didn't changed the name of an entire race Ferre to some silly Firran, like Trion did) and advertising - they had posted over 200 articles on the game befor Russian Beta began, lots of promotions as well, and they weren't so money grabing like Trion - Russians only had 1 pack for a price of 17$.

I can only feel sorry for all thouse people that bought 150$, they don't realised just how much they got scammed by Trion.

It really is becoming quite fascinating reading your continuing fantasy about Trion scamming everyone .... you really really are quite persistent with this aren't you.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    inths because i am pacing myself with the tart actually being the launch of the game for me.  I scale what I am doing leveling slowly, scoping out areas for my house etc.  I wont actually touch crafting till I'm level 20.....or housing or farming etc ...if you do it right you won't hate the game you will appreciate it a lot more for what it is...the best sandbox in over a decade

so say we all

• BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    If you pay for the alpha. And the game sucks. They got your money.  I was so looking forward to ESO until I played the beta... Nope glad I passed. Game sucks . I hope Archage is great. But I wont pay to find out in Beta.
  • BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50

Totally worth it in my book.

I was a bit afraid since I have seen some not so positive posts on forums but for me it was a long time since I had this much fun.

I ditched beta weekends of WildStar to play this, and WildStar if fun to in my opinion (have preordered and going to play for sure)

But yes, $150 is a heck of a lot of money.

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by jonrd463

Worth is subjective. I got it and don't regret it. Your experience might be different.

But for those who don't understand why we'd do it.... well, look at it this way: I could easily blow $150 within the first hour or two of a night on the town, and what am I left with? A hangover? Some cow in my bed who looked much better after 4 drinks? With this, I've got early access to a game I've been anticipating for the last 3 years, and hours upon hours of entertainment. Compared to a night out, this is a much better value. And the best part, since the game has already been live for Korea and Russia, is that the only thing alpha about it is the incomplete translation of stuff like cut scenes and NPC greetings. No game-breaking bugs, at least for me. So it's not like I'm constantly glitching out and paying for the privilege of telling Trion about it.

Had to quote this for being very well said.

• Originally posted by Salenger

There is a whole lot of crazy in this thread!

I mean $150 usd for alpha access? upcoming wipe? for a free to play game?

$ 150 not only gives you alpha access. too much in-game items, goodness and buffs with more experience like subcribers.

This game F2P but there will be still subcripcion option to get much more from game.. Thats $ 150 gives that to you for few months..

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by summitus

I can only feel sorry for all thouse people that bought 150$, they don't realised just how much they got scammed by Trion.

It really is becoming quite fascinating reading your continuing fantasy about Trion scamming everyone .... you really really are quite persistent with this aren't you.

Do you guys realize even how long 3 months for a mmo are? Thats insane! and 150 Dollar for a 3 months f2p quality game- thats even more awkward!

Originally posted by summitus

Do you guys realize even how long 3 months for a mmo are? Thats insane! and 150 Dollar for a 3 months f2p quality game- thats even more awkward!

F2p quality ...  who's talking about quality here ?, Archeage is vastly superior to a lot of Sub based mmo's.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Originally posted by Salenger

I mean $150 usd for alpha access? upcoming wipe? for a free to play game?

^T-H-I-S^

Not trolling, I just cannot help but open these threads. It is like the freak show at a circus, or a car wreck. Seriously....the op actually posted this thread AFTER he threw down $150 for the game? Who does that?

More power to ya'll, I just don't get it. Old school meant I tested your game for you, in return I got ......to test your game for you. That was it. This has gotten nuts. Early release where you get a discount on the game I can see, this $150 stuff for what is going to be a free 2 play game is ludicrous.

I just dont get paying money to be a beta or alpha tester, even more so on a game you can play right now for free if you just wanted to try it out. Just by going to the RU side of things. It's F2P so when its released no one will be paying that big of a fee. Saddest part of it is, the game has been out forever so all you are testing is the English side of things and the server side of things. So your 150 bucks is not even a long term investment in play time as this beta process will not be long. On top of that, the amount they are charging is sick. I pay 60 bucks for a released game, where is the value in that? I ask because I really dont see it...

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Bacchira
    Originally posted by jonrd463

Worth is subjective. I got it and don't regret it. Your experience might be different.

But for those who don't understand why we'd do it.... well, look at it this way: I could easily blow $150 within the first hour or two of a night on the town, and what am I left with? A hangover? Some cow in my bed who looked much better after 4 drinks? With this, I've got early access to a game I've been anticipating for the last 3 years, and hours upon hours of entertainment. Compared to a night out, this is a much better value. And the best part, since the game has already been live for Korea and Russia, is that the only thing alpha about it is the incomplete translation of stuff like cut scenes and NPC greetings. No game-breaking bugs, at least for me. So it's not like I'm constantly glitching out and paying for the privilege of telling Trion about it.

Had to quote this for being very well said.

Cows need love too.

150 dollars / hours played in Alpha = 25 cents an hour 

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by Bcuda
    If you pay for the alpha. And the game sucks. They got your money.  I was so looking forward to ESO until I played the beta... Nope glad I passed. Game sucks . I hope Archage is great. But I wont pay to find out in Beta.

Like ESO you mean ppls buyed and is sux xD  ?

idk why alot of ppls are mad  maybe because  dont have enought money for Alpha ? :D

• 77777777 Member Posts: 41

There appears to be 3 types of people:

Type A:  Too impatient to wait for full release, so they purchase founders and obtain alpha access.

Type B:  Patient enough to wait for full release.  Mostly quiet.

[mod edit]

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    I'm completely hooked.. Having a great time!  I don't regret the purchase at all.  I'm definitely going to play alpha up until launch.  There is so much to do.

Same. 

I wouldn't recommend anything to anyone, least of all a stranger on the internet, but for me this game is amazing.

The overwhelming vibe in game is a good one as well.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Do you realize you have no idea what you are talking about?

First, it isn't possible to scratch the surface of the game in three months, there is simply too much to do and aquire. You will need far far far more time than that. That is unless all you care about is combat and killing while ignoring the crafting and sandbox completely, then you may but if you are that kind of player you shouldn't be playing Archeage to begin with.

Second, 14 months of playing Archeage and counting....... Still have TONS of stuff to accomplish. Looking forward to starting over in NA as well.

So....before stating opinions as facts, you fail to realize that there are hordes of players with actual experience unlike you.

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by steelwind

Do you realize you have no idea what you are talking about?

First, it isn't possible to scratch the surface of the game in three months, there is simply too much to do and aquire. You will need far far far more time than that. That is unless all you care about is combat and killing while ignoring the crafting and sandbox completely, then you may but if you are that kind of player you shouldn't be playing Archeage to begin with.

Second, 14 months of playing Archeage and counting....... Still have TONS of stuff to accomplish. Looking forward to starting over in NA as well.

So....before stating opinions as facts, you fail to realize that there are hordes of players with actual experience unlike you.

+1

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Originally posted by Salenger

I mean $150 usd for alpha access? upcoming wipe? for a free to play game

I just dont get paying money to be a beta or alpha tester, even more so on a game you can play right now for free if you just wanted to try it out.  I ask because I really dont see it...

It has been explained multiple times at  length how the founders pack has substantial value beyond the alpha access for a lot of folks who will be playing this game in the long term.  

it also has to be noted that for a lot of people £109 is not a lot of money... 

buuut... I would guess, at this point, that if you 'don't see it' it is because you don't WANT to see it. I can't fix that so I will happily leave you to your wondering.

That aside, AA is a great game for those it appeals to and is to them worth it.

This discussion has been closed.