Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online gets better

argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Its being a long time since i visited MO official forums. Occasionaly i read MMORPG forums regarding MO since its difficult to get a clear picture in official forums regarding the game itself due to heavy censhorship. Even in MMORPG i keep reading how everything is in a marvellous state in MO. That bugs are getting fixed. That population is ok. That economy is getting better etc etc. Its difficult for me to believe those opinions though since i played on and off MO for more than 3 years.

Today i decided to take a look at official MO forums and see hows the clime over there and i came up on this diamond thread http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-couldnt-fight-back-ginyu-story.99727/ 

Its really sad to see that nodelines where never fixed, that 9/10 times hits dont register when they re occuring inside that nodeline that happens to be in Tindrem... Its also sad to see few of the community bashing the OP of the thread cause he didnt knew the issue with the nodelines.

Long story short: Mortal online will always be riddled with bugs, exploits and  many many other crap. Fanboys might wanna present things the other way around but even if they succeed and manage to draw some attention towards MO, it will be for vain since there arent that many people out there willing  to tolerate all the gamebreaking issues around the game.

Comments

• dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64

You know its funny you just posted this.  I was thinking about trying MO again, but I also saw this post and laughed to myself about old bugs not getting fixed.

The real reason I decided not to resub was the post about Gutter Snipes keep having more health than everyone else.  And their own members confirming it only had 16k health when they got the keep, now it has 26k.  The devs responce to this problem is completely out of line.  If there is no way to make your keep have more health, then they need to make GS keep back to 16k.

There is no way I will play a game where the devs do sh*t like that.  Read the pay to win thread here, most of the official forums posts about it get deleted.  Yet another reason I wont sub.  If you are not willing to let people speak their mind about your game, then you are obviously ashamed with the current state of the game.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by argirop

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/invisible-player-new-bug-cheat.99733/

And it gets better and better....

Of course they close the thread.  

Invisible players used to happen all the time when the server had too many people in the same node.  Since this was small number of players, I suspect it was a hack.

[mod edit]

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by argirop

Its being a long time since i visited MO official forums. Occasionaly i read MMORPG forums regarding MO since its difficult to get a clear picture in official forums regarding the game itself due to heavy censhorship. Even in MMORPG i keep reading how everything is in a marvellous state in MO. That bugs are getting fixed. That population is ok. That economy is getting better etc etc. Its difficult for me to believe those opinions though since i played on and off MO for more than 3 years.

Today i decided to take a look at official MO forums and see hows the clime over there and i came up on this diamond thread http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-couldnt-fight-back-ginyu-story.99727/ 

Its really sad to see that nodelines where never fixed, that 9/10 times hits dont register when they re occuring inside that nodeline that happens to be in Tindrem... Its also sad to see few of the community bashing the OP of the thread cause he didnt knew the issue with the nodelines.

Long story short: Mortal online will always be riddled with bugs, exploits and  many many other crap. Fanboys might wanna present things the other way around but even if they succeed and manage to draw some attention towards MO, it will be for vain since there arent that many people out there willing  to tolerate all the gamebreaking issues around the game.

Agree...

Still, personally I can have more fun in MO than in any other MMO in this world. It features some irritating bugs, but it also has many features not offered in any other MMO on the market. MO will never be polished due to SV is a small company. SV will never be large company since MO concept does not bring much players and thus money, therefore there are not enough investors that could expect large money from investing. Developers like Zenimax have 100M$ budgets just to make fast selling MMO that could make fast return on capital investments, but as a result you don't get a game that one truly likes for more than a year. I play MO in a casual way for more than 3 years, no game has succeed in that, nor single playe, multiplayer nor MMO.

Games like MO has to crawl in the market and fight their way by tearing and biting, so unfortunately it is expected there are many dubious aspects here. Simply, today there is not enough market to quality fund games like MO, attracting top developers and top game designers. I am afraid this is best that we can get today. If it wasn't so, there would be another game similar to MO.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    sounds like he got lag switched

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    sounds like he got lag switched

Dunno if its lag switch. Its exactly like my first death in MO to a nodeline between sausage lake an Moh Ki that came from a invisible guildy of yours. Its too bad that MO gives a solid ground to shit like that happen and its sad that SV cant or dont wanna do anything about it.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

MO will always be better than ESO no matter what and we will never get our real ESO online so i'm content with MO.

Seriously, all mmorpg's nowadays are terrible, but to me, the only 2 mmorpg's that still exist in my eyes worth playing is MO and DF UW. 

I will only play mmo's that are not afraid to take risk and MO is one of them. I rather support MO than supporting an unrealistic Kickstarter project.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

MO will always be better than ESO no matter what and we will never get our real ESO online so i'm content with MO.

Seriously, all mmorpg's nowadays are terrible, but to me, the only 2 mmorpg's that still exist in my eyes worth playing is MO and DF UW. 

I will only play mmo's that are not afraid to take risk and MO is one of them. I rather support MO than supporting an unrealistic Kickstarter project.

What about Ultima Online and EVE online? Both are tons better than MO.

Keep on rockin'!image

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Komandor

UO is getting on a bit now and i find it really hard to play as i never played it when it was released... Eve is Sci-Fi and some people dont like that i guess.

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Originally posted by Komandor

UO is 2d and Eve is Sci Fi... try again, show me a open world PvP medieval fantasy game better polished than MO/DF