Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help, i can't stop playing!

wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
 OMG, never been so addicted to a game. The RoS expac has changed everything and really turned it around and made it alot of fun to play. Only thing missing is some fun PvP

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

lol .. i am with you .. same problem here.

In fact, i play so much that a) my mouse arm hurts .. and b) my wife is teasing me about it.

The bad news is that she probably will move from teasing to more drastic action if i don't tone it down soon. (OTOH, the whole family is going to vegas this weekend .. so i may not get to play much ... sigh).

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

I have the opposite reaction. While my initial thought of ROS was excellent and I called it even the best game of the last 2 years ...

I hardly play it since a few weeks and clocked in around 20 hours total with it.

I played Vanilla Diablo 3 around 1100 hours over 15 months time, but for some reason I don't feel the "urge" to play ROS at all.

In the back of my mind there is still the absence of any serious trading which kept me going in Vanilla D3 AND the fact you had these challenges by progressing through Hell, Inferno difficulties.

In ROS you just tune it down when you have trouble. I can find no longer the challenge to keep playing.

These days it is a little bit of WOW, 1 hour of Hearthstone and 4 to 5 small sessions of Farmville 2 on the iPad.

I miss the farming and selling of mats and gear in D3.

ROS clearly lacks trading mats and some lesser gear AND a fixed difficulty.

Ever since playing Farmville2 I think more than ever Blizzard is missing the new  wave. Even Hearthstone is much to much oriented to the geeks play and D3 ROS isn't satisfying without trading.

Originally posted by sportsfan

I do agree with the comment of trading (i mean, it is pretty clear that they took it away) but i don't agree the difificulty is fixed.

They just call it differently, but the difficulty slider is still there. There is little difference in terms of difficulty between RoS and the version of D3 before 2.01 (except the difficulty is no longer call MP).

• KJ30KJ30 Member Posts: 47

Hi everyone,

I started playing 3 weeks ago. A friend told me to start , after the last update. I think i am addicted too(maybe a bit). Its hard when you have a full time job and a full time wife :)

Originally posted by KJ30

Hi everyone,

I started playing 3 weeks ago. A friend told me to start , after the last update. I think i am addicted too(maybe a bit). Its hard when you have a full time job and a full time wife :)

Do you have full-time kids too? I am juggling job, wife, kids + D3 ... all my other video games are gathering dust (although i vouch to get back to Tomb Raider soon).

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Hi everyone,

Do you have full-time kids too? I am juggling job, wife, kids + D3 ... all my other video games are gathering dust (although i vouch to get back to Tomb Raider soon).

Not yet, but my woman is a tough one(lol)

You are my hero :)...Parents should have special priviledges in mmos

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Pleasantly addicted here too though it gets shelved when I want to socialize, complete work at home, go to work, etc. Not hitched so no worries about aggro from an "other half". Besides, I think one credential of any future guy of mine would be that he is a gamer otherwise he will be pulling his hair out hee hee.

Working on a WD at the moment.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

The solution is to get your wives addicted to D3 too image

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Come on guys really? D3 can't be this addictive...I played it myself too to the end of the worlds and shitloads of paragon levels but in the end it repeats and repeats and it's kinda pointless...I wonder which aspect of the game drew you in that much?

beLIEve

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

if they made every year 10 new levels the game would have been great but doing the same things over and over again is boring.

the game is very pretty and nice but after you finished it once you are bored,just like neverwinter.

withy dark souls you also can play the game over with a new character but I don't know if I have the patience.

Originally posted by MurlockDance

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Tried man...she is not into gaming :(...Which i believe in a way its good. Keeps me balanced.

Originally posted by Megilindir
    Come on guys really? D3 can't be this addictive...I played it myself too to the end of the worlds and shitloads of paragon levels but in the end it repeats and repeats and it's kinda pointless...I wonder which aspect of the game drew you in that much?

Hi Megilindir

This is my opinion.

1) I love the art , the environments , and the music

2) I love the gameplay and all the animations - butchering - blood effects involved

3) What i believe is missing is the mmorpg aspect of the game (character customization and a good pvp system with rewards-statistics in order to keep you going)

Every game is pointless.

D3 is addicting because combat is fun. It will become boring eventually as any other game. But so far, it keeps my interests more than any other game.

It is not happening. The most sophisticated game my wife has played is the Snoopy Street fair game on the iOS. There is nothing I can do to make her play any other game.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    what is this game about and what makes it addictive?

Every game is pointless.

D3 is addicting because combat is fun. It will become boring eventually as any other game. But so far, it keeps my interests more than any other game.

