Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes, April 29th

New Content

Armor Dye System

30 pigments have been added to various monsters around Agon. These are required to craft the 30 armor dyes through Alchemy. Rarer pigments are dropped from higher tier monsters. You can read more details here.

Mentor System

A new feature to help improve the new player experience is introduced with this patch. The mentor system, starting today, will become available to experienced players who wish to apply to become a mentor. If your prowess is over 80 thousand you can activate an option in your Social window that will tag you as available mentor.

In the next few days and depending on the overall activity, the mentor system will open up for players who have less than 40000 prowess and want to become apprentices.Mentors are rewarded a percentage of the prowess gained by the apprentice, unaffected by diminishing returns.

Different activities reward a different percentage of prowess with PVE and conquest related activities rewarding the highest percentages, and harvesting and crafting the least. More details can be found here.

New Map features

Auto explore (Fog of war)

Another feature aimed at improving new player experience by altering the way fog of war is removed. The terrain in and around the starting areas can be revealed in chunks, making it easier for all players to explore these areas and discover new landmarks and monster spawn points.

Map search

New functionality for our in game map that allows players to search for various points of interest like clan holdings, vendors, banks and monster spawns. Click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom left of the map window and enter a monster name or rank, holding name and so on to receive a list of suitable results. Displayed results will be highlighted on the map with a special icon and clicking on a result centers the map on it. Only points that have already been revealed or are visible above the fog of war are displayed.

General Changes

• Decreased Imperator Jabaoth’s health regeneration by 37%
  • Skinning Loot tables have been redesigned for all monsters
  • New Feat Tracker
  • New “Feat Completed” notification UI
  • New chat messages when you complete or unlock a feat, under the “System->Character->feats” channel. Clicking on the feat name will open the feat window and show this specific feat.
  • Reduced the minimum height of the territory window, so it can be made smaller (in height).
  • Added "territory opacity" slider to the territory window's options pop-out window, to allow players to change the opacity of the filled territories on the map overlay.
  • Territorial bonuses that are active for the player are now displayed as a “buff” icon, with a breakdown of the specific bonuses/magnitudes in the tooltip.
  • Tooltips have been added to the map to show the bonuses that specific territory types provide, and the total bonuses that the current owner clan (if there is one) is receiving.
  • Items tooltips will now display the name of the item when viewed from the paperdoll or chat windows
  • Party feats from monster kills will now require party members to be in the vicinity of those monsters, similar to the round robin system.
  • Various Tweaks to Run and Sprint animations
  • Various Improvements on Lighting and Fog Shaders

General Fixes

• Player graves should no longer spawn inside structures.
  • Networking optimizations.
  • Performance optimizations related to vegetation.
  • Fixed an issue with territorial bonuses not being removed when a player spawns/teleports from a bonus-active area to "no man's land"
  • Fixed an issue where in some cases losing a connected holding would deprive the whole region of the territorial bonuses
  • “Completed” feats are no longer included in the “In progress” tag results
  • Feats that can be completed by a certain number out of a collection of goals, will now display the correct total prowess reward, instead of the Sum of all the individual goals.
  • Fixed a bug where the font in the chat input area would change to square symbols after dragging an item in it and deleting it.
  • Fixed some weather effects inconsistencies.
  • Various Fixes to Parry Animations (related to orientation of the character)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I really want to play this game again but just cant justify the sub right now.

Do you people who still play think the game might go free to play sometime?
  • Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by Kanester

It's free to play for all players, new and returning, May 1-5.I doubt it will ever go free to play permanently though.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Sicc1
    Originally posted by Kanester

It's free to play for all players, new and returning, May 1-5.I doubt it will ever go free to play permanently though.

Yea it wasn't ftp when it was dying, now that it's going on the right path I don't think it ever will.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

The mentor system sounds really interesting and reminds me of the allegiance system which Asheron's Call 1 had. Maybe it is finally time to take a second look at this game? Seems to have shaped up quite well.

The animation still looks like shit though... Why can't they fix that?

• IcyWaveIcyWave Member Posts: 21

Hello!

If you want to try the game, several people are spreading Buddy keys, which will enable your account for 2 weeks.

Also, we will have a free weekend for all, starting on May 1st. 

There are currently no discussions or plans towards free to play plan. 

If you have more questions, let me know.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Patch looks good.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by greenreen

Looking good, especially the dyes.

As a newer player (under 15k prowess) I'm not sure I want to give any up to a mentor but maybe it's good for others to meet people so I won't harp much on something others might enjoy and won't affect me.

Hmm, I think that you don't lose any of the prowess, but rather the mentor simply gets an additional percentage of the prowess you earn.

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Who in game is gonna mentor me ? : )
    Originally posted by Makidian
    Who in game is gonna mentor me ? : )

It's random : /

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

The mentor system is clever because it encourages the hardcore players to become mentors of new players, rather than gankers of new players.

However, I believe the main problem with this game is that if forces you to do only team PvP and does not provide other roles, such as "lone adventurer" (not unless you want to be relentlessly ganked and harvested). The new changes do nothing to address this central problem.

I think DFUW could easily be fixed by re-introducing the 100 or so small islands on the edge of the map (and exclude them from the tithe / feudal system).

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Will be curious to see the dye system and what the colours will be at the highest crafting level.

I'm going to try and craft me some black imperious prime robes.

Black imperious sounds sexy as hell
  • IcyWaveIcyWave Member Posts: 21

Check this spreadsheet made by one of our players

It contains the color of some dyes, and where you can find them

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OdeL-rcHtmqUu6XB-xjciEASFg-QPpzxH63-NIhBclA/edit?usp=sharing

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    So tempting to get back into the game with some of the recent / upcoming changes. Might try out the free 5 days thing, but not sure beyond that. Too many times over the years Aventurine LOOKED like they were starting to get their act together, only to turn around a month or 2 later and go back to doing next to nothing, not communicating, not fixing issues, etc. Some real consistency would have helped keep the game much more alive.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Game is going on the right path.... I do hope more client optimization is in store, the df client still runs hot on my machine when no other games really do

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Well, I said screw it and went ahead and resubbed one of my accounts (will hop on the others when the free stuff kicks in). I did run into an issue, but have to say I'm kind of impressed at AVs response. Initially, my character was gone. Seems they have had this issue sometimes, so as they stated on the forums I submitted a ticket. Took all of about 15 minutes to get a response back and my character was restored. I was expecting at least several hours, if not days, to get something.

If this is the way theyre running things lately, with a quick response to issues and good CS,  I may actually stick around.

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Well, I said screw it and went ahead and resubbed one of my accounts (will hop on the others when the free stuff kicks in). I did run into an issue, but have to say I'm kind of impressed at AVs response. Initially, my character was gone. Seems they have had this issue sometimes, so as they stated on the forums I submitted a ticket. Took all of about 15 minutes to get a response back and my character was restored. I was expecting at least several hours, if not days, to get something.

If this is the way theyre running things lately, with a quick response to issues and good CS,  I may actually stick around.

Welcome back.