Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: First Patch Notes Released

2»

Comments

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by BeansnBread
    Originally posted by Adokas
    I think this is the first time I have ever, EVER, seen complaints that a company is trying to improve their game. /baffled

This is like my 300th time.

Aren't you going crazy? xD

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by BeansnBread
    I think this is the first time I have ever, EVER, seen complaints that a company is trying to improve their game. /baffled

This is like my 300th time.

Aren't you going crazy? xD

I remember WoW patches from when I used to play a long time ago. They were always flooded more with criticisms than "Thank You!" or whatever. But almost every patch note thread I've ever read have had complaints about one thing or other.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Dracondis
    OMG!  Put them after a break or something.  Wall of Spam.  I've already given up on ESO being a game that's worth playing.

Yet it is worth your full attention to read up on forums and actually post a comment. cool.

That aside....people actually complaining  that they are trying to fix stuff? Damned if you don't...damned if you do.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Now that is a patch listing !!

Holy Smokes !

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Must be the largest patch I have ever saw.

I will continue to wait.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    So is this a sign that the game is exiting beta? Interesting how you have to subscribe to see what's in it, similar to how healthcare was recently passed.
  • EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Im not complaining about them patching. Im saying it wasn't ready for launch.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

"Is lesser circle still bugged?"

"Yes"

"Is Larder still bugged?"

"yes"

"Lemme guess, Summoner is bugged right?"

"No it works... SIKE, still broken"

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    So is this a sign that the game is exiting beta? Interesting how you have to subscribe to see what's in it, similar to how healthcare was recently passed.

I suggest that you take your politics elsewhere. No one is interested in that discussion.

This is a gaming board.

There are many other sites for you to discuss healthcare.

I can recommend some if you are unaware of them.

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100
    LOL, Gigantic Patch and the same cry babies complaining that the things they complained about being broke are being fixed....Seriously you can't make up this stuff! I read somewhere that most people who are like this are truly unhappy in their lives, nothing I mean NOTHING makes them happy....pathetic.
  • rminter48rminter48 Member UncommonPosts: 19

"Added additional runestone harvest nodes to all zones in the game."

Thank you. Whenever I found one of these things I got excited because of how rare they are compared to all the other nodes.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Nice, just shows how devs are commited.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Do you see that atronach lady on the first top picture of the article? I'll take that atronach (or a flame atronach) any day over every ugly ones that the Sorcerer currently have. What were they thinking......

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

All these people hate ESO but yet they click on this thread to  bash it MMORPG.com needs to start banning people for trolling because this  is baiting,

These people just want the game for free because they are mad they can't afford to play.. That is all. Period,   I see this with every game  that costs money . Wait until Wild Star, Shroud of the Avatar and other games release we will see the same BS with these games, every game I see the same people saying the same things. 

/yawn.

• TorvacTorvac Member UncommonPosts: 135
    almost 700 lines of patchnotes instead of a just a link ;/
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

They should've given pre-orderers a free month due to all the BS around launch.

Definately not going to pay just to see the next patch but maybe some day :j

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Originally posted by OldMMOGamer
    LOL, Gigantic Patch and the same cry babies complaining that the things they complained about being broke are being fixed....Seriously you can't make up this stuff! I read somewhere that most people who are like this are truly unhappy in their lives, nothing I mean NOTHING makes them happy....pathetic.

QFT

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I just hope to gain veteran ranks other then quest grinds...
    Let me play AvA and gain almost the same exp i would get from questing...
    Let me run dungeons and gain almost the same exp i would get from questing...

This is all i ask...no more quests ugh :P

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Just read the patch notes and all i have to say is, "THAT'S IT?"

/jk

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by junzo316

My concern would be....How many more bugs are gonna be created by the new patch?  Should be interesting.

That's a good question that's going to be answered by how well ZM has QA'd ESO from the beginning.

If in the early stages of development, they introduced a bug that did't get corrected, other code may be built on top of that which compensates for the bug. Now that gets broken.

For (an overly simplified) example. A component is developed and it's supposed to calculate 4+4 and it's bugged so it gives 9. Later someone takes that into account without looking at the initial code and assumes it's working properly, and needs to make it 12, so he adds 3. Well, now you fixed 4+4 and you get 8 properly, but the code on top of that that was expecting 9, is now putting out 11 instead of 12.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by OldMMOGamer

It's because they think they like MMOs, they came over because of WoW, or a friend got them into MMOs.  Now they think they're MMO players, but when an old school feeling MMO like this comes out, they have no idea how good it is, so hey QQ.

I've said it forever, MMOs will always be niche.  They'll never be like Skyrim or CoD, selling 20-50 million copies.  I have 3 simple questions to tell if you're an MMO player.  Would you mind sitting at your computer for an hour chopping down a tree for wood?  Would you spend another hour taking said wood to town and turning it into planks and then things like spears, shields, etc.?  Would you like to play the same game for more than 4 years?  If you answered no to any of those 3, you're not a real MMO player, since this is where all MMOs come from.  It's like for CoD, you could ask, do you mind dying, a lot? Do you get happy when you hear "Head Shot"? Do you like guns? Answer no, and you probably don't like CoD hehe.

• MazingerZMazingerZ Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    The huge patch push to attempt to persaud people to stay (FYI, not saying its just ESO, ALL MMos push this usually in the first 2 months or so). Quite early to push it really for a new launch game, though it does have a LOT of issues to go through that I can see why its being nudged early in hopes of keeping people subscribed.

I don't get comments like this. What should they do, not try to fix things as fast as possible and push content that is ready to a later date? Logic class anyone?

Easy.  This is shit that should have been done prior to launch.  This should be stuff that convinces us to buy not to stay.  The point of the matter is that they released a rather poor game for 60+ bucks and the only reason they're bothering to patch it is because they expect to make 15 bucks a month off us after the initial sale.

Had this been a non-MMO, it would have been laughed off-stage for the amount of piss-wiffle we got for 60 bucks.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by MazingerZ
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    The huge patch push to attempt to persaud people to stay (FYI, not saying its just ESO, ALL MMos push this usually in the first 2 months or so). Quite early to push it really for a new launch game, though it does have a LOT of issues to go through that I can see why its being nudged early in hopes of keeping people subscribed.

I don't get comments like this. What should they do, not try to fix things as fast as possible and push content that is ready to a later date? Logic class anyone?

Easy.  This is shit that should have been done prior to launch.  This should be stuff that convinces us to buy not to stay.  The point of the matter is that they released a rather poor game for 60+ bucks and the only reason they're bothering to patch it is because they expect to make 15 bucks a month off us after the initial sale.

Had this been a non-MMO, it would have been laughed off-stage for the amount of piss-wiffle we got for 60 bucks.

lol

Just wait for the next single player ES game. 100% of ES singe player games are riddled with bugs, they are notorious for being some of the buggiest games - not only that, many people don't even enjoy them without addons. Yet, they are purchased and praised each and every time. Had ESO been a non-MMO, it would have been received just like every other installation of an ES game, with high scores and people bleating on about how amazing it is.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

All these people hate ESO but yet they click on this thread to  bash it MMORPG.com needs to start banning people for trolling because this  is baiting,

These people just want the game for free because they are mad they can't afford to play.. That is all. Period,   I see this with every game  that costs money . Wait until Wild Star, Shroud of the Avatar and other games release we will see the same BS with these games, every game I see the same people saying the same things. 

/yawn.

All people hate ESO?  <citation needed>