Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: Mounted Combat Subject of Latest Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Black Desert trailer to be released shows off mounted combat in the forthcoming title. According to beta reports, there is some limitation to the skills that can be used while simultaneously fighting and riding but it looks pretty amazing all in all. See what you think and let us know in the comments.

Source: MMOCulture.com

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    omg dat game !

l2p

• AndraviusAndravius Member UncommonPosts: 82
    They need to get rid of the "yeeeeaaaa" and "aiyee" sounds as you fight.  Annoying as heck.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    This game looks sooooo good.
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    the soundeffects sounds like a cheap arcade hall sound.
  • fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138
    sooooo stupid, i was interested in this game till now.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    That looks really good.
  • geoxer2222geoxer2222 Member Posts: 40
    WTF? that was worst mounted animations I've ever seen.
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by geoxer2222
    WTF? that was worst mounted animations I've ever seen.

It wasn't the mounting animations that seem off as much as how the developers are using the mounts.  If they are going to have mounted combat they really need to invest some time into developing weapons that are designed with the use of a mount in mind.   The only characters with halfway decent weapons for mounted combat are the archer and the mage.  The warrior really needs a lance, halberd, or spear to get some reach going as that sword doesn't look like it should even reach as far as it is.  I got mixed feelings on the giant: He's got enough reach and the knock down is pretty sweet, but it would help if the player could control which side the giant is swinging his axe on, otherwise it's basically Dynasty Warriors style Dian Wei (it was either Dian Wei or the other guy with the two halberds who has that swing left and swing right mounted attack).  

Actually, that would be sweet if we could get dynasty warriors style mounted combat going in this game.  That way people could have a mounted team that runs in and knocks over the other teams defensive lines, thus giving the ground based players an opening to get some swings in.  Not to mention war elephants!  =)

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I like the look and gameplay of this game, just hope it doesn't turn into another RaiderZ which started out great but turned out to be a very hollow game, but seeing the videos of PvP and city interactions it seems it may not.

I just want a game like this that is large, open world and full of content, if this is it then I will be very happy indeed. Nothing ruins a game like this worse than having hub zones and small areas.

• Temijin1Temijin1 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Arcade game. I'll pass.
  • Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by Temijin1
    Arcade game. I'll pass.

Agreed.

I was interested in the game prior to this video.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Is this a proper MMO or an arcade co-op beat-em-up ?

Seems like its the latter....

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well these videos actually doesnt show anything, better check this guy who has commentary and explains the game and its depth ...

no its not arcade style, except you consider C9 arcade style, but also wtf is for you arcade ? lol