Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO: It's not me, it's you

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Thank you bmbender. You know I am not going into the ethics and stuff just legally so please understand these concerns do not reflect my actual ideas.
    Chamber of Chains
  • duiLucidduiLucid Member Posts: 46
    LOL, I'm not even Lvl 15 yet and I've been playing since head start.
  • HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    The game is fun, I am a V10 right now and the bugs that I have run into have been minimal. There have been some people I known to run into major issues but from my perspective I would have to say the game has been a blast and I am looking forward to more fun.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Sad to say but today I'll be quitting Elder Scrolls Online. The battle to try and enjoy this game has ended and my VR5 character's journey will come to a close. Not because I want to but because I'm essentially forced to. I cannot progress through the game due to the sheer amount of bugs. Just like the issues with the main story line my character cannot progress into the VR6-10 zones because I cannot finish the 'Cadwell's Almanac" requirements. I've spent several days logging out, repeating, and repairing the game but to no avail I cannot progress.

I suppose I'll send in an e-mail to Zenimax tell them I want to obtain a refund and go back to playing less frustrating games like Dark Souls 2 since it just released. Seriously the game was fun when it worked but it has been an uphill struggle that has only become worse the further I progress. From falling through the world, not being able to use my skills and abilities, not being able to auto-attack, not being able to use my siege equipment, many broken quests many of which won't be fixed on the 1.1 patch release, to the infinite load screens, network I/O issues, the memory leak, and various other bugs or exploits.

Good by my little lizard man~ I'll miss you but I must move on and to commemorate this occasion a video:

Cool story... can I has your stuff?

Originally posted by duiLucid
    LOL, I'm not even Lvl 15 yet and I've been playing since head start.

I'm in the same boat ROFL - I have been messing with making the perfect character for me... and apparently I don't know what I want haha. I'm having a blast and just hit 12 on my dood.

Originally posted by Azmodeus
    This dude burnt himself out on the game, and figures he needs to start his own sob story thread and blame a bug for him quitting.  I guess he got the attention he was looking for. 

I might just FRAPS a few of the bugs I've experienced just for you ;). As many of them are repeatable.

Can you name a few that were game breaking for me? Just want to make sure I can avoid them. 

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    I want refunds for all the MMOs I've purchased over the years that are no longer functioning because their servers have shut down.
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

I can't understand why posters would flame the OP for playing the game for 100 hrs. and then ask for a refund.

Is that what MMOs have come to these days?

I thought MMOs were meant to be played for years.

I played Ultima on Line  for 6 or 7 years, EVE for about the same amount of years.

I don't enjoy Theme Parks , but I still played Aion for over 2 years, and spent several years playing Vanguard.

If 100 hours is considered the completion of an MMO, then the future looks very bleak for the genre.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

I am sure the fact that MTibbs1989 submitted bug reports (over 50 from comments above) will have supported his case that the game wasn't working "as it should". Throw in the extra server downtime, security issues and maybe bank bug issues etc.

Products - as a whole - have gotten better since the first mmos launched; from cars to kettles. The same is true of software.  

Noaki Yoshida's (FFXIV:ARR) spoke about FFXIV at GDC 2014. One of his slides: Three Easy Steps to Failure:

• An unhealthy obsession with graphic quality
    • A surprising lack of MMORPG knowledge amongst development team members
    • The mindset that the solution to every problem could be patched in a future update
    Point 3 certainly applies imo and considering the dupe bugs maybe point 2 as well. However good TESO sales and subscription numbers are they will not be as good as they might have been - because TESO released early. TESO clearly didn't learn the lessons of FF:XIV.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by cronius77
    OP i was with you until you asked for a refund. Going all the way to VR5 and then asking for a refund for all the hours you spent playing ...come on man for real? I know you are not that cheap... SWTOR is still fixing broken quests to this day . Warhammer Online was a buggy mess until the very end of its life. DAOC has darkness falls bugs that you fall through the floor still to this day. AO come on really? the reason that game pretty much failed and AOC also was because of the bugs. Shit happens you either cry about it or you move on but demanding some refund for playing a game for a month or longer is pushing into entitlement by far. Speak with your wallet is fine , cancel your account and wait til they fix everything if you truly like the game like you said. But do not ask for refunds when you obviously been playing the game for over a month. Thats just being sleezy and I know your better than that.

