Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got a refund, you can as well.

Comments

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Rawasa
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima

Well, congrats on abusing refunds and making it more difficult for everyone that has a real issue with a product.

'Not being able to progress' is different from 'not being able to progress as fast as I want'. The game does have bugs, as with any launch, but if you expect perfection, online gaming is not for you.

Finally, getting a refund is not an arcane secret used as an artifact against the evil corporations. It is a pedestrian consumer measure, and you have lots of ways of doing it. But it is a right, and as such, it must be used responsibly. Playing non-stop for 3 weeks, at least in my book, qualifies as enjoying and using a product.

I read the part where he got to L5 in 40 hours didn't you ? .....so when you bullshit about one fact you actually bullshit about everything ,,,I'm sure the op doesn't play anymore just the real reason seems to be in a fog

You very blatantly dismissed every reason the OP gave that didn't line up with your assumption, citing some other reason like being able to dismiss any "facts" based on any one other fact you decide is "Bull Shit". Facts don't work that way. You don't get to dismiss any facts, even if they sit next to something that isn't. It was your final sentence in your post that is really telling. "I'm sure the OP doesn't play anymore"  That statement is the crux of your entire argument and you made that up. All the other "facts" you looked at only mean to support that assumption. The OP gave his reasons for not playing and you decided to superimpose your own reasons why the OP "probably" stopped playing so you could condemn him. If OP's lying you have to catch him in one. Otherwise, you got nothing.

Read the post above ....Looks like he's caught  red handed ,,,,the fact someone likes loves hates or leaves a game is irrelevant , that's any one's  right and no issue with me . Trying to scam folks and having like minded individual fall in like puppet's brings  the term scumbag to my mind ,but I guess facts don't work that way with you ? Looks like I had something

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

I say that overall, in this situation, it's a good thing. I don't care if the OP got his money's worth or not or if it can be said that he's cheating ZM. What about ZM cheating everyone else? Consumers can send a message to these developers/publishers that they need to stop releasing broken crap. Fisnish  development properly, release completed games that have been tested, QA'd and that basically work as intended.

Now, as far as the OP's right to a refund.....I say he has every right. ZM did not deliver a game that was ready for release. OP didn't get what he paid for. 3 days or 3 weeks, what does it matter if the product is incomplete?  These companies need to be held accountable for what they sell. Simple as that.

That is BS you know??? No MMO is ever complete, and every game has bugs on release and most several years post release.

Your currently playing SWTOR according to your Sig. Guess what its been out for over a year and has bugs. Are bugs a pain in the ass hell yes but saying Zenimax is a bad company  because they weren't able to do what no company has ever done previously and pull off a 100% bug free launch. If all companies waited till some mythical "ready to release" point whre there were no bugs for anyone then no game would ever release.

In the end the Op got his refund good for him. weather he deserved one or not is questionable, but then what comes around goes around Karma will judge him better then any of us can.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by winter

I say that overall, in this situation, it's a good thing. I don't care if the OP got his money's worth or not or if it can be said that he's cheating ZM. What about ZM cheating everyone else? Consumers can send a message to these developers/publishers that they need to stop releasing broken crap. Fisnish  development properly, release completed games that have been tested, QA'd and that basically work as intended.

Now, as far as the OP's right to a refund.....I say he has every right. ZM did not deliver a game that was ready for release. OP didn't get what he paid for. 3 days or 3 weeks, what does it matter if the product is incomplete?  These companies need to be held accountable for what they sell. Simple as that.

That is BS you know??? No MMO is ever complete, and every game has bugs on release and most several years post release.

Your currently playing SWTOR according to your Sig. Guess what its been out for over a year and has bugs. Are bugs a pain in the ass hell yes but saying Zenimax is a bad company  because they weren't able to do what no company has ever done previously and pull off a 100% bug free launch. If all companies waited till some mythical "ready to release" point whre there were no bugs for anyone then no game would ever release.

In the end the Op got his refund good for him. weather he deserved one or not is questionable, but then what comes around goes around Karma will judge him better then any of us can.

You are calling BS because of SWTOR? I'm pretty sure the OP's asking for a refund has something to do with ESO being a mess. Not SWTOR, not, WoW, not GW2, not Rift, not Neverwinter or any other title you can think of. I can't, for the life of me think of a reason why what I play has any bearing on the OP's right to a refund except to desperately try to shift a negative light off the issue that ESO should not have launched in the state it did.

For the purposes of this discussion, I am going to assume the OP bought ESO, tried ESO, found ESO defective and asked for his money back.

And BTW, if you recall, SWTOR got a bloody nose for releasing the game they did. It took time but they turned it around. It's only fair that ZM now gets a bloody nose for pushing this unfinished garbage on people. Maybe they will turn it around too.

