Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So..how is it?

SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322
I played the beta a tiny bit, but didn't get much of a chance to really sit down and play.  How is it so far?  Worth picking up? I don't mind some bugs, mostly looking for fun factor and build/character diversity.  Thanks!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Sevensodd
    I played the beta a tiny bit, but didn't get much of a chance to really sit down and play.  How is it so far?  Worth picking up? I don't mind some bugs, mostly looking for fun factor and build/character diversity.  Thanks!

Well, I got a refund for my purchase of the game. I had a pretty bad experience. I encountered too many bugs throughout the game that stifled my progress.If you manage to experience the game without bugs it's some what enjoyable.

The graphics are nice, but since you played the beta you already know what it looks like.

The quests can be hit and miss and the voice acting can very poor quality at times.

The PvP is fun; I'd compare it to Guild Wars 2 WvWvW on a slightly larger scale

The veteran dungeons are quite easy in terms of mechanics.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I seem to recall you posting you made it to Veteran Ranks. So how was your progress stifled?

If youre not the one i'm thinking of, my apologies.

The game has bugs. They are working to fix them, or have fixed a lot of them. Personally I'm enjoying the game.

I'm not in a rush to level and I enjoy questing. Not trying to talk anyone into buying it; I just find it entertaining.

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322
    Thanks for the replies so far.    How is the diversity of builds/characters?   
  • ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219

It's hit or miss, I personally love the game!

You are going to see a lot of "This is the worst mmo is history" remarks though.

For some people its VERY buggy, for others, like me, it's almost bug free.

PVP is jacked right now due to serious imbalance.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

IMO it's a great game. Like mentioned character customization is top notch. Also, it's the first MMO I've actually cared about the PvE. The world exploration is great. All crafting professions available to skill up in.

Love the combat too.

The only bugs I've come across is not being able to pass through doors. But a quick relogin fixes it.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    I really enjoy it. Issues like bugs are being ironed out pretty quickly, and it's first big patch with Craglorn is coming very soon. 
  • PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    VR2 Sorc myself.  Really enjoying it, I would recommend especially since they have fixed a ton of bugs over the last couple weeks.
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Might be good in 2-3 months. If it usually takes you a while to hit endgame you could probably pick it up now and be ok. If you burn through levels fast I'd wait until mid/late summer to give it a go.

I'm VR6 and will be taking a break until some of the more game breaking bugs/imbalances are sorted out.
  • kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229

I'd say give it a try... for me it's better than anything else right now, and they are making the right choices as far as content and game play are concerned. 

The game is nothing new as a whole - but they seem to have more of what I like than I dislike.  I've already got more time in it that I put into GW2.  The last game I capped a toon in was SWTOR, and I'm enjoying ESO more than that... so I see no reason I won't make it to endgame with this title.

I generally take the negative comments about the game, or anything for that matter, with a grain of salt.  People that dislike something tend to complain and/or post more than those that enjoy something.  Haters gonna hate.. all that etc...

Bottom-line, if you like MMO's and like Elder Scrolls - there is enough here for a few a few good play sessions.  Enjoy!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Sevensodd

It's a good solid MMO. It has some bugs, some improvements to the UI need to be made, but other than that in my opinion it's the best option available on the market right now. It's going to have some strong competition from WildStar when it goes live if they can get people more interested in the game, but I think ESO will be sticking around for years and years to come.

The only person who can make the decision on whether or not it's worth it is you. Everyone is different, as you see different opinions all over this thread, so I'm not going to tell you whether or not it's worth it for you, just that I am enjoying it far more than any other release I have played in the last 5 years.

Take from that what you will, give it a shot, if you like it great, if not, get a refund and go along your merry way :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

The game has a lot of bugs and I hear they are working on those, I am one of the few who encountered a bug in the main story that stopped me dead in my tracks on progression. I know that other players have this, but not many. 

The main bugs that I had were quest objects that would not work/draw, quest mobs that got stuck, quest npc that got stuck, all had to be reset buy logging to character select and back. Having to log out constantly and back in gets old quick. 

They seam to be working on the gold farmers, but I was still getting spam email yesterday, just not as much. 

I finally got angry yesterday, logged in and canceled my account before I got billed for the re-occuring sub that I had set up.

I might come back in a year once they get these things worked out, but right now the game is just about unplayable for me.

Some folks like the game, some folks don't.

I am going to miss some of the art work, some of the thunderstorms and other things like the way the horse ran. However the having to log out to reset stuff finally just made me angry. These type of bugs should not exist, and when you ask folk for help the first thing they say did you log out and back in.

• kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by erictlewis

The game has a lot of bugs and I hear they are working on those, I am one of the few who encountered a bug in the main story that stopped me dead in my tracks on progression. I know that other players have this, but not many. 

The main bugs that I had were quest objects that would not work/draw, quest mobs that got stuck, quest npc that got stuck, all had to be reset buy logging to character select and back. Having to log out constantly and back in gets old quick. 

They seam to be working on the gold farmers, but I was still getting spam email yesterday, just not as much. 

I finally got angry yesterday, logged in and canceled my account before I got billed for the re-occuring sub that I had set up.

I might come back in a year once they get these things worked out, but right now the game is just about unplayable for me.

Some folks like the game, some folks don't.

I am going to miss some of the art work, some of the thunderstorms and other things like the way the horse ran. However the having to log out to reset stuff finally just made me angry. These type of bugs should not exist, and when you ask folk for help the first thing they say did you log out and back in.

I had this happen to me also... but I think it's character related, that is the character gets bugged.  Reason I think this is because I was playing 2 toons at the same time through the same content (Daggerfall Cov) and only had to this on one of the toon.  I ended up deleting that toon and just continued on with the other.  I've since made a couple more toons and went through the same content without issue.

I do agree - if you are easily pissed about bugs the first few months in an MMO are not your best choice... but all in all, I've not had that many bugs due to quests recently.  (also, btw - I think a few of the early bugs we encountered was from the sheer number of people trying to do the same quests at the same time... game is still VERY populated, but runs well for me for the most part)

• BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Jep, awesome game.