It's true, I enjoyed it when I could but more of it was spent attempting to bypass various quests along the way. Then after giving up on completing them I'd have to sit there and fill out bug reports. This isn't even including the other bugs I've experienced while playing the game. Falling through the world, invisible monsters and bosses, boss fights in dungeons are bugged, siege equipment not working, network i/o issues, memory leaks, infinite load screens, even their bug report I'm getting after quitting the game crashes. The very thing I'm using to fill out my issues/complaints are breaking. 

After I hit VR1 I thought the fight was over. They said they fixed many of the bugs and the main story lines were not going to break anymore. So I pushed on with a positive mindset. For a little while it was good. I finished the first VR zone without any issues and I moved onto Stonehaven. This is when I was hit with the wall of broken quests again. I have to remind you even though I so I was back to spinning my wheels again at issues they've stated have been fixed.

Once I finished everything except for the few quests in Stonehaven I tried to quest in Bangkorai. Where I ran into even more quests that I couldn't complete. I finished all of that zone as much as I could as well however I cannot progress in the game due to the fact that the quests required by 'Cadwell's Almanac' are broken. 

I'm am literally stuck with my quest log full of quests that I cannot progress in. Even from zones prior to becoming a Veteran. This product is broken, it doesn't work. I cannot get it to work. I have tried for many hours. Sure I enjoyed it when I could but at the end of the day it's still not a working product.

i know you like the game still and are just frustrated right now, it happens plus youve played a lot. By your post history here which i read a lot of threads just choose not to comment in them you are usually positive about the game , thats why im not bashing you for the frustration like others are. But you know you are going to want to play this after this subsides, you enjoyed the game and you liked it enough to get all the way past 50 almost to 60. So dont ask for a refund and throw away your hard work over stuff that is going to be fixed in probably less than a month because of frustration. No games are perfect you played AO and you know that. Right now as you can see in their posts on the forums everything is pretty much devoted to fighting these bots , so much so today they had to block private messaging due to bot spam messing up the systems. So frustration or not dont take the route of getting all pissed off demanding a refund and later on regretting it, as you do enjoy the game and are not just posting like some of the jerkoff twits here who just complain because they can and enjoy trolling every thread with ESO listed on it.

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Next comes the fans who say "Bugs?  What bugs?"

Sorry Mtibbs.. I didn't even make it that far.  I hit major storyline bugs in the second or third zones.  I relogged about 30 times without result.  Switched to a different faction.  Except right around the same point in the factions questline I was bugged.  So I switched to the third faction.  I saw one of the quest bugs was resolved but we'll see.

And I always preferred:  

After that are the fans that say "These bugs are okay - you the player have the problem!  All new MMOs have bugs, botters, trainers, lost items, cheaters, banning of innocents, gold spammers, scammers, item dups, and speed hacks -and TESO is free of blame and responsibility.  It's the player that complains that is the true issue!"

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I got my refund~ all $90.00 I spent. So we can drop the whole," You're not going to get it" or "I sincerely hope you don't get it."

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg
    I got my refund~ all $90.00 I spent. So we can drop the whole," You're not going to get it."

You're a terrible person, my friend.

I'm a terrible person asking for a terrible refund for a terrible product from a company that had a terrible attitude towards how terrible their product actually was.

The thing is, if you are a terrible person, why is he calling you his friend? You should have known better Mtibbs! I think (almost) everyone already knew that this game was going to be buggy, and more so than your average AAA MMO release. You should have waited at least 3 months. The only 3 reasons I can think of as to why you joined at release was 1. You were not currently playing another MMO. 2. You had guildmates/real life friends who were going to jump in from the get-go. 3. It had the Elder Scroll Skin™ on top of a (mostly) generic MMO wrapper.