But as long as people will line up to throw money at these game companies for unfinished products, that's exactly what they will continue to release.

I just cannot find fault with anyone asking for a refund after having been ripped off by ZM.

• SonOfValmarSonOfValmar Member Posts: 49

For anyone who is complaining that the OP (or anyone else for that matter) played 'too long' to apply for a refund, you are not understand a very simple concept.

You see, as someone who has spent plenty of money on video games and have bought plenty I did not enjoy all that much, it is possible to purchase a product and spend time trying to find that spark in the game which will give you a reason to keep playing. Simply playing 40, 50, 100 hours in a game has no bearing on whether a person qualifies for a refund or whether you can judge a person's enjoyment of a product.

I have spent more time than I should have playing certain games to find enjoyment because I wanted to like a game (Diablo 3 as an example, over 100 hours played) only to discover that there really was no reason for me to keep playing. Ultimately, I did not enjoy my experience with that game despite the amount of time I spent trying to find such enjoyment.

Each person does not follow the same reasoning as another. I may spend 60 hours in a game I do not find that enjoyable simply because I want to find that spark due to a desire to enjoy a product. You might spend 5 hours in a game and decide it no longer suits your tastes. There is no limit on time spent in a game when it comes to asking for refunds nor does such a time limit apply to how enjoyable a product is.

I will leave you will another example. I have spent over 400 hours playing Skyrim and I would consider that game to be average at best. So please stop projecting your reasoning unto others and throwing a fit when people do not act in a manner you arbitrarily decided they should.

• 0Neo00Neo0 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Haha so funny Vr5 in a week and he thinks the fault is with the game :).

Been playing 3 weeks and loving it .

• SonOfValmarSonOfValmar Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Aodhan

Haha so funny Vr5 in a week and he thinks the fault is with the game :).

Been playing 3 weeks and loving it .

You have committed a fundamental error in your judgement. You believe that because the OP's style of play is different from yours that somehow equates to you being right and him/her being wrong.

The reason to keep playing a MMO is often times found at the end levels of content. Playing faster can help a player discover if this content is worth sticking around, especially if the game desires its player base to pay hundreds of dollars a year for access to their servers. Why would a player, who might have more time on their hands at the moment or who might enjoy playing end level content more than hanging around the lower levels, be found at fault in this instance?

Faster or slower play is not inherently 'better' than the other. You do yourself a disservice by typing out statements such as the one I quoted.

• himodshimods Member Posts: 54
    This refund thing sounds retarded, no such thing would be needed if people would just do their homework. I knew this game would suck just by reading the feature list, a brief beta later on confirmed me of this.

That said, I'm glad Zenimax loses money and sincerely hope TESO goes belly up ASAP. Teso is a shitty MMORPG and a downright insult for any true TES fan.
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by abeltensor
    ... I got to Vr5 in less than a week but was stuck because the main quest bugged out and wouldnt allow me to progress.  In my quest to try to correct this issue, i found numerous other people with the same exact bug, including force that dude from youtube.  I also found people in other situations where they couldn't even complete the original quest and get to level 50.    

The OP got to lvl 50 (Max) and then past that, all the way to Veteran Rank 5, all in LESS than a week.... And somehow feels a refund was in order?

All I hear is this:

"Dude!  I ate this whole pizza and then 5 slices out of that 10 slice pizza over their, but now I want a refund!"

The world in which we live I suppose...

FYI, I am loving the game, but then again, I am actually paying attention to it...

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by greatskys

For those of you who do truly believe this game is trash or got stuck on a quest for 4 weeks or just feel like the game has no future but bought it in the hopes that it was not what you hoped, you are in luck.   Yesterday i filed a claim with paypal regarding my purchase of Elder scrolls online, today i was informed that i would receive a full refund.   This only really works through paypal so anyone who didnt use it, im sorry youd have to contact your visa card or whatever and attempt to speak with them about the problems. 

For the past 2 weeks, my character was unable to progress due to a game breaking bug in the quest system in the VR of this game.  After many attempts to report this bug and scams of the forms and bug reports that found people who were affected by the same bug, i just decided to give the refund thing a shot on paypal.  Zenimax luckly gave their refund decision to paypal them selves rather then have it go directly to their own company.  This is good news for anyone who doesnt like the game and wants a refund before their free month is finished.   All you really need to do is claim that the game is falsely advertised and doesnt allow you to progress.  For me this is all true, it was falsely advertised that i would be able to play in cyridil but i was not because it would crash every time i would attempt to zone into it and nor could I complete a fantastic story line in ESO because of numerous game breaking bugs and then of course the one that eventually stopped me from gettng to the next zone for 2 weeks.  

