Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transformers Universe: Founder's Packs Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Jagex has announced that interested players can take advantage of special perks with the arrival of Transformers Universe Founder's Packs. The packs range in price from the Cybernite Pack at $449.99 to the Bronze Pack for $44.99.

The extras are fully dependent on the pack purchased, but will range from equipment bundles, warrior upgrades and in-game tools, through to exclusive warriors and body kits. Founders will also be awarded in-game currency, season passes, free access to timed-exclusive warriors at launch and other in-game bonuses. For those Founders taking advantage of the top level cybernite pack they will receive a 50cm tall TRANSFORMERS Universe figurine that has been specially commissioned for the game, with a very limited worldwide run.

All Founders packs, of varying levels of value and content, are priced accordingly and are available for purchase today, Wednesday, April 30, guaranteeing all Founders a place on the Founders Honor Roll along with an exclusive Founders forum avatar immediately on purchase. 

Find out the exact perks in each pack on the Transformers Universe site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

sweet jesus thats a ton of qwan

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

I don't see this ending well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagex_Games_Studio

Love Transformers universe but will stay far away from any kool aid.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Selling a game for a hilarious price while it's not yet finished  is one of the modern MMO plagues.

A sign that a company is trying to sell a hype instead of a quality product.

Harbinger of Fools
  • SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88

I thought AA was a cash grab. This is just plain obvious.

We are going to see this more and more every MMORPG release. Why? Because people will buy into this behavior without a second thought. I'm almost willing to bet we will see a $1000 founder package before the end of the year from a new game. 

Then again, it happens a lot more then people think over at Kickstarter, so I suppose I really shouldn't be shocked.

• Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

Wow!

$449.00

Wow!

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Wow, for what is at best a very mediocre game, but of course there are a lot of fools that will fund them.
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Selling a game for a hilarious price while it's not yet finished  is one of the modern MMO plagues.

Thank gamers for that.

It's now become standart. "Aslong as it's the game that i love, it's ok. I have no problem". "What's that, another game did it? SCAM! RIP-OFF!". I've spot trying to vote my wallet a long time ago. I simply avoid situations that force me to pay "crazy money" and enjoy a game for a normal price if possible. Founders Pack for a F2P game? No thanks. I'll give my money in the release version. Maybe.

• i_own_ui_own_u Member UncommonPosts: 314
    $450. We're past April fools day...You can tell us the real price now.
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

Well I just got in the beta so ill post a review for the game when beta opens up tomorrow. 

I cant find the download button, I just checked out the site quickly after I got invited so im not for sure but it could be a browser game...

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    That's what you get for supporting alpha buy-ins.......
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by DEAD.line
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Thank gamers for that.

It's now become standart. "Aslong as it's the game that i love, it's ok. I have no problem". "What's that, another game did it? SCAM! RIP-OFF!". I've spot trying to vote my wallet a long time ago. I simply avoid situations that force me to pay "crazy money" and enjoy a game for a normal price if possible. Founders Pack for a F2P game? No thanks. I'll give my money in the release version. Maybe.

while I agree it's silly I don't see why it's such a huge deal to people if someone else does it. I mean when I see a $200,000 car drive by I don't bitch and moan about how a $15,000 car can do all the same things and it's the end of the world because some person buys a luxury item.

Just because I don't see the value doesn't mean others can't. We all have our things that make us happy, so ...big deal if this is one of them.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Well, not to be suprised, it's just new trend around the corner.
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Superchieftian

I thought AA was a cash grab. This is just plain obvious.

We are going to see this more and more every MMORPG release. Why? Because people will buy into this behavior without a second thought. I'm almost willing to bet we will see a $1000 founder package before the end of the year from a new game. 

Then again, it happens a lot more then people think over at Kickstarter, so I suppose I really shouldn't be shocked.

Star Citizen and Elite:Dangerous both have $300 packs. A very old text mud based on Raymond Feist's Midkemia has packages from a couple hundred dollars on up to several hundred the last time I checked. This isn't really that new it's just more common now.

Why shouldn't they sell packs to those who can afford to buy them? Most hobbies are very expensive - hunting, shooting, hiking, sailing, martial arts, automobile restoration, movie and book collecting, etc. You can get a lot out of video games for very little money by comparison. Do most of the forum members here expect to get everything free or for just $15 a month?

