Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you are L50 and VR1 and think you have achieved something? Think again

asdfbbqasdfbbq Member UncommonPosts: 27

And realize how SUPER CHEAP this game has been developed:

After reaching L50 you then enter the zone of 1 of the 2 other factions and quest all over again. As if you were L1 and would start the game right from zero.

The only difference is, now those ranks are called "veteran ranks" wohoo now you feel badass right? God, the WildStar voice when levelling up would fit here perfectly ;) no, I wont play WS either. No chance in catching me here.

And the second surprise here is, that apart from some differences in the dungeons - the entire content in all three zones is the same.

So choice is an illusion. Yet once again. If you level as EP and go into DC zones, or whatever you did first - you enter all areas pretty much on the same 'ideal' level.

Seeing Veteran Ranks as something special is just wrong on so many levels.

Veteran ranks from 1-5 means going from 'normal' level 1-50 again. In that entire zone. VR 6-10, means yet once again going from 1-50 in the last zone. So you went through all three.

Nice content recycling right there ZOS. Do you really believe people are that infantile to not realize this?

Comments

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219

I actually really like this idea a lot. Now I don't have to create alts to see the other factions content.

I'm a big pve'er though so my opinion is biased.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by asdfbbq

After reaching L50 you then enter the zone of 1 of the 2 other factions and quest all over again. As if you were L1 and would start the game right from zero.

The only difference is, now those ranks are called "veteran ranks" wohoo now you feel badass right? God, the WildStar voice when levelling up would fit here perfectly ;) no, I wont play WS either. No chance in catching me here.

And the second surprise here is, that apart from some differences in the dungeons - the entire content in all three zones is the same.

So choice is an illusion. Yet once again. If you level as EP and go into DC zones, or whatever you did first - you enter all areas pretty much on the same 'ideal' level.

Seeing Veteran Ranks as something special is just wrong on so many levels.

Veteran ranks from 1-5 means going from 'normal' level 1-50 again. In that entire zone. VR 6-10, means yet once again going from 1-50 in the last zone. So you went through all three.

Nice content recycling right there ZOS. Do you really people are that infantile to not realize this?

I'm actually really excited about this myself, being able to see all the content on just 1 character? Sign me up ZOS!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

This was explicitly advertised and has been extensively discussed.  If they didn't do this, people would complain that they "could only see a third of the game with their main character".  If they do, then it's "cheap".  For the record, it does look as if there are 100 - 150 hours of things to do per faction; in what way is having more things to do than any other newly released MMO "cheap"?

• GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Originally posted by ElElyon

I actually really like this idea a lot. Now I don't have to create alts to see the other factions content.

+1

This was actually a big plus in my book

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Thanks OP. I didn't realize this is how it works in ESO. I'm excited about hitting 50 now! :)

Joined - July 2004

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    You don't get all content. The main story quests are off limits. As are guild quests.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I got a VR10 and a VR1, and I like how slow it is to level.  It's fast compared to some old MMOs I used to play :)

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Sounds cool to me OP!

Experiencing all areas & factions with my main, with the PvP mode ON at the other faction´s areas seems like a good endgame to me :)

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

OP has 8 posts, all of them bashing ESO.

Seems totally legit

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    (blah blah blah)

Nice content recycling right there ZOS. Do you really believe people are that infantile to not realize this?

It always amazes me that people will go to great ends to make new account after new account, expending their hateful rage at the newest game, to bring us these gems of wisdom.

Psst.. This information has been out for months, in multiple dev announcements where discussion of the VR system and visiting other faction's zones were topics.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I got a VR10 and a VR1, and I like how slow it is to level.  It's fast compared to some old MMOs I used to play :)

If only I had the same amount of time you have to sink into a video game.  So, you've essentially hit 50, four times.  I have one level 17, a level 9 and a level 7.  I'd be lucky to get 20 hours to play in a week.  So I'm betting you easily log enough for a full time job, and probably more.

• ImpsyImpsy Member UncommonPosts: 53

If the questing was actually interesting and you actually made PROGRESS as you leveled through these recycled zones that would be one thing. If leveling through the veteran ranks actually gave you more options for progress instead of less that'd be another. However, in reality, your options are extremely linear, extremely boring and extremely limited. Want to group with a friend? Too bad. It's likely you won't be in the same instance for the same quest. You want to level through dungeons? Too bad, the exp is shit and the dungeon is likely bugged like most of the quest content. Want to just grind mobs? Too bad, that shit will take you days without yielding any skyshards or skill points which are ONLY accessible through the garbage quests. Prepare to avoid NPCs and rush your way to quest objectives while ignoring poorly voice-acted dialogue by the same 3 people over and over and over, except instead of noticeable progress it's just going to take you 5x longer to gain 1 VR rank.