Dont allow Zenimax to get away with this backwards game and their bad marketing/horrible support.  If you dont like the game, return it.  It sets a horrible precedent if you let a company like this walk all over you after they release a game that surely should have stayed in development for another year at least.   This is a serious post btw, this is something i actually did, and anyone who his stuck or just generally unsatisfied with the game should follow suit.  

For anyone who doesnt believe that this is real, i will enclose the email showing the refund if i have to.  Im not a troll, i really did do this.  This game is an insult to its entire playerbase and any mmogamer.  Its a bad precedent to let a company get away with a sub fee game that also includes pay walls and one that isnt finished by a long shot at that.  

Edit: Just for all the flamers to flame some more, i think this is probably the first game I've returned in almost 10 years now.  Its not like i think its ok to go on steam play an entire game and return it.  If any of you bought a game like warz for example, did you return it?  and if you didn't do you condemn the people who did?  just something to think about.   

Anyhow ive got to run, going to get my wildstar preorder ready so i can refund it later... 

Tried it got this response from paypal 

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Unfortunately, PayPal was not able to resolve the dispute between the two parties due to the item purchased being virtual or intangible. This included, downloads, online games and memberships to name a few. As a result, PayPal has taken no action on either account at this time. 

So I think you are a liar . Try what he suggests and you will see how much of a liar  the OP is as you will most likely get the same response . 

I'm not trying to defend the game I think there are some poor design choices in it and I wish I could get my money back but this whole thread has been set up to troll the game . 

I don't know what OP says, i don't know he is trolling or not but i can assure you that you can get a refund. It is very easy if you purchased a digital copy. Just contact Zenimax from their website and ask for a refund. You must also mention that it was not a finished game and Zenimax failed to deliver a working product. In my case, it all happened in one day, i asked for a refund, got a refund, no questions asked.

You can also refund a physical copy. But not by e-mailing Zenimax.. Every country has some kind of Good Sales Act / Code, try to find yours online.

Also, to all "in our time we bought the pizza if we took a slice" guys.. We have a saying in my country, it can be translated like.. "Supports King more then King himself". If someday, some company decides to launch a bug free crap, it will be because of guys like us who knows his/her rights and cancel/refund. Not because fanboys like you.. Grow up.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Good luck with your next perfect game with no bugs.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by nitefly

I find it interesting that only in video games industry specially mmorpg's if a person wants a better value for his money or is not satisfied with product / service provided to him he would be called immature or hater.

Where as anywhere else in the sane world returning a faulty or broken product would be considered smart, intelligent and mature thing to do.

One week or two weeks play time doesn't matter. if the product he paid for isn't working up to his satisfaction he has the right to return it.

What a bizzaro world mmo gamers live in where being pro active and responsible with your money gets you labeled as immature.

I'm amazed that gamers will defend a faulty product.

As long as consumers pay real money they should expect a real product that works without problems. For companies to try to make consumers rescind their rights as consumers is dishonest if you ask me and luckily this malpractice also seems to be countered in upcoming EU legislation.

Companies aren't "owed" our money but they do have a legal obligation to deliver a working product if we the consumers pay them. Everything else is simply a scam.

yeah bizzare iisn't it?

After reading this thread i am 100% certain that fanboys are the worst kind. They would suck up to anything and if you do not do the same..well responses to OP  speaks for itself.

Imagine that...here you are again. Trying to tell people what to like.

Good luck with that. While the thousands keep playing

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

I find it interesting that only in video games industry specially mmorpg's if a person wants a better value for his money or is not satisfied with product / service provided to him he would be called immature or hater.

Where as anywhere else in the sane world returning a faulty or broken product would be considered smart, intelligent and mature thing to do.

One week or two weeks play time doesn't matter. if the product he paid for isn't working up to his satisfaction he has the right to return it.

What a bizzaro world mmo gamers live in where being pro active and responsible with your money gets you labeled as immature.

As long as consumers pay real money they should expect a real product that works without problems. For companies to try to make consumers rescind their rights as consumers is dishonest if you ask me and luckily this malpractice also seems to be countered in upcoming EU legislation.

Companies aren't "owed" our money but they do have a legal obligation to deliver a working product if we the consumers pay them. Everything else is simply a scam.

yeah bizzare iisn't it?

After reading this thread i am 100% certain that fanboys are the worst kind. They would suck up to anything and if you do not do the same..well responses to OP  speaks for itself.

Imagine that here you are again completely off topic and posting random BS.

I am not trying to tell anyone what to like..my posts are about people flaming OP for returning the product which wasn't up to his satisfaction.