In all I do think a lot of games overcharge or are more expensive than what they're worth to me, so I don't fund them. I pay into games I want to keep playing. I guess this must appeal to some gamers. They wouldn't have made it on a guess.

Star Citizen has a 15k pack actually. They are all sold out.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Surely someone will soon be along to break this down into an equation that lets us know exactly how this is totally worth the price of admission. 

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Thats is what we are trying to tell everyone the founder's packs thing is a cash grab for any mmo or game . 

They started this thing for people that can't wait to play games and have money to burn. None should buy those founder's packs, else everyone of them will start using this to get games out on the market. It is cheaper for them to make it that way but they still produce crappy games.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Anytime you see a founders pack of this magnitude alarms should sound in your head going... "DANGER DANGER DANGER"
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well.... That seems... Reso.... *curses and throws a decently weighted bowl of snacks at the screen* Not only did they mess up so bad..  twice.. that they had to redesign the game in to what is now a mobarpg... or something... But they are asking people to shell out the defence budget of a small banana republic for "beta" access. And people complained when MW:O had golden mechs... They at least was just a vanity item.

I wish them the best of luck...

This have been a good conversation

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I prefer people who buy founder packs over people who request refunds on games.   especially after they put countless hours in and decide they are done or some bug gets them mad.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I expect we will see more and more of this with increasing price tags.  Gamers are ever hopeful and dare I say, guillible.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by DamonVile

while I agree it's silly I don't see why it's such a huge deal to people if someone else does it. I mean when I see a $200,000 car drive by I don't bitch and moan about how a $15,000 car can do all the same things and it's the end of the world because some person buys a luxury item.

Just because I don't see the value doesn't mean others can't. We all have our things that make us happy, so ...big deal if this is one of them.

One one hand, sure it shouldnt bother anyone if someone else buys into those cash grabs.

On the other hand, comparing the gaming industry cash grab with buying pricey cars make no sense. A cheaper car doesnt come with 3 tires or a missing windshield because its cheaper.

Supporting cash grab tactics in the gaming industry makes said cash grab practices a standard thing. We dont get finished games anymore for full price and paid expansions as additional content once you reach the end of the existing game. Instead, now we get incomplete games for the same full price and a lot of existing features behind additional pay walls, and still dont have a finished product.

So yeah, not caring about who is supporting these bad practices indeed affect us as gamers and consumers because the games we want are ruined by the greed, product of such support.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Founders packs have transformed into a a comedy act.
  • RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I would gladly give up some real serious $ but they already failed me..... There is no Create-A-Bot. You think cause Marvel Heroes did it you should do the same? Marvel Heroes isn't even that great. This breaks my heart that you tools already destroyed the potentional for an aw-inspiring game.

Kick to the Face.

• emperionemperion Member Posts: 23
    Browser based game? Really?! Need I say more? Sad. Hasbro once again sold out to the non fans who have all the money.

"Whats That Mr. Death Knocking At Your Door, Who's Gonna Die Tonight?"

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Actually the first version of the game would have been pretty epic. It was more along the lines of a traditional MMO and gave the players options to create their own character. Then things changed.. and changed... and changed again.

Now that being said Hasbro values your nostalgia only as far as your money reaches, they are a toy producer first and in fact the only thing keeping Transformers alive is the fact that it is a steady stream of revenue. I am pretty sure they would not hesitate one second to drop the line if said money stops coming adjust move on to the next property. After all there is always a new generation reaching 25+ and want to re-connect with their lost childhood.

Ain´t life grand =P

This have been a good conversation

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by DamonVile

One one hand, sure it shouldnt bother anyone if someone else buys into those cash grabs.

On the other hand, comparing the gaming industry cash grab with buying pricey cars make no sense. A cheaper car doesnt come with 3 tires or a missing windshield because its cheaper.

Supporting cash grab tactics in the gaming industry makes said cash grab practices a standard thing. We dont get finished games anymore for full price and paid expansions as additional content once you reach the end of the existing game. Instead, now we get incomplete games for the same full price and a lot of existing features behind additional pay walls, and still dont have a finished product.

So yeah, not caring about who is supporting these bad practices indeed affect us as gamers and consumers because the games we want are ruined by the greed, product of such support.

Do founders get these finished games with 4 tires and a windshield ?  Did you make the same post when WoW offered a collectors edition ? How is that ok but this is a cash grab with hidden items behind a pay wall.