Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Coming in Future Updates" Interesting

Comments

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214
    ESO justice system - Everyone gets a refund!
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by CoffeeBreak
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    The sour bitching here about a really interesting set of additions to the game illustrates everything that is wrong with this game and the impression it's poor launch has left on it's customers both current and potential.

Fixed for you...no thanks required :)

You should try the game.  It's weird that someone would post so many negative comments about a game they haven't played.

I'd assume its because they are bored from not having any MMO to play. That and some people can't be happy if people like something they don't, The only time they will be happy is if they make sure everyone is just as unhappy or more so then themselves

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Is there a date for any of these systems?
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    The sour bitching here about a really interesting set of additions to the game illustrates everything that is wrong with this game and the impression it's poor launch has left on it's customers both current and potential.

You should try the game.  It's weird that someone would post so many negative comments about a game they haven't played.

Pffft...I spent a fair few hours round at a rl friends house checking out the beta and *almost* bought it. I was on the fence having purchased three or four new games around the time ESO launched so thought I would wait and see how the first month panned out. I have 6 rl friends in my close social / gaming circle who have all been playing mmorpgs along with me for over a decade and I trust their opinion.

All 6 have of them have chosen not to sub after the free month and we have discussed the games pros and cons ad nauseum...judging by their feedback plus the public clusterfuck that the games launch has turned out to be I made the right choice.

That doesnt mean I don't get urked by the shameless white knighting and bizarre level of fanboyism that goes on around here though where the ESO-Mafia rip apart anyone who has issues with the game, try to imply the myriad of issues and bugs / hacks / bots / poor design decisions / poor customer service etc etc do not exist, are made up or are the product of some hate campaign instead of being real issues experienced by real paying customers.

I am sure I will try it at some point as I have played all the other ES games plus FO3...maybe when I have a blank window in my gaming schedule, probably once it goes F2P....far too busy beta testing WS and dieing in DS2 right now though :)

I agree with you.  It make lot more sense for someone that doesn't play a game and who has never played a game to dedicate a decent amount of time to criticizing the game.  It's crazy to think that any of the thousands of people playing the game like it and would like to post about liking it. 

Just think.  If you didn't spend time in forums for games you don't play you wouldn't have to see the shameless white knighting and bizarre level of fanboyism.  But who would put the fanboys in their place if not you?  No one.  Keep fighting the good fight.

LoL +1

• SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88
    I love these forums. A company becomes more transparent and people bitch. Just love it. SO much hate.
  • oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139

Pffft...I spent a fair few hours round at a rl friends house checking out the beta and *almost* bought it. I was on the fence having purchased three or four new games around the time ESO launched so thought I would wait and see how the first month panned out. I have 6 rl friends in my close social / gaming circle who have all been playing mmorpgs along with me for over a decade and I trust their opinion.

All 6 have of them have chosen not to sub after the free month and we have discussed the games pros and cons ad nauseum...judging by their feedback plus the public clusterfuck that the games launch has turned out to be I made the right choice.

That doesnt mean I don't get urked by the shameless white knighting and bizarre level of fanboyism that goes on around here though where the ESO-Mafia rip apart anyone who has issues with the game, try to imply the myriad of issues and bugs / hacks / bots / poor design decisions / poor customer service etc etc do not exist, are made up or are the product of some hate campaign instead of being real issues experienced by real paying customers.

I am sure I will try it at some point as I have played all the other ES games plus FO3...maybe when I have a blank window in my gaming schedule, probably once it goes F2P....far too busy beta testing WS and dieing in DS2 right now though :)

Ok so you haven't played, but you watched someone else play? So who cares what you think eh?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

Probably around February 30th image

That their making a statement about a 'wishlist' of things they intend to add in the future, does seem to indicate a certain amount of desperation. The best thing they could do right now is keep on fixing the game, fixing the grouping issues should really be up near the top of the list, the longer this keeps on being an issue, the worse the perception of Zenimax's ability to fix the game will be, and as a corollary, their ability to successfully implement these features within a reasonable time frame. image

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by oldboygamer

Ok so you haven't played, but you watched someone else play? So who cares what you think eh?

You obviously haven't watched the 'lets play' on Youtube vids, their a huge advertisement for whatever game is being played, and yes, depending on how good or bad it is, it will affect sales of that game.

So if people are turned off of buying a game by just watching someone else play said game, then the ones who care about it are usually the sales department of that games developers.

And yes, i have bought games in the past solely on the basis of watching other people play them, albeit on youtube.image

• SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Phry

You obviously haven't watched the 'lets play' on Youtube vids, their a huge advertisement for whatever game is being played, and yes, depending on how good or bad it is, it will affect sales of that game.