Please read before you reply or don't bother at all.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

For those of you who do truly believe this game is trash or got stuck on a quest for 4 weeks or just feel like the game has no future but bought it in the hopes that it was not what you hoped, you are in luck.   Yesterday i filed a claim with paypal regarding my purchase of Elder scrolls online, today i was informed that i would receive a full refund.   This only really works through paypal so anyone who didnt use it, im sorry youd have to contact your visa card or whatever and attempt to speak with them about the problems. 

For the past 2 weeks, my character was unable to progress due to a game breaking bug in the quest system in the VR of this game.  After many attempts to report this bug and scams of the forms and bug reports that found people who were affected by the same bug, i just decided to give the refund thing a shot on paypal.  Zenimax luckly gave their refund decision to paypal them selves rather then have it go directly to their own company.  This is good news for anyone who doesnt like the game and wants a refund before their free month is finished.   All you really need to do is claim that the game is falsely advertised and doesnt allow you to progress.  For me this is all true, it was falsely advertised that i would be able to play in cyridil but i was not because it would crash every time i would attempt to zone into it and nor could I complete a fantastic story line in ESO because of numerous game breaking bugs and then of course the one that eventually stopped me from gettng to the next zone for 2 weeks.  

Dont allow Zenimax to get away with this backwards game and their bad marketing/horrible support.  If you dont like the game, return it.  It sets a horrible precedent if you let a company like this walk all over you after they release a game that surely should have stayed in development for another year at least.   This is a serious post btw, this is something i actually did, and anyone who his stuck or just generally unsatisfied with the game should follow suit.  

For anyone who doesnt believe that this is real, i will enclose the email showing the refund if i have to.  Im not a troll, i really did do this.  This game is an insult to its entire playerbase and any mmogamer.  Its a bad precedent to let a company get away with a sub fee game that also includes pay walls and one that isnt finished by a long shot at that.  

Edit: Just for all the flamers to flame some more, i think this is probably the first game I've returned in almost 10 years now.  Its not like i think its ok to go on steam play an entire game and return it.  If any of you bought a game like warz for example, did you return it?  and if you didn't do you condemn the people who did?  just something to think about.   

Anyhow ive got to run, going to get my wildstar preorder ready so i can refund it later... 

While you found the game lacking (as many others do), does ESO deserved to get this kind of treatment? They in fact did REFUND you all of your money, I assume you get 100% refund otherwise there'll be another paragraph on it.
     You played for FREE and get your money back (they did not cheat your money), why do you have to ruin the fun for others? Why do you have to start a personal vendetta on them, it's not like they burned your village of something, they did refund your money.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah

This thread is amusing.  How many off base arguments can we have.  I got a refund on AoC two weeks after playing it.  My reasoning was that they promised content at launch that wasnt in the game.  It even had references to content on the box that wasnt implemented in the game.

I also got a refund on X-Rebirth which I waited for a long long time for it to release, to find a buggy mess.  Man that game was the buggiest piece of crap that I have ever seen.   There was no fixing it quickly and I do not pay to beta test.

When I buy a defective product I return it.  Video games are a product that you dont simply consume over 2 hours.  If I watch a movie and it doesnt meet expectations, I do not ask for my money back but if during the movie the projector goes out 4-5 times, there are gaps due to the movie still running with no sound, you better believe that I will ask for a refund.

I look at video games as ethereal.  There is no real product for me to wear out.  If I return it, I am not returning this physical hardware that I put stress on and in turn lowered the value of.  There is no return shipping costs or extra costs wasted by the return of this product.  Some data vanishes from my computer and some money appears in my account.

I am also willing to look overlook shaky launches to some extent.  I did play through the Anarchy Online launch which is probably the worst launch in mmo history, because I saw something in the game that appealed to me and I felt that it was worth the hassle.  I am older now and frustrated much more easily and I do not like to pay money for defective products.

People are also comparing games to a TV.  I can test a tv out in a store and see if I like it.  I can test drive a car.  Most software has demo's readily available.  Games on the other hand do not necessarily allow you to test the product and lets be honest its not like its food that you consume costing them tons of money to let people test it.  I would be that its more expensive to line the walls of a best buy in demo tvs then to allow people to test software.

Like I said, if a game doesnt entertain me as much as I would like, I cut my losses.  If a game doesnt entertain me and also frustrates me dealing with the product, customer service, blatant false advertising, or some combination, you better believe that I will ask for a refund.

I will probably ask for a refund on eso.  Its a combination of not enjoying the game as much as I would like, bugs such as vanishing equipment that I recraft only for it to be gone on next log in,  and an account ban that lasted damn near a weak for duping.  I have 3 characters that range from lvl 6 to level 12 and my currency added together didnt breach 2k gold, yet I was somehow duping...

This is a good post.

In emphasis to what is in red, I have felt for a long time that MMORPGs should ship with a free trial. Why they almost never do is beyond me. For a game that requires usually more than a month played + a subscription fee for access, a free trial to me is absolutely a necessity.

