Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where have all the bugs gone....

2»

Comments

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by Asariasha

Zenimax is indeed doing a good job in improving the overall gaming experience.

About bugs:

I always wonder about players complaining about the game being full of bugs. This weekend I reached a playtime of 120 hours (VR1) and I have found only 3 bugged quests so far. All could be solved by the player by following certain actions or restarting the quest.

One thing I found out while questing through the zones of Ebonheart Pact: Even though a quest works perfectly fine, players sometimes complain in region chat about that particular quest being bugged. Usually these players have not READ the quest dialogue or did not check the hints / objectives in their quest journal.

tell that to my level 43 nightblade who literally couldnt progress into coldharbor because i was content locked to my level 20 story quest, which took ZOS 2 weeks to abandon for me so i could re-do it, in which time i had already hit vet 1 on a sorc i started when i realised i couldnt progress my nightblade any further, even after about 12 emails to and from customer support and a 45 minute phone conversation... yes some quests were just people being stupid.. but there was a high amount of gamebreaking bugs.

• DoushiDoushi Member UncommonPosts: 96
    all the bugs I have encountered are still intact, and the combat still keeps breaking. Maybe it's been server load issue.

mmorpg.com, the 4chan of mmo forums.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Krayfish

The only major bug I can speak of that is really something that needs to be fixed is ability lockup during fights, whereas I am unable to attack or use any hotbar abilities and will remain this way until either I or the mob is dead. I would have thought this might of been fixed by now seeing as it has been this way since early access (didn't play enough in beta to test it). So far it only seems to be dual wielding with my dragonknight, whether it also happens with other classes I am unsure.

Moral of the story, sh*ts annoying yo.

This is the main thing that's bothering me now. It happens to me on my templar using 2h weaps. And it seems to happen when I'm in a boss fight. The armor repair costs are irritating when I die because of this. It happens to me about twice a play session.

I also get weird lag and then disconnected, maybe 2-3 times a session, which is like 4 hours at a time.

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by mbrodie

About bugs:

I always wonder about players complaining about the game being full of bugs. This weekend I reached a playtime of 120 hours (VR1) and I have found only 3 bugged quests so far. All could be solved by the player by following certain actions or restarting the quest.

One thing I found out while questing through the zones of Ebonheart Pact: Even though a quest works perfectly fine, players sometimes complain in region chat about that particular quest being bugged. Usually these players have not READ the quest dialogue or did not check the hints / objectives in their quest journal.

tell that to my level 43 nightblade who literally couldnt progress into coldharbor because i was content locked to my level 20 story quest, which took ZOS 2 weeks to abandon for me so i could re-do it, in which time i had already hit vet 1 on a sorc i started when i realised i couldnt progress my nightblade any further, even after about 12 emails to and from customer support and a 45 minute phone conversation... yes some quests were just people being stupid.. but there was a high amount of gamebreaking bugs.

I'm sorry that you experienced such bugs. Could you please explain more in detail about that lvl20 storyline bug and why Zenimax had to abandon (abort?) your quest?

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

I finished the main story yesterday and I've encountered quite a few bugs along the way up to molag bal final battle. They are still very much alive.

The labyrinth thing is completely bugged. I have to jump on a pillar with the light on my hand and then facing my target I have to jump left and send the light in mid air lol.

This of course doesn't always work. I saw some people saying "its supposed to be a challenge" lol come on, no it's not. It's bugged simple as that. After going through that part and another part full of mobs, the game teleports me back to the initial part of the labyrinth where I have to do that crap all over again. Me and some other 20 naked people jumping off the pillar.

The "army" that they mention in the dialogues (which are broken, sometimes they don t move their mouths, sometimes they dislocate their jaw while talking, sometimes the dialogue doesn't match what its written), are just a few mobs along the way hardly an army. Your friendly NPC followers though are as useless as they get, they just stand right next to an enemy with their weapons sheathed, looking at them and then they say how badly wounded they got and can't fight anymore lol.

Everything was such an immersive breaking experience, I couldn't care less about the final battle, I just killed molag bal fast and get the hell out of there.

The worst part of it all its how they introduce you, the excuse they give you, for you to go and complete the other faction's zones. "So hey! You're all done now BUT your adventure has just begun! Why don't you forget all these past glorious deeds you've made saving the world, oh great champion, and go to your enemies' faction zones as an unknown vagabond and do more glorious deeds???"

2 more entire faction zones of BORING quests that I must do to reach the level cap. No other alternatives at all! Quest or unsub! Or AOE powerlevel like a brainless zombie through hordes of mobs.

The main quest story made the questing just bareably even though its very buggy. I really can't put myself through another 2 faction zones. It's like another 50 normal levels if not more. The feeling of reaching the end of the main story and knowing that you've only reached 1/3rd of the game is priceless, in a very negative way.

