Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Founder's Packs Available NOW

1235»

Comments

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by BadOrb
     well just look at recent MMO's , Neverwinter , EQ:NL & now this game , ha ha , is this the future ? I bloody hope not , WAKE the hell up gamers!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

There is a rather huge difference between ArcheAge and Neverwinter and EQN

Both Neverwinter and EQN were games in development that are f2p titles at launch.  This is a sort of crowdfunding, getting additional development money.

ArcheAge is a fully launched game with revenue streams of its own.   It should not be resorting to this tactic

And to really blow your mind chew on this:

TW purchased a license to run AA here. So what they are doing is recouping some of the cost of obtaining that license, padding their pockets for future content and gauging the price/item tolerance of cash shoppers. These are the tactics of a publisher, not a developer. They will not be developing content for AA. They will simply be cherry picking content that adds to their bottom dollar. Whether a majority of that is through the sub they offer or through the cash shop remains to be seen.

But if these packages were any indication of their mindset ask yourself this: why would I need $75 worth of in-game cash if I have a 3 month sub? Unless of course you're banking on me spending on average $25 a month on top of a sub price in your cash shop or offering things in your cash shop that are highly priced.

I'll need more info about their plans to deliver content. Will they piss off F2Players or Subbers?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

played the ru beta and loved the game too much to pass on the 150$ pack. I plan to sub anyway so the three months included sub is well worth it, the rare glider to boot.  This will be my home game as I don't think landmark will be fleshed out enough in time to hold my interest and the monetization is wonky too.

so say we all

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by cnutemp
    wont this be free eventually?  Just wait until the game comes out.

Some people have no concept of patience

Others will pay any price to get a head start mapping character progression out before the game launches.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Here we go again, all the complaining how 60 bucks  is to much money, no one is making you pay it, , people just want in an alpha for free, well if you spend 150 bucks, you may actual test and care about the game that is the point  of it... Man, I wish people would understand this...

If you free there is a million of games already free, I really, really wish gamers would work for free.....Every game you guys complain, when MMO's die off, I will laugh so hard....

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Here we go again, all the complaining how 60 bucks  is to much money, no one is making you pay it, , people just want in an alpha for free, well if you spend 150 bucks, you may actual test and care about the game that is the point  of it... Man, I wish people would understand this...

If you free there is a million of games already free, I really, really wish gamers would work for free.....Every game you guys complain, when MMO's die off, I will laugh so hard....

That is the point of ... what? To pay and test the game? I really hope you are kidding .. 

I , don't know others .. I am not complaining about the 60-150$ .. bucks. I am complaining because Trion is heading to that "container" with other companies who care's about cash cash and cash and P2W games. Sure, is nothing wrong to care about cash , but before cash , there is this .. "common sense" , of building a community and respecting the players who are interested in your game. Making ME to PAY to "TEST" their game is ............ pathetic. 

I really really really don't understand how someone is feeling "awesome" to pay between 60-150$ to  .. test the game. 

But .. in the end .. naive people will still be naive, no mater what. 

Those kind of people are people who fall for ads like "make 99999.99$ in just 3 months, order the pack now at a reduced price of just 999.99$"

Because of those, we have this .. pathetic market full of F2P/P2W games which are keep coming with those "awesome packs" every time they release ( and beyond ) .

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• EbanyEbany Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Trion are possibly the worst filth the gaming industry has ever seen.  I would castrate myself with a blunt toothpick b4 I touch one of their games again.
  • maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305

I bought it.  See you in Alpha!

And yes I do think it's a lot of money.  But I work hard for my money and I think it's worth it.  All of people on this site seem unwilling to pay for games.  

I've seen indie alphas with $20k founders packs.

Wait for the release and then whine.

• Manic.MinerManic.Miner Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by maybebaked

I've seen indie alphas with $20k founders packs.

Difference is that indie devs needs money for development and Trion needs money for new cars, houses etc. as AA is complete game.

• gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164
    PASS!!!
  • SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by SBFord

Trion Worlds has gotten busy and put up the order site for ArcheAge Founder's Packs. All packs are available now. Check the information below to find just the right pack to suit your needs.

Details on the Founders Packs:

ARCHEUM - $149.99 - BUY NOW<Link>
    •  Alpha & Beta Access
    • 11,250 Credits ($100 Value)
    • 4-Day Patron Head Start
    • Title: "Trailblazer"
    • 90-Day Patron Status
    • Daru Troves
    • 10 Evenstones
    • 10 Hereafter Stones
    • Glass Phoenix Glider
    • Desert Assassin Platemail
    • Reagents to put your own crest in-game
    • 10 Pet Healing Potions
    • Founder's Cloak

GOLD - $99.99 - BUY NOW<Link>

• Beta Access
    • 7,500 Credits ($50 Value)
    • Title: "Traveler"
    • 60-Day Patron Status
    • 10 Evenstones
    • 10 Hereafter Stones
    • Glass Phoenix Glider
    • Desert Assassin Platemail

SILVER - $49.99 - BUY NOW<Link>

• Beta Access
    • 2,500 Credits ($17 Value)
    • Title: "Founder"
    • 30-Day Patron Status
    • Experimental Glider

I'm not a math pro but:

• 11,250 Credits ($100 Value) and 
    • 7,500 Credits ($50 Value) makes no sense. 7,500 ($50) then ($100) should be 15,000 or actually more since you're paying more and you should get a bonus like most everyone does not less 11,250.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

The website actually says $75 value, not $100.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    They are charging players the price of a full, complete game; just for a chance to test it for them? Plus, isn't this game already out in other countries? I may need to leave MMOs....

When launched it will be F2P. 

$45 worth of subs (3 months)

Contradiction?

• neosparkkneosparkk Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I agree that $150 is incredibly stupid, but don't go around saying the game with be F2P. Technically, yes, it will be. However, it will of course just be a glorified endless demo with heavy restrictions. For instance you won't be able to own your own land unless you're a patron (subscriber), which is a huge part of this game. Who knows what other restrictions there will be.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Seems expensive for a f2p game.. lol
  • An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    They are charging players the price of a full, complete game; just for a chance to test it for them? Plus, isn't this game already out in other countries? I may need to leave MMOs....

Contradiction?

Nop.

"For those who wish to gain VIP benefits while remaining free, we are also hoping to support earning Patron status via in-game methods similar to how REX works in RIFT. We’ll be announcing the details in the weeks to come!"

https://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/frequently-asked-questions-archeage/

Originally posted by angerbeaver

Contradiction?

It's F2P, but like other games, theres a sub for added perks.  They call this patron.  You need to be a patron to own a house, etc.