Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bought $150 alpha, best decision of my life.

ArcheAge2014ArcheAge2014 Member UncommonPosts: 135

went exploring the world, and do alot of farming raising my animals. HAHA soo much fun best AAA sandbox i ever seen.

Best $150 i ever paid for founders pack then other mmorpg in the history, I mean wow.

if your an explorer holy crap, its going to blow your socks off. working on building my small boat too. 

:D

This sandbox is AMAZING, no bugs!!!!! no gamebreakign bugs, unlike other games haha. Its about time for a AAA sandbox with no bugs, build whatever you want mmorpg. We needed it.

THERE IS SOOOOOO MUCH TO DO IN THIS GAME, i may start up some crafting too. :D :D

im blown away by all the features AA has to offer, the best $150 of my life.

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    AA is not AAA they say *pun intended* But I agree that AA is a ton of fun. I've had more fun playing AA than any other MMO for the last 5 years. And I'm only getting started. There's so much to do, so much to learn and explore. Can't wait to get some more money & coins and build my own house...
  • BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I would never spend 150$ on one video game in one big lump sum andman alpha no less and then refer to it as the best decision of my life...but that's me
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

hard decision for me to make.  i always end up playing very little until the game comes out due to the fact that i dont want to burn myself out and ruin the "live" experience (because thats when it matters)

that being said, i think the perks from the pack are pretty cool. im considering purchasing it and just messing around here and there until it goes live.  just wish i had an idea of when thatd be

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

While I wouldn't call it the best decision of my life, thus far I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

I have more fun playing the game in alpha than any released game in the last 5-6 years. Sure there are lot of things to be desired (like combat), but overall as a package, I'm pretty happy. I just wish the game would release soon!

Edit: Not sure if OP is a troll or not.. with that username and post count.. regardless, my opinion still stands.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Is it pretty serious in tone? I had heard there are some immersion breaking things in the game like cars and stuff.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    If this is the best decision the OP has made in his life, he needs a better life.
    Originally posted by Archlyte
    Is it pretty serious in tone? I had heard there are some immersion breaking things in the game like cars and stuff.

Define "immersion". The game is labelled as medieval-steampunk, hence cars is in fact part of the immersion. At least that's how they are defending the game..

• ArcheAge2014ArcheAge2014 Member UncommonPosts: 135

i cant see myself playing mmorpg with phasing and instancing no more after this, im spoiled.

The world is sooo massive. Im blown away. 

No gamebreaking bugs that ive seen so far,  im in for the long haul.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    So what you are saying is you spent 150 bucks to purchase a free to play game, and your happy with that.  Hey more power to you, its your money.  I got my eyes on this game also but no way am I going to pay money to purchase a free to play game, especially when it will cost more than 2 other triple a games out on the market right now.
  • SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

That such bold statements so very often are made by freshly registered users....
    In any case the mere offer of getting alpha access for 150$ already is enough to make the devs/publisher lose lots of credibility in my eyes. Might eventually try the game once it will be (as it is intended) free but regaining that credibility will be one tough thing to pull off in my opinion.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

"ArcheAge2014" registered today and posts about how great the expensive alpha price for a F2P game is...

Yeah, that doesn't sound odd or anything.

You make me like charity

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

Hmmm Op named after game and just joined ...... Anyone else want to finish this for me ?

edit : dang it , beat me to it

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

Those who bought the 150$ founders pack; good job!!! you just got yourself a bargain, what i can see from trion's f2p policy regarding fluff items like mounts and pets and costumes; after the game launches those things in the pack will be put in a gambling box that will cost 10$ to buy and the drop rate(from gambling box) of those items will be less than 5%, people at launch might have to spend 100$ alone in gambling just to get the glyder or get a slightly different version with same advantage(like running/flying 10-20% faster than in game collectible glyders) . 

And those who are saying "i will never spend a $ trying to buy a f2p game", my advice to you guys : "grow a brain".

This game will be as gimped as SWToR f2p model if we don't play as patron. good thing pack buyers are getting free patron months and also i can tell for sure patron will have several other bonus and daily buff potions just like rift, best decision indeed.

Too bad there are no themepark/story driven mmorpg in the current market or coming out soon that has such awesome crafting, cooking, gathering and fishing; really really sad for me...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Cabaloc

Hmmm Op named after game and just joined ...... Anyone else want to finish this for me ?

edit : dang it , beat me to it

I can't finish it for you, but I can echo it.

• darianledarianle Member UncommonPosts: 47
    there's been two recent post by two newly created accounts claiming the $150 is the 2nd coming of christ.... Fishy to me
  • spector75spector75 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Lets try a post from an OLD account with someone who normally just lurks. I did not pay the $150 but i did get alpha access, the game is amazing. Tho i also played it in Russia so i knew what i was getting into. I put up the 49.99 (thats the most i spend for a single game) and i don't regret that decision in the slightest.
  • siuko_uksiuko_uk Member UncommonPosts: 37

I dont post that often but I'm definitely not posting just to push the game...

I bought the alpha access for $150 (Well £109 in the UK!)

Most fun I have had in an mmo in years...

I even went as far as getting another one for my brother so we can group...

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    150 beans not that big of a deal, not like I gave my kidney for alpha.

To be fair, $150 is a lot for some people. No judgment here.

Personally, I'm at the point of life where I can spare $150 for a game which I only have 4-6 hours a week to play. I used to be a kid who couldn't spare $150, but was able to pour hours and hours into a game. Life happens..

What I mean is there is no "smart" or "dumb" choice whether to buy or not.. it all depends on your availability and willingness to do it relative to what you have.

• tobywong420tobywong420 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Cashgrab at its finest.  It's not even in alpha, it's a RELEASED game that needs translation.  Ya'll got gypped.  Enjoy your $150 free to play asian MMO #31234.
  • Az2002roAz2002ro Member UncommonPosts: 158

Old account.  MMO'er since EQ and play nothing else.  Played every AAA title long enough to have an in-depth opinion about each game.  I also am not the type of gamer who only likes certain things and dismisses games for not having them (ie.  Cartoony graphics, or bad crafting, etc) 

That all said, I bought the $150 and have spent the last few days playing to form an opinion....  Im sold.  This game mixes old school feel with new systems and depth.  HUGE game with MANY systems of play.   Its in alpha, I am sitting at work WISHING I were home butchering my pigs and hunting for trees/iron to get.  And whats funny... I wouldnt mind doing it all again at launch because it was THAT fun getting to where I am at.  And Im only beginning :)  

Love it!

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Hotcell

To be fair, $150 is a lot for some people. No judgment here.

Personally, I'm at the point of life where I can spare $150 for a game which I only have 4-6 hours a week to play. I used to be a kid who couldn't spare $150, but was able to pour hours and hours into a game. Life happens..

What I mean is there is no "smart" or "dumb" choice whether to buy or not.. it all depends on your availability and willingness to do it relative to what you have.

Yes 150 is a lot, I'm just directing it to the people saying omg your stupid or crazy for doing that. I like the game and believe it will be great so I invested and support it . 

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

OP, i cant take you serious.

You created an account to ony post this?? OMG...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Best decision of OP's life pretty much sums it up.
  • summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    I certainly wouldn't say its the best $150 I have spent in my life ( I think that was on a back street in Hong Kong in the 70's ) .. but I will say its best $150 / £109 Gbp in my case , I have spent on gaming in a long time , have paid so much money for disappointing games lately. Having so much fun in this game. :)