Maybe if the quests were fun to play, with dynamic events along the way, NPC's that really help you, content challenging enough that require the help of the unknown players that pass by you all the time bunny hopping. Maybe then the quests were worth doing.

I really wanted this game to be good but it's just not good. PVP may save this but its all messed up aswell.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by Kinado

I finished the main story yesterday and I've encountered quite a few bugs along the way up to molag bal final battle. They are still very much alive.

The labyrinth thing is completely bugged. I have to jump on a pillar with the light on my hand and then facing my target I have to jump left and send the light in mid air lol.

This of course doesn't always work. I saw some people saying "its supposed to be a challenge" lol come on, no it's not. It's bugged simple as that. After going through that part and another part full of mobs, the game teleports me back to the initial part of the labyrinth where I have to do that crap all over again. Me and some other 20 naked people jumping off the pillar.

The "army" that they mention in the dialogues (which are broken, sometimes they don t move their mouths, sometimes they dislocate their jaw while talking, sometimes the dialogue doesn't match what its written), are just a few mobs along the way hardly an army. Your friendly NPC followers though are as useless as they get, they just stand right next to an enemy with their weapons sheathed, looking at them and then they say how badly wounded they got and can't fight anymore lol.

Everything was such an immersive breaking experience, I couldn't care less about the final battle, I just killed molag bal fast and get the hell out of there.

The worst part of it all its how they introduce you, the excuse they give you, for you to go and complete the other faction's zones. "So hey! You're all done now BUT your adventure has just begun! Why don't you forget all these past glorious deeds you've made saving the world, oh great champion, and go to your enemies' faction zones as an unknown vagabond and do more glorious deeds???"

2 more entire faction zones of BORING quests that I must do to reach the level cap. No other alternatives at all! Quest or unsub! Or AOE powerlevel like a brainless zombie through hordes of mobs.

The main quest story made the questing just bareably even though its very buggy. I really can't put myself through another 2 faction zones. It's like another 50 normal levels if not more. The feeling of reaching the end of the main story and knowing that you've only reached 1/3rd of the game is priceless, in a very negative way.

Maybe if the quests were fun to play, with dynamic events along the way, NPC's that really help you, content challenging enough that require the help of the unknown players that pass by you all the time bunny hopping. Maybe then the quests were worth doing.

I really wanted this game to be good but it's just not good. PVP may save this but its all messed up aswell.

Yep, naked pillar jumping,  it was so ridiculous it made me laugh.  I accidentally "dodge launched" off the lower platform (not the pillar) and got it.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by Kinado

I finished the main story yesterday and I've encountered quite a few bugs along the way up to molag bal final battle.

The point is that they have been largely addressed, especially at lower levels.  A single bugged quest (which you belabored at length) is unfortunate, but it's not anything close to typical.  I just ran a toon through Glenumbra with absolutely no hitches, for example.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Spoiler Alert!!!

I haven't seen many bugs in my entirety of playing, but I've only ran into one this past week.  Varen wouldn't heal me for some reason while marching against Molag Bal.  On my first time through, he healed me like every 5-6 seconds lol.  This time around, he just stood there like a blind old man XD

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by mbrodie

About bugs:

I'm sorry that you experienced such bugs. Could you please explain more in detail about that lvl20 storyline bug and why Zenimax had to abandon (abort?) your quest?

it was fixed in a patch a couple of patches ago... it was the one where you watch lyris and abnur have an argument and she punches him in the face, basically when i got upto watching it the client bugged out and booted me, when i logged back in i was unable to interact with the npcs or reset the personal instance to get it to work, a lot of people experienced this bug and it had nothing todo with internet.. (i have fibre optic 100/40 thats never dropped out in 2 years) and i have a beast gaming rig, so it wasnt my computer.. it was just simply an issue with client programming and the server tech they're using, being a main story quest i was unable to abandon it myself and it ended up take 3 weeks from the time i reported it and started dealing with customer support, after the first week and seeing nothing was going to happen in a timely manner i rerolled a sorc and got it to vet 1 before they fixed my nightblade...

in daggerfall until the recent patch, people were locked from completing several quests in bangkorai due to mobs just not exsisting, there was a quest in stormhaven which didnt have enough crates to interact with.. basically twice through 1 - 50 there was at least 2 quests per zone that were physically uncompletable and it wasnt any of the ones people were complaining about in chat, for the most part the ones people were complaining about werent actually broken.

I'm an achievement whore and like my 100% zone completions and checking off all the achievemnts, my vet 5 sorc has like almost 3k achievement last time i checked and especially in veteran levels you HAVE todo all the quests in the zones to stay on track or you fall way behind in exp so being unable to complete quests is a big problem.