Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mistakenly banned again- Zenimax get your act together

EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
Ive gotten a 72 hour ban for according to the CS rep Sergio I contacted for: Excessive cussing in game. I never type in chat so I called them up when I found their number. He told me he was escalating this for review and what had likely happened is one of the gms or someone who works data entry entered the wrong character user ID number.  Zenimax, you need to get your act together this is the second time Ive accidentally been banned. You need to put in failsafes, like having a manager doublecheck all outgoing bans. The CS rep was pleasant and gave me the number for billing to get compensated for lost time due to these mistakes when I get unbanned, although it may take up to 24 hours he said.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Zenimax probably does not read this forum.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by Tygranir

I realize this, but the forum and game accounts are the same, so I cant post it there.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Data entry?  No, someone's reporting you dude.  Whether legit or not someone is reporting you regardless if you are cussing or not.  You make any enemies of trolls in game?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire

I realize this, but the forum and game accounts are the same, so I cant post it there.

[mod edit]

Really? ((eye roll)) to OP that does suck and this is not right if what you say is true. They are new at this and their is growing pains its just sad when this happens to players

Originally posted by Pyatra
    Data entry?  No, someone's reporting you dude.  Whether legit or not someone is reporting you regardless if you are cussing or not.  You make any enemies of trolls in game?

Thats what the rep said, apparently all bannings are done by a person he said, so it would have to be a data entry error like typing the user ID number wrong as he suggested. Someone was reported for excessive cussing, and when the went to ban they put the wrong ID number in.

PS3

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

Why is it when someone has a problem with a game all the fanboys attacks the person for having a problem?

If someone has a problem with a game either  try to help him or shut up. Attacking him isnt going tto get rid of the fact that this happened to someone. 

He isnt attacking the game. He is playing the game and something happened to him that he wants fixed or just to vent. 

Venting is allowed, attacking people is not. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Thats what the rep said, apparently all bannings are done by a person he said, so it would have to be a data entry error like typing the user ID number wrong as he suggested. Someone was reported for excessive cussing, and when the went to ban they put the wrong ID number in.

That certainly sounds possible but I have to ask: about the "again" part of your title? What happened the first timer?

I think it's more the fact that this is not your first ban that is making some see some smoke....

I mean, I and my guildmates must be living a charmed life: nearly 300 of us and no bans to anyone yet for any reason. And you've had 2?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    lol, this guy. He gets banned so much.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    If you contact them and they accept that it is their mistake I feel there should be a system in place to compensate you rather than getting you to contact billing (who will doubtless need to confirm with CS !). Rubbing salt in the wound really.
    Originally posted by Iselin

That certainly sounds possible but I have to ask: about the "again" part of your title? What happened the first timer?

I think it's more the fact that this is not your first ban that is making some see some smoke....

I mean, I and my guildmates must be living a charmed life: nearly 300 of us and no bans to anyone yet for any reason. And you've had 2?

I had a one day ban get overturned, it was for a forum posting, and it turned out they had the wrong guy there as well.

PS3

Originally posted by gervaise1
    If you contact them and they accept that it is their mistake I feel there should be a system in place to compensate you rather than getting you to contact billing (who will doubtless need to confirm with CS !). Rubbing salt in the wound really.

The rep said I could get compensated, but I had to take it up with the billing department.

PS3

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I know several people that are playing two of them have been banned by mistake so I sympathize with the OP . It wouldn't be quite so bad if Zenimax reimbursed them automatically for the for the time lost while their accounts have been suspended but they don't . For all its faults I actually like the game itself but Zenimax really should be more careful about the over zealous banning system . 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I had a one day ban get overturned, it was for a forum posting, and it turned out they had the wrong guy there as well.

Lol ok. You've heard the saying "Even the paranoid have enemies" haven't you?

You're having a pretty shitty run of bad luck it seems... I wouldn't waste any money on lottery tickets right now if I was you.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Lol ok. You've heard the saying "Even the paranoid have enemies" haven't you?

You're having a pretty shitty run of bad luck it seems... I wouldn't waste any money on lottery tickets right now if I was you.

No kidding lol

PS3

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Creatorzim

Why is it when someone has a problem with a game all the fanboys attacks the person for having a problem?

If someone has a problem with a game either  try to help him or shut up. Attacking him isnt going tto get rid of the fact that this happened to someone. 