No, an open beta should not replace a free trial. Betas should be about helping the company de-bug/test/stresstest, not demo a game before its release.

Being a fan of video games and MMORPGs for so long, I have lost my fair share (perhaps more than my fair share actually) of money on buggy, unfinished games or even games that did not have the features described on the box. In all my years of playing, I only ever got refunded once and that was because the game did not work with my computer despite it having the required specs, OS, etc. The rest of the time, I just lost the money because I couldn't get refunded. Now I am far more cautious about where I put my money. As a result, I buy less games, pre-order less often, and as a consequence have fewer regrets.  I might risk more if I knew I could get a refund 100% of the time that something does not work right.

For the sake of transparency, they really should consider doing free trials as much as they can.

Now on to what the OP is saying, it seems very grey to me whether he deserved a refund. I can understand that it is frustrating to be blocked in progression through the game due to a bug, but at first he claimed it was an essential storyline quest, now he seems to be saying that it isn't. So which is it? Is it an essential part of progression or just makes it very annoying to progress? If you can still progress, does that really justify asking for your money back? If it were truly a game-breaking bug, I think it would have been resolved very quickly by Zenimax, whereas if it is just really irritating, it is probably not at the top of their priority list. As with most releases, there will be some pretty nasty bugs. If I had been in the shoes of the OP, who apparently liked the game before he encountered the bug, I would have just put the game aside for several months after the free time is up and then pick it back up once the company has resolved most of the irritating bugs.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• misrosskmisrossk Member UncommonPosts: 23

In a world where everyone wants your money, no matter the cost, I must thank the OP for getting his money back. ESO, to put it simply, is a mockery of both a MMO and TES game. I realize some people like it(don't get how or why but w/e), but you simply cannot excuse the reasons behind the OP's actions as stealing.

He said he got stuck for two weeks with no help from support, so he grinded his way up. I have no f'ing clue if the OP is lying about that or not, but I have a friend who had something similar happen to him. While he never got a refund, because he didn't try, he has quit the game after waiting for a week to hear back from support. If it was me, I would have done what the OP did, and got my money back asap. Lucky for me, I was invited to the beta and found the game to be complete and utter trash (My opinion fanbois, stfu) and did not buy the game.

OP in completely in the right. Do not settle for crap quality/service in a product when your own money is at risk. 

Bravo OP, bravo.

*PS*

And for those screaming "BUGS IN MMO ALWAYS", yeah that's true, there are always bugs in MMOs. But do tell, how many MMOs released in the last couple years have had show stopping bugs that do not get fixed within a two week period?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Malabooga
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by Adokas

Good for you. :-) Can't say I've experienced that many bugs. I've fallen through the world one time, and bumped into maybe 4-5 bugged quests, that have since gotten fixed. But eh, as I said, good for you. If you're unhappy with it, then it is indeed best to get a refund and not play anymore.

Youve been forunate.  I got to Vr5 in less than a week but was stuck because the main quest bugged out and wouldnt allow me to progress.  In my quest to try to correct this issue, i found numerous other people with the same exact bug, including force that dude from youtube.  I also found people in other situations where they couldn't even complete the original quest and get to level 50.    

Wait, so you got to level 50 VR5 and you requested a refund.

I am speechless. You are abusing chargebacks/paypal cancellation. It's like beating a single player game adn wanting a refund after that. How many hours did you play? 200?

How people think that someone who played for 100-200 hours deserves a refund is beyond me. It's just pathetic.

I'm old, over 50. To me this all seems somehow just wrong and it's just another form of thievery. It's like going into McDonalds and eating every thing but one French Fry and asking for a refund. "It was pretty good, but I'm full now and want my money back". 

Nope, its like eating Your big mac and find hair in the middle of it.

Of course youre f*****g entitled to refund AND a free meal on TOP of that (provided you are kind enough to not call the inspection to close the shop and check on sanitation conditions)

I think you got lost in my analogy. I meant he had eaten everything except one french fry and wanted his money back. You can't play games for hours and hours and then expect a refund. It is stealing imho. You may not think that way, but that is my personal belief. I was raised that way and I raised my children that way as well. I'm hoping honesty gets past down through at least my little part of the world to my Grandkids and so on. 

half of the game is half of the game, how many hours that is is completely irrelevant.

If i go to movies and projector breakes at half the movie 8roughly 1 hour) -> refund

If i go to movies for advertised 8 hours marathon and projector breakes at hour 5 -> refund.

Its very simple.

After 10 years of playing WoW it still has bugs. I should ask for a refund I guess. 

If legislative says you can and you find level of quality unacceptable - go ahead.