I'd be all for this kind of gaming if it didn't actually effect PvP-viability and other options were available for those of us who recognize the bullshit that is Zenimax questing. But rather than continue playing the game or feeding trolls/fanbois I did what YOU OTHER DISGRUNTLED GAMERS should do: I voted with my wallet. In game petitioned, got a full refund and straight up told them that this kind of crap isn't going to fly especially not at an $80 sticker price on a subscription based game. I will be back when the game inevitably goes f2p, but until then it's just not the game for me and THAT'S OK!

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644

Forewarning... don't take V level areas lightly, it gets a lot harder(but fun).  Best analogy I can think of:

In regular, you play the game.

In veteran, game play you!!

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

There's nothing wrong with using the same content because the idea in this game is to stick with one character.

The real issue with V-ranks is that the mobs are far more challenging, far less rewarding and veteran ranks themselves don't feel like improving your character.

Also they require you to thoroughly explore each and every one of these zones without skipping a single quest or leading to a trouble in getting to the next rank.

The IDEA of veteran zones and veteran ranks is SOLID.

The EXECUTION is POOR to say the least.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    So hopefully they tweak it.  I'd be totally OK, for example, if they made the PvP scaling shallower so that a VR1 toon was closer to a VR10 toon - and bumped up the PvP experience a bit.  That way people could participate in PvP after 50 if they felt so moved and the PvE folks could have their questing to do.  Is it really the case that you're at a huge disadvantage in PvP at VR1?
  • ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98

I really enjoy the veteran/other faction zones.

I am r6 and my leveling gets slowed down a lot due to the beauty of the zones and my urge to explore. There is always something to explore, caves, tunnels, waterfalls.....The zones are nice sized,, the world feels very large, and the graphics and design is completely immersive.

Each faction has a very real and distinct feel to it. My only complaint is that I would like to see more creative open dungeons, less cookie cutter, and larger sizes.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I think the 50+ and the 50++ areas are a brilliant idea. I wish more MMOs would do something like this. The ways they can build on this are awesome. PvE events where you take out the other factions capital city would be one I would love to see.  
  • sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Let me get this straight, we're actually complaining that there is TOO MUCH content in games now?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I suppose your complaint is valid because it's your opinion but it feels a bit petty.

so many pve people want "more" pve content yet don't consider raids to be "good" pve content.

This give them more quest material. For those people who like quests it's a good thing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I think the 50+ and the 50++ areas are a brilliant idea. I wish more MMOs would do something like this. The ways they can build on this are awesome. PvE events where you take out the other factions capital city would be one I would love to see.  

That's a really cool idea Nanfoodle. Some dynamic open world PvE city sieges? Now that's some PvE raid content I could actually sink my teeth into!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

There's nothing wrong with using the same content because the idea in this game is to stick with one character.

The real issue with V-ranks is that the mobs are far more challenging, far less rewarding and veteran ranks themselves don't feel like improving your character.

Also they require you to thoroughly explore each and every one of these zones without skipping a single quest or leading to a trouble in getting to the next rank.

The IDEA of veteran zones and veteran ranks is SOLID.

The EXECUTION is POOR to say the least.

I agree although I wouldn't say its poor, it just needs a lot of tweaking. And that's fine because as far as I know this has never been done before so you wouldn't expect it to be implemented perfectly.

I have to admit that I don't feel the need to explore as much in the Veteran Ranks as I did leveling to 50. the fact that they removed exp from discovering new areas and chests was disappointing to me. I wish they left that in and just raised the exp needed for each new Veteran level. That way I still feel like I am progressing by exploring.

I love how slow you level, it makes gear actually mean something, it was annoying to me how I would get excited about getting a cool blue item just to have it be replaced by a green item a couple days later because I leveled so fast.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Reticulata

I really enjoy the veteran/other faction zones.

I am r6 and my leveling gets slowed down a lot due to the beauty of the zones and my urge to explore. There is always something to explore, caves, tunnels, waterfalls.....The zones are nice sized,, the world feels very large, and the graphics and design is completely immersive.

Each faction has a very real and distinct feel to it. My only complaint is that I would like to see more creative open dungeons, less cookie cutter, and larger sizes.

Agree 100%. Each faction has a very different look, feel and theme to them. I started out in the AD and there it was all artfully crafted elven structures beautiful gardens and plot after plot by the Heritance Altmer supremacists trying to oust the new young queen.

Now in the EB Its unforgiving terrain with volcanos, swamps or bitter cold and the people molded by those environments.

There is nothing "the same" about EP compared to AD.

And I agree about the public solo dungeons following the very same and predictable paths (although the interior scenery is a bit different in each.) At least the larger and slightly tougher "public dungeons" show a lot more variety.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

That's a really cool idea Nanfoodle. Some dynamic open world PvE city sieges? Now that's some PvE raid content I could actually sink my teeth into!

Thanks =-)

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Really?  They make a game with a PVE leveling speed less than 1/3rd of any other theme park released in the last 10 years and you call it "SUPER CHEAP" complete with caps?  

It not cheap it's great but you represent part of the problem MMORPG's have which is they can't make a real multiplayer RPG as long as the vast majority only cares about what's at the end of the road instead of the journey.