Are you planning on trying Wildstar or ArcheAge or are you taking a break from MMOs in 2014?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Overall, I've lived a clean life. No criminal history, etc etc. I've made some bad decisions in my life, I've done some questionable things that I probably shouldn't have. Most of which are typical human mistakes we learn to grow up from and move on to become a better person......we hope. I've never asked for a refund on a video game. But if that was the worst thing I ever did, I think I'd have lived a pretty honorable life to this point. But then to be told I'm a terrible person for doing it?

Some of you guys have no idea what terrible people do.

Personally, I think it's good the OP stood up for himself. Everyone is so focused on what he got out of it, no one gave any creedence to what he didn't (ZM's responsibility) Companies need to be accountable for what they publish, how else is that going to happen?

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

This thread should be used as a textbook case in why the gaming industry is going to the pit. Interpret that any way you see fit.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    [mod edit]

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• HordequesterHordequester Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Hordequester
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

Sad to say but today I'll be quitting Elder Scrolls Online. The battle to try and enjoy this game has ended and my VR5 character's journey will come to a close. Not because I want to but because I'm essentially forced to. I cannot progress through the game due to the sheer amount of bugs. Just like the issues with the main story line my character cannot progress into the VR6-10 zones because I cannot finish the 'Cadwell's Almanac" requirements. I've spent several days logging out, repeating, and repairing the game but to no avail I cannot progress.

I suppose I'll send in an e-mail to Zenimax tell them I want to obtain a refund and go back to playing less frustrating games like Dark Souls 2 since it just released. Seriously the game was fun when it worked but it has been an uphill struggle that has only become worse the further I progress. From falling through the world, not being able to use my skills and abilities, not being able to auto-attack, not being able to use my siege equipment, many broken quests many of which won't be fixed on the 1.1 patch release, to the infinite load screens, network I/O issues, the memory leak, and various other bugs or exploits.

Good by my little lizard man~ I'll miss you but I must move on and to commemorate this occasion a video:

Man how can you expect a refund. You put more hours into eso, then i play computer in a month. 

Exactly.  He doesnt deserve a refund.  Its completely ludicrous to even ask for one in these circumstances.

You make your statement by cancelling sub.  Asking for a refund for a game that you put days into is a shitty thing to do.

Its not like the game is Vanguard.  It has an above average amount of bugs but bugs are EXPECTED in a newly released MMORPG.  if you dont expect them you are an unreasonable person, doubly so if they are endgame bugs and you rush to the endgame.

Next time just wait two months after launch.

So, if my TV stops working after using it..I should wait a few months and hope it fixes itself?

Uhhh... in this case, he can still use his computer, and he apparently could get around any issues if he actually wanted to, and he could always have PvP'd and stuff for now until some stuff got fixed, or crafted, or whatever else to continue upgrading the character until things fixed up a bit.

Not like there's much of a point in rushing beyond PvP at the moment anyway.

He didn't pay $90 for a computer..he paid $90 for a functioning game to play and can no longer play it the way he was playing. That is more than enough reason to get a refund with any other product on the market.

You focused on the wrong part. I said the computer because he could at least use the computer in this case, whereas a broken TV means he'd be left with no entertainment period from that entertainment venue.

As for the product at hand: In this case, the game is playable; he had other routes for character progression that he refused to use in the mean-time, as the game is being PATCHED FREQUENTLY and the first major update is on its way. The problems will be fixed with patience. Unlike a TV.

You're not following a logical pattern here..I wasn't saying the power in my house wasn't working..I was saying the TV wasn't working..which is where the game would be in this analogy. The computer would be the power that runs the game. So, the computer still working doesn't make any sense..since he is not trying to get a refund on the computer.

Here in the US products are required to have an implied warranty. This means the product is guaranteed to "do what it is supposed to do". Software is obviously exempt from this..because of sketchy terms and usage practices that have not been challenged in court as of yet. The length of implied warranties vary by state and can be as long as four years.

