Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

H1Z1: Dark, Moody Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has released a dark and moody video called "Will You Survive the Night" for its upcoming zombie-themed MMO, H1Z1. Check it out and let us know what you think.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I already own DayZ, and have experienced death by sniper from 5 miles. What's the point of H1DayZ1?
  • TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

Spiritual successor to SWG?!?

These types of games make good single player games and decent multi-player games, not MMOs. Just plain the wrong setting without the variety needed for long term gaming.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Tbau

These types of games make good single player games and decent multi-player games, not MMOs. Just plain the wrong setting without the variety needed for long term gaming.

Totally! Earth is just not a realistic persistent universe...... /sarcasm.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

A  FTP game like this is not going to work because SOE can't control hackers! You start over each time you die in a game such this, which will breed hacking to compete! Just look at the track record of Planetside 2's first year live, where SOE couldn't control hackers, and each time Smed got cocky and challenged the hacking communities, they came and  proved Smed wrong by ruining whole holiday's from summer time, Halloween to Xmas holidays 2013.

Out of holiday period's it's not as bad, but they're still there, ESP hackers mainly. SOE doesn't put the human real time monitoring in that's needed, and then respond in real time to reports of a hacker ruining things. Those SOE games servers outside the USA suffer the worst as hackers strike out of hours when the USA SOE staff are asleep. Good luck with this when hack sellers have shown they can walk all over SOE forge light engine, and SOE anti cheat measures. Banned accounts don't matter to the hackers, they can do their damage for day or two before acted upon. Then create a new account and HWID spoof and they're back in.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Alalala
    I already own DayZ, and have experienced death by sniper from 5 miles. What's the point of H1DayZ1?

Have you actually read what H1Z1 is going to be doing or have you just seen thats its a zombie survival game and thought its just a dayz clone ?

I guess the latter.

• sword4hiresword4hire Member Posts: 22
    Another DayZ? In these games players just want to kill other players.
  • Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    As much as I'm interested in checking out this game mostly because dayz is a buggy glitchy mess with a crap engine, smed throwing out a ss of this and hinting it would be a game swg fans would love is just kind of a troll move really. H1Z1 has almost nothing to do with swg; how does a survival game even compare to a sandbox mmorpg? EQN has more in common with swg than H1Z1 has if anything. 
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I love DayZ but its development process is sooooo slooooow, its been about a month since the last update, it's also badly optimized and sadly i don't see performance increasing.  H1Z1 I hope will push give DAYZ a Rocket (ha!) up the ass and get it moving.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by sword4hire
    Another DayZ? In these games players just want to kill other players.

Right, except H1Z1 is going to have a variety of server rule sets.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Zing, you somehow missed the point.  A zombie game does not a good multiplayer game make.   The only thing that makes these zombie games playable for some is the constant pvp threat.  Beyond that there is nothing more boring.

This game will be a hackers delight.  SOE has already proven they cannot control them.  Why even bother to waste your time with this game.  Any pve server will be a complete bore fest as zombies just cannot be made very challenging.  Just look at all the zombie clones out there.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    People hate on zombie games because there's nothing out there that has been done properly before, that is all.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Alalala

I refused, and still do, to buy DayZ because let's face it, atm it's a buggy pos not worth my time. While I do hope DayZ gets in a proper shape some day, I wouldn't really mind more games that does the same but better. If that's going to be H1Z1 than I'll buy that instead of Dayz. I mean why wouldn't one like more options? 

On the other hand if you don't like this type of games than maybe move on.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

If it will have a pve server it will already be 100% better than dayz, warz/infestation, nether.

I don't like the community that come with those game types.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Zing, you somehow missed the point.  A zombie game does not a good multiplayer game make.   The only thing that makes these zombie games playable for some is the constant pvp threat.  Beyond that there is nothing more boring.

This game will be a hackers delight.  SOE has already proven they cannot control them.  Why even bother to waste your time with this game.  Any pve server will be a complete bore fest as zombies just cannot be made very challenging.  Just look at all the zombie clones out there.