What is this crap am reading? Legislation doesn't entitle you to 3 weeks return policy. He abused paypal chargeback. It is extremely easy to get a chargeback on your credit card or succeed in a paypal resolution. They don't ask a lot of questions and they don't really investigate that much. Just say some random made up crap and they will reverse the transaction. 

Playing for so many hours does not entitle you to a refund. And don't give me that crap that MMOs are meant to be played for years. Can I then just buy a game like skyrim, play 200 hours and say fuck it, I don't like it. It's meant to be played for years so I want a refund.

Anyways if all this stuff your are making up makes you feel happy, go ahead. It's not like you are not taking away money from a party which is entitled to it. If that guy had a LEGAL right to cancel, why didn't he contact Zenimax? Cause they won't give him a refund cause he is not entitled to it legally. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

i dont return games i didnt like. that's pffffff. like watching a movie and then claiming it sucked and you want your money back ^^

if i dont like games, i dont buy em. it's really quite simple.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

If you play an mmo longer then 24 hours you shoulnt be able to get a refund period.
    If a game is that bad you instandly throw it in the trashbin.

There are alot of glitches and bugs in questing, most anoying one's are the Main Quests...
    I have seens the quest being fix only to be broken 5 days later again.

It realy sucks, but in the end i dont judge a whole mmo on a few broken quests but how it feels when i play.
    And it certainly is one hell of an mmo.

But i also see many people quiting the game realy fast :(
    If you think leveling to level 50 was long then your in for a massive shock once you get to V1 contend.
    its basicly 2 complete campaings you need to quest trough, so if you did 60 hours to 50, then your going to get another 60 hours to VR5 and another 60 hours to VR10.
    Many people wont make that i think.

The main reason is the quest grind and nothing in between.
    You can AvA but get 0.00000001 exp per kill
    You can do Dungeons but get 0.00001 exp per kill
    You can do gathering / crafting but get zero exp for your level

So the only way to progress to V10 is quest grinds and that is something many people dont dig anymore no matter how good the questing is.

And V1+ is to hard for most people with "wrong" specs, its not what Matt Frior said "play the way you want to play" you are going to get bumrushed with the wrong spec perdiod.

I forsee a huge dropoff after the 1st month and i think i am glad to see that.
    Then it means Zenimax has to improve the game or die in a fire.
    I keep playing as i have a epic guild and we have insane amounts of fun together :)

o/

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Mothanos

If you play an mmo longer then 24 hours you shoulnt be able to get a refund period.
    If a game is that bad you instandly throw it in the trashbin.

There are alot of glitches and bugs in questing, most anoying one's are the Main Quests...
    I have seens the quest being fix only to be broken 5 days later again.

It realy sucks, but in the end i dont judge a whole mmo on a few broken quests but how it feels when i play.
    And it certainly is one hell of an mmo.

But i also see many people quiting the game realy fast :(
    If you think leveling to level 50 was long then your in for a massive shock once you get to V1 contend.
    its basicly 2 complete campaings you need to quest trough, so if you did 60 hours to 50, then your going to get another 60 hours to VR5 and another 60 hours to VR10.
    Many people wont make that i think.

The main reason is the quest grind and nothing in between.
    You can AvA but get 0.00000001 exp per kill
    You can do Dungeons but get 0.00001 exp per kill
    You can do gathering / crafting but get zero exp for your level

So the only way to progress to V10 is quest grinds and that is something many people dont dig anymore no matter how good the questing is.

And V1+ is to hard for most people with "wrong" specs, its not what Matt Frior said "play the way you want to play" you are going to get bumrushed with the wrong spec perdiod.

I forsee a huge dropoff after the 1st month and i think i am glad to see that.
    Then it means Zenimax has to improve the game or die in a fire.
    I keep playing as i have a epic guild and we have insane amounts of fun together :)

o/

Wow, 60 hours to get to level 50. I must be slow as hell cause so far I have 25 hours played and I am level 17. And I wouldn't say I engage in activites which give no xp. I don't craft and don't pvp. Just quest and read the odd book. Damn, that means it will probably take me 100 hours to 50, and another 200 for VR10...

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

Good for you. :-) Can't say I've experienced that many bugs. I've fallen through the world one time, and bumped into maybe 4-5 bugged quests, that have since gotten fixed. But eh, as I said, good for you. If you're unhappy with it, then it is indeed best to get a refund and not play anymore.

Youve been forunate.  I got to Vr5 in less than a week but was stuck because the main quest bugged out and wouldnt allow me to progress.  In my quest to try to correct this issue, i found numerous other people with the same exact bug, including force that dude from youtube.  I also found people in other situations where they couldn't even complete the original quest and get to level 50.    