So if people are turned off of buying a game by just watching someone else play said game, then the ones who care about it are usually the sales department of that games developers.

And yes, i have bought games in the past solely on the basis of watching other people play them, albeit on youtube.image

There is a difference though. That thought process is exact what is wrong with this planet.

People can buy/not buy a game based on someone else's experience and it be a valid reason. Reviews are a good source of information about a game.

To watch someone else play and then claim that the game is good/bad based on that person's experience is just stupid. Everyone experiences life differently. You cannot make a claim that something is good or bad without actually experiencing it yourself because YOU do not know.

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236

Agreed.  After watching people doing the start zones in Archeage I can confidently say that it is just an average themepark, questgrinder.  Wow-clone with a more realistic skin.

And I've been to Korea and that is not how their cat people look at all.  /fail

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

Probably around February 30th image

That their making a statement about a 'wishlist' of things they intend to add in the future, does seem to indicate a certain amount of desperation. The best thing they could do right now is keep on fixing the game, fixing the grouping issues should really be up near the top of the list, the longer this keeps on being an issue, the worse the perception of Zenimax's ability to fix the game will be, and as a corollary, their ability to successfully implement these features within a reasonable time frame. image

It awfully, awfully reminds of SWTOR. It also had "leaked" raodmap (with culmination as Makeb the biggest free update ever) on their official fan site Darth Hater, and even when it was apparent it was going under they still talked of Makeb before end of the year and we all know how well that ended.

People here have memory like 2 year olds apparently.

*oooh, and also, after first month, all server related problems started to magically disappear. But it bit the in their backs when F2P launched because servers got some load again, and they, of course, havent really fixed anything.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

...except that they're rolling out their first big adventure zone and doing other things that were in a prior list just like this.  They've been extremely responsive on things like fixing quest glitches and on other improvements and tweaks.

• XionarXionar Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    I have to admit, Zenimax appears to be taking a few logical steps here considering their bad start, plus the additions to the game are unique and interesting, along with a few heavily desired mainstays people are getting used to in other MMO's.  

It's sad that they still haven't mentioned anything about housing.  A lot of MMO'ers don't understand the need for it, but a lot of ESO'ers would love it.  Assuming it's done well.

It just so happens that housing was discussed today a little bit in the Reddit AMA.

Any plans on housing in the future?

• We really want to do player housing, but we want to do it right. We don’t have a time-frame to share yet.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    The sour bitching here about a really interesting set of additions to the game illustrates everything that is wrong with this forum.

Agreed it really is pathetic. Anyway my favorite SLI SUPPORT :-) yay lol

There Is Always Hope!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by jblah

It looks like the extra 5 days is only for those who have not cancelled their subs yet.  The good news is if you resub by 8PM EDT today you can get the extra 5 days.

That's kind of lame, it should have been to everyone even if you unsubbed but left in good standing, you know not one of those that did a chargeback refund thing from paypal like that one thread about it here.

I unsubbed a couple of days ago, as the amount of time I spend playing the game for me doesn't justify continuing to sub to it atm, I will usually take a month or 2, sub again for a month or 2 rinse and repeat, which is what I have done in LOTRO and AoC before they went f2p. I guess ESO wont even get that far with me now.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Wow, that's a great of damage control between both Zenimax and some of the articles I've seen floating around as of late. The sales must have been a disaster.  Promise the moon and the stars in the hopes that people will just "get it" and stick around for one quarterly report. Next, pay off some reviewers and get the "it's not that bad, haters gonna hate" mumbo jumbo rolling. I think SWOTR may go down as a success after this disaster. 
  • venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Xionar
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    I have to admit, Zenimax appears to be taking a few logical steps here considering their bad start, plus the additions to the game are unique and interesting, along with a few heavily desired mainstays people are getting used to in other MMO's.  

It's sad that they still haven't mentioned anything about housing.  A lot of MMO'ers don't understand the need for it, but a lot of ESO'ers would love it.  Assuming it's done well.

It just so happens that housing was discussed today a little bit in the Reddit AMA.

Any plans on housing in the future?

• We really want to do player housing, but we want to do it right. We don’t have a time-frame to share yet.

So, basically, nothing was said.