He isnt attacking the game. He is playing the game and something happened to him that he wants fixed or just to vent. 

Venting is allowed, attacking people is not. 

I agree . When it happened to my friend I started a thread up here . Not because I hate the game quite . I wouldn't still be playing it if I did . But I feel that people should know this is going on and how poor Zenimax response has been . In fact massively.com covered this problem 

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04/20/elder-scrolls-online-accidentally-bans-legitimate-accounts/

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked too . mmorpg.com still has yet to report these mass bans of legitimate accounts . 

Wonder why ?

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Meanwhile some guy named TaintBlasterX is going on about his privates and other foul mouth foolery because somebody "stole" his treasure chest when he failed it. GG Zenimax
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

The rep said I could get compensated, but I had to take it up with the billing department.

What I am saying is that you shouldn't have to contact billing. The compensation should be automatic. Or the rep should take it up - whatever. So that you to get back to playing the game rather than waiting in a queue to get through to billing.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Muke

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

To the OP.

I'm sorry this happened to you. . And the hassle of having to go through CS to resolve stuff ugh. Looks like you're getting it sorted though. And please don't let the negative replies get to you. You have every right to be a little miffed about this. And before anyone said's anything. I do play the game and love it. But these kinda slip ups are unacceptable.

What I am saying is that you shouldn't have to contact billing. The compensation should be automatic. Or the rep should take it up - whatever. So that you to get back to playing the game rather than waiting in a queue to get through to billing.

Well he said their department didnt handle that stuff. Plus I need to know the  amount of time I will end up needing compsation for. That all depends on how quickly they fix this.

PS3

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I think sometimes there are people out there that do this out of spite. You may have gotten to a chest before some other guy and he decides to just report you. They can say it was an error the number was wrong and such but seriously if it is for chat they should have a better method like a time stamp screenshot or chat log accompanying the report so the person banning can see the offending remark.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115
    This game is starting to remind me of the Danny Bonaduce show... train wreck in real time!

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I think sometimes there are people out there that do this out of spite. You may have gotten to a chest before some other guy and he decides to just report you. They can say it was an error the number was wrong and such but seriously if it is for chat they should have a better method like a time stamp screenshot or chat log accompanying the report so the person banning can see the offending remark.

BS! Nobody reports people out of spite! I think you are just making stuff up now.... 

And your avatar offends me.

/Reported

But yeah, I agree. I have seen people get reported in other games for no other reason than the other player being in a pissy mood. The 10 minute late Enchanter in EQ and my favorite, the "WTF?! I was camping him for several hours and you f@#&ers killed him when he spawned because I was afk and you had no idea I was camping him..." Bureaucrat in AO.

Nothing like being reported for griefing because you killed the Albino Rhino and didn't know the Crat (who was AFK hovering in his Yalm for 20 minutes after you had arrived and 5 minutes after the mob died) was camping said mob. The Ark who showed up was pretty confused as well...

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Ive gotten a 72 hour ban for according to the CS rep Sergio I contacted for: Excessive cussing in game. I never type in chat so I called them up when I found their number. He told me he was escalating this for review and what had likely happened is one of the gms or someone who works data entry entered the wrong character user ID number.  Zenimax, you need to get your act together this is the second time Ive accidentally been banned. You need to put in failsafes, like having a manager doublecheck all outgoing bans. The CS rep was pleasant and gave me the number for billing to get compensated for lost time due to these mistakes when I get unbanned, although it may take up to 24 hours he said.

They didn't need to see your chat. They read your mind. You been banned by the thought police bro.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

LOL they got me too, apparently I made a comment that was right up against a gold spammer comment and the GM clicked the wrong name. 

LOL funny thing is they know they got the wrong person admit it and told me they are working on restoring my access. 

I mean seriously how long does it take to just life a mistaken ban.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

I can tell you exactly what happened,  Ive invited over 1500 members to all 5 of my guilds and I know how easy it is to type in the wrong name to invite someone.   When someone hit F1 to report you, they typed in your name, but someone who used a name almost identical to yours was the real culprit here.   They do not offer an option to right click report someones name, so they allow the user reporting to make human errors when reporting people.    They should have a right click report person on the name of the person in chat....    But they don't, so shame on Zenimax for not having a fool proof way of offering users to report others.