Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mistakenly banned again- Zenimax get your act together

Comments

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

must say am unhappy with their account security, Ive just recieved a goldseller in my personal mail, for a game I aint playing, only had a beta account, so they have hacked my account.

so expect that alot others have had their accounts hacked as well - this is a first time for me.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Pyatra
    Data entry?  No, someone's reporting you dude.  Whether legit or not someone is reporting you regardless if you are cussing or not.  You make any enemies of trolls in game?

That shouldn't be it. In GW2, if you're reported, they go through the chat logs to verify what was being actually said at the time. Now, if they're not reviewing the chat logs (or don't keep them) then that's a whole different issue, but I think it sounds like an error is the more likely cause here.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Ive gotten a 72 hour ban for according to the CS rep Sergio I contacted for: Excessive cussing in game. I never type in chat so I called them up when I found their number. He told me he was escalating this for review and what had likely happened is one of the gms or someone who works data entry entered the wrong character user ID number.  Zenimax, you need to get your act together this is the second time Ive accidentally been banned. You need to put in failsafes, like having a manager doublecheck all outgoing bans. The CS rep was pleasant and gave me the number for billing to get compensated for lost time due to these mistakes when I get unbanned, although it may take up to 24 hours he said.

Lol i warned people repeatedly on here. Never report gold spammers, and never report any one for that matter. You will just get banned.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    They ban the person who reports the goldseller, really ? How stupid is that ?

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Data entry?  No, someone's reporting you dude.  Whether legit or not someone is reporting you regardless if you are cussing or not.  You make any enemies of trolls in game?

That shouldn't be it. In GW2, if you're reported, they go through the chat logs to verify what was being actually said at the time. Now, if they're not reviewing the chat logs (or don't keep them) then that's a whole different issue, but I think it sounds like an error is the more likely cause here.

Well they certainly make alot of mistakes lol.

Your internet makes me jealous lol, very very very very very very very very very very very very very jealous.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Im still waiting on that reply back in 24 hours I was supposed to get, they have 2-3 hours before I have to call them again :(

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64

Well let me explain to you what he meant by data entry error.  Someone else was cussing and got reported.  When the report came in they said ban user XXXXXX, but they mistyped the XXXXXX number and OP got wrongfully banned instead.  Get it? data entry error.  Was that so hard to understand or am I the smartest man alive?

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Why the heck are they even banning for cussing? They have profanity filter on, by default, and also if someone does not like a cussing person they can put him on their ignore list. Just sounds extremely unnecessary...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I don't think his first thread got the OP back in the game, but clearly doing a thread for this every time soothes his soul.
    Originally posted by Scot
    I don't think his first thread got the OP back in the game, but clearly doing a thread for this every time soothes his soul.

If you read the first thread (unrelated to this btw) to its conclusion you wouldn't make that statement.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    Ive gotten a 72 hour ban for according to the CS rep Sergio I contacted for: Excessive cussing in game. I never type in chat so I called them up when I found their number. He told me he was escalating this for review and what had likely happened is one of the gms or someone who works data entry entered the wrong character user ID number.  Zenimax, you need to get your act together this is the second time Ive accidentally been banned. You need to put in failsafes, like having a manager doublecheck all outgoing bans. The CS rep was pleasant and gave me the number for billing to get compensated for lost time due to these mistakes when I get unbanned, although it may take up to 24 hours he said.

They didn't need to see your chat. They read your mind. You been banned by the thought police bro.

It's minority report coming alive, they have precogs who know that you are going to cuss sometime soon so they'll ban you for a few days to get over that critical timeline to prevent the offence before it happens.

Had to call again, Zenimax hadnt done anything in the last 24 hours like they said they would. Rather than escalate the ticket again they started a new one again ; ; this is utterly depressing that they dont work on restoring their customers access that they mistakenly took fast if at all.

PS3

On the phone now 3rd day into the ban because I got ANOTHER 3 day ban this morning for cussing on the forums that I cannot even access. I feel like crying. How the hell does that happen?

PS3

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    On the phone now 3rd day into the ban because I got ANOTHER 3 day ban this morning for cussing on the forums that I cannot even access. I feel like crying. How the hell does that happen?

I would call asking for the cancellation dept. Most companies have them and normally have skill sets other dept can use. Like get your account out of its ban status. Its sad but at the same time very funny, I really hope ZM works on their customer service soon.

EDIT: Did you swear in a post before you were under ban? If you did it could have been reported while you were under ban and then, well...

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

The first accidental ban, I can see

The second could be a mere coincidence

However the 3rd, it starts raising questions about the competency of Zenimax or the legitimacy of your claims of being "mistakenly" banned 3 different times.

If it is Zenimax > Screw them.  Cancel your sub and get a refund.  They don't deserve it.