I have played SOEs' PS2 extensively for a long time. I have also played a truck load of different shooters in past 2 decades, and PS2 has made me regain a bit of good faith in multiplayer games. And that's why I'm actually looking forward to see where H1Z1 will land.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    If zombies actually mean something in this game then it will be better than DayZ. DayZ is about the Zombie Apocalypse but yet zombies don't even pose a threat. 

yeah cause killing nothing but zombies, bunnies and dogs (real world animals) in a vastly unpopulated world is something that's going to keep people playing for years...... /sarcasm.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    If zombies actually mean something in this game then it will be better than DayZ. DayZ is about the Zombie Apocalypse but yet zombies don't even pose a threat. 

summary from reddit

http://www.pcgamesn.com/john-smedley-dayz-and-h1z1-similarities-our-take-zombie-apocalypse

SOE will have the power to spawn zombie hordes whenever they like. “Zombies can be anywhere. We can spawn hordes live.”

Meaning your fort could be attacked from the inside or you could be out scavenging in the plains when out of nowhere a few hundred zombies come over the horizon. We’re certainly going to be kept on our toes in H1Z1.

• dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64

SOE has done an ecellent job keeping planetside 2 hacker free.  It runs smooth and I have never had a single issue with a hacker.  The engine runs smooth as glass on my pc even in battles with hundreds of players.

DayZ on the other hand runs like a PoS and is riddled with hackers.  It is also limited on players per map.  I am sure H1Z1 will be limited also, but to thousands of players rather than 40.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Originally posted by dranael

SOE has done an ecellent job keeping planetside 2 hacker free.  It runs smooth and I have never had a single issue with a hacker.  The engine runs smooth as glass on my pc even in battles with hundreds of players.

DayZ on the other hand runs like a PoS and is riddled with hackers.  It is also limited on players per map.  I am sure H1Z1 will be limited also, but to thousands of players rather than 40.

You must have just started playing Planetside 2 this month or something.

Planetside 2 was plagued with people shooting through walls, aimbots, invincibility, and doing "lag switch" warping. You clearly don't have any real experience with the game, therefore you should refrain from making false statements.  Have the decency to at least google.com before doubling down on incorrect info.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Originally posted by Nadia
    from the inside or you could be out scavenging in the plains when out of nowhere a few hundred zombies come over the horizon. We’re certainly going to be kept on our toes in H1Z1.

Few have any doubt that they are planning on making the game as exciting as possible but the question remains, how long can a game like this keep a person excited?

Long term, how many times can a person be remotely interested in fighting off a zombie horde? 140 times? 200?

The real question is, is a zombie game set in the real world really viable long term. Real life is boring, that's why we play games and few are interested in playing a real life setting for a long time, even TSW dumped Sci-fi and ancient fantasy tech into their game because of it. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

The sandbox feature's they're putting into the game are pretty impressive. Game is going to kick ass on DayZ, forgelight engine is the snizzle.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

yeah cause killing nothing but zombies, bunnies and dogs (real world animals) in a vastly unpopulated world is something that's going to keep people playing for years...... /sarcasm.

You forgot humans which are more dangerous than all of them.  And how do you know there wont be some secret high tech government or corporation like umbrella in resident evil that produces all types of dangerous monsters of all sizes?

Also theres an mmo called Fallen Earth which has lots of different types of enemies.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Nadia
    from the inside or you could be out scavenging in the plains when out of nowhere a few hundred zombies come over the horizon. We’re certainly going to be kept on our toes in H1Z1.

Few have any doubt that they are planning on making the game as exciting as possible but the question remains, how long can a game like this keep a person excited?

Long term, how many times can a person be remotely interested in fighting off a zombie horde? 140 times? 200?

The real question is, is a zombie game set in the real world really viable long term. Real life is boring, that's why we play games and few are interested in playing a real life setting for a long time, even TSW dumped Sci-fi and ancient fantasy tech into their game because of it. 

GTA-V would disagree with you

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• OceanhawkOceanhawk Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    Originally posted by dranael

You must have just started playing Planetside 2 this month or something.

Planetside 2 was plagued with people shooting through walls, aimbots, invincibility, and doing "lag switch" warping. You clearly don't have any real experience with the game, therefore you should refrain from making false statements.  Have the decency to at least google.com before doubling down on incorrect info.

You are simply trying to be obtuse. PS2 is a pretty clean game and I have yet to run into a hacker.  I could care less if PS2 used to have problems, I'm happy that they fixed it and I expect they will adapt that learning into keeping H1Z1 clean. So stop trying to troll people and instead why don't you go do a google.com search. Ignorant trolls like you are what give the gaming community such a bad rap.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    If it has gathering and crafting of Fallen Earth with combat of Planetside 2 then I'm in... if not I am out.