Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: How to survive and still level steadily in pvp zones

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

PVP Pointers

This video is solely about surviving world pvp. Something not really talked about is how ruthless it can be. I discuss various tactics to keep leveling at an even pace. After a point of questing in the game. You will find yourself engaged in a lot of pvp. You may not want to be but in zones after lvl 31+. Has a high chance to be in conflict. You will get trolling level 50's and people your level all fighting for honor points.

Honor points can be spent for various things at the Honor shop. Things like armor are very expensive so people tend to go crazy for points. You will find parties running around farming any one they can find. So as a player whose new how do you combat this? Well I'm going to give you a few tactics to soften the blow. 

First tactic is now that you know what type of game this is. From the very start of your leveling experience over achieve every quest you can. This will make you well above the leveling curve by the time you reach contested areas. Another way to level and be stronger is trade skill. You can completely level up to 50 using trade skills. You never even have to go into fighting zones that way.

Another tactic is use stealth a lot to avoid ganks or gank other players. Remember you can't stay vanished forever. Something to note is you can see conflicted zones on the map. Take full advantage of that. Try to take advantage of peace times. If you're dead set on questing and leveling. You can farm in peace time zones finish every quest you can in that amount of time. Peace time usually last 2-3 hours steam roll everything you can then. And when peace time is up. And you can't find any zones with peace time. Here's one more tactics you can try.

Hang out by the ressing statue and farm animals there. If you get ganked head back to the statue or neutral town guards. Both will protect you from harm. Or you can stand and fight if levels are close. I only use guards or the statue if lvl 50's try to gank. Because I think that's low class anyway to fight people 15 levels lower than you. But people my level I fight because it's fun win or lose.

Comments

• CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Bless you! I'm loving the game but was seriously concerned about what I've learned about how very bad PVP gets. Excellent guide, it gives me hope now lol
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    No problem you'll be fine just be aware of the surroundings.
  • Gank4FunGank4Fun Member Posts: 10

...or just quest during peace time, problem solved.

Gankers will always get you :P

Pro-Tip: PK is totally unexpected and you can´t be safe enough to avoid even this ;)

ArcheAge - A gankers dream come true!

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

Zones go to peace for 2 to 3 hours at a time.

You can level all the way to 50 and not be killed one time.

If you are out leveling and someone kills you it costs you pretty much nothing but a few minutes to get back where you were.

This game is fun and you can find good pvp fights in it small groups, this is a blessing for me so many games are zerg zerg zerg, being part of a zerg just makes the fights boring.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Thanks for the tips. Am getting beta soon as they say when beta will start. The alpha is going to become the test server right so I wanted my character to get to live so decided on the Beta instead.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by kitarad
    Thanks for the tips. Am getting beta soon as they say when beta will start. The alpha is going to become the test server right so I wanted my character to get to live so decided on the Beta instead.

Beta chars will not stay for launch either.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by kitarad

Beta characters will be wiped before live. Alpha characters won't make it to live either but they may be transferred to a test server.. we don't know for sure yet.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Ahh hmm well that's a bummer.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Much appreciated Silent Storm.  I've been playing on a friends rig and I must say the game IS pretty solid but I'm not looking forward to the OWPVP.  Not because of care bear issues but because ArcheAge NA seems to be working hard to give EVE a run for it's money as the shittiest mmorpg community. I'm more concerned with the morons from my own region.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    its sad that given all the info out there you HAD to mae a video explaining it but it helps. the game isn't a huge gankfest its a lot of fun more people should realize this

so say we all

See the thing is RU server is Aion old school fighting all over again. And yea it is a gankfest, you may not like to hear that. But I've been streaming it for three months now lol...And i've been on alpha a week now. It's pretty much grudge match ganking going on already. And people already raging about it.

I'm warning people early to temper themselves. And not think it will be care bear land. And when stuff happens how to deal with it. Rather then get frustrated and give up. That is basically what happen to a lot of people in Aion the months after launch. Back then you had to figure it out blindly. 

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

This video isn't bad for avoiding PvP, however sometimes you will simply want to quest in the PvP areas. Here are some things that might help you there.

1. Gliders. Your glider can be a very valuable tool to escape from players that you cannot win against. I've had a few people escape from me this way, and vice-versa. However, you have to time it right. (i.e. get some CC off before you try to escape).

2. Ally with people. This is more or less a faction based game anyway. So if you see someone cruising around in the same area as you are - then simply ask them if they want to group. Chances are - they are probably tired of getting ganked as well. Who knows - you might make a friend.

3. Fight back. You would be surprised at some of the fights you can win. I've been able to kill level 50s as a 43, and i've died to people a few levels lower than me as well. This PvP has a lot of skill to it, and luck as well. If you get the right crits at the right times- you can win the day. While running or giving up may seem like the easy way - beating the person that just jumped you out of nowhere, is really satisfying. 

Good luck!

For the record on RU I was level 39 and beat a lvl 50. And he was all blinged out. I thought for sure I was dead. But turns out he was bad at handling CC. So he got his ish pushed in. That won't happen all the time. But never run it's just a game. If you die nothing happens anyway.