If it is you > Come clean

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

I would call asking for the cancellation dept. Most companies have them and normally have skill sets other dept can use. Like get your account out of its ban status. Its sad but at the same time very funny, I really hope ZM works on their customer service soon.

EDIT: Did you swear in a post before you were under ban? If you did it could have been reported while you were under ban and then, well...

Never have I swore on the forums there

PS3

Originally posted by Roguewiz

However the 3rd, it starts raising questions about the competency of Zenimax or the legitimacy of your claims of being "mistakenly" banned 3 different times.

If it is Zenimax > Screw them.  Cancel your sub and get a refund.  They don't deserve it.

It isnt me, and Im very close to cancelling. First mmo I get my wife to play as well and she wants to cancel because of what theyve done to me.

PS3

It isnt me, and Im very close to cancelling. First mmo I get my wife to play as well and she wants to cancel because of what theyve done to me.

My wife is loving Wildstar because of the housing. Making things all purdy. You could try selling her on that, EQN and AA are both coming out over the next year. My wife and I have been MMOing together now for 7 years, lots of good times. 

My wife is loving Wildstar because of the housing. Making things all purdy. You could try selling her on that, EQN and AA are both coming out over the next year. My wife and I have been MMOing together now for 7 years, lots of good times. 

If I quit this game Im done with mmos.

PS3

If you come back to MMOs in the future I would suggest if bugs and new launch problems stress you this much to quit all MMOs, you should wait till a game has been out 3-6 months. Right now ZM is trying to fix millions of problems and their customer service team, Im sure is over loaded. Few months from now I bet they could have fixed this within a few hours. 

If you come back to MMOs in the future I would suggest if bugs and new launch problems stress you this much to quit all MMOs, you should wait till a game has been out 3-6 months. Right now ZM is trying to fix millions of problems and their customer service team, Im sure is over loaded. Few months from now I bet they could have fixed this within a few hours. 

Where is my problem anything remotely related to a bug? Its a customer service issue, and they arent doing a thing to help me. I just got off the phone where the CS agent told me I was innocent, he could see my chat records, but he could not do a thing to help me because only their appeals department could. Their appeals department has yet to contact me. Customer service wont connect me to them nor a supervisor who could help me. 3-6 months time doesnt fix pissing all over your customer base. Literally they have robbed me now 4 days of my 30 days of play time, due to these mistaken bans. Is it my fault Zenimax bans first and then investigates after someone innocent complains?

PS3

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644

Where is my problem anything remotely related to a bug? Its a customer service issue, and they arent doing a thing to help me. I just got off the phone where the CS agent told me I was innocent, he could see my chat records, but he could not do a thing to help me because only their appeals department could. Their appeals department has yet to contact me. Customer service wont connect me to them nor a supervisor who could help me. 3-6 months time doesnt fix pissing all over your customer base. Literally they have robbed me now 4 days of my 30 days of play time, due to these mistaken bans. Is it my fault Zenimax bans first and then investigates after someone innocent complains?

If/When you get back in change your account name, that will probably resolve it from ever happening again.

If/When you get back in change your account name, that will probably resolve it from ever happening again.

Or have the gm's actually investigate reports of abuse of conduct before just banning. Because thats what happened here, someone reported me for cussing in zone, and as the rep told me as he was looking at my chat logs it was clear I hadnt and was mistakenly banned. But apparently all customer service can do is answer the phone and say sorry we cant help you.

PS3

Ya I didnt just say bugs, I said new launch problems. Companies are not perfect and even with the best planning humans cant see every problem that could come up. Maybe 2 months from now the customer service resp will be able to fix your problem right away over escalating your problem. The top level reps more then likely have more people to look into then they have staff. No one has robbed you, I am sure once its fixed the customer service reps will be able to do something to fix your lots time with a credit. 

There is 2 sides to your problem, slower ban system that keeps trash players playing and bugging players longer and the one they have now that bans right away. Not saying its right but I can see why they did it. My bet is more people quit over jurk players then customers like you who may have fallen in the cracks. This all falls under new game problems and maybe thats not for you if it would make you quit all MMOs over it lol. 

• Jaychi72Jaychi72 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Iselin

Thats what the rep said, apparently all bannings are done by a person he said, so it would have to be a data entry error like typing the user ID number wrong as he suggested. Someone was reported for excessive cussing, and when the went to ban they put the wrong ID number in.

That certainly sounds possible but I have to ask: about the "again" part of your title? What happened the first timer?

I think it's more the fact that this is not your first ban that is making some see some smoke....

I mean, I and my guildmates must be living a charmed life: nearly 300 of us and no bans to anyone yet for any reason. And you've had 2?

^^

Something smells fishy......