I will agree on that. All games eventually will become boring. Whether you like it or not is subjective, it depends on each individuals likes and dislikes. However i believe that we can all agree that , no matter if we like it or not, from an objective point of view Diablo 3 is a good quality game.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Originally posted by DocBrody

Just blowing up masses of enemies can be quite stress relieving.

That and the ease of play in being able to fire it up, go into a game and play for a little, and get out. You don't have to commit a whole lot of time to a game session.

There's something satisfying about blowing stuff up.

Originally posted by helthros
    Originally posted by DocBrody

Just blowing up masses of enemies can be quite stress relieving.

That and the ease of play in being able to fire it up, go into a game and play for a little, and get out. You don't have to commit a whole lot of time to a game session.

There's something satisfying about blowing stuff up.

I played the game in two style.

When i want more challenging, and want to be "serious", I tweak my builds, and play on a higher torment level, and try to play well.

When i want to blow up stuff, i lower torment level by 1, and enjoy the carnage.

This game is very versatile. I can play the "blow up" style, i can challenge myself, i can explore builds and play the meta gear game.

Very fun.

Setting up new builds to overcome harder and harder difficulties. That is what keeps me going. I love messing with runes, skills, passives, and gear to see what combinations I like playing most. And that is for every class, softcore and hardcore. In D2 I kept busy doing that around unique items. Now I do it to overcome really nasty elite mobs.

It is not happening. The most sophisticated game my wife has played is the Snoopy Street fair game on the iOS. There is nothing I can do to make her play any other game.

I do not understand this at all and makes me sad.

I love gaming and think it is a fantastic way to spend time with someone you care about. It is good for honing skills to that can be useful in every day life, like building up muscles in your mouse clicky finger, or figuring out who is tank and healer in any teamwork you participate in (not sure about the tank n spank part though).

I do try to convince my fellow women that gaming is one way to keep sane in life, but I usually do not get listened to.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

I have the opposite reaction. While my initial thought of ROS was excellent and I called it even the best game of the last 2 years ...

I hardly play it since a few weeks and clocked in around 20 hours total with it.

I played Vanilla Diablo 3 around 1100 hours over 15 months time, but for some reason I don't feel the "urge" to play ROS at all.

In the back of my mind there is still the absence of any serious trading which kept me going in Vanilla D3 AND the fact you had these challenges by progressing through Hell, Inferno difficulties.

In ROS you just tune it down when you have trouble. I can find no longer the challenge to keep playing.

These days it is a little bit of WOW, 1 hour of Hearthstone and 4 to 5 small sessions of Farmville 2 on the iPad.

Ever since playing Farmville2 I think more than ever Blizzard is missing the new  wave. Even Hearthstone is much to much oriented to the geeks play and D3 ROS isn't satisfying without trading.

Hard to take you seriously when most of your game time is spent on Farmville....

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208

Hi everyone,

Lol nice.

I do not understand this at all and makes me sad.

I love gaming and think it is a fantastic way to spend time with someone you care about. It is good for honing skills to that can be useful in every day life, like building up muscles in your mouse clicky finger, or figuring out who is tank and healer in any teamwork you participate in (not sure about the tank n spank part though).

I do try to convince my fellow women that gaming is one way to keep sane in life, but I usually do not get listened to.

well, everyone enjoys different entertainment. I watched tv with my wife, go restaurant hopping (great hobby), and also visit wineries (where i tastes wine, and she admire the scenary).

so there are plenty of stuff i do with my wife ... just not gaming.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112

Hard to take you seriously when most of your game time is spent on Farmville....

Farmville 2 on the iPad is quite good. You should try it before judging. As it complies to every single iPad gaming needs.

In fact trading is quite good and farm "guilds" are greatly supported for such a casual game.

That player market is 10 times bigger than any present day Geek game even.

As stated: D3 should have kept with a Gold Auction House for the lesser goods and mats.

The game would have MUCH more replay value with mats trading. Blizzard went from one extreme to another and that never succeeds.

My bet is that they will include a new Gold AH in the next expansion for the basic good trading. (if they are smart, which I mostly doubt).

In fact the basic mats trading functioned perfectly, but their PR department took over and so they deleted every trading.

The game would have MUCH more replay value with mats trading. Blizzard went from one extreme to another and that never succeeds.

"Never succeeds"?

I will call selling 2.7M copies in a week, and getting 86 on metacritics succeeding. Now i understand you do not like it when they take AH away .. but they don't need to please you to succeed, do they?