I am speechless. You are abusing chargebacks/paypal cancellation. It's like beating a single player game adn wanting a refund after that. How many hours did you play? 200?

How people think that someone who played for 100-200 hours deserves a refund is beyond me. It's just pathetic.

I'm old, over 50. To me this all seems somehow just wrong and it's just another form of thievery. It's like going into McDonalds and eating every thing but one French Fry and asking for a refund. "It was pretty good, but I'm full now and want my money back". 

Of course youre f*****g entitled to refund AND a free meal on TOP of that (provided you are kind enough to not call the inspection to close the shop and check on sanitation conditions)

I think you got lost in my analogy. I meant he had eaten everything except one french fry and wanted his money back. You can't play games for hours and hours and then expect a refund. It is stealing imho. You may not think that way, but that is my personal belief. I was raised that way and I raised my children that way as well. I'm hoping honesty gets past down through at least my little part of the world to my Grandkids and so on. 

half of the game is half of the game, how many hours that is is completely irrelevant.

If i go to movies and projector breakes at half the movie 8roughly 1 hour) -> refund

If i go to movies for advertised 8 hours marathon and projector breakes at hour 5 -> refund.

Its very simple.

After 10 years of playing WoW it still has bugs. I should ask for a refund I guess. 

If legislative says you can and you find level of quality unacceptable - go ahead.

What I find disturbing in all of this, is that by defending these corporations, and condemning the consumers, we are clearly sending a message that it's OK for companies to produce this unfinished crap. If the product is defective, broekn or incomplete, the consumer didn't get what he paid for, he's due a refund. This isn't dependent on any "fun factor".

Video game developers need to start releasing games only after they are ready. But as long as there will be fans willing to tear up anyone who suggest waiting for "thier" game, then companies will continue to do this. Just look at SoE and Trion now. Charging money to have access to games in Alpha state. HOLY SHIT, how far have we slid in the QA dept?

What's goign to happen in the future? By the time the game is released, the companies will have already made their money, no one will give a shit what the game's like since everyone's already been playing it for two years and the quality will be shit because everyone was playing it in Alpha so there is no responsibility on behalf of the developer to produce a quality produt.

MMO betas are already a joke......ESO case in point.

Firstly I dont like ESO and I dont play ESO, BUT i find these refunds for games becouse of bugs riddiculous.

It's about time general public accepted (and law and courts too) that it is imposible to write software without bugs - yea really IT IS IMPOSSIBLE and more complicated software = more bugs .  Some bugs take REALLY more time to fix than it might seem to you  .  And 40 hours of gametime for 60 bucks is still way more entertaiment than you get for same ammount of money in other industries like films for example ... ( + even if his character didnt progressed, game didnt stopped working completly, well he could roll alt for time beiing) .

If you couldnt play game at all - like you couldnt even run the game - ok, you have right for refund, but in this case it's abuse of system.

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

Disclamer: The only post I read in this thread was the first one, so don't trash me if I missed something.

I've returned one game in my lifetime. Triple Play 99 for Playstation. In-store I went to the desk and asked them to unlock the case, told them the game I wanted, paid for it, grabbed the bag and went to the car. I took it out and noticed it was wrapped oddly. The celephane was taped at the bottom. I opened it, and the disc was broken in half inside. So in that case I feel it's appropriate to return a game. This also includes buying a preplayed copy that's scratched and won't load or freezes.

I'm not a big fan of returning MMOs. There are content updates, bug fixes, etc. If you wait long enough your issues will almost always be solved. If I had gotten stuck in the VR levels (which I lucky didn't) I simplyl would have waited it out, and taken the chance I got sidetracked on another game - but I suppose this depends on whether or not you enjoyed the game in the first place.

In my mind oiffline games are like buying fruit. Sometimes it just isn't as good as you expect it to be. Throw it in the trash and move on if it's bad. I don't even trade them in. Trashing a game has been my good deed for the day on many occasions - saving someone else from buying it preplayed.

- Nellus

Originally posted by Gestankfaust

yeah bizzare iisn't it?

Imagine that here you are again completely off topic and posting random BS.

I am not trying to tell anyone what to like..my posts are about people flaming OP for returning the product which wasn't up to his satisfaction.

Please read before you reply or don't bother at all.

Ad-Hom

It's one of the few weapons left in some people's arsenals. They can't take on the issues, so they take on the people from any angle possible, even if it's unrelated to the topic.

Originally posted by Malevil

Its very simple.

What I find disturbing in all of this, is that by defending these corporations, and condemning the consumers, we are clearly sending a message that it's OK for companies to produce this unfinished crap. If the product is defective, broekn or incomplete, the consumer didn't get what he paid for, he's due a refund. This isn't dependent on any "fun factor".