Originally posted by Panzerbase
    Wow, that's a great of damage control between both Zenimax and some of the articles I've seen floating around as of late. The sales must have been a disaster.  Promise the moon and the stars in the hopes that people will just "get it" and stick around for one quarterly report. Next, pay off some reviewers and get the "it's not that bad, haters gonna hate" mumbo jumbo rolling. I think SWOTR may go down as a success after this disaster. 

lol your post was so silly. You may not like the design of the game, but they have been very good about delivering what they said would be in the game and have even changed course to appease fans be it first person view, the skipping of the starter islands, now chat bubbles. SWTOR failed to deliver an entire PVP planet and it was pulled completely. You really don't make any sense.

There Is Always Hope!

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Panzerbase

And there will still be the same 7 people and their alts complaining about everything, picking apart the little things and calling reviewers 'shills' because they don't agree with them. Anytime the dev teams post their plans for the game, they will be right there chanting "It's not enough" and "Too Little, Too Late" until they get bored and move on to the next hot game to complain about.

So in the end it will all balance out!

As for the OP:

It's a great list so far. Hopefully they can pull it off sooner rather than later.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

I wouldn't be surprised if this game looks and feels just like skyrim in the end.  That's where the real money is coming from and the player base.  I love all these features being added to the game.  In fact I hope this game becomes so identical to Skyrim that you would never be able to tell the difference, except in PVP.  Great list.  A+ Zenimax, on that list!

I would love to keep seeing updates of this kind for PVE.   I'll be a lifetime subber if they keep this up!

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    It all sounds good, but we need them asap, the VR content is extremely tiresome, and Cyrodill is losing its population rapidly.
    Originally posted by Knotwood

I wouldn't be surprised if this game looks and feels just like skyrim in the end.  That's where the real money is coming from and the player base.  I love all these features being added to the game.  In fact I hope this game becomes so identical to Skyrim that you would never be able to tell the difference, except in PVP.  Great list.  A+ Zenimax, on that list!

I would love to keep seeing updates of this kind for PVE.   I'll be a lifetime subber if they keep this up!

I hate to say it but that is a very unrealistic expectation. This is an MMO and that makes a big difference. Even graphically speaking, if they took Skyrim, populated it with hundreds of other players, the rending of what is on the screen for each player would cause everyone's FPS to come to a screeching halt until everyone upgraded to Titan Blacks in SLI...and even then it would probably have to be on low settings lol. I wish it was possible, trust me, I loved Skyrim, but the technology in everyone's home who would subscribe isn't close to being there yet.

There Is Always Hope!

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Chat bubbles incoming also.

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by RelGn

So i paid a month for playing on us megaserver and now they decided that their game runs like crap and build a european server.

Top immature job.

Not paying a a cent.They managed to destroy my first experience with the game pretty well.

Waiting for archeage

:) you are from mars? you dont read info if you buy something? this is known fact.. i hate ppl :(

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Superchieftian

There is a difference though. That thought process is exact what is wrong with this planet.

People can buy/not buy a game based on someone else's experience and it be a valid reason. Reviews are a good source of information about a game.

To watch someone else play and then claim that the game is good/bad based on that person's experience is just stupid. Everyone experiences life differently. You cannot make a claim that something is good or bad without actually experiencing it yourself because YOU do not know.

You defenders make me laugh...lets see, I've spent hours and hours watching rl friend/s play the game and have also spent 3 or 4 hours "driving" via the mouse and keyboard to experience how the game feels to play for MYSELF.

I've sat there and experienced my rl friends frustrations at the bugs, seen him fall through the world several times, seen him be unable to progress quests due to bugs and glitches. I've sat there and shared his frustration at the lag in PvP and the bad design choices in game. I've sat there and watched him comically try to group and share the MMO experience with others....which failed miserably.

I've also watched several hours on gamepay on youtube to see if the game improves at higher levels. I've also kept abreast of the latest ESO news and watched the poor launch from the sidelines. The only thing that makes you any different is that you spent money on the game and I didnt. All of the above equips me perfectly to voice my opinion on the game, thanks very much.

The game is bad. The graphics, animation and controls are meh. The design choices in game range from meh to outright bizarre. The game has lag in PvP when Mat Firror publicly said there would be none.

Even people who PLAY the game are saying that Cyridil is rapidly becoming empty. People seem to be leaving in droves. Even you fanboys are now in the acceptance phase and clinging on to lists of things that either should have been in at launch or will not happen at all or will be implemented poorly. It's blatantly obvious that the list of things that ZOS are talking about is nothing more than a desperate attempt at damage limitation to stem the tide of unsubscribers.

We are now out of the first month right? Where are those sales numbers? Or sub announcements? You know, like every other game announces?

If you enjoy the game, great, but that doesnt mean its a good game. It's certainly the worst ES game I have ever played and the huge number of people that seem to cancelling would appear to agree with that statement.