Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: Steam Greenlight Campaign a Rousing Success

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Both Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot have joined the ranks of titles added to the Steam games portal via the Greenlight feature. Under the auspices of Broadsword Games, both titles received the go-ahead along with 73 other games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• V-SalubriV-Salubri Member Posts: 7

Better late than never, right? 

I'll be watching what they do with DAoC in the coming future.  Seems they've already been fairly ambitious.

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    If they would update the games a little, this might mean something.  But they haven't done much of anything to either title in how long?  I know they were both great games of their time, but they don't seem like something that new players are going to have much of an interest in.  DAoC still has graphics from over a decade ago, and I think the only people still playing it are the die-hard fans.  Much like the original Everquest (which for some reason is still around)...
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Remember that amazing graphical overhaul they did to UO? And then the fans didn't like it so they reverted back to the old style.

That was such a shame. I might be playing still if they kept it. The new artwork was gorgeous. I feel for those devs they had to recreate every asset tile by tile and then the fans poo pooed all over it. What a waste.

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by brihtwulf
    If they would update the games a little, this might mean something.  But they haven't done much of anything to either title in how long?  I know they were both great games of their time, but they don't seem like something that new players are going to have much of an interest in.  DAoC still has graphics from over a decade ago, and I think the only people still playing it are the die-hard fans.  Much like the original Everquest (which for some reason is still around)...

It is called gameplay.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• BioFringeBioFringe Member Posts: 75
    I could be way off base on this but for some reason seeing "Created By BroadswordGames" for both of these titles just rubs me the wrong way.

This sentence is false.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by ITPalg
    Originally posted by brihtwulf

It is called gameplay.

Not everyone is into retro gaming.  

I don't understand why EA isn't taking advantage of the clamor for sandbox MMO's and making an updated UO.  

Id love to play UO, just not a 15 year old one.   

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by BioFringe
    I could be way off base on this but for some reason seeing "Created By BroadswordGames" for both of these titles just rubs me the wrong way.

Same here.  Was a WTF?! moment for me when I saw that.   

• PegasusUKPegasusUK Member UncommonPosts: 50
    D3 Graphics with UO MMO enjoyment, i couldnt ask for anything more.
  • DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Then check out Shroud of the Avatar .. When's that's funded it might be what your after