Video game developers need to start releasing games only after they are ready. But as long as there will be fans willing to tear up anyone who suggest waiting for "thier" game, then companies will continue to do this. Just look at SoE and Trion now. Charging money to have access to games in Alpha state. HOLY SHIT, how far have we slid in the QA dept?

What's goign to happen in the future? By the time the game is released, the companies will have already made their money, no one will give a shit what the game's like since everyone's already been playing it for two years and the quality will be shit because everyone was playing it in Alpha so there is no responsibility on behalf of the developer to produce a quality produt.

Firstly I dont like ESO and I dont play ESO, BUT i find these refunds for games becouse of bugs riddiculous.

It's about time general public accepted (and law and courts too) that it is imposible to write software without bugs - yea really IT IS IMPOSSIBLE and more complicated software = more bugs .  Some bugs take REALLY more time to fix than it might seem to you  .  And 40 hours of gametime for 60 bucks is still way more entertaiment than you get for same ammount of money in other industries like films for example ... ( + even if his character didnt progressed, game didnt stopped working completly, well he could roll alt for time beiing) .

If you couldnt play game at all - like you couldnt even run the game - ok, you have right for refund, but in this case it's abuse of system.

Really? Impossible? You really think it was impossible to fix the stuff that was reported in Beta but still ignored?  These weren't the last phase bugs that got through the final beta period because no one discovered them. This was stuff that wasn known for months and nothing was done.

And I am sorry, but as for the entire message of your post, I have to disagree. We have seen a few games that had smooth launches. 

If it's impossible, then kudos to Trion for doing the impossible.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Necropsie
    Originally posted by greatskys

Tried it got this response from paypal 

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Unfortunately, PayPal was not able to resolve the dispute between the two parties due to the item purchased being virtual or intangible. This included, downloads, online games and memberships to name a few. As a result, PayPal has taken no action on either account at this time. 

So I think you are a liar . Try what he suggests and you will see how much of a liar  the OP is as you will most likely get the same response . 

I'm not trying to defend the game I think there are some poor design choices in it and I wish I could get my money back but this whole thread has been set up to troll the game . 

I don't know what OP says, i don't know he is trolling or not but i can assure you that you can get a refund. It is very easy if you purchased a digital copy. Just contact Zenimax from their website and ask for a refund. You must also mention that it was not a finished game and Zenimax failed to deliver a working product. In my case, it all happened in one day, i asked for a refund, got a refund, no questions asked.

You can also refund a physical copy. But not by e-mailing Zenimax.. Every country has some kind of Good Sales Act / Code, try to find yours online.

Also, to all "in our time we bought the pizza if we took a slice" guys.. We have a saying in my country, it can be translated like.. "Supports King more then King himself". If someday, some company decides to launch a bug free crap, it will be because of guys like us who knows his/her rights and cancel/refund. Not because fanboys like you.. Grow up.

But of course if you read his post he doesn't say he got his refund through Zenimax if he did I would give it more credence . Also if you were to apply a little intelligence and common sense you would ask yourself why I want a refund if I'm a fanboy . If you are in any doubt check my previous posts because I am highly critical of the game and especially how Zenimax banned legitimate accounts and also critical of mmorpg.com for not reporting the story . If you do so you will realise just how foolish calling me a fan boy is .  (its also a bit childish)

Paypal do refund physical goods but they consider games as virtual goods once they are installed and registered even if they come in a box. The only way they offer refunds is if an item fails to be delivered in such cases .The claim of false advertising is dubious too because there has been none . Had he ordered the imperial edition and got the standard one it may have been a different matter.

Before telling someone to grow up perhaps you should apply a little maturity to yourself (if at all possible) and check Paypals terms and conditions . 

If you did so you would also see how much of a liar and a troll the OP is . Think about it . If this was at all possible gamers would realise that if you ordered through paypal you could get a free games over and over again . Developers would soon stop using Paypal because they were being scammed . 

As I said earlier it only takes a little intelligence and common sense .

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Malevil

Its very simple.

Really? Impossible? You really think it was impossible to fix the stuff that was reported in Beta but still ignored?  These weren't the last phase bugs that got through the final beta period because no one discovered them. This was stuff that wasn known for months and nothing was done.

And I am sorry, but as for the entire message of your post, I have to disagree. We have seen a few games that had smooth launches. 

If it's impossible, then kudos to Trion for doing the impossible.

Lol If you think that Trion games doesnt have bugs you just didnt noticed one. EVERY resonably complicated software has bugs, EVERY. Humans don't write code without errors and it is impossible to write something like perfect bug detector - go read something about what is called ' Halting problem ' and this is one of implications - Turing proved in 1936 this is unsolvable ... Yet in 2014 we have ppl expecting perfect software, just show how uneducated general public is.