As for the problems being fixed with patience, that's only an excuse that's acceptable in software..you pay upfront for something that MIGHT work later on. There's no real sense to that at all. If it doesn't work the way it's supposed to at purchase and you're not happy with that, then there's no reason not to get a refund. Except that the law pounds consumers in the ass when it comes to software.

You have to start with a logical pattern for it to be followed. You're comparing a video game that is playable, being patched constantly,  to a TV that doesn't work at all and won't be fixed months down the road. The PC doesn't matter, stop focusing on that. I should have left that out so my post would be less confusing.

Apples and oranges. They're too different. This analogy isn't working, let's just move on to something else.

They're both products being sold with an intended or implied use. The apples and oranges argument is what software companies use to bend customers over a counter and ream them.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Guys, just a reminder to stick to discussing the topic and game and refrain from personal attacks on OP or assumptions of that nature.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• ArcheAge2014ArcheAge2014 Member UncommonPosts: 135

hey OP come check out archeage, we got no game breaking bugs. open world pvp , siege, build tons of stuff.

oh no phasing and no instancing zones.

:D

You can group for quests, farm, siege, burn down players house, steal their crops and their resources.

man its the best mmorpg since everquest.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    This dude burnt himself out on the game, and figures he needs to start his own sob story thread and blame a bug for him quitting.  I guess he got the attention he was looking for. 

I might just FRAPS a few of the bugs I've experienced just for you ;). As many of them are repeatable.

In post #59 you say  you got your refund.  So how would you do this? (post #152 for those curious.)  Did they refund your money as well as allow you to keep your account active?  That would make them a pretty stand up company I would think.  I see a consistency issue.

Originally posted by Hulluck

In post #59 you say  you got your refund.  So how would you do this? (post #152 for those curious.)  Did they refund your money as well as allow you to keep your account active?  That would make them a pretty stand up company I would think.  I see a consistency issue.

I'd say that would point more to a disorganized company if they refunded but forgot to disable the account.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by ShortyBible

I can't understand why posters would flame the OP for playing the game for 100 hrs. and then ask for a refund.

Is that what MMOs have come to these days?

I thought MMOs were meant to be played for years.

I played Ultima on Line  for 6 or 7 years, EVE for about the same amount of years.

I don't enjoy Theme Parks, but I still played Aion for over 2 years.

If 100 hours is considered the completion of an MMO, then the future looks very bleak for the genre.

Not to sound snarky with your last statement, but welcome to 2005... or maybe 2007... hold on I really have to check my calendar. You gave some good examples of MMOs (released prior to 2006) but that has vastly changed in the past 8-9 years. As years have gone by, MMOs have become more and more casual; catering more and more to the single player or duo player mentality.

Games can now be “completed” within the 100 or 200 hour mark for hardcore and semi-hardcore gamers. Sure they may be missing a few things here and there, but for all intent and purposes they have experienced almost everything that these theme park games have to offer. People will usually subscribe for a month or three… and in some cases get the six month package; but they will rarely go beyond that except for die-hard fans or late comers.

Think about it in this way. Every single P2P MMORPG released from 2005 till now has closed down, gone F2P or in most cases F2P and P2W (with huge server merges along with it). There are currently only 4 MMORPGs (released post 2005) that operate using only the P2P business model. A good portion of MMO gamers have treated these AAA theme park games as if they were single players games; they will play for a couple of months and then quit (some do go back of course).

Honestly this shouldn’t come to a surprise to no one as to the current state of MMOs or why recent games are treated as single player games… I should have given this memo to all of the developers in 2005. Nah! I would’ve been called an armchair developer, so what the hell do I know!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Hulluck

I'd say that would point more to a disorganized company if they refunded but forgot to disable the account.

That's actually quite funny, I still have access to my account at the moment. I imagine it'll be disabled soon enough.

My D3 is still active and I got a refund using the 15 day refund policy at launch. Though they refused to give it to me on day 15..so I went through Paypal and reversed the charges. So, that might be why..lol

Got it for free and I still don't want to play it..that says a lot.

This discussion has been closed.